Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snakes.... Why did it have to be Snakes (Silver jedi Dominion of Drongar)

Objective: The Age Old Struggle
Allies: [member="Nami perl"]
Still not sure: [member="Connor Harrison"]

Aria burst out laughing.

Oh dear, maybe she really was going insane. But it was all so absurd. The last time she'd seen Connor, however many weeks ago, he'd been dangerous. Properly so. Now...nothing. Water under the bridge. Sarcasm and jokes, as though the three of them were the best of friends. Yes, absurd seemed to fit the situation perfectly.

"Alright, Connor, we'll do that," she said after a moment's pause, the sarcasm dripping off her words. "You be careful. You can never know who to trust."

And that, as they say, was that.

"Right then." She turned now to Nami. "Let's see what we can find." Motioning forwards, she closed the distance between them and the outpost, trying her hardest to put the last few minutes out of her mind. Looking around, she observed the base in her usual sweeping glance - nothing that immediately stood out, though of course there would likely be something of interest beyond the ships. She would wait for Nami, and then start looking.

Objective: Monsoon in the Lagoon
Allies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

(4)

----------------------------------------------------------

By now the flood level had risen and as father and son wadded through the hard flowing water, it had reached thigh deep. It was lucky that he and his father are tall, to the average height, the water would be to their waists and very dangerous to be out in. As it was it was dangerous for them with all the debris floating around and pulled with the current. On command, the Rangers spread out and began their directive to deliver the necessary items to the people, and in some cases a sweep of the residencies did find people trapped unable to move, some where even located on the roofs of their homes, with what they could manage to carry including pets.

Using his force awareness, Theo searched the surroundings. Some of the buildings would stand firm against the torrent and gushing water with steadfast foundations designed for the climate but others less well constructed due to a lack of funds most like, would not. And it is those buildings that would prove problematic on this mission. But first things first, they had to find the cause for the levee breach.

"Over there!", Theo shouted to his father who only stood next to him, but the pounding rain drowned sound as well as everything else. In the distance the levee had been broken and spewed in the flood water to the village. They could start there, to find out if this breach for deliberate or nature just to strong. Theo began to wade toward it, his arms raised up to help push his legs through the ever rising water level, which started to lap around his hips. It was hard going, the ground unstable under foot and in some cases he would find himself in a deeper hole hidden to the eye.

"What was that?!", he sudden yelled the question, as something long and slimy brushed against his legs. It was a futile attempt to find it in the darkness and rain, but nonetheless his eyes scanned the water for any sign of the wet slimy thing. Snakes ...

Drongar
Mission: The Riddle of Steel
Allies: [member="Joza Perl"]

Joza Perl said:
“Ah, a Knight without a home then? I certainly hope that you can find your place within an Order that suits you. If that’s what you’d like for yourself.” She flicked her wrist in a circular motion, towards the canopy of jungle above them as if gesturing to something. “There are quite a few who bounce between the two major Jedi powers, and even more who follow other paths that have been known to come to the aide of whoever needs it.”
Nicolas smiled and bowed his head, though he knew she couldn't see him at the moment as the jungle path made them have to move in single file for the most part.

Joza Perl said:
“Me? It’s been a while. I’m hesitant to give you a number because then you might think that I’m old.” An amused smirk curled her lips as she side-stepped a puddle. “I started off in the New Jedi Order of the Alliance, but gradually I moved to put down roots in the Silvers. Much like how you split your time between the Silvers and the New Order, I’m pretty much in constant motion from the Tion Cluster to the Kathol Sector.”
"Age is but a number, in our line of work even a completely human Jedi can live over a century and still be spry." He replied with utter honesty. "I am glad that the path I am treading is not as unusual as I had assumed, nor as maligned as I may have feared." He took a breath and was about to continue, sometimes being a bit long winded, when they came upon something in the jungle.

Joza Perl said:
“Oh—what’s this?” Spotting what looked like wreckage a little ways away, Joza noted metallic glints of silver beneath an overgrowth of vines. Stepping carefully through the foliage, she brushed a hand along the surface of the object, dusting off a layer of pollen to reveal a slick metal surface. Its shape and size… “Is this…an old ship? It must have been here for ages. Do you think someone crashed here?”
Nicolas peered around Joza, then stepped up next to her to inspect the ship. His eyes followed the lines of the relatively unfamiliar ship. His historical knowledge didn't include much about the CIS. His eyes did come upon portions where the lines in the hull seemed broken in relatively random ways. He couldn't tell for certain, as vines and pollen obscured a lot of what he was looking at, but he was pretty sure it was battle damage.

"If I am not mistaken, this looks to have been damaged before crashing here." He pointed out, nodding up towards what he assumed was the aft of the ship where the irregular areas were covered in pollen and vegetation. "My history of this world isn't as complete as I would like, were there any major battles over Drongar?"

Objective: Age Old Struggle
Allies: [member="Aria Vale"] [member="Connor Harrison"]
Potential Allies: [member="D’in Ss’ikoo"] [member="Naadi Maaro"] [member="Lyth Meran"]

Seeing her laughing had the effect she wanted of it to calm the situation before she was walking and leading the way with Aria. They would be able to go handling most of the things now when she walked itno the jungle and spent her time. "ome on time to move out and if we do find a cannibal cult.... just saying. We feed them master Harrison and slip away to safety." Nami gave a small nod of her head while she prepared herself when the section of ship came into view and she could walk across the surface. The rain was still coming down but it looked solid, intact and most important it was liekly to be sealed hopefully for them to get dry. "If it is dry inside that would be a very nice day already."

Objectives: Repair a few droids to begin a redesign and adapting them for modern military use.
Neutral: Naadi Maaro
Post 5 of 25

Drawing back slightly the Verpine shook his head. He hadn't been that obvious here had he? Having not bothered to interact with the local villagers he'd landed fairly roughly on the marshy ground surrounding the crashed ship. It's presence had caused mud, dirt, and silt to build up around the ship causing it to be on a elevated platform keeping it as dry as could be expected. As he'd landed the wing of his shuttle had dipped and become stuck in the wet ground surrounding. Taking off would be an issue with the angle as well.

Still all this didn't matter at the moment. He now had a prisoner of some sort and an organization had sent her to investigate any activity he'd caused. His protocol droid was busy preparing the shuttle for take off so he had some escape route should these newcomers prove to be hostile.

Looking back at her he shook his head in annoyance. Mandibles clicking rapidly D'in started talking rapidly and the tapping on his plasma welder increased. The Verpine was agitated. "Who was it that sent you? I doubt I caused to much to attract attention. Only a few of the locals was aware of me working in the ship and my initial stop at the base." he stopped suddenly. "It wasn't the Mandos or Slayn and Korpil was it? If so tell them I'm not interested in helping them design transports, my talents are far better spent on droid design."

Objective: The Age Old Struggle
Allies: [member="Aria Vale"] | [member="Nami perl"]
Post #: 4 / 25

Standing under the arch and waiting for the two to join him, Connor felt his patience severely lacking for anything about this expedition – he didn’t even know why the Silvers had come to the CIS facility. He’d only come for one thing and one thing alone.

”Nami,” he said as they came closer and he heard her conversation, ”be careful what you wish for because you might just get it. Keep your focus on what’s important.”

Turning into the arch, he started walking through the gloom, the beams of light providing good cover from the suits worn by the women.

”Tell me Aria, what is it the Silvers want from this old facility? Battle droids? Trade routes? If you ask me this is nothing but a waste of your resource doing a blue milk run. Sounds like,” he activated a cargo lift on the side wall, ”they just want you out the way.”

He shot a glance to the young Perl sister.

”Baby-sitting too.”

The cargo lift came down, with just a barrier to protect those on it and there to carry heavy goods and droids up into the reaches of the facility and whatever may be found on the high levels. Connor stepped up, water dripping from his wet hair now and then.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Routine missions were invariably the best place for action. And when it came to basic humanitarian work, the logic was that the stakes would be low and the opposition non-existent. Except that even basic supplies had a price – and pirates often counted on low-key meaning low defences.

So Sorel was riding shotgun to a small fleet of various goods – medicines, horticultural equipment and the like. She kept her eyes peeled, there were always ships in and around hyperspace lanes but they were mostly friendly, even the fighters.
Then she saw them, her convoy dropping out of hyperspace.

Kaytoo bleeped a warning.

“I see them, I see them.” A second group was dropping out of hyperspace. Sorel stared at her sensor screen.

The first of the fighters shot past Sorel, firing; a laser hit rocking her ship. Sorel let that one go, but timed its passage, then sent her gun turret swinging in its wake even before the second fighter reached her. That TIE flashed through her crosshairs and she fired.

The TIE erupted in a ball of expanding gases and Sorel was on the move, tracking the first fighter that had passed her. In a matter of seconds it too was destroyed.

Two down. Twenty-two to go. Sorel liked those odds.

The Age Old Struggle

The Verpine was tapping his belt, clearly agitated. Not good. "Who was it that sent you? I doubt I caused to much to attract attention. Only a few of the locals was aware of me working in the ship and my initial stop at the base." he stopped suddenly. "It wasn't the Mandos or Slayn and Korpil was it? If so tell them I'm not interested in helping them design transports, my talents are far better spent on droid design."

Naadi tentatively glanced up at the verpine. He apparently obviously didn't recognise a Jedi when he saw one.... Introductions were in order, then. "I am Naadi Maaro, Jedi of the Silver Order." she quietly announced to him, still fully aware that she was in a Very Precarious Position; Still painfully aware of the heavy mechanical mitt of the B2 battle droid clamped onto her shoulder, and its cold knee servo against her spine.

She waited for the verpine's reaction....

5-25

Neutral: [member="D’in Ss’ikoo"]
Potential Allies: [member="Nami Perl"] [member="Lyth Meran"]
Enemies; The Battle droids

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Objective: Bota Botanists
Allies: Unknown

Matsu's eyes were observing many of the things on her screen as she headed into th lab. Samples had been brought back to her with a nod of her head. "Alright we have the samples and we have the simulations." She was loving it before she moved around with a nod of her head to present herself with the droids. "Yes master jedi, the probes have returned to the ship and we returned it here to work with you." She was looking at the samples so they could see it as the lab had come down to the ship and she wasn't going out onto the planet itself or into the spores but she was getting to work with them as the samples of bota were there. Set up and ready to check out as the tree they had growing was a small sample to genetically splce the sample with and it would take months likely of research still... unless they went to their facility at the Bubble fo the Lost. the dilation effect would benefit the research. Something to think about.

Objective: The Riddle of Steel
Participants: [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Nicolas Thorne"]

He had found them, staying there and masking himself for a small time when he looked forward with black eyes and the dreads of his hair. FOrce energies working to conceal him within the force but he waved off the others to go around and walk with the others searching. He moved smoothly almost snake like and in the cold smooth and armored for the jungle. The spores dind't like his species resistance to toxins and poisons which was a benefit and let him not wear one of the face masks many of the others did. His voice coming out with a smoothness that echoed through the jungle itself and he put the force into it. His skill less being big and scary and more this persuasion, control, making the others feel what he wanted them to feel or what would make them respond to him. His voice was coming out to caress and see the zeltron when he came into view wrapping them in a warm silk. Standing tall with his dreads going down his back and eyes watching the two of them. "Perhaps I can help with that? Most of the ships that are here are from old wars and people who came and made the mistake of inhaling the spores before trying to leave."

Drongar
Allies: [member="Nicolas Thorne"]
Post #5

“Maligned? Only if you’re sleeping with Sith Lords.” She laughed, once, careful to keep the bitterness from her voice. It was meant entirely in jest despite the fact that the mood didn’t need lightening, and she doubted that Nicolas knew of her past engagements. Her reputation as a Zeltron, possibly—but it was something she tended to try and supersede with her actions in the field. Unfortunately…

“I believe…” She paused, eyes rolling upwards in thought. “The Jasserak Engagement, it was? I don’t recall what it was over. This place isn’t exactly paradise or a military stronghold.”

A deep voice cut through the humid jungle air, rich and velvety in its intonation and eliciting a pheromone-like response to her system. However, it was still a bit too close to comfort for the woman. Whoever it was had evaded their senses, and that did not sit right with Joza. Turning on her heel, the Zeltron prepared to face whoever had happened upon them with a stern eye.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFx-5PGLgb4[/youtube]

Her face softened in surprise and her jaw went slack for a moment before the Zeltron composed herself. Their new companion was definitely attractive, but there was something else about him, something that appealed to her primal urges. “Oh,” She struggled to maintain composure without giving the man bedroom eyes, her voice coming out a bit sultrier than she would have liked. “Please, tell us more. We’re keenly interested in this...” Spreading her arms wide, she gestured to the jungle as whole “…area.”

Drongar
Allies: [member="Joza Perl"]

At the intake of breath before the Zeltron spun was the total difference in their reaction speeds, though their reactions themselves were starkly different. He heard the voice, and rather than be aroused, a jolt of fear cut through his mental defenses before he hardened them.

'That was far too close...' He thought to himself as his hand twitched towards his lightsaber. He took a deep breath as his eyes locked on the figure that had elicited such a strong reaction from his companion. He was suddenly extremely glad he was wearing a breather, or else he might be subsumed by the pheromones that Joza was likely putting off.

Nicolas let his hand drop to his side as he silently watched for the moment. Though his mind was very active, his stance remained relaxed, and he smiled.

Joza Perl said:
“Oh,” She struggled to maintain composure without giving the man bedroom eyes, her voice coming out a bit sultrier than she would have liked. “Please, tell us more. We’re keenly interested in this...” Spreading her arms wide, she gestured to the jungle as whole “…area.”
The sultry purr in the Zeltron's voice alone caused a slight issue for Nicolas, though a slight turn of the hips hid it fairly well as he took a slight step to the side to better observe both Joza and the newcomer.

Objective: Babysitting a Zeltron Spawnling
Allies: N/A
Enemies: Infants grabby mitts.

Still safely placed in the one dry location on this hemisphere, Ryn was trying desperately to get the infant to take a nap.

Fed? Check!

Clean diaper? Check!!

Burped? Double check! Seriously, kid has gas potential.

So, the young Master attempted to sing....

"Hush little spawnling, don't say a word.... Uncle Rynny's gonna buy you.... uh.... some singing bird.... and if that singing bird don't sing..... uh.... Uncle Rynny's gonna buy you.... uh.... a great big swing!!! And if that swing don't sway.... Uncle Rynny's gonna buy you.... I dunno, maybe a trebuchet??" the infant cooed and giggled at the difficult time Ryn was having concocting a nursery rhyme on the fly, and for the fact that the baby was making happy noises, and not eat piercing angry noises, Ryn was happy.

"No go huh? Yeah, I thought as much.... I'll think of something to help you to sleep." he said softly to the bundle in his arms. It made him think....

You know.... I think I'd like one someday....

They were working on more of it, pulling up the information as Matsu let the energies go through her senses so she could get the best idea of what had happened to the plant itself. She was looking towards the screens as the bank of them came up showing the display. She looked up parts of it that were larger until they stuck around here. She was looking with the droids for what they would have. "Continue the analysis and we will keep it going from here. i want simulations of the genetic splicing for what we will be able to do." She didn't know if it would work but if they could make the tree able to produce bota real bota and able to be grown on other worlds it will serve a purpose to give them a number of new strong and great medicines.

There was a grin on his face when the zeltron turned around for a moment but she seemed to look at him and pause... more even as he could smell the pheromones in the air and approached her holding his hands out while he flicked his eyes towards the other one. "Careful careful I am not armed master jedi's. Just walking around rhe jungle making sure no one is lost. There are some people missing from the local villages you know. Terrible thing." he said it and made his voice come out warm, let the comfort be in there. "And you want to be careful, the spores around here like dry places like the wreckage of the ships. You don't want to inhale them and have your skin fall off." He moved forward a little more though and stood to his full height while going. "Most of the wreckage in this area though is from smugglers who were trying to get ahold of some bota for a research company. They had no regard for the lives of the people and found they were being attacked."

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Her targeting system assaulted her senses, indicating an enemy laser lock, and so she cut hard to starboard. An orange laser blast illuminated space where she'd been just a moment before, and two fighters followed through on the line of trajectory, caught off guard. They began their turn, but Sorel continued her manoeuvre, feeling her chest compress as the X-wing's inertial compensator failed to keep up entirely with the g-forces she was generating.

Her targets swung into view from the right side of her viewport. They were also now curving to starboard, but she'd caught them off guard, and had the advantage of a few seconds. In a dog-fight, that was almost an eternity.

The one to her left appeared in her targeting brackets. She let it go – it was the easier target, and instead she headed for his wingman. The second fighter now crossed into her targeting bracket and jittered – the sign of a laser lock.

She fired. Her green lasers bit into the fighter's fuselage where it glowed brightest.

Suddenly its engines glowed even brighter, followed by a trail of smoke and sparks. The pilot banked to port and down, towards the planet's surface. As more and more sparks emerged, it looked like a comet heading for its final resting place. Which in a way it was.

The second fighter was still in play. It continued looping around to starboard, cutting its manoeuvre more tightly than Sorel could, and was now well out of her targeting brackets. But she was a Jedi and regularly relied on guidance from another source and so she fell deeply into the Force, her piloting now a form of Moving Meditation as she twisted and turned before a barrage of lasers struck the fighter as it strayed into her weaving path. The shots tore through its right solar wing array, turning the wing into a mess of shrapnel, then marching across to the fuselage. The fighter detonated, hurling speeder bike-sized pieces of itself in her path. Sheswerved around the closest of them and exited her meditative state.

Objective: The age old struggle
Nearby: [member="Nami perl"] | [member="Connor Harrison"]

"Oh, give it a rest." Connor wasn't done yet: fine then, neither was she. Aria turned to face him, the irritation plain in her expression. "If you want to believe that the Silver Jedi are secretly the bad guys and they're up to something or - whatever it is you think - fine then, I doubt I can do much to stop you. But for all of our sakes just keep your conspiracy theories to yourself. Got it?"

It was easier to be less afraid when it wasn't just the two of them; even better when she knew that if she raised her voice loud enough, she'd be heard without even having to move from where she stood. Not that she thought Connor would try to pull any stunts today, but he had to be there for something. What exactly it was...well, Aria would just have to be patient. Not her favourite thing in the world, but presumably it would happen sooner or later.

In the meantime, Aria hadn't come to Drongar to stand around while her ex-Master went on about the supposed sins of the Order, or even because they supposedly wanted her out of the way. If he was insisting upon being there and floating around making unhelpful comments, she'd have to tolerate it. Poking around, Aria pulled some overgrowth off a row of switches and flicked them in turn, testing to see which still worked and what they did. Things moved about, lights inside of shattered bulbs shone dimly - nothing was in excellent condition, but with some work could be restored. Somebody else's work, of course. Aria was hopeless with such things.

Objective: Age Old Struggle
Allies: [member="Aria Vale"] [member="Connor Harrison"]
Potential Allies: [member="D’in Ss’ikoo"] [member="Naadi Maaro"] [member="Lyth Meran"]

Nami heard Aria and thought to herself... You go girl and all that they needed was to be able to do the Z-SNap at the right moment with that head thing some of the other zeltrons could do... that would be awesome as Aria joined her and they were going through the ship. Finding the damaged parts of it with a small look on her face. Suddenly her whole idea of him being moody and pregnant came with more evidence before she was speaking. "This is kind of nice... nicer then well most of the places I have slept before... at least there isn't a bucket in the corner. Slave masters aren't exactly the best." She was walking through and brought out a light to look over more of the things and thought she could hear sounds in the distance of the ship with a look on her face of contemplation. In truth these robes were riding up and she didn't want to look unclassy in front of the jedi.

Drongar
Allies: [member="Nicolas Thorne"]
Post #6

Though she appeared enamored and quite hungry, the Zeltron was more in control of her natural lust than she was often given credit for. Truly romantic matters were a different story, the evidence of which was currently being cared for by @Ryn’Dhal. Regardless, her smitten front was crafted well after years of seduction and studying body language. If there was one angle the woman knew how to work, it was this exact one.

“One does not have to be armed to be dangerous.” Her gaze was lidded slightly as she allowed herself to drink in his handsome form—what? She had to make sure that he really wasn’t armed! Of course, the best way to do that would be by touch, and that wasn’t an option she’d be able to explore just yet. She sent a sideways glance to Nicolas, sensing his awareness behind a calm facade. Perhaps he felt it too—that inkling of darkness trickling from the alluring stranger, the pseudo attraction in his warm voice wrought by the Force—oh, he was just her type. A good match in terms of using one’s abilities to seduce and ensnare.

“Bota!” She exclaimed, memories of her textbook days coming back to her before she half-turned towards Nicolas. “That’s what the battle was over. Allegedly it enhances one’s connection to the Force.” Nodding in satisfaction, she turned back to the task at hand. “We’ve come prepared.” She tapped the rebreather on the lower half of her face for indication. “And the disappearances are exactly why we’re here. My friend and I have heard the concern of the local villages. Might you have any idea where they’ve gone?” A pause, and she tilted her head to the side, tongue tracing the outline of her lips beneath the fitted mask.

“But now I’m curious,” Oh, she was. “How is it that you’ve managed to come this far into the jungle without a filter of your own against the spores?”

Objective: Babysitting a Zeltron Spawnling
Allies: N/A
Enemies: Infants grabby mitts.

Ah, inspiration....

First, he began humming a melody, before proceeding to dance along with it, cradling the infant who feel into a rapt expression of wonder.

A soft smile, however, cut across the spawnlings face, as the actual singing began, complete with hummed musical bridges between verses of the song, the whole while the felinoid dancing with unparalleled grace for one so massive.

[video]https://youtu.be/6GMbHIQ-40w[/video]

As he tapered off, the infant was soundly slumbering, a peaceful smile on an adorably angelic visage. Ryn'Dhal couldn't help but marvel a little, as he sat down next to the little blanket pallet he was set up for the spawnling to sleep in.

"Yeah.... I really do think I want one...." he whispered, fondly tucking the infant in to rest for his nap.

Matsu was looking among the screens and data as it poured over for her to review. She knew and could feel Sorel was there on the planet as the simulation was showing what was being made with the genetically modified and designed tree so they could splice the bota into it. The tree itself was the easy part, isolating the bota samples were taking the time and the effort to become something very effect as she was working to go to the smallest scale within it and see where it changed and how to try and change it back. The jedi master was focusing on the art of the small to focus it all and allow the force to guide and start to try and reverse at least on a much smaller scale the mutations within the bota.

Hearing her as he moved forward just a little but with his hands up and to the sides when he spoke. "The bota could do a great deal more then just that. It changed with the species that it was used on." He was looking at her and stopped for a moment tapping his form fitted outfit, very thin plating and more like painted on metal before his voice came out. "Very nice and protective from here plus my people are very good at resisting toxins and spores in the air." He waited there for a few more moments before motioning around. "As to where the people go, there are many places here they could vanish to, including the bottom of the jungle in the mud after getting stuck in the roots. It is why people need to be careful out here. Never know what dangers you might find out here or there could be exotic beauties walking around getting all wet." He said the last with a grin.

Drongar
Allies: [member="Joza Perl"] [member="matsu ike"]

Nicolas watched the conversation between Master Perl and the stranger. For every two steps forward the man took, Nicolas slid a step to the side. If the man continued forward, he would find himself between the Jedi. Nicolas wasn't immune to the man's charms, he was very charismatic, even if Nic wasn't attracted to him. However, a few things about the encounter had his hackles raised, so he remained quiet and on guard. Foremost among the worries was how he was able to approach so closely to them without being sensed, the man was larger than life from the way he moved and spoke, so it seemed unlikely that he would skulk around the jungle haphazardly.

Nicolas took a moment to extend his senses out, trying to feel if anyone else were lurking nearby. Joza was engaging the man in conversation, so Nicolas felt perfectly fine being the paranoid partner. He remained silent and ready, looking between the man, the derelict, and the jungle. He realized he likely looked paranoid, but that was something he was ok with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom