Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Some Adjustment Needed [Open to Jakku Enclave]

Tathra caught the Jedi's arm in the paw of his right gauntlet; he turned his right ankle outward, bracing himself as he swung the Jedi with their own momentum - wrist snapping like wheat in his grasp as he threw her over his shoulder.

CRACK!!!

The air was filled with the sounds of violently crackling as the female Jedi slammed into the uneven rubble - spine splintering. Another fool, Tathra had killed so many Jedi he was nearly flippant about it. Tathra turned, stepping away from the broken corpse to face whatever came next with his Axe raised in his left.​

broken

Time seemed to pass in only vague scenes. None remembered. All fleeting. She had lost. Ala Quin had not just lost the battle, but she had lost her way, and her heart. The battles with the Shi'ido, and with Tom Kovack had scared her in how hollow she had become. Her encounters with the Bryn'adul had worn away at the near pacifist, peace-is-always-an-option glow that had once shone from not just her face but aura. In the Battle of Sarka Ala had broken in more ways than one. Tathra's actions were merely the completion of her descent.

Never a warrior, Ala had seen more blood, taken more lives in the last few months than ever before. She had become proficient in using her blade in more than just a training room, or in deflecting and defending. Her borrowed lightsaber had failed her in that last moment where she made her move for a decisive blow on the Bryn'adul leader. But the truth was that she had failed in it's weilding long before the blade had refused to ignite.

Laying in a recovery capsule on Jakku, the elven Jedi slowly felt the Force luring her back to a wakin existence. It's soft caress wafted over her consciousness, delicating stimulating her mind to awaken. There was resistance though. Something within her did not want to wake. Something inside desired only sleep. Forever if it had to be. But the Force was persistent, ever leaning into her mind and allowing the whispers of those that visited and stood over her bed to enter into her mind. Their words of concern and care were enough to beat down the wall of resistance over time.

Eyes cracked open. A blur of light overwhelmed her senses, and she closed her eyes again.

"Hello?" She said in a dry, raspy whisper.

Ala has been returned to the Jakku Enclave, but does not actually know many people in the Enclave so...HI. Tathra has broken her back in the recent Invasion thread. She has also clearly been experiencing some negative downward trends. This will be the start of her growth towards becoming a Jedi Master one day. Someone will need to break the news that she cannot walk though. Let me know if you want to do that. Just be gentle :(

FYI tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble , Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , Jax Thio Jax Thio , Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus , and any and all.

She happened to be in the area, and heard through the grapevine of the event. Her hair was shorter than Ala would remember, and dyed a sleek jet black. Due to her most previous missions with Ilwynog. You could say it was her being undercover, in a sense. Given, she honestly didn't know Ala as well as she would've liked too, she still visited. Having snooped around a bit, she knew that Ala had been crippled, but wasn't entirely sure how to break that bit to her. Wasn't Caltin her Master? It would be better if it was him. She sat there in the chair, looking at her hands as if they were someone else's. The hell was wrong with the galaxy she wondered. The Bryn'Adul were basically unchecked at this point, and while she knew she was strong, she felt helpless.

For a long time, she had done little crap missions, helping people evacuate... Evacuate... Retreat, Rally, and retreat... More evacuations. Now, she had of course took the necessary steps to step into the role of a Jedi Shadow, but hearing of the incident made her question everything. She didn't want to handle it like a Jedi, she wanted to murder every last one of them... That's what she wanted in her heart, and soul. Ala wasn't a bad person, and that wasn't to be taken lightly. Aayla didn't mean that as in, she was a Jedi, and as such was inherently good. Aayla had never seen her do anything bad, or even have a shred of ill intention towards anyone.

She was always trying to help others, in a way just like Aayla. And yet...

From her seat, her eyes trailed from Ala's sleeping face, to her legs. Swallowing hard, and shaking her head. The voice caused her to bolt up, moving from the chair in one smooth motion.

"Hey... Hey, relax... You're on Jakku... You're safe" she mumbled, looking over her Jedi Sister in arms. She was always beautiful, in her own way; even sickly, and cri-... Aayla just glanced away, feeling anger swell inside her. She held the others hand, wondering if her comment was even valid. Were they safe? Was anyone safe from such a threat? In the end, no... There was nothing to negotiate when it came to the Bryn, from the smallest creature, to the largest; they destroyed and moved on to destroy more. Of course she had heard so much about them, but it was always just outside the realm of interest.

' What was happening over there... Where they were attacking;... And never the truth... Who was coming... They were coming, and Ala had paid a price to have that fight.

She waited for some time, letting the other get her bearings before continuing.
"Want some water or something, you sound like death?"

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: Ala Quin Ala Quin Romi Jade Romi Jade - Jakku Enclave members

They took her here...

They did not tell him...

That.was.a.mistake...

It was not the location that bothers him. It was not anyone here that bother him. It was the fact that he was not told that bothers him. There was absolutely no sense of courtesy to say "Hey! Vanagor! Your buddy Ala? Yeah, they took her to heal at the Enclave on Jakku." No, he had to find out for himself. It was bad enough that he could not be there, that he could not be there for her when she was carried off, but the fight with those blasted Bryn. He had to fight them, fight their leader, the Titan, the monster broke her back so mercilessly and he may not have done the damage to the monster that he wished to, but the big gained a lot of information that would affect the outcome should the two of them meet again.

That's enough...

Just saying. Anyway, as the ship set down, Roller did not bother asking if he was needed, the droid stayed with the ship without question or direction. It was just as well as Caltin was not in the mood to argue right now. As he stepped off, he did not even let his "welcoming committee" do its job.

"Greetings, I am Cee Three Pee*"

I remember you, "Threepiate". I am here to find Jedi Knight Ala Quin. Where was she taken?

"Oh, I am sorry. I am not*"

Threepiate, I'm not mad at you, but I know she's here. Where is your infirmary?

He was given some direction and slowly the massive Jedi Master made his way out of the hangar and towards the main hallways. There was a problem here, and he was not going to settle for light answers. He wanted the truth and was going to get it. No, this was not some heroic crusade, nor was he going to push his way into a situation that could go badly, but this was someone he made a promise to a long time ago. He broke that promise once, he won't do it again.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Last edited:
We meet again

Ship: XJ7-Stealth
Valery: Appearance
Tag: Ala Quin Ala Quin

Valery had been busy for quite some time now, collecting knowledge and learning about the current state of the Galaxy, all with the goal to begin something new for herself. This meant she hadn't seen the woman who recovered her from stasis since..well, that particular day on Onderon. However, when she heard that something may have happened to Ala Quin Ala Quin , she left behind Spintir and traveled a great distance towards Jakku.

Through her conversations with Jedi she had met, she learned about the Jakku Enclave but she had never visited it before and hoped they wouldn't mind the rather unannounced arrival. But given the circumstances, she figured they would not be opposed to receiving a Jedi wanting to support an injured friend.

"I hope she's alright." is all Valery could think as she landed her fighter, and allowed those on the surface to guide her through their Enclave. She had no idea where to go, but with some assistance, she would soon find her way to the infirmary, where she quietly waited for Ala to wake up.

Looking around the room, she spotted several others - she figured they were friends and fellow Jedi Ala had worked with. It wasn't surprising to Valery that others were here for her. Ala was kind and incredibly helpful - Valery being awake and alive was proof of that - and she was glad to see them here.

Valery offered them a respectful bow of her head and remained patient, as they all waited to offer support, and hopefully get answers as to what exactly happened. But one thing was for sure - Ala had helped her once, and now Valery would do anything to help her in return. Not because she felt like they owed each other anything, but simply because that's what friends would do for each other.

A nearby nurse moved on the mention of water from Aayla. As he walked past, Valery entered and he offered a nod. Within seconds he was back with a small sponge, lightly coated in water and stood on the opposite side of the recovery unit from Aayla. The dabbing of the cool liquid felt like a little bit of heaven, but not enough for her to be sated.

"More," she rasped, lips sticking together and making a sublte popping sound as the released at the end of the word.

"We are giving you intravenous fluids. Your mouth may feel a little dry, but I have noticed you like to sleep with your mouth open...you will be OK soon," said the nurse in a reassuring tone, "you are on Jakku, you have friends here. You were brought back from Sarka but a medical detachment from the Silver Jedi...you are a long way from the front. You are safe."

The man's eyes showed kindness, but also the reality of news that needed to be shared with patient. Straightening his back and coming to his full height, he offered a pursed smile to the women across the other side of the bed. "I will leave you with her."

Aayla's words still lingered in Ala's mind. You sound like death.

With her senses still feeling overwhelmed, she was trying to make sense of who was sitting at her bedside.

"Lynmeira?" She muttered, as her eyes opened and light bloomed shapes started to sharpen into clear and distinct objects. She chided herself as she realized not where, but when she was. It couldn't be Lynmeira. Her heart broke for her long dead friend, just a little.

"Aayla...Valery...what...what happened? Are you OK?" She said with brows forming a deep triangular frown.

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag: Ala Quin Ala Quin Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Valery Noble Valery Noble

Making his way down the hallway, he ignored the stares...

... they were startled and it was understandable.

Making his way down the hallway, he did not acknowledge any calls to him...

... he was not here on any business other than finding Ala.

Making his way down the hallway, he was not a Jedi...

... he was a big brother.

This was the war that was going on in his mind. For as long as he could remember, the big guy considered himself "A Jedi by choice, not by nature". That means to him that the Code? Well, it's a nice thing to listen to in your head and to follow, but there were ways to stay in it and still be who you are. Feelings? The original Jedi Tenets, one of them is that feelings are unavoidable but you should be able to learn from them. That is something that kept him going, he embraced his aggression in a manner that a lot of the Jedi of today could learn from, even and especially those of the New Jedi Order. That was a discussion in another context and for another time though as this is about what the massive Jedi Master was here, and why he was about to walk hard into a room that was meant for a soft touch.

He was not a slave to his emotions, not at all, but the big guy believed and practiced in the notion that engaging those who would harm the Jedi away from the Temple, kept them away from the Temple. What does this have to do with her? Ala was his rock. It ironic since many believed that he was hers. However her naivete' her innocence, her sugary sweet outlook on... everything... it was to him... all that was good about the Jedi. That was the way it was supposed to be. Maybe that is why the two of them got along so well, why they were the way that they were. She was the icon, the poster child for what the Order was about. He was the shield. He was the one whose name was whispered in the halls of the Dark Temples. She was the one who was sought out by those looking for a better life. He was the one who was there to stand between her and those who would seek to do her and the Jedi Harm. He was effective, all but one time. She was kidnapped, tortured... among other atrocities. His promise to protect her was broken.

It broke him...

Then the slap in the face came. None of them, none of the Order seemed to care about finding her. All were resigned to, almost content with declaring her "dead" and not willing to look. So Caltin went to look on his own.

He found her...

Then he helped her reconnect to the Force...

Then 860+ years later, he did again, and the cycle was still active.

Then Sarka...

... it was happening all over again...

There were a Jedi Healer and a medical doctor standing outside what was no doubt Ala's room. There were others in the room, but he wanted to talk to those outside first. The Jedi offering him a respectful, but startled bow, he offered a head-nod and looked down at the woman in the white coat. She was clearly professional and not bothered at all at being around any of those in the entire campus, let alone three to five feet out.

"You must be the 'Caltin', that she has asked about." Observed the physician.

I am, how bad is the situation?

Please remember, Master Vanagor to keep a calm mind. Your thoughts betray you and... She was trying to help and Caltin, though clearly in the mood to, did not go off on her. However, she was not in the position to really understand what was going on in his mind, at least not to him.

... and your thoughts betray you, Master Verashy. I may be concerned about a woman I consider my sister, not just a "sister". I was there when she fell, were you? I have a right to be worried and be here. Now I mean absolutely no disrespect to you, but I am not here to discuss semantics. I am here to see about Ala Quin's status, please.

The Jedi may be a bit taken aback, but the doctor understood his position completely, she had seen this before, many times in fact. This is why she held up her datapad and showed him the layout of the body as it should be compared to hers. "On the left is a preliminary scan we take of every individual who takes up some kind of residence here, this is her initial scan. On the right is the scan that I personally took when she was brought here."

Now it was Caltin's turn to be taken aback. I see.

"You should be proud of what you had done, Master Vanagor. If it were not for your actions, she may not have been transported out as she had, and may not be here today."

So, she's going to survive.

"I don't pretend to know anything about the Force, Master Jedi. What I know is anatomy, and she will survive. What type of life she is able to lead is... well I guess it's up to the Force, right?"

Caltin smiled wearily, knowing that is not how the Force worked but could give the doctor a "win." Sounds about right. Thank you, doctor, excuse me.

Walking into the room, he didn't bump shoulders with the nurse, the man didn't give him a chance to, not that he would have anyway. For all he knew, it was the nurse who contacted him. Caltin recognized Aayla, frankly, the one wanting to learn, wanting a second chance but suddenly disappeared when given the opportunity, and there was some other woman next to Ala. There were others there and it did not matter. He was not here for them, he would not be outright rude to anyone, but he was only here for Ala. Hey kid.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.s
ZhUyygm.png

Her head turned as Caltin entered the room, black strands of hair falling into place as she looked him over, gauging him not only by his face, but through the emotions he emitted through the Force. It was similar... If not worse. Caltin was legendary, a man out of time; and even he stood now with that same look of defeat that she had.

What happened? That's what her friend asked, and she had no decisive answer. Other than they had failed her. Not just the people in the room, everyone that had failed to come together against a common threat.

Indeed she recognized Caltin as well, one of the ones pivotal in giving her a second chance. Along with Ilwynog, Sakadi, and Or'Fol... Good, she thought; glancing at at Ala for just a moment.

Aayla just shook her head then, turning on heel and storming to the door. She was tired of playing Jedi... Tired of the repeated losses.

The nurse on call started saying something to her

'Now before you lea-oumph'

Her hand has raised quite literally shouldering him out of the way, and exiting the room. She didn't have time for that, whatever it was. And she didn't have time to play with this passive-aggressive Jedi crap. She didn't want to meditate, or consider different avenues, or look at it from a different point of view.

There was a light thudding in her mind, as she moved she felt the eyes on her. Was it really that obvious? Hell it didn't matter... This was the same crap that had dammed her friend to a wheelchair.

She was tired of it, and tired of these stupid regulations. God she was so stupid, Ala told her about the mission, and all she had for the girl was words of 'good luck essentially...

What was that going to do for her now? She needed to avenge Ala, whatever the cost... A Bryn'Adul leader. A tough opponent obviously, but a target in any case...

If Caltin thought she was MIA before, they were going to get thrown for a loop this time. She needed to get far away from SJC influence, somewhere she could explore all avenues of power, she knew better that to consider herself a Padawan. In the natural sense anyway...

Ranks... She thought, getting into the turbolift and returning the same judgmental looks she was receiving.

Once that door closed, the young woman felt the lift move and turning punching, and solidly denting the wall beside her to just a little of it out... Something out.

They judged her, she judged them... It was fair enough a trade. She was going to find a way to act on this though. To hell with the self pity and mourning.

"Hey kid."

A soft smile washed away the frown as a familiar looming presence hung over her. It was a shadow she was glad to never wander far from. "Caltin," she said, the weakness in her voice still evident, but less dry and harsh sounding, "hey kid, right back at ya."

She was going to say something else, but it was then that Aayla stormed out of the room. The tempest of emotion about the elven, but now dark haired, shook Ala to the core. She knew that Aayla had a temprement set detonate if not carefully managed. She longed to get up from her bed and go after her friend. What had happened to make her so upset? Sure, Ala was in recovery. Was it...really bad?

She turned her head to Valery. It was so nice that she had come to see her. Ala felt a little overwhelmed by the kindness, and equally nervous about asking her a favour. "Valery...can you...would you do me a favour?" She said, trying to move her hand to reach out, but finding her body weak and uncooperative, very little was willing to move in fact, her legs seemed especially stubborn. "Aayla. She shouldn't be alone. She is a good person, lost in her emotion. Please check on her for me."

She took a breath, and refocused on Caltin. There was a deep concern in his eyes, but that was not uncommon. She tilted her head slightly, only able to manage a single word with tiredness beginning to well up once again. "What?"

Valery was quiet while she looked between the Jedi that had gathered for Ala. She wasn't exactly sure what to say yet, and she figured the others knew Ala better than she did - she didn't want to get in the way. Valery had only met Ala once before, after all. However, when Ala looked her way after Aayla Shan Aayla Shan had stormed out, she got a little closer.

Noticing Ala's desire to reach out with her hand, Valery took it gently and placed another hand on Ala's shoulder. She offered a soft smile and looked over her shoulder, towards the door. "Of course, it's the least I could do." she said before her eyes briefly shifted to Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , who she believed would remain here for Ala.

She nodded her head lightly towards the man and then looked back at Ala. "You stay here and rest up, I'll be back soon and I promise, I will do what I can to help Aayla." Valery said before she let go of Ala, and stepped away so she could talk to Caltin if she wished.

Valery then turned to the door and followed after Aayla, hoping to figure out where she went so the two could talk. Seeing how Aayla left, she figured it wouldn't be an easy conversation but she had a lot of experience helping troubled Jedi.

Even if all she could do was listen and comfort her, she would.

53950.gif

Equipment:

There was the smile he was looking for, the smile she reserved for him... the problem is it was weak, weary and defeated. Frankly, it made him want to well up, and cry right there. Seeing her like this weakened him in more ways than he wanted to think about. Anyone reading this already knows what she is to him, but she is also in many ways his proverbial "kryptonite" in that regard.

What?

Never mind. As the other woman... "Valery" walked out, Caltin could sense Aayla walking away in anger. It was not her emotions that bothered him, after all, he was who he was. It was her storming out, and this sense he was getting from her that made him mad. As he slowly made his way over to Ala, he took the moment to reach out to Aayla and give her something that she was used to, tough love.

~"Really? Just going to leave? Just walk away from someone who clearly means something to you? You're just going to leave her when she needs you the most? Forget your feelings about me, the Council, the Jedi Order. She.Needs.You. You can either be there for your friend. Or you can go back to being impulsive. Your choice."~

Now that that was done, Caltin grabbed a chair and sat down next to the one person alive that he would literally do anything for. When she asked him "what", he just rubbed the back of his head. She would well recognize it as he didn't want to tell her what he knew. The big guy was never one to want to, or be any good at stalling. Then he finally found the willpower to speak. I held him off, but he got away. He's going to answer for what he did to you. The voice was breaking and hard to be consistent, but he got it out. It was the truth.

I... I talked to the doctor. You're going to survive this.

ZhUyygm.png

She was already a whirlwind of emotion by the time she had hit the sands, intent on finding a ride off of Jakku. It wouldn't have been hard, as the planet had come quite a long way from its humble origins.

Yet here was something, though she had left, it seemed she hadn't gone far enough away to escape Vanagor. As soon as he begun speaking she felt her blood boil. And yet she paced, listening to his message relayed in the Force.

Was it a guilt trip? If so, it was a good one. It forced her to stand and think. He was right... She knew that, but couldn't just sit with Ala. It didn't feel right. Not when she had failed her so dismally. Her eyes focused on the sandy horizon of Jakku...

"What comes next is for her, Master Vanagor... I'm sorry.."

The young woman apologized in advance, pressing onwards into the sands. She wasn't ready to take on a threat like that yet, but she would trust in the Force, and trust in the fire that sat just under her heart.

There had to be blood for this... He might not have heard that response, but she could only hope he understood. Could only hope he felt the sadness their common enemy had left within her.

A few steps were taken, then she would be glance back, warned in advance by the Force someone had followed her. As she didn't see the person, she stubbornly pressed on; she had to get a shuttle to anywhere she could disappear for a while. She had done well training herself, taking lessons from various masters and snowballing the taught concepts into things that were practical, and applicable her.

It was time for a true test... Irregardless of the outcome. Even if she was never allowed back to the only place in the galaxy she had ever called home. Maybe even if she couldn't keep the promise made to Ala, and stay in the light with her...

Realizing there was some distance between herself and Aayla, Valery quickened her steps and maneuvered her way past anybody on her path. "Excuse me. Apologies. Please, step aside." Valery called out to various others who were between herself and the young woman whose internal conflict was seemingly tearing her apart inside.

"Aayla!" Valery exclaimed as she moved into the sand.

The sudden change of light made the Keshian woman squint but she pressed on and tried her best to catch Aayla's attention. She had a feeling that Aayla would try to avoid her, but she made a promise to Ala and Jedi honor their promises, especially when it comes to friends.

"Aayla wait!" she called out as she began to move even faster, wanting to make sure she could catch her before she'd reach a shuttle. Through the Force, she tried to make it clear that her intentions were to help, but she didn't blame Aayla for wanting to avoid it at first. After all, she was only a stranger to the woman.

But stranger or not, Valery would do anything to help out a struggling Jedi.

She maintained her pace, eventually disappearing into the crowd... Supposedly. As soon as they entered into the crowded area, She would stop, noting the cool emotions the other emitted towards her through the Force.

She had to admit, they were trying hard, and quite frankly it would be easier to either shake the other off, or at least explain she wanted to be left alone. Somehow she wasn't confident she would be able to outrun this woman. She was a Jedi Knight, at least; probably a Master.

When Valery approached, Aayla stepped to her from the side.

"Can you not... I'm right here. I'm sure Ala sent you, but really... I'll be fine on my own... Whoever you are."

She said, hands finding her waist as she peered at the other. Other than that, she said nothing, just watching the other.

Valery came to a stop when Aayla stepped towards her from the side. She let out a soft sigh and briefly looked around before turning her orange gaze to the other woman. She heard what she said, but wasn't going to just accept it immediately and leave again. As much as she understood the desire to be left alone, she also knew it could be self-destructive.

"Ala did ask me to check on you and I'm not one to stand by idly while someone is about to tear themselves apart." she said, her tone a little more serious, but clearly still caring.

"I know you're hurting and wanting to take action - I've experienced this pain myself before and made many mistakes because of it. But I urge you to take a step back and think it all through." Valery said, her tone softening while she looked at the woman with a soft smile. Both through the Force and her exterior, she hoped her calmness would carry over just a little.

"You want to help Ala or bring those responsible to justice. But if you go out there on your own, you may very well end up in a similar situation or worse. The last thing Ala or anybody wants you to do is get hurt for them."

Valery paused and looked at the woman. She didn't know Aayla the way Ala or some others would, but her own caring nature made it impossible to just let her go and get herself hurt. Valery knew all too well what could and likely would happen. "Please, don't leave now. There is a time and place to fight and defend those who need it."

"Now is not the time."

| Aayla Shan Aayla Shan |

Of course that carried over, the calmness of Valery. Hell, even Caltin's words still resonated. She was just fighting it ignorantly. She wanted so badly to find her own way. Her own path through the mud, mind you, she was prepared for it to be just that, muddy, and dirty...

Aayla happened to be something of a Jedi nerd, but noted this woman had never come across her searching.

"You're not with the ess jay cee?"

She asked, hand sliding from her waist and folding over her chest. Valery had her point, but Aayla wasn't going back to have her now. Now, more than ever she needed to train. She needed more experience...

Ala would have to understand, that seeing her in that state was painful in its own right. Now more than anything she wanted desperately to become stronger... In any case, this lady...

Her and Caltin... They had won her over for now.

"Fine, so what now.. How do you suggest we get these bastards back for what they did? I cannot sit on this. I can't"

"Held him off?" She said, frown returning. The words were difficult to get out, barely above a whisper now. Fighting the fatigue that would have her slip back into a slumber, Ala searched her haze of a memory for what Caltin could be talking about.

It was as if she was searching for a word that she knew, but did not know exactly what it was. The memory was right there. If she could just put a place or a name, or a single event into the front of her conciousness she would be able to remember it all. Where had she been?

Sarka...

The weight of the word fell upon her, pushing her further into an unmoving state, could it have even been possible to move. Draelvasier. Bryn'adul. Tathra. Her actions. Her lack of empathy. Her failed attempt to strike down the leader of the Bryn'adul. She, the one who had claimed that they could change, had been the one to change into another run of the mill Jedi warrior that was swept aside by Tathra.

She didn't feel like she was going to make it.

"I lost."

Her head turned away, tears beading in the corner of her eyes.

"I lost my way."

53950.gif

Equipment:

No, no, no, don't you frown. Don't you do that. You're alive. You're here. That's a win. Don't you be sad on me. There was enough stress going on with the state of the galaxy, the Jedi, all of it, frell even the Jedi here are stressed. Ala didn't need that right now. So, as much as his emotional state was fighting him, Caltin smiled the one meant for making her feel better and ran fingers through her hair, getting them out of her face. He may be the one who is feeling like a failure right now, but she was not going to, not if he could help it.

You are the reason why I never left the Order, Ala. Your belief that there can be good in the tiniest of Aak Dog puppies finding their growl for the first time, or a conquering horde like the Bryn'adul, it inspires me. It inspires everyone around you. Skywalker may have been "The Chosen One", but you are the reason the Jedi are who they are. There's a hundred "Caltin Vanagor"s out there, I don't care what people say. I'm no one special. You? There's only one "Ala Quin".

There may be tears in his eyes at this point, and there was, now the smile was more genuine., he was still lightly rubbing her forehead and hair, never losing eye contact.

Tyria? She was my sister by birth. You? You're my sister by choice, always have been and you know that. I love you. You're alive. That means the Bryn, those on that Imperial ship I found you on, Hydrocus... they lose again. Don't you dare be sad on me. You're going to survive, you're going to make it through this, and you know what I'm gonna be there, every step of the way.

Caltin then took a moment to plant a peck on Ala's forehead as he reached out through the Force to contact Aayla one more time.

~"I know that response, I've MADE that response. I won't stop you, but if you walk down that road, you will never come off of it, and it won't help you at all. Don't make the same mistake I did, kid."~

ZhUyygm.png

Last edited:
Valery smiled softly as she noticed that her words were received well, but shook her head at the first question "I'm not with any group at the moment, but I'm still a Jedi and I will help others if they need it." she said.

Valery then looked around for a moment, thinking about what to say next. The situation was difficult, and she understood why Aayla wanted to out for revenge. But she knew it wouldn't be the right path, and wanted to help her go in the right direction. A soft breath then escaped Valery's lips, as she looked back.

"Right now, it's important that we prepare and plan our next actions carefully. Even with a strong heart.." she said, looking the other in the eyes. "..you can't rush into conflict. When the time is right and there is an opportunity, we can make our move but not out of revenge. I know you're hurting but a quest for revenge has no winners. You either die and hurt the person you wished to avenge even more, or you lose yourself in the brief moment of satisfaction you'll feel."

Valery said, her tone calm, kind, and not condescending at all. She said these things purely to help and protect Aayla the best she could. But she didn't know Aayla too well, and how she'd respond to this - she didn't want this to sound like her being lectured, but instead like friendly advice from someone who has felt similarly.

"What we can do, is prepare and look for the right opportunity to make our move. Not for revenge, but to protect others and make sure this doesn't happen again. We can take the fight to them but it has to be with the right intentions and mindset, as well as proper training and preparation."

The others eyes were suddenly very much of note. She didn't want to ask questions, however. She did relate the hues with something vaguely Sith, but she had been mistaken for Echani herself, probably a good thing, given the mythos surrounding them in hand to hand combat. Here they were again, telling her to prepare, and wait for her opportunities. She didn't agree in the slightest, if she was being honest. Then again, it was as if a Jedi was about to let one of their own run wild. Even a Jedi Padawan could be dangerous if unchecked, much less Aayla, who was borderline a Knight, if not that.

"Call it what you want lady, but I'm tired of being left behind. With, or without the Jedi I'm going to find a way to defend my friends... I'm not gonna' let these bastards trample my garde-"

She shook her head of that silly sentiment, remembering it as something she had said to Ala shy of a month ago. Her eyes moved past Valery, resting on a job board and her eyes focused on it. Aayla trudged forward, black boots kicking up sand as she moved over and ripped down a sheet of paper. She glanced it over, mumbling to herself as she slowly paced back to the other.

"Here, these people have a job posting, they're asking for Jedi specifically... Unironically, they're getting pressed by the Bryn'Adul... Are we still allowed to help?" she asked, leaving the tattered, dirty flyer with her and moving along. She did want to go back and see Ala, but right now... She couldn't, she couldn't see her friend in that way.

Instead, she was going to become more than she was by the next time Ala saw her. The next time Ala saw her, Aayla wanted to be on a whole different level. That was her intention, with or without this strange Sith looking lady.

Valery narrowed her eyes slightly while she listened to Aayla's response. Regardless of her skills, any Jedi with training had the ability to be a danger to themselves or others, especially during troubling times. But she very much understood her desire to defend her friends as well.

Watching her return with the flyer, Valery took a look at it and sighed softly to herself. There was a lot going on in her life, and going out to help those people would delay a lot of her plans. However, they needed help and her plans could wait. She also promised Ala to keep an eye on Aayla, and not leave her alone.

So she knew what to do.

"We can respond to this call for help. Seems like it could be a tough job so if you don't mind, I'd like to go with you." Valery said with a soft smile.

"But before we leave, I don't believe we have introduced ourselves properly. I'm Master Valery Noble." she said before bowing her head lightly in respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom