Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Snow day? On Coruscant?!

Being part of the Service Corp rarely came with easy days. You were essentially on call round the clock to go anywhere and everywhere there were people in need. To that end Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun was prepared at all times for his call to action. Though, there were those rare ones, those calls that just didn't make any sense. One day, in the wee hours of the morning, there was one such call. It was not a fire, in fact it was the opposite, a rather large blizzard had formed in one of the middle residential districts. The going theory was a malfunction with the weather control units in that block.

Whatever the reasoning, it had caused mounds of snow to form in the direct flow of speeder traffic. That would be bad enough, but there was also a thick wall of ice that had formed directly in front of several speeders. That did not look like any snowstorm that would form naturally, malfunctioning weather control or otherwise.

The real cause, the one thing that was behind all this havoc? A young girl, one who had it just landed in the heart of the city. She'd seen speeders before, in small numbers and from a distance. This was a whole different experience from the small, quiet towns of Sarkhai. Catronia had found her sense overstimulated, and panic sunk in. Given her powers, that was a particularly dangerous situation to be in. Her mind was telling her she was in danger, and the force reacted to her fear.

Fear was a powerful emotion, especially when reaching out to the force. It could cause any number of strange and arcane abilities to manifest. In Catronia's case her heart wanted a wall, something to keep the loud and dangerous things away. So with a wave of her hand, a wall was made.

"Not here, not now," She thought, "Now these people will think I'm a monster too!"

She hunkered down there, surrounded by falling snow. With her hands on her head and tears welling up in her bright blue eyes, she wanted it all to fall away. Fear was consuming her mind, until the sound of sirens filled her ears.

KGvs804.png

Weather control malfunctions were a pretty common call, all things considered. Surfing on the back of a tube of water, Andy made his way over. He had a knack for this kinda thing, feeling the water under him like a board.

As he approached, he frowned slightly. This wasn't a malfunction. That was someone in danger. Landing close to one of the fire chiefs, he waved towards him.

"Oh, Gray Sun, thank god." The chief called out. "We got a girl in there going nuts. Somethin' to do with the Force. Can't make heads or tails of it. We got vibro-axes trying to break through the ice, but that stuff is thick as some of the foundations down in the lower levels."

"Lemme see what I can do Chief." Andy said, approaching the wall of ice. Igniting his saber, he slowly tried to melt the ice. "HEY! CAN YOU HEAR ME!" He called out, trying to get through the wall of ice.

Catronia Byrne Catronia Byrne

Gray Sun's voice cut through the discordant cacophony that was ringing in the Sarkhai's ears. It did quite a job in calming her nerves, and in weakening the barrier of ice between them. The biting winds became that much calmer as Catronia stood from her place in the ice. She placed her hands on the ice wall, trying in vain to make the frozen blockade retract.

" I can hear you! I don't know what happened! There were all these lights and noises," she said, her eyes shut tight "I should have listened to them..."

Tears streamed down the young girl's cheeks, she never wanted to cause any harm. Something did embolden her though, and that was Gray Sun. He was determined, strong, and tenacious all qualities that Catronia wished she had.

Soon enough the Jedi had melted through the frozen rampart that the girl had put up. At first she was terrified, seeing this strange man looking at her. She backed away, panic once again filling her, but then her eyes scanned down a bit. In his hands was a contraption she'd only ever heard of in legends, a lightsaber.

Lightsabers were the sacred articles of Force Users! It was as if fate itself was calling out to her, bringing her to meet this man. Maybe this was someone who could help her, teach her to control the power she had. It was almost too much to dream of.

"You are a Jedi, yes? You can use the force?! You have to know what is wrong with me, some way to stop this!"

Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun

KGvs804.png

"I am." He answered, before looking back to the fire chief. "Chief, I need you to shut off the sirens and as many of the cars around here as you can. She's scared and overwhelmed by all the noise."

"...alright. I'll do my best." The chief looked a little skeptical, but he knew not to question the word of a jedi, especially one he was old friends with.

Andy turned back to the wall of ice, and the girl now revealed behind it. "I need you to focus on me. Only me." He knelt down, offering a hand. "I know it's scary, but you're gonna be okay. I can take you back to the temple if you want. It's a lot less noisy there."

Tag: Catronia Byrne Catronia Byrne

Catronia gave a nod, completely stunned by what she was seeing. Andy seemed unaware of just how much of an impact he had made on his target. When she took his hand, it was like being graced by some hero of yore. She stared into the Firefighter's dark blue eyes, she could see such kindness reflected in them. Slowly she stood from the slush covered city street, finally able to think as the roar of things calmed down. One word stuck out to her...

"Temple...a Jedi temple?! You would take me to such hallowed ground?!"

The confusion in her voice was apparent. Catronia truly was a fish out of water when all was said and done, barely able to comprehend her situation. She still felt deeply ashamed for her outburst, but excitement was quickly replacing that shame. This was a life long dream come true! No doubt that such a place of knowledge would be able to help her. Could she even learn to harness her powers for good there?

"If you would have me Master Jedi, I would be honored to come to the Temple with you," She said, before looking back to the frozen scene around her. "I am... truly sorry for this. Am... Am I in trouble?"

KGvs804.png

Andy, naturally, didn't really understand the gravity of what he had just done. She was a Force User, therefore it was only natural she would be welcome by the jedi. "Don't worry about it. I'll get you a bed and some warm food if you want."

As he helped the girl out of her self-made tunnel, Andy looked to the fire chief, who once again smiled at the sight. "Good work Gray Sun."

"Can I borrow a speeder by chance? At least get me a taxi."

"Yeah, borrow mine. Just up the way. I'll take the truck home." The chief smiled, gesturing down towards one of the lower balconies.

"Alright." Andy turned to Catronia Byrne Catronia Byrne , offering an innocent smile. "After you, young padawan."

Being called a Padawan made the young girl's heart skip a beat. She only knew the word from what scant research she had done in her travels. It was to her, the name of a young Jedi warrior, she would need to do much to live up to that name. It certainly had a better ring than other names she'd been called. Name's like witch or abomination, the things her people called her in hushed tones and from distance.

"You honor me Master Jedi, surely you have more important things to do than pull around a squalling babe such as myself. But I will would be a fool to say no."

Catronia wasn't totally perplexed by the speeder, but she was wary of it. Speeders were for rich folks in her village. Only the people from big cities would even be able to get their hands on one. She took one last look at what she'd done. With luck, this would be her last outburst. All was in Master Gray Sun's hands now. He and the other Jedi would doubtlessly help her with her strange affliction. What she didn't know was that what had just happened would alter her life for the rest of her days.

KGvs804.png

He hadn't been called Master before. Normally he'd wave off such a name, but the girl seemed inspired by his actions. This was what he lived for. Seeing young faces marvel at the actions of a man who was just doing his job, at the end of the day. He couldn't help but smile as he climbed into the speeder, waiting patiently as the girl followed.

"Don't worry about it. I'll get you situated at the temple, then we can see about figuring out your abilities, yeah?"

As they got close to the temple, Andy couldn't help but ask. "So how'd you end up in that tunnel anyways? By the sound of it, you didn't mean to. What happened?"

For some time Catronia seemed to be more interested in the speeder's controls than in Andy's words. The Sarkhai's eyes grew wide at all the lights and control surfaces. It was all so stimulating! Eventually though they had to get to the meat of the issue, the incident she was in. Apparently it wasn't as obvious as she thought about what happened. That was a good thing, maybe then she wouldn't be blamed for causing so much havoc.

"I'm not sure myself, I'm never sure when it happens. I walked out into the road, trying to cross, and then a speeder almost crashed into me. Then there was all this ice and snow. It happened before when I was a youngling. A beast attacked me and it was frozen to death."

It gave her pause to think about what it was that caused this foul "magic". There was a much less mystical interpretation for it in the Jedi ways, it was the Force. There were certain implications to this, primarily that Catronia had a natural link to the Dark Side of the Force. Without specific training, this could lead to catastrophic consequences. One might wonder what would have happened had she not been found, or if she had been found by a non-Jedi.

KGvs804.png

"Hmmm..." Andy thought for a moment. Ice was not normally his territory, but he did know Master Kahlil had an affinity for it. "Would you mind meeting someone? I know one of the council members is good with this kinda stuff."

The reality was, Andy had never taken on a padawan. He never really had much reason to, as Master was not exactly a rank he was gunning for. He was content as a knight, and as a member of the service corp.

"If you believe they can help me then I would gladly meet with them. I did not expect it to be so easy to meet with Jedi. Are the council not too busy to meet with someone such as myself?"

Catronia cocked her head to the side quizzically, her deep blue eyes staring at Anthony as they neared the temple. She didn't think things would go this smoothly, and it showed. She was unprepared to meet with council, whoever they were. In her mind she saw them as nobles, and she was not ready to enter court! It seemed though, that there was little choice in the matter. It would be this or taking her chances roaming the city until her money ran out.

"I would not mind knowing who it is you wish me to see. Not to sound ungrateful, but if I am to address the council I would want to know of them. Lest I make a fool of myself in front of them."

She brushed her hair gently with her hands, a bit of preening would probably be for the the best. She must look her best for these Jedi! How lucky she felt, being able to see a Jedi temple first hand. It was stunning to look upon it from the air. It was a fascinating complex made from stone and metal, so different when compared to the other buildings of Coruscant. Even the greatest structures she'd seen on Sarkhai would seem quaint before this breathtaking monolith!

"You live in such a palace?! It truly is the beacon of light that they spoke of in the old stories!"

KGvs804.png

latest.png

It wasn't often that Andy had contact with the Council. He kept to himself, fulfilling missions upon their request without question, and doing his best unnoticed. Unlike some other jedi, he didn't care to ne highlighted, believing that being a hero meant doing the right thing, nothing more. "You'll be meeting Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble . He's a bit of an expert at the whole ice thing, much more than I am. Plus he's much more experienced with the dark side. Us Service Corp members don't exactly see sith all that often."

As they landed, Andy made a mental note to return the speeder tomorrow. For now, he needed to find Kahlil. It was starting to get late in the day, and he knew Kahlil would most likely be heading home back to the Noble household sooner rather than later. The story of the Nobles wasn't exactly a secret within the walls of the Temple, so Andy knew he was on a timeclock.

The man did start to wonder. "Are you from Coruscant or....somewhere else? You don't sound like a noble, miss...I didn't actually get your name, did I?"

Tag: Catronia Byrne Catronia Byrne Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Master Kahlil, a name I shall remember. You say he is a master of the dark side, is that where my powers come from? Are they truly that evil then?" Catronia was unsure about the mentioning of the dark side of the force, it made for a strange feeling in her gut. Once she stepped out of the speeder the anxiety was washed away by pure wonder, as she gazed at the spires of the Jedi temple. Seeing such a marvel of architecture made everything else seem so small, so far away. Did the Jedi truly live in such a castle? If so, why would one ever want to leave?

The young force sensitive began walking into the temple, she felt bad for being in such a place with her ragged old clothes. Surely those that live in a palatial estate wouldn't want some street urchin among their number. And yet, as she passed by the few people who were coming into and out of the temple, no one stared at her. She looked positively puzzled by how they seemed so accepting of her.

"I am not from this planet, I am from a small planet called Sarkhai. It is in the Mid-Rim, traders from Coruscant would come to our planet looking for plants and food. Our world is much more primitive than Coruscant, still mostly covered in thick forests." She stopped herself, realizing she spoke too much about her beloved home and not enough about herself. With a flustered blush she looked away, trying to find her words. "I am Catronia, I should have introduced myself earlier..."

One of her hands ran through a strand of her hair, brushing it away from her face. The Sarkhai girl would need to find her words more quickly in the future. She would be meeting with a member of the council now. While she couldn't quite grasp the gravity of the council's purpose, she knew they were important all the same. They were as lords of the Jedi, rulers who shaped the most revered groups in the galaxy! Meeting with them may as well have been meeting with the aristocracy of her world, an honor she had never been granted before.

"Are you sure Master Kahlil will meet with me looking as I do? I am hardly dressed to meet royals as of now."

Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I've long stopped being Royalty. Technically. Actually that's a matter of debate, I guess."

Kahlil smiled warmly as he stepped forward. Glanced briefly to Anthony with a dip of his head. It was the least he could do to meet the potential Jedi that would arrive at the temple. And, well, ice. Kahlil had always been fascinated by the more mystical applications of the Force. Even his own manipulation wasn't truly a direct manipulation. Not like he heard this newcomer could. "But, no. You're powers aren't evil, or from the Dark. Nor am I a master of the Dark Side."

Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun | Catronia Byrne Catronia Byrne

KGvs804.png

"Master Noble." Anthony nodded back. "I found Catronia here out on a speeder tunnel. Froze the whole thing solid around her. Fire chief was kinda stumped on how to deal with it, I might need to head back at some point and help thaw it out myself. But uh, I figured you'd be able to help this young one through some questions I'm sure she has." He offered a smile to the girl. "And if you want, I'll always be around."

Catronia practically melted at the smile Anthony flashed to her. Today was shaping up to be one she'd remember for sure. She met not one but two seemingly important Jedi! Master Kahlil even confirmed that her powers weren't necessarily from the Dark Side, which was beyond relieving to the young Sarkhai. She looked at Kahlil with amazement fairly well sparkling in her bright blue eyes. "So Master Kahlil, it would be you whom I would ask for training in the ways of the force. I have crossed far from my home hoping for someone to train me."

"I am quite sure though that you yourself are far too busy for the likes of me. Any aid you can offer is appreciated, and I will repay you with what little I have to offer."
Catronia was trying to sound as formal as possible when addressing Kahlil. She saw him as deserving of the royal treatment, even against his own wishes. In truth she didn't know what the sort of etiquette was when addressing the masters of the force.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Froze a whole speeder tunnel? Kahlil raised a brow right up before glancing back to Catronia. Chuckled. That wasn't something he'd expected to hear, but at least no one was hurt. The soft smile remained, though it was perhaps a little clear the royal treatment didn't sit too well with him. But not enough that he'd correct her. "I'm afraid I'm not truly capable of using the same skill you are, Catronia. I replicate a lot of other abilities, but they are not the real deal, nor are they as potent. I can help with lessons of course, but if your hope was I could be the one to train you how best to use your abilities, there's not too much I'll be able to do."

KGvs804.png

"I could train her, if you're open to that Master Noble. I know I'm only Service Corp, but I know my way around a lightsaber enough. Never had a padawan before."

Andy knew that the Service Corp, while not looked down upon, was always a bit of a second tier part of the NJO that didn't get a lot of respect for what they do. Never as flashy as fighting the sith or the mandos directly, and always behind the scenes doing unsung work. His mastery of water could help him, even if control of ice was still a bit beyond his ability. Perhaps the two could learn from each other in that way, he hoped.

Catronia listened to the two Jedi speak to one another. It would seem that her fate as a potential padawan was still very much up in the air. This disheartened the young girl, whose mind was already running wild with ideas. Would the Jedi turn her away? Did she get herself into trouble with the speeder tunnel incident? No, she had to remain calm, any more worrying and who knows what would happen! The girl took a short breath and tried to shake off the feelings she had.

"I thank you for your time Master Kahlil," Catronia said with a nod, "I was only hoping for you guidance in this matter. However, if you cannot aide me then I shall not waste any more of your time."

Small hairs on the back of the Sarkhai's neck began to stand up, and it felt like there was a large stone in her stomach. She really had come all this way to be told that even the Jedi couldn't help her. At least, that was the dark thought that ran rampant through her mind. Filled with regret as she was, her body began to feel cold, goosepimples raising all across her forearms as she stood in front of the two older men.

"I also thank you Master Anthony, especially for your bravery in saving me from that tunnel. Had you not done so who knows what may have become of me! It is still my hope to enroll in the Jedi Order if there is a position for me. Whether that is as your padawan or not."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil blinked slowly. He fully agreed with Anthony, had no problem with him taking the girl on as a student if that's what she wanted. But she seemed.. Sad? He watched her for a moment before letting the warm smile he had return. So that's what it was.

"I can't help you with the ability itself, Catronia, but I can certainly help you at least learn how not to freeze a whole tunnel, if that's what you're asking. I am always available to help. As are the rest of the council, and well, really anyone if you feel you need the help. That's what it means to be Jedi, after all."

He glanced to Anthony one last time as he offered a smile to him in turn. "Don't underestimate yourself. If the Service Corp weren't here, who would've found your Padawan Catronia?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom