Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Snow day? On Coruscant?!

KGvs804.png

That got a grin from the firefighter. "I guess that settles it then. Thank you Master, I'll try and do my best with her. Remind me, where do we keep the training sabers again? I'll want to get her started in training."

And there it was, a master's order. Even if it was an informal one, Andy knew he wasn't gonna oppose an order. He liked orders, they kept things simple and straightforward. He had a padawan now, and that was his duty.

Tag: Catronia Byrne Catronia Byrne Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Before any more questions could be asked Catronia was whisked away to a proper training area. She was quite perplexed at the minimalist nature of it. All she saw was the essentials for what a Jedi's saber training would require. An area for saber wielding droids, some depowered orb-shaped droids she knew not the use of, and a large square mat she assumed Jedi stood on for duels. Being from such a primitive rock as Sarkhai, most of this got oohs and aahs from the young Sarkhai.

"I did not expect to be trusted with a lightsaber so quickly, even if it is just for training," She said with a smile. "I have never handled any sort of longblade before. Spears and bows were the closest I ever got." Once they found the training saber she took it in her hands. Catronia loved technology, as was obvious by this point, but it seldom loved her back. She excitedly fumbled with the beam saber in her hand, only to accidentally ignite it, upside down. The sudden iconic sound of a saber's ignition spooked her, almost causing her to drop it straight down. Something that wouldn't have been the best idea with a regular saber.

"M...my apologies Master Gray Sun." Her once pale and painted cheeks were now a deep shade of pink. This training session would be interesting.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"A training saber is no more than a stick, really. I wouldn't worry too much about it. We've a couple on the racks." Kahlil offered a brief smile before he turned to leave and let the two work on the training. Find their footing as master and padawan. There'd be some paperwork to handle later, but that was the thing. They could handle it later.

"Good luck, you two."

Catronia Byrne Catronia Byrne | Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun

KGvs804.png

"Thank you Master Noble." He said, nodding as the Shield left to leave.

Andy instead focused on his new padawan. The first thing she did was drop her saber, and he prayed that wasn't a sign of things to come. Andy, instead, pulled out his own, deciding to start simple. "Catronia, I'm gonna start with something easy. Attack me. Your saber isn't capable of doing anything other than shocking me, so you're safe to go as hard as you want, but I wanna teach you some simple techniques. Okay? Just swing your saber as you think will work, and try and hit me."

Tag: Catronia Byrne Catronia Byrne

Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun

"A-attack you? At your command Master Gray Sun..." There was much hesitation in the young woman's movements. While she was graceful on her feet, she didn't know the first thing about swordsmanship. So her only point of reference was watching her peers duel with stick, or seeing her father lop through brush with a machete. Using this reference she held the saber in one hand, and rear back her arm.

Anyone skilled with a saber would see plenty of flaws in this style. Her stance was far too wide for one thing, it would be trivial to dodge her swing and retort with a jab. Possibly the only thing redeemable about her form was how quickly she could move. When one swing would fail she would be able to quickly pivot in another direction. Most of this was thanks to her training as a huntress, but it came at a cost to her stamina. Each of Catronia's swings with her saber didn't take into account the saber's natural cutting power. In short she was treating it like a normal sword, one which needed to have considerable power behind it to do damage.

KGvs804.png

Andy simply blocked in a simple Form I stance, as he observed the newly named padawan go about her own stance. In his eyes, she was no worse than any youngling that had just gotten their first blade, and the swiftness of her attacks did lend to a certain agressiveness. Internally, he considered the different styles he had become acustomed to. Learned over years of reaching knighthood. Her stance was much more makashi than anything, and he could definitely teach her that. While not his own personal stance, he was familiar enough to know the style's trappings, and he knew plenty of folks who specialized in the style. For now though, he offered some advice. "Your lightsaber is gonna cut through most things pretty easy. Don't waste too much energy in your strikes, and you'll find yourself less exhausted by the end of a duel. That said, power strikes can be useful if you wanna break someone's guard. A saber isn't something you learn overnight. If you struggle, don't beat yourself up over it. Just keep at it. I think I'm gonna set us up with a visit to my boss, Jasper. He's the head of the relief section of the order, and probably a better teacher at the style I think you'd be best at than I will be. Sound good?"

Tag: Catronia Byrne Catronia Byrne

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom