Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So... What am I doing wrong?

Yoru Shakou

Recently, more and more by the day, I've been feeling like I'm either being ignored or just discounted when it comes to posting, almost like people see that I post then they go out of their way to not reply to them, and it's not a good feeling.

I've thrown myself into getting my faction off the ground and even now I'm not proud to say that it has become stagnant.

I've posted in Dominions where I've @mentioned people going after similar objectives and then came back to find the Dominion over with and not a single @mention to even validate my character's presence in the thread.

I know that I owe posts to those few people that I'm involved in threads with right now, and sadly even those are beginning to feel like they were done more out of pity than actually wanting to rp with me...

There's even been contemplating of out right leaving, and I know people wouldn't even notice if I did.

Wish I could say, Baroness. I do often find that people get caught up in their own storylines, and often will ignore you unless you make them do otherwise. It might also help to arrange to run a storyline with people before you jump in - talk to the people you tag in a Dominion, and co-ordinate a game plan. Helps to avoid any misunderstandings, or people being left out.

I've liked what I've seen of your writing, so it's not as if quality is an issue. That just leaves choosing the right partners to write with, and keeping the communication going between you, so everyone knows what's going on.

[member="Baroness Magrath"]

I would notice if you left :( So don't do it.

If you are referencing these past Dominions....yeah they got done quick since only 50 posts were needed. As for your faction...I'm still here. I haven't left ya :)

This NE has taken time from a lot of people's plans...mine included. I'm still playing catch up with some of my posts...and some people post faster than me. I take my time to write up a post. Soon as I'm done and its posted...10 minutes later the other person has posted...sometimes even shorter than that.

No it's not you. You are an excellent writer...in fact, you ever want to do a thread together...my policy has always been: I'm open! :)

I have felt that way with a few of the characters which gets very frustrating. Especially when I have these awesome ideas that I work on. It makes me sad. I totally understand your pain.

Hey, if you want someone to RP with who is also an OS apprentice, I'm here :) . If you want, we could do a regular random RP or maybe a sparring thread? I also looked at the OS training thread, and didn't see ya on the registry. I would recommend getting a master from this thread. They will provide a constant thread for you, though the post can be a bit spaced out at times. If see a particular trainer on there you like, I can try and hook you 2 up, if you don't wanna do it yourself.

I've noticed that it is difficult to get 'in' to the roleplay here. Without writers such as [member="Enigma"] or [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] I wouldn't have half the roleplay I've done on this character and [member="Vilox Pazela"]. I was also very fortunate to have gotten in during the peak of the Sith Empire, participating in great threads such as the infamous Thronebreaker one.

There are times when I find it difficult to find roleplay. I've tried to set up two Gatherings, an event in which business people, criminals and so on gather in which we conduct deals, partnerships etc. The first one died after I went on a short LOA. The people involved could have continued posting (there was plenty of other people to interact with to conduct their own dealings etc as was implied) and the second I've found difficult to even instigated, as people have been caught up in their own roleplays and the Netherworld event.

If I were you Magrath, I would focus on getting your character higher up than where it is now. Currently you have the Acolyte tag, so work towards Knight and then Lord. I'm confident that you will pick up people as you go along to set up a foundation of writers you can roleplay with on a regular basis. This is something I've seen with some of the best characters on the board, who regularly roleplay with each others characters because it's fun for them to do so.

As for the Avidon Oligarchy, it is difficult to begin a faction that has no structured story. The gist that I got from it was a safe haven for Sith to come and go, but isn't that what the One Sith is? Take inspiration from Sith cults such as the Lost tribe of Sith or the Krath and make the Avidon your own version of a Sith cult. Perhaps it's a Sith conspiracy to take over the criminal underworld or business Empires? Galaxy is yours to what you make of it.

[member="Baroness Magrath"], I'm sorry that you're going through this.

Like Orick, I've been there myself a few times, and it sucks.

If there's anything I can ever do help, shoot me a message.

I'ma be that one jerk. Sorry.

This makes me not really want to RP with you. Prior to this you were just this cool chica who seemed like a good writer but happened to be in storylines/factions that didn't intersect any of mine, but it would be cool if they did.

Now I feel like if I post in a thread your in and do not go out of my way to write with you or get busy I'm going to get hit with the guilt hammer. I hate the guilt hammer. I avoid that shit like the plague.

Do you have Skype? Have you got people on it if so? I bounce a lot of ideas on people via Skype, it's a great way to really get included in storylines and get awesome plots going.

As for Dominions, they get a bit hectic, and often you're just being pushed to get them DONE rather than to interact and write lovely beautiful prose. I wouldn't take anything in a Dominion personally.

Sorry to be that one guy, but sometimes honesty rather than pats on the back helps. PS, if you do have skype and wanna PM me your deets I would totally add you, surely we can do something on one of my characters, but no guilt hammer!

To be fair, I've offered multiple times to thread with you, though the public threads seem to always peter out, and you've ruled out the option of private threads. Your character is very much one of the most interesting(and dare I say unique) characters on the site, and I'd very much like to thread with you. If not with Enigma, then with one of the other characters I have.

I'd RP with ya, but we'd have to come up with a crazy storyline. Since you're Sith and I'm Jedi.

Maybe we both go to a back-woods planet that's not known, that has some crazy natural magnetic shield and any ship that tries to land there gets fried. Can't communicate to get help off-world. At first, we start fighting, but then realize we have to work together to escape?

Throw in some kinda crazy monsters or strange species that are out to get us? Hmm? Could be interesting.

Yoru Shakou

First I would like to apologize for my behavior. I did not mean for this to become a please pity me. I should have done the smart thing and kept away from the computer and posting when my Depression hits me that hard and I would like to sincerely apologize to each of you for my words and behavior.
Second, I would like to thank you all for your views and your posts. I was fully expecting to not receive any posts, though each of the following posts helped pull me out of my little hole in the ground. Thank you.
The posts above have also sparked a bit of inspiration in what the future of the Baroness (soon to be ex-Baroness; shh you'll see soon) will hold. Much of what was written, mainly that focused on finding a trainer for her has been something that I've worked on. With her main Sith Master having been [member="Darth Vornskr"], as it always felt a right fit, I've always found finding a Master for her to be difficult due in part that she is not the typical "hit it with a sword, kick it in the nads, then lightning it to death" Sith. I always envisioned her as a simple behind the scenes support like character which is not often done. Most of her strength is not from wielding a lightsaber or using the Force, it comes from moving people to do the work for her to accomplish goals. I understand that other people have faced similar road blocks with similar characters which is why they're not done that often.
I would also like to think that even though she is a Sith, she is one that could easily find a common ground to work with Jedi or other Force Practitioners. She's not out to dominate everyone and steam roll those that don't agree with her. I would welcome threads with Jedi characters, though they wouldn't really be the whole survival on a world, or dueling style of threads (plus I have been trying to write her like Palpatine in which her allegiance to the Sith is not widely known and is only known by a few people).
Again though, thank you for helping me out of my little hole.
[member="Tirdarius"]​
[member="Darth Venefica"]​
[member="Orick T'ane"]​
[member="Vi'kas Mirtis"]​
[member="Alicia Drey"]​
[member="Gir Quee"]​
[member="Werdla Dardalab"]​
[member="Enigma"]​
[member="Roshim Talsung"]​

No need to apologize - we all end up feeling that way eventually, some more than others. I'd still be glad to do a thread with you, considering that the Baroness's being a, to quote you, "simple behind the scenes support like character," is similar to what I've tried to do with Enigma since her redux. And considering Kaine's recent demise, I'd be glad to do whatever training you'd be interested in.

I'm not pitying you. I've been in the same situation you seem to be in. Every thread I post in seems to die, up until recently. I was just suggesting a way we both could get some writing done. :p

If you need an eccentric Jedi Padawan (me), PM me!

I often post on Chaos when I am depressed. Losing myself in a story that I am creating for myself or with others helps me get out of my rut. I've been in a deep state of depression recently. My duel with [member="Meric Nadun"] during the One Sith's invasion of Kashyyyk was extremely helpful.

This thread sparked a conversation between myself and @Engima on Skype. We were really impressed with the submission you made about the planet Avidon and the potential of the Avidon Oligarchy. The name itself, Avidon, is quite brilliant and unique. To me, it reads really well. I like it when a made up word just reads good, don't you?

Not to rip off any ideas, but the Tion Hegemony comes to mind when I thought about the Avidon Oligarchy. Speaking with Mark on Skype about what we would like to do in the Oligarchy, we would like to replicate some of the success seen in the Tion Hegemony at Avidon. I'll tell you that there is much of a war as big as the one seen between the One Sith and their enemies between business corporations and the criminal elements involved.

That could be a new direction to bring to the Oligarchy.

You're a great writer and your Baroness is a great character, and that is coming from someone who finds most Sith here boring. I also totally understand what you're going through, having suffered a depression like that few weeks ago. I wish you the best of luck, stay strong, and if you'd like to RP just PM me :)

Given her personality, you may want to look into having the Baroness become an OS military commander. Perhaps an Admiral, as they do not generally participate in ground battles, but stay on their capital ships and command attacks. Seems like a fitting duty for her, but you know your char better than I do. Plus, admiral comes with a cool tag :p

Ok first off, going into a dominion or invasion is pure chaos! Omg you'll get buried and left behind!

Heres what I did for my faction. Almost every member I have I did a personal RP with. Most of them in fact I just busted into an open RP and introduced myself and we fought together against a common foe. The other part is a unique faction draw or pull.

What makes the Fleet unique is that we have three mission stes, we mad our own "Spacers Code" if you will, IC.

Also we have a lot of interplay between the members, with us bouncing character development ideas off each other all the time. It's really just down to your members. While you may have certain values for your faction set ins tone, sometimes it pays to be a bit flexible. For example Vassara hates Sith. But on a side note I'm not against Dark Jedi joining our ranks, only true Sith.

Another thing, you said you wanted to RP with us? Where my PM!! :p

Lastly make a compelling storyline, get out there and plaster the board with open threads, travel individually as character and just meet people. I find that if you meet people IC and recruit them, then add them to a skype faction chat helps IC and OOC tremendously.

I want to see you succeed, as I have been in your shoes many times before. PM me. Also if you want a banner or sig hit me up. I'll hook you up!

Baroness, you aren't alone, as I have noticed being a newish Sith pc can be frustrating. Sometimes I have also felt like an afterthought, however, Venifica, Valtryx and more recently Tirdarius (to name a few) have made me feel at home among the bad guys. People DO notice you, but I have noticed you really have to post with a lot of different writers and find who you gel with.

Join me sometime, if you like, especially in a dominion or invasion. I would be glad for us to work together.

I love the Baroness and Avidon, I've just been so caught up in my own plans and storylines that I haven't been very fair to giving my attention to her or the faction she leads.

Hopefully I can give her more love after this event, you deserve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom