Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snakes.... Why did it have to be Snakes (Silver jedi Dominion of Drongar)

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Sorel swung the nose of her X-wing around until it was pointed directly towards the remaining pirates. To their credit, they scattered, making it harder for her to target them as a group. And at the same time up to forty missiles flashed instantaneously towards her. Now she would have to deal with the missiles and the fighters.

Sorel kicked her ship forward and began climbing as soon as she saw the oncoming missiles. Her sensor data was confused by the volume of potential targets and an average pilot might have found the data presented an overload, but Sorel was a Jedi and relied upon her senses as opposed to any instruments.

Sorel switched her weapons control to rear lasers. She fired through instinct, without waiting for any locks to appear on her display. One by one she was able to pick off the incoming missiles as the fighters held back, clearly worried they might stray inadvertently into the path of one of the missiles they had launched.

Her sensors now showed the enemy pilots had tucked into groups so close that she couldn't detect them as individual signals – a blip could be one ship or half a dozen. This was a smart move on their part and she begrudgingly gave them credit for the move.

Then the first enemies, two ships, neared attack range from above.

Objective: Age Old Struggle
Allies: [member="Aria Vale"] [member="Connor Harrison"]
Potential Allies: [member="D’in Ss’ikoo"] [member="Naadi Maaro"] [member="Lyth Meran"]

Nami was looking around the ship and preparing herself. Aria had gone quiet, Connor was away and now she needed to find something to do while she was searching around. She was looking at everythign there when she moved around and she was looking to make a change going to sasori so that she could get better equipment and she was going to need to have to talk with [member="Joza Perl"] to get her sister to be around and work with her. She wasn't exactly certain what they would be working on here... if anything she wanted to be able to work with the others in the order and meet with a great deal of the people. It would give the half zeltron a chance to impress a couple of the other jedi that have been making more waves and headway here. She was going around the ship and looking at all of the droid parts where they had been crushed when it came down.

Sorel Crieff

More missiles came and Sorel fired on them but mostly concentrated on evasive moves. She juked and jinked from side to side, set her X-wing into an axial rotation to constantly change the image she offered to the missiles targeting systems, and fired when the Force informed her a missile was in her sights.

But there were too many missiles and not enough time and she realised she needed a new plan. One formed in her mind. It was risky, but no more dangerous than staying here and hoping she could finish off the missiles before they reached her.

One sneaked through her defences as she formulated her plan – dropping her shields to 12%. She could not take another direct hit in a while.

“Kaytoo, switch as much power as we can muster to the shields. Forward shields.”

A bleep from the droid indicated he wanted confirmation of her order.

“That’s right, little friend. Forget lasers and targeting, I need as much protection as I can in front.”

A further series of bleeps followed.

“I know where the missiles are, but the shields aren’t to protect me from them.” By now she’d turned her ship and was heading straight for the enemy fighters. Initially they hold their position, but once they realised she was heading for them, they dispersed slightly and a few fled whilst the rest opened fire.

Her shields took a battering, but Kaytoo was good. He kept rerouting energy to shield replenishment. Even the temperature in the cockpit dropped as he reduced life-support to a bare minimum. And behind her, missiles began to explode. The stray shots that missed her – or that she avoided – slammed into the wall of missiles that were following her. Once or twice they were close enough to buffer her ship as they detonated but despite a little damage, she was able to avoid any major damage. If she could just keep this up for a short while, the enemy pilots would take care of the remainder of the missiles for her.

ETA: One hour.

Jost Garr stood aboard a small freighter on its way to Drongar. The Padawan has had to spend quite some time aboard ships as of late. Since his relocation from Voss to Rhen Var to serve with the Silver Watch, every mission he undertook required him to ferry back to Voss then onwards to his destination. Jost did not mind, however. He used the time to meditate. Ever since he had gotten his technique for it down, he couldn't seem to help himself. He would meditate for extended periods of time.

But now Jost was standing behind the pilots of the freighter, watching them command the ship through space. Saying nothing, he spun on his heel and made his way for the cargo bay. It was a small freighter, it took only a few moments for the Togruta to push the button, and open the door. He leaned inside, checking out what the ship was carrying. Inside the bay was a variety of items; medical supplies and foodstuffs for the most part. The monsoon had damaged quite a few different villages, and Jost's mission was to provide aid as much as he can. Content with his random tour of the bay, Jost made his way back for the cockpit. He resumed his former position, leaning against the pilots' chairs.

Drongar
Objective: The Riddle of Steel, procuring drugs
Allies: [member="Nicolas Thorne"]
Post #7

“You seem to know quite a lot about this planet.” Joza’s tone was pleasant, almost saccharine. There was a lingering veil of suspicion draped over the trio, that much was certain. Nicolas seemed to take on the role of quiet observer, focus trained on the potentially deadly encounter between the Zeltron and the mysterious man. Joza didn’t need to turn and try and read his body language with her eyes—she felt his awareness through the Force, ready to act if necessary. Instead, she kept her focus on the newcomer…that was, until she spotted a familiar leafy construct from the corner of her eye.

Taking a step forward, her nimble fingers pinched a small, cream colored flower by the stem from a vine snaking up a tree. “Do you know what this is?” She held the blossom out in front of herself, posing a question to either man. Before waiting for an answer, she continued. “This is a Jungae Flower. It’s very delicate, and it only grows where the heat and humidity are just right. If you remove it from its environment, it’ll wither in a day. But you know, the natives say that when consumed by a man, it prevents pregnancy. I have to wonder if it’s true.” Her eyes quickly caught the gaze of the mysterious man for just a moment, as if it say “Shall we test that theory?”. But she only slipped the bud into the pocket of her robes, planning to preserve it later back on her ship.

“Are you a local? Maybe you can help us locate the missing villagers. From what we’ve heard, it sounds like the disappearances are more coordinated than just someone strolling through the jungle and falling it a mud pit.” She wouldn’t go into detail, not wanting to reveal all that they knew and were suspecting—but it was, in some part, obvious. “I’m sure my friend and I would love to see these…exotic beauties as well.” She cast out a hand towards Nicolas, giving him a somewhat exaggerated wink.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Objective: Bota Botanists
Allies: Unknown

More time was passing as Matsu continued to work on the samples with the force. The lab here was amazing and one fo the droid during the time had brought her a drink with a straw so that she would be able to take a drink and stay well hydrated when she was focusing one the smallest parts of the plant to look and see the mutation so she could eliminate it. Wanting to push more thoughts out into the force she could feel the difference in the plant for now while here on the planet and once they had it they would need to get to work looing for ways to reverse on a larger scale then just the jedi masters time and energies. Sorel could come in handy and any number of jedi from Sasori.

Objective: The Riddle of Steel
Participants: [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Nicolas Thorne"]

He was looking at Joza with a raised eyebrow before she went about the rest. He moved and could offer some help in the area. "It would be my pleasure to help you search. Never know if there are dangers or if there are special mysteries in the jungle." He moved around prepared for a few more things but was more walking. Not answering her want to try it out question but he did leave it open. "Though a group walking through the jungle attracts attention, if you want to find people you need to move fast and swift without drawing attention to yourself. If your idea of this being more then random is true, they might not like a group coming through. Could spook them or it could make them hostile and they might attack.

15/25

Objective: Aid villagers.

"Bringing her to a landing, I'd advise ye' find a seat, Jedi." The pilot spoke, and Jost followed his advice. Luckily, the young Padawan wasn't cocky. He found a seat and strapped himself in, moments before the pilot brought the ship through the storm clouds, and down to the rainy surface. The ship jolted with the landing, and Jost unbuckled himself and exited the ship immediately after. They had landed in a small town which had not been affected too terribly by the monsoon. A man was making his way for Jost, trying to cover himself from the downpour. Jost stepped forward, giving a small bow in greeting, "Hello, I am Jost Garr. I am with the Silver Jedi, and I bring supplies to aid your town and villages affected." The man nodded, he had no smile or grin on his face, simply frustration with his predicament. "We can give you a small place to set up, and a small speeder to transport the supplies to villages. We won't need much supplies, ah, Jost." The man spoke loudly to be heard over the heavy rain. Jost smiled lightly and replied, "That'd be great. Would you help my pilots unload our cargo?" The man nodded once and turned, barking orders to other men of the town. They moved for the freighter and started moving the food and medicine out and into a small building nearby.

Jost made his way into the small building, slowly being filled with supplies. The man he had talked to before, presumably the leader of the town, walked to the table in the center of the room and laid a map atop it. Jost stepped close to it and was about to watch whatever the drenched man was about to show him. The man pointed to a spot on the map and spoke, "This is where our town is here," he moved his extended finger South, approximately fifty klicks and spoke again, "This is a small village, forced out of their homes and living in huts on a hill nearby. They need food and water, and I've heard they've some injured as well. My nephew runs the village, meet with him once to get there." The man gave no time for any potential questions Jost had, as he turned and left the building immediately. Jost followed him out, and noticed a speeder filled with supplies had appeared while he was inside. There was a young kid in the pilot seat, probably just fourteen or fifteen years of age. He seemed comfortable however, and Jost climbed in. "Are you ready to go help, Jedi?" The kid seemed eager, smiling as he spoke. "I'm ready whenever you are." Jost returned the smile and they took off for the village.

Allies: [member="Aria Vale"] [member="Connor Harrison"]
Potential Allies: [member="D’in Ss’ikoo"] [member="Naadi Maaro"] [member="Lyth Meran"]

Nami didn't know where Aria was but she was still moving around the ship and brought out the glow rod with a nod of her of her head. She could see some fo the droids and went over a box getting into a room as she was small enough to squeeze into the vents then out onto the other side. A benefit of being skinny and small she was guessing.. also the whole zeltron double jointed things before she got through and rolled down seeing a number of deactivated battle droids that they would be able to see. her glow rod activating with the pale orange light while she was walking around and spoke. "Aira I went through the vent if you come around." she was looking for a better door release but there was no power feeding into it so... need that for the lights and doors. She'd just keep exploring and see what they would be abel to find in this case so the others could move around easily enough.

Objective: Aid villagers.

The journey to the village did not take long. Well, not quite the village. They had been required to make quick, cluttered shacks atop a nearby hill, as it was too dangerous to stay in the village itself. The water was probably about chest height to Jost, which would make it quite unsafe for children and the vertically challenged. It was an unfortunate sight, but at least the padawan brought some good news with him.

The young pilot brought the speeder down, and Jost prepared himself to face the downpour before he stepped outside. The cold rain soaked into his clothing, making it quite uncomfortable. Just as before, a man approached Jost. "I'm Vineer," he spoke. "I'm the elder, I'spose." Jost bowed his head to Vineer then responded, "I am Jost Garr, with the Silver Jedi Order. I bring food and medicine." He gestured to the speeder with his hand. "Have you any injured? I'll see to them to the best of my ability." The native nodded his head aggressively and pointed to one of the makeshift shacks. "Aye, Benji's got a broken ankle, I think." Jost nodded and continued. "Very well. I will see to him, if you would have some of your other able-bodied men retrieve your supplies?" Vineer nodded and barked orders, just as his uncle had done.

Jost walked into the hut that Vineer directed him to. Inside, a man was laying on a damp cot. He didn't seem to be in any pain at all, but he appeared to be quite bored. "Why hello there," He spoke, and his gaze drifted down to the lightsaber which hung on Jost's hip. "A Jedi, huh? I must be in some good hands." Jost grinned at the comment, then introduced himself. "You're not mistaken. I am Jost Garr, of the Silver Jedi Order. I'm here to set your ankle there." Jost stepped forward and took a knee in front of the cot. With some supplies from the speeder, he wrapped and set Benji's broken ankle.

Sorel Crieff

When the stardust had settled, Sorel glanced at the board that offered a diagrammatic display of damage. Ironically…it was broken.

Ten enemies still remained, and her X-wing shuddered as she suffered a hit from the rear lasers of the fighter she was pursuing. She focused on evasive manoeuvring and continued stitching her target with linked laser blasts.

Fire and smoke erupted from its cockpit and it began a slow spiral away from the action. Nine enemies to go. No, eight. The remaining missiles had locked onto one of the enemy and it exploded spectacularly, turning into a ball of black and red and gold that would have been beautiful if it had not been fuelled by a human life.

Sorel looked around, through a canopy was cracked and starred, with char marks indicating laser hits. It was only a matter of time before it blew out under the pressure of its internal atmosphere.

An enemy ship, diving in from directly above tore her attention back to the job in hand. She looped to starboard, causing the incoming ship to alter his dive angle to follow. Sorel decelerated and peppered the enemy with lasers from below.

That left seven enemies – eight if you counted limited time before her canopy exploded.

Allies: Unknown

The works were continuing forward with all fo the testing. Allowing the jedi master to back up a little out of the works. She had gone back itno it and was focusing on recovering more of it. She had been spending the time that the jedi had to work it out and give herself time to relax when the biot droids were working and using the plant itself to be a lot more functional. THey were splicing it with the tree so that it would be able to grow it here. The trees were beautiful in many cases that she wanted to work with and the agricultural bio droids were giving themselves the work to cultivate more. "Master Ike we have been working and the bota should grow with it. We will require a controlled environment to test it here on the world but everything should work from the science end."

17/25

Sorel Crieff

The remaining enemy ships had gathered into formation, two triangles with their leader on point, and were on an approach vector. Sorel saw the formations drift apart, each approaching her from a different vector, with the leader remaining on a direct collision course.

Sorel slammed her control yoke forward, diving towards the atmosphere. Her only hope was to engage them with some cover and one of the cities below would offer that. She thought she detected a moment of hesitation in her enemies before they chose to follow her down.

It was a gambit she was hesitant to take. She would take any steps not to endanger civilians. But now, if she had any chance to end this, she had to make use of available cover.

Soon she could see traces of lights indicating the outlines of streets. And those streets were intertwined with wires and cables at all altitudes, impediments that, even if they didn’t tear a fighter’s wings off, would disable a ship in a moment of uncontrolled flying. It was not terrain for formation flying - and that was in her favour.

As she descended she thought quickly. Street intersections were good. They lacked the criss-cross of wires. So she made for the square light pattern of a cross-roads.

Allies: Silver jedi

Nami continued looking through the ship, there wasn't much more here as she got into another room and there were racks and racks of deactivated combat droids that she could see. The small wrist pad humming and activating a lightsource for her to look through it as the room was mostly sealed so nothing was submerged here but the depth had her just uder the water where the ship would be in danger. They were so close and so many more things that might be abel to happen until the jedi padawan reached out getting one of the consoles to see. "Hey never know." she kicked it to see if there was anything going to happen but nothing and then she was checking it to see if there was power and there was only a little bit for it. "Oh look there is a little power left." There wasn't much there but she could see the reserves and information aout the droids. Even some of the information on who they were targetting as she cleared it putting her name in so they would obey and follow her.

[member="Matsu Ike"] As she walked over toward her she had finished fixing a droid. "The spores clog up raidators in these things fast. " She noted as she wiped her hands off some. "I;ve cleaned two in the past three hours master Ike." She said resepctfully. She hadint known this particular Jedi master before so she tried to stick to buinsess unless the woman wanted to talk to the Corellian. As she looked over she noted another coming in for maintence. A quick look over told her all she needed to know. She took one of theo ther techs aside breifly. "have them try to reduce the level of airflow see if that keeps the filters going longer, if not we may have to add an extra layer on it to get past the spores. It's clogging it up too fast we'll be here for an entire ten extram onths trying to do this with these condtions. Also keep them off the muddier sections the weight on these is making them sink."

With that she looked back to Matsu seeing how she responded.

Objective: Monsoon in the Lagoon
Allies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

(5)

-------------------------------

He cast a quick look to his father, with a grin on his face. Not the best of circumstances for a father and son to spend time, but of late they are always in a pickle. It would be nice to spend time with his father without it all, maybe some woodwork again, oh how he enjoyed doing that with his father. Surely nothing could go wrong putting chisel to the grain. The water around them seemed to team with them, it was hard to see them in the darkness of the night save for when the lightning fizzed above their heads. Force help them if it was to strike the water in which they stood.

"Might be a good idea to get to more solid ground", if there was any to be found. The levee was not far head of them, that might prove more stable and just as Theo thought this, the bank gave way and issued in another problem. A wall of water.

"Oh sshhhi ..", no more was said as the wall crashed into him pushing him over and under, Theo found himself tumbling with the current disorientated and not knowing which way was up. His lungs started to burn, screaming for oxygen yet he dare not open his mouth. He began to thrash around trying to find anything that would give him a direction for air, the surface but found nothing but mud and bites of debris. Flashes of light began to appear in his eyes, and his head began to daze he was loosing his grip of reality. And he opened his mouth to breath, if only to relieve the burning sensation and his lungs began to fill with water.

Allies: [member="Catherine Soja"]

Matsu heard the woman and she looked over at many of the things she continued to work on the samples they had and the simulations of combining the genetics were looking better on the screen. It would still take a great deal more but if they were able to do it correctly they should easily be able to provide some new data for the others to see. A huff of air came out when she looked up speaking. "That is good to here, the testing and resequencing of the genetic samples we have are going well. We'll hopefully be able to reverse the mutation but the effectiveness of the original plant will likely suffer heavily in the end. Still we might be able to salvage some of the force enhancing or healing capabilities on a smaller scale." She had a small look on her face while going over some of the things that were there and the tree would serve them best to give a better way to grow the plant.

19/25

Sorel Crieff

Columns of light poured past her as she headed towards the ground. They were her pursuers’ lasers. She felt her stern shift from an oblique impact. She returned fire with her rear lasers, and was satisfied to see one ship take a direct hit. It didn't destroy the ship but it peeled away, out of the firefight.

Sorel changed her repulsorlifts to full power and pulled back on her yoke, looking to pull out of her steep dive. She angled to slide in under the unseen canopy of wires and cables, hoping she’d correctly calculated their height above ground, and a moment later found herself roaring down a mere three metres above street level. Ahead, a heavy transport clumsily turned out of her path.

Behind her, two pursuers copied her moves. The first one came in too high. Sorel saw it shudder, then saw its starboard wing disintegrate from an impact with one or more of the cables. The ship spun, its other wing crumpling under multiple successive impacts, then crashed down onto the street, skidding forward almost as fast as she was flying.

The other ship continued relentlessly onward – not showing any signs of being thrown off.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

She shrugged. "Hope it's soon the droids will need to be replaced in a week at this rate. Even with the rain the spore levels are hgih and it is causing heating issues once filters get clogged up.I donno hoenstly how much longer we can mainteince then fast enough." She noted as another droid was sent out. She looked to the filter. "Whats in these spores anyways?"

Allies: [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

Trudging through knee-high water was not an easy task, and with every minute it seemed the water level was steadily rising. This could turn very bad in a very short amount of time. He was immediately proven right when they were taken unawares by a large tidal wave of water, sweeping both father and son off their feet and taking them downstream at a brisk pace. With little else to do than go along with the current, Thurion would've actually enjoyed the ride if not for the fact that his son was nowhere to be seen.

Scanning first the surface, he then went underwater to look for Théo. Spotting him far below desperately reaching for the light, Thurion put his swimming skills to the test when he dived, his legs kicking rapidly to counter the strong current of the river now flowing through the settlement. Just this once did he feel grateful for growing up on Pelagon, of all places.

Reaching out towards his son, Thurion grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him up, wrapping an arm around him as they made for the surface. Not taking any chances, he summoned the Force to propel the two out of the water and onto one of the roofs. "Théo," he called out to him through laboured breaths, checking his pulse and vital signs. When Théo's eyes eventually opened he embraced his son, placing a kiss upon his forehead.

Allies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

(6)

-------------------------------

Everything around him started to close in. Darkness edged in from the sides of his vision, and be began to feel bliss. A calmness entered his body, and mind and he simply allowed himself to drift, he had sensed before, known it in the caves of Rhen Var when he sort the crystal for his saber. The feeling of tranquility that only this could bring. Death in his place was closing in fast.

Yet, in the dulling light of his eyes he could see a hand reaching for him, it seemed familiar somehow and his mind began to want for it, to reach for it but he couldn't. He wanted to sleep, to rest. But something or someone would not allow him this rest, rudely interrupting and he felt his body propelled at fast speed it was like flying. Or was this what happens when you die?

A sharp hit to his back snapped his mind to the hear and now, his vision flecked with spots and his lungs filled with pain. Someone's arms wrapped around him, holding him for dear life, a soft touch of lips to his forehead recalled to Theo the touch of his father. He shook his head trying to bring clarity back to his mind and clearness of vision but all he could do was fall into his father's embrace, moving to place his head over his strong shoulders, and .. vomit dank water down his back as it expelled from his lungs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom