Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Snide Socialite and Archaeologist Seeking Introduction Threads

Scoria Rayne

S
Hey, you. Psssst.

Yeah, you.

Word on the street is that you want some threadssssss.

Hello! I'm taking advantage of some time away from work to think about writing some things and I decided it's a good time to be a little bad. No I haven't watched too much His Dark Materials shut up.

I'm not creative enough to make a cool Sith off the trot, so I just made Scoria here. Scoria is:
  • an archaeologist,
  • a socialite,
  • kind of an awful person who treats lessers like dirt.

I'm looking to get some threads going to establish her a little and get a feel for writing her. See if I can make her stick and enjoy writing with her. I'm completely open to ideas, but here are some things that crossed my mind when making her:

- archaeological expeditions to the distant Outer Rim, with allies of convenience or bitter rivals.

- making shady deals with powerful people for different things, whether it's a particular artefact or social cover for your latest scheme.

- exploring whether or not Scoria would make it in politics, because nothing attracts a ruthless and driven woman more than the chance at grasping the levers of power.

- Maybe exploring Force sensitivity in the future? I don't want to rush in and immediately go 'raaaaah you're a good person Jedi now' or 'hissss you're a brooding Sith now' but it could be interesting to explore.

I know those are pretty basic but hey, I'd love to chat more. If you're the kind of person who thinks 'oh yeah I'll just make up a fake bibliography for my nasty academic lady character' then we'll get along famously! So if any of those ideas got you thinking, or you just want to write something, please reply/message/bother me on discord and I'll see what I can do. It's either this or eat more chocolate, to be honest.

First of all, reading your confession and seeing the playby has me all
88099ee9391d8ad4262c8feb56d47666e77320bc.gif

So of course, I kept reading. And am intrigued by a few of the possibilities I see here
c740070f3b4bca00e22eed30161d4942233209b5.gif

- archaeological expeditions to the distant Outer Rim, with allies of convenience or bitter rivals.

- making shady deals with powerful people for different things, whether it's a particular artefact or social cover for your latest scheme.

- exploring whether or not Scoria would make it in politics, because nothing attracts a ruthless and driven woman more than the chance at grasping the levers of power.

Well, all of these. The character I'm responding on has a political activism organization called ZINO, based on Belazura in the Colonies. It'd be a little different skill set than archaeology, but the world has gone from pristine vacation spot to ecological devastation. Her organization tries to rebuild ties with communities and resources, all while the current ruler continues to exploit it with his mining companies. There's enough shady deals or politicking to be had in order to gather support for Zenie, who lost her inheritance as the planet's ruler when her father was assassinated and his will stolen.

Long story short, it could be an interesting place for an intelligent, outgoing ladder-climber to find a foothold early on.

But
Mrs.-Coulter-His-Dark-Materials-2.gif

I should warn you, I'm not the fastest poster and most of my muse gets dedicated to my main, Daiya Daiya and Darkwire's story. So you may get better offers here, and you may find them more interesting to write with. If you like this one and want to try something out, my PMs and DMs (on Discord @jordanjay29#7443) are always open.

tl;dr: saw Ruth Wilson and had to reply, there's could be a story with Zenie if you're interested

Well, I can offer a few options. My gal Elemris here is always in need of new artifacts and relics in regards to the Force, so she would be willing to pay a pretty few credits to add to her collection. Secondly, she is a Force user of a more neutral variety, not committing to either the Jedi or Sith methodology, and could possibly be able to help and teach Scoria a few things about the Force, without too much brainwashing going on.

Scoria Rayne

Allergies:The Poor
Service Staff

She is allergic to poor people too? What are the odds?

Desric here is a Senator of the Galactic Alliance, a corporate executive (don't worry, there's no conflict of interest - he was elected by a company-run world!), and an aristocrat. He's more likely to be magnanimous than vicious to his lessers, albeit in a smugly posh manner.

He has a moderate, amateurish interest in archaeology, though he's unlikely to set foot in a dig site personally, as he is allergic to dust and finds dirt, bugs, and unwashed things intensely unpalatable. I could certainly see him proving willing to aid her politically in exchange for some unique object or another. Could be something Force-related (not that he'd know what to do with it), could be some old but valuable tech ('his people' can figure out how it works, I'm sure), could be something mundane but impressive - all the better to better impress visitors.

If you're interested, it's probably easiest to reach out on Discord. I'm Deadcurze#4224.

Scilla

S
Haven't written this character in a bit but she's an amateur adventurer with a sassy streak B)

Could make for an entertaining 'never meet your heroes' kind of story if you wanna do some exploring lol

Hey, you. Psssst.

Yeah, you.

Word on the street is that you want some threadssssss.

Hello! I'm taking advantage of some time away from work to think about writing some things and I decided it's a good time to be a little bad. No I haven't watched too much His Dark Materials shut up.

I'm not creative enough to make a cool Sith off the trot, so I just made Scoria here. Scoria is:

• an archaeologist,
  • a socialite,
  • kind of an awful person who treats lessers like dirt.

I'm looking to get some threads going to establish her a little and get a feel for writing her. See if I can make her stick and enjoy writing with her. I'm completely open to ideas, but here are some things that crossed my mind when making her:

- Maybe exploring Force sensitivity in the future? I don't want to rush in and immediately go 'raaaaah you're a good person Jedi now' or 'hissss you're a brooding Sith now' but it could be interesting to explore.

I know those are pretty basic but hey, I'd love to chat more. If you're the kind of person who thinks 'oh yeah I'll just make up a fake bibliography for my nasty academic lady character' then we'll get along famously! So if any of those ideas got you thinking, or you just want to write something, please reply/message/bother me on discord and I'll see what I can do. It's either this or eat more chocolate, to be honest.

Read over your bio and this, Malum might be in love, I mean he too is allergic to the poor.

Anyway, looking over this, I think there's a lot of potential, Malum has engaged in a lot of archaeological projects in the past, though in old Sith space to recover Sith artifacts, though he isn't trained, so having an actual archaeologist on hand would certainly be an advantage.

Regarding the shady people, Malum recently raided a planetary museum and made away with all its relics, artifacts, and art, could do some wheeling and dealing over that.

The political scene, cannot offer much apart from that Malum is interested in politics, though this will probably change as the political scene in the Sith Order opens up more.

And finally regarding exploring force sensitivity, I think it would be a very interesting option, Malum is just an apprentice after all, so while he has been training with the Force for years, he's no knight or even master, so if you did want to explore the force sensitivity aspect, you'd be exploring it with a fellow noobie, well maybe not noobie, but he'd be an intermediate at best.

Scoria Rayne

S
Wow, thanks for the interest! I didn't expect such a range of cool ideas!

First of all, reading your confession and seeing the playby has me all
88099ee9391d8ad4262c8feb56d47666e77320bc.gif

So of course, I kept reading. And am intrigued by a few of the possibilities I see here
c740070f3b4bca00e22eed30161d4942233209b5.gif

AhISeeYou'reAManofCultureAsWell.jpg

I think that's a fabulous idea, and I'm sure that Scoria here can charm her way into Zenitha's graces and help her achieve her goals. Just the tiny matter of the small print and various residuals, you understand, I'm sure. I think it's a super creative idea and I don't mind it taking some time. :)

I'm just getting this character set up, but she's got a station out in the Outer Rim if you need a pit stop. C'mon in for the worst cup of caf you'll ever taste and some greasy cantina food xD
I'm sure we can do something. I doubt that Scoria will approve of her establishment, however.

Haven't written this character in a bit but she's an amateur adventurer with a sassy streak B)

Could make for an entertaining 'never meet your heroes' kind of story if you wanna do some exploring lol
I'm always ready to disappoint and double-cross a fellow explorer!

Everyone else, I'm definitely interested and I'm going to be reaching out via Discord.

Nalah Tezan

N
I mean, Nalah is technically poor, but she's good at playing rich so she's hypo-affluenzic.

As for what she can practically offer the good doctor, there are a few directions we could take a thread. On the one hand Nalah would be more than happy to con Scoria with some fake artefacts, bunk works of art, or just a fake cover as a fellow interested upper-classer interested in dusty finery.

More interestingly, however, Nalah has no problem helping Scoria secure actual valuables, credits, and connections via her smuggling and coniving in the shadier parts of the galaxy. Either way, there are plenty of ways for these two to get involved, whether for better or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom