Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smuggling Question: What's Illegal in Your Space?

So, I've been bitten by the "I wanna be Han Solo" bug, but before I go off finding a Wookie sidekick, I wanted to know what's typically considered illegal in the various sections of space. Are there things that are considered illegal site-wide? And what about in each major faction's space?

Any thoughts? Hit me up! XD

@[member="Ayden Cater"]
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]
@[member="Gilamar Skirata"]
@[member="Rave Merrill"]

This character was a smuggler before he became a Sith dude. The most common thing you could smuggle, especially through Pub space, would be spice or weaponry. Those are definitely the biggest, and most profitable, items you could smuggle. Depending on where you go it could be different. Are you a heroes smuggler? Bring in common resources ( food, water, basic necessities ) to stricter planets. If you are a guy just making profit, definitely weapons, especially in Republic or OP space. A good smuggler makes the same runs, builds rapport with people on the planet, and has plenty of contacts to back them up.

Spice is the easiest but has a lower payoff. It can be disguised as multiple things and you can pose as a simple trader. Weapons becomes harder depending on the planet. For example, security is gonna be hella hard on Coruscant, but I'm sure with the high amount of people the profit would be huge.

May not answer your question completely but maybe it helps!

Yeah, for something like this you can - for the most part - assume the norm; weapons, drugs, people. Obviously Twi'lek slaves are fairly standard, but otherwise slaves are a huge no-no in Pub and OP space.

Slaves are a good one but finding people to buy from you is the hard part. I assume you would have to start as a lower level person to even be trusted with someone's slaves, no?

@[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Amarant deWinter said:
Slaves are a good one but finding people to buy from you is the hard part. I assume you would have to start as a lower level person to even be trusted with someone's slaves, no?

@[member="Sarge Potteiger"]
You'd need a real impressive rep to start working in Civilian Displacement. Drugs are the best way in, and generally those with skill and a desire to make money move up to weaponry.

People? That's for the ambitious. The ones who gamble it all. You get caught with people and you're done for life.

@[member="Isley Verd"]
Fringe's worlds mostly govern themselves; we're a confederation, after all. Some of our worlds haven't quite stamped out slavery -- Rattatak comes to mind -- but for the most part, Fringe is about two things: Freedom, and killing monsters. So if a Fringe ship stumbles across a shipload of slaves, that slaver boss generally starts looking mighty monsterlike.

In other words, running slaves through Fringe space can find you a high profit if you do it right, with higher risks than most places. Plenty of our people aren't particular about how quickly they kill said monsters.

Everything else is fair game, far as smuggling goes. We catch you supplying our enemies, bad things happen; we catch you running weapons of mass destruction, we take them and, you guessed it, bad things happen. Most spice is a whatever sort of thing, except on those Fringe worlds where it's more tightly controlled by local governments.

@[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Much like the Fringe, there aren't a lot of universal laws over the Protectorate. The only things that will absolutely get you in shit; slavery (Cira's big no-no), the unlicensed possession of military hardware, and forcing genetic modifications onto people. Other than that, it's mostly whatever laws are in that system. Some have a thing against spice, other's don't. Some worlds have a policy of no weapons (Elrood comes to mind), while others don't care.

- Slavery is legal unless its people from our own worlds.
- Running weapons is fine unless your actions will be supplying people actively against us.
- The Spice must flow

Of course being Black Sun. All these activities are controlled by the Syndicate. So you'll be paying a licensing and protection fee, and of course a cut of the profits to be operating in our space. Or if you're the risky type, forgo our involvement. I'll warn you though, get caught, we will kill you. No one slight of hands the Syndicate without reprisal.

So pretty much anything is legal to smuggle in Black Sun so long as we get our money, and you're not hurting us in any active or passive way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom