Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snakes.... Why did it have to be Snakes (Silver jedi Dominion of Drongar)

Drongar
Objective: The Riddle of Steel
Allies: [member="Nicolas Thorne"]
Post #2

In the midst of her trek and on the outskirts of the village, Joza suddenly lifted her head and looked curiously into the distance. After a few moments, she chuckled and rolled her shoulders, setting back towards the little settlement cut into the jungle. Yes, she was sure that she could trust @Ryn’Dhal. Something told her that the gentle Felacatian Master would make an excellent babysitter. Perhaps she should have left poor Ryn with a rebreather as well.

Joza had been conversing with a local woman when Nicolas made his appearance. Turning to face the newcomer, green eyes appraised him boldly before she smiled behind the filtration mask fitted to the lower section of her face. “Good to meet you, Nicolas. I’m Joza Perl. Feel free to call me Joza.” Taking the man’s hand, she shook it firmly before motioning towards the elderly woman she’d been conversing with. “Let’s get you up to speed, Nicolas. This is Udra, and her grandson is missing.” She figured that the assisting Jed knew the basics of why they were here, but the Zeltron had uncovered a bit more information since she’d arrived.

“Y-yes. Yes. A few weeks ago, my grandson Hajj started acting strangely. He’d started going off into the jungle at odd times. I even caught him trying to leave in the dead of night! Do you know how dangerous the jungle is beyond this village after dark?” The old woman shifted, anxious about the friendly strangers but launched into her explanation nonetheless. Desperation was clear in her tone. “And then, I started noticing that things were missing. Little things like food and trinkets, even dishes. Dishes! What would that boy be doing out in the jungle with a set of dishes!” Shaking her head, Udra’s voice lowered. “Last week, he disappeared along with the necklace my mother had given me on my wedding day. I haven’t seen him for four days, d..do you think something could have happened to him?” Her voice lowered to a whisper as she reached to grasp at the necklace that wasn’t there anymore. Her face fell.

“Please, Silver Jedi.” She looked a bit awkward in addressing them as such, as if she were unsure if it happened to be the proper term. “Please, bring my Hajj back to me. He’s not the only one who had gone missing. My sister-in-law at Lomi Village said that a young woman wandered off into the jungle and no one has heard from her since.”

Turning towards Nicolas, Joza tilted her chin upwards slightly. “And there you have it. We should probably head into the jungle to investigate as soon as we can. Thoughts?”

Objective: The Age Old Struggle
Allies: [member="Aria Vale"] | [member="Nami perl"]
Post #: 2 / 25

As two figures came into view, Connor turned his head a little to see over. They were dressed for the occasion – a little dramatically, but still protected. He knew who they were, and it was ironic both were together. But she was there, most importantly.

Standing still, arms folded, he just watched as they came nearer. Having been away for a week or so from Voss without telling Aria, she had probably expected him to vanish. Not so simple. Things were simply in motion, and his time hadn’t come yet. So what better party to crash than one he hadn’t been invited to from his so-called allies?

”Welcome to Drongar, ladies.”

He pushed himself up and called to them.

”Don’t stay out there too long – it’s rather dangerous!”

He waved them over to the huge arch of the facility as a species called out above in the sky, flying low in the rainy tropic.

Objectives: Repair a few droids to begin a redesign and adapting them for modern military use.
Neutral: [member="Naadi Maaro"]
Post 3 of 25

That was when the lights came on. Dazzling lights meant to provide a clear view of everything in the hanger. While not aimed directly at the intruder D'in had little doubt they would have some effect even with the sunlight coming through the cracks in the ship's hull. Standing next to what remained of a rusted droid starfighter he brought out his datapad.

Stomping into the hanger a B2 battle droid pointed it blasters directly at the cat. It's metal body, small head set into it's chest, and twin blasters poking out of it's wrist made for an intimidating sight. It began making it's way towards the cat at a steady pace with it's capture orders preventing it from firing it's disabled weapons.

Suddenly a voice sounded out from across the hanger. It sounded scratchy and with a slight trill to it, a few clacks of mandibles striking each other sounded underneath some of the words as it exclaimed in clear surprise. "What are you doing here?!?! You are not one of the locals!"

Allies: [member="Nami perl"]
I'm still not calling you my ally because you tried to set me on fire that one time: [member="Connor Harrison"]
Music: #1 #2

It was him.

Not a hallucination, but really, truly Connor. Well, on the bright side, her sight and sanity remained intact. On the downside, what was he doing here? Aria had taken into account Drongar's poison spores, the monsoons, the electrical storms - she'd considered the possibility of the locals wanting to fight them, of Sith, of each and every potential catastrophe - everything except for Connor deciding to gatecrash. He'd said she wouldn't hear from him unless they had to fight each other, but that just made it worse. Aria had kept quiet on Connor's disappearance and the motives behind it; neither she nor the Order had done anything to oppose him, not as far as she was aware anyway. Why, then?

Aria had too many questions, or at least, more than she would solve through standing yards away without saying anything. But assuming she didn't, what could she do? Be angry, sad, hostile? Act as though nothing was happened, greet him and ask what he'd found on the base? It would be easier, yes, to just turn the other way, write him off as a figment of her imagination and wait a suitable period of time for him to leave the outpost before returning to carry out their investigations.

Easy wasn't really in Aria's nature.

"What are you doing here, Connor?"

Drongar
Mission: The Riddle of Steel
Allies: [member="Joza Perl"]

Nicolas listened attentively as the woman explained the plight of her son, Hajj. Inside, his heart went out to her, and he was sure that compassion was visible in his eyes and his stance. When she had finished speaking, he took her hands in his and looked her in the eye.

"We will do what we can to bring him home safe." He said nodding, before moving off with Joza.

Joza Perl said:
“And there you have it. We should probably head into the jungle to investigate as soon as we can. Thoughts?”

"That seems like a prudent action..." He replied, looking around the village for a moment. "We should do so swiftly and silently. Whoever Hajj was meeting may have other agents in the village." His eyes turned back to the Zeltron. "When you were speaking to Udra before, did she happen to say which direction Hajj typically went?"

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Objective: Bota Botanists
Allies: Unknown

Matsu stuck around seeing more information and the probe droids.... The locations that had been marked for them were being pulled up and the ones with Cathbodua and Teygata were proving effective. Now they just had to hope that their plan of how to use it would prove effective with the tree they had been working on being of use to grow the unmutated bota for the jedi. Not an easy endeavor but just enough work could go into it that they might be able to start growing it and corner the market for the silver jedi in terms of what they could do. How they could do it and when Matsu was looking at the tree she had a few other ideas as well to try and work with this tree. If all came in accordance, some fruits to go with it, some force aided waters like the wellspring or other places.

Participants: [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Nicolas Thorne"]

There were people, he could sense them now moving through the jungle to give him some ideas of how to mess with them. This world had dangers after all and with the constant rain you could slip and drown but there was all of the spores if you were not careful. The small paths that those under him used to navigate around in the jungle and sneak into the different villages were marked for them to see and understand in the rain as he followed one of them to go out and around the area. "Keep observing them and tell me if any seem of interest. Something exotic or even alone who is trying to come through the jungle itself." He spoke to them while they were heading out towards the jungle and he walked with one talking about a zeltron who was asking questions.

Lyth Meran

Bullet with Butterfly wings.
Location Drongar
Objective none at present.
Allies non at preasent
Equipment, Ship. Blood princess
Vehical Hovapnir & Truck
Gear Armor Wings Viewfinder

Lyth arrived on the planet trying to find the locations of the others.
"No Lyth let me do the fighting, you go help iki. only theirs no bloody signals. still. " she saw the smoke from. [member="D’in Ss’ikoo"] s crashed ship.
" well lets see if. anyone needs help.... aaand im talking to myself. i need to make a droid for myself." she said as she bagan to land next to the crashed ship.

Objective: Age Old Struggle
Allies: [member="Aria Vale"] [member="Connor Harrison"]
Potential Allies: [member="D’in Ss’ikoo"] [member="Naadi Maaro"] [member="Lyth Meran"]

She could see Connor and him being here was awesome... meant they had a big strong emotionally unstable guy here who could do all of the heavy lifting... Hmmm maybe they could find a gift shop and get him to carry all of the bags. She was thinking about it and tried to tap her chin in contemplation but tapped the breathing mask instead as Aria spoke. Nami looking over at him with her mass of rugged purple pink hair before she spoke. "Isn't it obvious, he totally came to try and see us all wet in the jungle with those jedi robes. They aren't that dark and kind of see through and there isn't a lot of standard underclothing for jedi." Nami said it with a nod of her head but was trying to lighten the mood for the three of them as she was feeling others and things in her gut. Like this were kicking up but she didn't want to have everything be so tense.

Age Old Struggle

Naadi slowly stood up when the lights came on, and whimpered while her ears lowered in dread as a B2 battle droid came after her. She was in no shape to fight, still feeling the effects of slamming onto the deck. A strange voice rang out "What are you doing here?!?! You are not one of the locals!" An insectoid, she would guess.... Vratix, possibly Verpine.

Naadi was brought to her knees when the B2 clapped a huge mechanical mitt down onto her shoulder. She groaned in pain. "Nnnng ..... Please be gentle, im already injured." she whimpered to the battledroid. It had no effect, as it forcibly stood her up and shoved her towards the direction of the insectoid voice.

Being brought in front of whoever was in charge, she was then forcibly made to agonizingly kneel by the B2. "I ..... presume that, you ..... are the bug, in charge ?" Naadi gaspingly said, clutching her side and catching her breath. She did not see any need to introduce herself, as her (training) lightsaber, brown cloak and woven collar, and her black fitted shirt bearing the embroidered gray-colored symbol of the Silver Jedi Order, was introduction enough.

3-25

Potential Allies: [member="D’in Ss’ikoo"] [member="Nami Perl"] [member="Lyth Meran"]
Enemies: The Battle droids

Drongar
Post #3

“Very true. We still can’t rule out the possibility of a plant or two in this village.” Hands clasped behind her back, she gazed at the little settlement of houses, some of which were raised in the air on what appeared to be wooden stilts—likely to combat flooding, seeing as how a small tributary cut down the center of the little town. Water was a source of life for many species, so it was entirely common to villages and the like to be situated around rivers. “You are right, we must be careful. Cultist leaders tend to be clever in how they gather strength and resources.”

At the question, Joza twisted her lips briefly in thought before gesturing towards a small waterfall. Hardly roaring, it was more reminiscent of a babbling brook. “Behind there is a path that many of the locals take to gather fruit. According to Udra, it would be very difficult to simply walk out into any part of the jungle anywhere else. It’s as good a place to start, if any.”

The path itself was a small trail of dirt barely wide enough for one person at a time, seemingly hacked from the jungle vegetation by hand. Joza grunted, bringing a hand up to her face as she’d nearly been smacked by a low hanging branch. City girls and dense flora didn’t often mix—nevermind that Felucia was where she’d had her hand cut off by a Sith. Felucia sucked. Jungles sucked. She was close to thinking that this place sucked, but her experiences had been pleasantly neutral thus far.

“So, Nicolas. How long have you been with the Silvers?” Ever the social butterfly, Joza saw it fit to try and get to know her fellow Silver at least a little bit. A warning creeped on the edge of her senses, warning her of a presence somewhere in the jungle. But right now, it was too vague to make any sense of.

Drongar
Mission: The Riddle of Steel
Allies: [member="Joza Perl"]

Nicolas followed Joza's gaze around the village. He noted the stilted design to the homes and shops, as well as the tributary. The path he had taken into the village had followed the tributary in from the southwest. That way lay the bigger towns and cities, and where many people would come in and go off of the planet. It wasn't likely a cult would exist closer to the cities, especially if it was an offworlder leading it. He looked towards the other end of the village, where the tributary exited. He listened to Joza as he watched several villagers re-enter there with baskets full of fruit.

Joza Perl said:
“Behind there is a path that many of the locals take to gather fruit. According to Udra, it would be very difficult to simply walk out into any part of the jungle anywhere else. It’s as good a place to start, if any.”
"I agree, it'd be unlikely anyone would try to leave through the dense foliage elsewhere along the village edge." He noted as he followed her to the path and then into the undergrowth of the jungle. He noted a sense of unease, one from the Master before him that started as they entered the dense foliage, the other from further out. He couldn't quite place the second feeling, but he kept a part of his mind on it.

Joza Perl said:
“So, Nicolas. How long have you been with the Silvers?”
"I've not truly joined the Silver Order. I am more of a Knight Errant. I began with the Republics Order, but now travel between the Silvers and the New Order in the Alliance." He commented, pushing aside limbs that were getting into his way as he paced behind her. "How long have you been with the Silvers?" He asked, returning the question. He was truly interested. He had spent much of his time moving on the fringes of the two Orders, and was only now trying to find a place within either.

Objective: Monsoon in the Lagoon
Allies: [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

There was little one could do to avoid getting completely drenched by the pouring rain. Almost immediately his blonde hair clinged to his head and back of his neck, even just from the short walk from their shuttle over to the closest shelter. "That's our destination," he had to call out through the loud rain and occasional claps of thunder, pointing towards what he had been told served as the town hall. "All the people have been evacuated and sent there; it's the least threatened by a flood due to sitting on top of a hill." Already the streets were ankle-deep in water, so time was not on their side - when was it ever? Although the planet is known for its bad weather, the people living there have avoided floods thanks to numerous precautions, redirecting water and the likes. Not this time, it seemed.

Running from shelter to shelter in a vain attempt to dodge the constant curtain of rain, they soon reached the hilltop and the town hall. Thurion pounded on the door with his fist, and while waiting for the people inside to let them in, he looked over at Théo. Both looked equally miserable, drenched to the bone, and Thurion couldn't help but grin at the absurdity of it all. The door swung open, and greeting father and son was a middle-aged man.

"Mayor Garaam?" The man's eyes darted between the two strangers. "Aye, that's me. Who are you two?" He appeared incredibly wary to let them inside, always making sure the door was just shut enough that they couldn't look inside. "I am Thurion Heavenshield of the Order of the Silver Jedi, and this," he placed a hand on Théo's shoulder, "is my son Théodred. We received your distress call. We've come to lend aid however possible." The elder's face turned from grim to hopeful, but soon faded somewhat. "There's just the two of you?"

Thurion looked over at Théo, then back at the mayor and nodded. "Do you think we could come inside? We're sort of drowning, here..."

Allies: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

(3) (forgive the formatting, using mobile version on site)

-----------------------------------

Théo ran his hand through his soaked hair pulling the strains away that matted his face. He offered a bow to Mayor Garaam as his father introduced the pair which seemed to made the man happy for the moment. "We have Antarian Rangers securing the village, but my father and I will be investigating the reports of sabotage .. can you tell us more?", maybe there are details left out of the report or more since receiving it.

As Théo walked into the hall many sets of eyes turned them both him and his father, eyes of families sitting all around the room, on makeshift beds and feeding their children, all eyes looked concerned and held fear not helped but the constant cracking of thunder and fizzing of lightning directly over the building.

It made the walls shake and windows rattle. "I suggest you move the people away from the windows Mayor Garaam and gather them more in the centre of the room". Most of the children dived under what shelter they could find, whether it be the arms of their parents or blankets it mattered little. There was no point in trying to make themselves dry, both he and father would have to return outside very shortly and back into the rain. By now the level of the flood had risen, the streets of the village nothing more then rivers and dangerous to navigate with floating flotsam and jetsam.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Objective: Bota Botanists
Allies: Unknown

There was more information coming to her, more probe droids that were working on things and as it came across the screen Matsu was setting up one of the runabout shuttles with the supplies that they would be needing. "I'll head down to one of the mobile labs and work with you on the planet to analyze the samples of the bota and we will see about splicing it together with the tree to try and get it to work. "If they could isolate the mutating from using one of the samples Taygeta had worked for them in storage that was preserved and untainted then they could work with what they had and change it as needed. Adjusting in the la as they were altering the plan with some benefit to everyone else.

Participants: [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Nicolas Thorne"]

Less reports about the movements of the others while he moved with a few of his own people. LLooking out of place with his size but he was letting them take the lead while they were moving around to see what they would be able to do and find. The old ships in the jungle were here so that they would be able to go around and see it. He wasn't expecting much danger with those, over time the jungle had managed to reclaim it and even most of the bases themselves. The people lived to try and work on it until he stood tal and ready. Staying there in the area for now as more of the rain was coming down. Whatever was happening there in the one town would prove a danger but they couldn't help the people now and he was rather fine with them letting drown.

Drongar
Post #4

Oddly enough, Joza smiled at his response. “Ah, a Knight without a home then? I certainly hope that you can find your place within an Order that suits you. If that’s what you’d like for yourself.” She flicked her wrist in a circular motion, towards the canopy of jungle above them as if gesturing to something. “There are quite a few who bounce between the two major Jedi powers, and even more who follow other paths that have been known to come to the aide of whoever needs it.” It certainly wasn’t a bad path to her. Hell, she’d recently returned from aiding the Alliance in the battles against the Sith on Atrisia.

“Me? It’s been a while. I’m hesitant to give you a number because then you might think that I’m old.” An amused smirk curled her lips as she side-stepped a puddle. “I started off in the New Jedi Order of the Alliance, but gradually I moved to put down roots in the Silvers. Much like how you split your time between the Silvers and the New Order, I’m pretty much in constant motion from the Tion Cluster to the Kathol Sector.” The Zeltron had divided her attention between the Silvers and thte Outback, both of which she supported.

“Oh—what’s this?” Spotting what looked like wreckage a little ways away, Joza noted metallic glints of silver beneath an overgrowth of vines. Stepping carefully through the foliage, she brushed a hand along the surface of the object, dusting off a layer of pollen to reveal a slick metal surface. Its shape and size… “Is this…an old ship? It must have been here for ages. Do you think someone crashed here?”

Objective: The Age Old Struggle
Allies: [member="Aria Vale"] | [member="Nami perl"]
Post #: 3 / 25

Eyes flicking between the masked pair, both their voices were distorted slightly but he knew who was who - Aria and young Nemi. At her question, Connor stayed where he was, arms folded.

”I should expect it being a surprise since nobody told me the Silver Jedi were coming to take Drongar.” He pushed off and stood by the wall. ”Really makes you feel part of something, right?”

He turned and looked up at the huge arch that dwarfed the three.

”So you're here for the old CIS facility. Who knows what you'll find inside. Nemi, be careful out there. Lots of dangers. Keep your eyes open and your senses alert, and trust your feelings.”

Connor turned to Aria.

”Trust them.”

With that, he waved them forward. He was going in to see what he could find, not for the Silvers, but for himself. And his prize. Nobody would even know he was here, nor probably care. The rain started to come down a little harder out in the tropics.

Objectives: Repair a few droids to begin a redesign and adapting them for modern military use.
Neutral: Naadi Maaro
Post 4 of 25

Looking down at her the Verpine's mandibles clacked and he eyed the lightsaber. His antennas twitched and the light reflected off D'in's black compound eyes. Tapping a plasma welder on his belt he leaned over her. "Right get talking, why are you here?"

The B2 kept it's metal hand clamped firmly on it's shoulder. The guns pointed at her head. It's sensors registered her every move and pressed a knee against her back prepared to put it's full weight forwards to crush her bones a and pin her down.

Objective: Age Old Struggle
Allies: [member="Aria Vale"] [member="Connor Harrison"]
Potential Allies: [member="D’in Ss’ikoo"] [member="Naadi Maaro"] [member="Lyth Meran"]

Nami was looking at Connor as he seemed upset and she didn't need her zeltron senses to figure that out... or he was crabby... oh my god it was like he was pregnant.... But he was a guy so sympathetic pregnancy with someone else... likely Joza. She hadn't known her sister long but she seemed to like her children making activities. She looked at him though and nodded her head a little to fast glad the face mask was fitted so it wouldn't slide on her face before she was looking at Aria and pointing towards the area beyond him they could go and look around. She was sensing as she used her senses other people were here. Some she had no idea and then there was Connor who just needed some more guy liner and he would be perfect. "Understood master, we'll be careful and await you if you want to come with us. Young pretty girls all alone in the hot wet jungle should have some protection in case there are cannibal tribes."

Age Old Struggle
Location; The crashed Lucrehulk
Tapping a plasma welder on his belt, perhaps to show her that he was likewise armed, the verpine ominously leaned over her. "Right get talking, why are you here?"

Being firmly held in place, the Trianii Jedi felt the mechanical knee whirr into position on her back, ready to crush her as easily as cooked BBQ in a Load Lifters press-grips. "I was sent here to investigate.... rumors of activity, within the downed CIS ships, .... and the base garrison." She whisper-mewled out, trying to keep the pain at bay.

She was hamming up her injury, but not by much. She suspected that she might have a hairline rib fracture or two, on each side, and also doubted the Verpine could take a 3-meter spine-flop and not have a bit of splatter going on. Naadi also suspected that if his droid minions manhandled her too roughly, she might likely be further injured.

Naadi sardonically mumbled under her breath "It's.... The Clone Wars.... All over, again." and grimaced in backbiting amusement, trying not to giggle at the sheer Divine Irony of it.

4-25

Neutral: [member="D’in Ss’ikoo"]
Potential Allies: [member="Nami Perl"] [member="Lyth Meran"]
Enemies; The Battle droids

Allies: [member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

The middle-aged man had agreed to let them inside, albeit begrudgingly so; strangers like them had been the cause of their recent troubles, after all. Time would tell whether these newcomers could reverse their misfortune. When Thurion entered the large room containing makeshift beds for entire families, it caused flashbacks to the poverty he'd seen and experienced back in the Pelagon slums as a child alongside his brother. The homeless there would often come together to find themselves carve out a place for themselves, away from public eyes. Thyrian took him to one of those shelters once, but the constant looks of misery on everyone's faces made for an incredibly depressive atmosphere, and many of them were drunks - hardly a place for two young boys. Instead his brother decided they'd be better off on their own.

When he finally snapped out of his state of remembrance, he turned to Garaam. "We'll have our people bring you whatever supplies you need, Mayor. Rations, clean drinking water, and proper bedding." Settling a hand upon Théo's shoulder, he turned him away from the bleak sight and led him back towards the door. "Come on," he said in soft tone. "Let's find the cause behind all of this."

Setting foot out in the rain again was not so bad the second time around, considering they were already soaked. The street they'd arrived on was no longer passable, and the shuttle had been forced to relocate elsewhere to not get swept away with the current. "Rangers," he hailed those spread out across the town over the comms. "Continue your sweep for any survivors. The people in the town hall are safe for now, but they'll need supplies soon or they won't make it. Have a shuttle bring food and water as well as a medical team to our current location. The Mayor will let them inside."

Thurion then looked to Théo, offering a smirk. "Hope you came prepared for a swim."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom