Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Slaver's Paradise

Slaver's Paradise
databank_kadavo_01_169_46495e1c.jpeg

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Mi'la had been in similar situations like this before, during her childhood when she was owned by a Hutt Cartel member. Which was probably why she felt so lousy. Looking at the rather revealing clothing she had been instructed to don, she looked to her fellow jedi, face burning a furious violet. "I-Is there no way I can just get a robe, or-or-or maybe, I don't know a towel or curtains or..." She trailed off, having to avert her eyes as one of their fellow slaves opened up a dressing stall, meaning she was next up to change. She seemingly had no real option left, and the coiled Lekku's around her neck showed just how stressed she was of the situation.

They had time of course, they weren't scheduled to be shipped out for several more hours, but still...why did she have to be so scantly clad? Looking to Val for support, she once more motioned to the exposed bikini set up she had been assigned. "They could have used more cloth for this, I'm going to be freezing, especially if it's indoors, ugh..." She was going to talk herself in circles before this was done.

Why was she always outed as a dancer? She couldn't even dance! Her padawans could even vouch for her there!

"It's going to be alright," Valery tried to assure her fellow Jedi while she looked around the room and tried to remember as many details about it as she could. They were scheduled to leave in a few hours and there was no way to know if they'd ever return here, but it couldn't hurt to remain aware throughout this mission. It was quite risky what they had planned, but so far everything had worked out, which meant they'd be ready to infiltrate this new slaver operation very soon.

There was a bit of a price though, and it mostly came in the form of discomfort.

Finally, her eyes shifted to the other woman, who seemed especially terrified at the idea of being dressed up like a slave. Valery seemed fairly calm about it and chuckled, "It won't be comfortable - nothing about this mission will be," she said with a hushed voice.

"But I promise that once we've infiltrated their main compound, I'll get us out and I'll find you some robes. Until then...try to look pretty and be calm," Valery said with a slight smirk, hoping to keep the mood up just a bit

Moments later, it was their turn, and much like Mi'la, Valery would end up in something that left little to the imagination, but it was a small price to pay if it allowed them to eventually bring those responsible down.

Slaver's Paradise

Mi'la pursed her lips at being told everything was going to be fine. She knew as much, but the idea of having to dress like this was....well no need to beat a dead Bantha. Valery was right however, nothing about this mission would be comfortable, but it would be for a good cause. That much she agreed on. "Right, right, just...it feels so wrong, dressing like this, ugh, this is embarrassing..." She glanced to Valery at her advice, and managed to make a gentle smile. "I'm not worried about not getting out, I'm worried about this getting leaked onto the holonet." She whispered back, knowing all to well that trying to contain a fully prepared jedi, let alone two, was outside of the means that most slavers had. Still, her fear was a tad irrational, but if Remy Singh Remy Singh or Rivenna Vehementi heard of this, they would never let her live it down.

She made a personal note to wipe as many computers as she could before they finished here. Now forced to wear her dreadful attire, Mi'la manned the now empty stall, and with much muttering and groaning, donned her attire, taking no joy at all in what passed for a dancers attire on this side of space. As she moved to meet with her fellow jedi, her gaze struggled to meet with Val, as the sense of shame that was eating at her was nearly overwhelming.

She couldn't wait for this to be done.

Valery chuckled softly, "I don't think it'll get leaked, and you wouldn't be the first Jedi to get captured. Once we're out of here and this slaver operation is brought down, that's all that people will remember," she said, knowing that Mi'la's fears were more personal, rather than completely rational. She wasn't going to ask about it, but for Twi'leks to have come out of slavery wasn't uncommon in the Galaxy, so this very well could be running far deeper than Valery knew. But even if it didn't, the idea of being captured like this was never comfortable — Valery struggled internally with it as well, but she was trained for these types of missions and could still focus through.

Hopefully her calmness could help Mi'la get through it easier as well.

Then, at the same time as Mi'la, Valery stepped into an empty stall and changed into her own new outfit, which was definitely meant to show off her more muscular frame. Or well, it was likely that all captives were forced into similar clothing, and after getting back out and spotting Mi'la, that was confirmed only more.

"Well, it could be worse?" Valery asked as she looked over at her fellow Jedi. "I wonder where exactly they're going to take us. Hopefully we can at least prevent getting separated too much."

Slaver's Paradise

Well, if nothing else Valery was right. There were plenty of jedi that had been captured in the past; not to mention the grand master at one point. With that in mind, she swallowed her pride, and changed, and upon revealing herself, arms crossed defensively over her chest, legs pulled tight together as if that was going to help her lack of attire, Mi'la struggled to meet with Val's seemingly amused expression. Mi'la couldn't help but feel that the woman's current attire seemed to suit her physique; frankly it made Mi'la a tad envious. All her rock climbing and working out and she wasn't nearly as toned. Cheeks puffed out, the color violet running rampant across her face. She was just glad Millia wasn't here to see her, she might have fainted if that were so. "I can only see it being worse if it rained-" She hadn't even finished the sentence before the light drizzle of rain began to come down on the two woman, Mi'la's head-tails dropping in disappointment at having been proven wrong. Least she didn't finish that sentence.

She sighed, moving beside Valery as they were expected to have finished changing by now. "One can hope, but this isn't exactly a place we can pick our own destiny, no?" She muttered back, cringing as the fabric around her still fleshy Lekku grew damp, the sensation being a bit of an annoyance.

Normally this would be when she'd ask if things could get worse. But she wasn't feeling that brave today to tempt fate. Maybe next time though.

After meeting up with Mi'la again, she could tell that the woman struggled to make eye contact. Her feelings flowed into the Force, but more noticeably, her face had turned an entirely different shade of purple. In any other situation, Valery would have felt an urge to make a light joke about it, but she figured her fellow Jedi was already uncomfortable enough and decided against it.

"I can only see it being worse if it rained-"

Valery was going to smirk but the second she felt raindrops, she grumbled, "Great, I just love my hair getting wet," she said before she finally did chuckle. With how long her hair was, it could be annoying but somewhere it was quite funny that all of these things were happening at the same time. Luckily, Valery was able to control her body temperature through the use of Tapas, so the lack of clothing out in the open air with rain wasn't really getting to her at all. She just hoped Mi'la was able to adapt to it as well, or this would probably get a lot worse.

"Yeah, you're right, but let's hope we can stick together. Makes things a lot easier," Valery replied while she looked around until her eyes settled on a group of approaching guards. Some were armed with powerful rifles, others held strange metal collars in their arms, likely used to control slaves. At the front was a Trandoshian, unarmed but his sheer size made him quite intimidating to most. Valery didn't seem particularly phased though.

"Alright you worthless broads, get on the ssssship," he hissed before a warning shot was fired over their heads. The other captives squealed and trembled, and quickly began to move, so Valery followed and turned her eyes to Mi'la, "Familiarize yourself with the guards, their behavior, and weapons. It can be use-" she was interrupted as the back of a scaly hand slammed against her cheek, sending her falling over onto the wet ground below.

"No talking, move," he Trandoshian hissed at Valery, whose cheek was reddened from the impact. In that brief moment, Mi'la could likely notice a fire igniting in the Jedi's eyes, but one she quickly suppressed again — this was not the time to fight back yet. "Right..." she muttered before she climbed up to her feet and moved into the cargo ship.

Slaver's Paradise

The Twi'lek made a small grunt in displeasure at the rain, looking to Val with her soaked hair, she merely shrugged. "It doesn't feel great on headtails, trust me." Now was a good time to only have feeling in one of her Lekku, but it was still an unpleasant experience regardless. Unlike Val however, Mi'la was not well adapt at keeping herself warm, rather, she huddled herself together, and attempted to remain calm against the chilling sensations that were assailing her body; a task that soon proved impossible. "This is why I was scared of getting a skirt..." She muttered, before trying to fall in line with Valery. "I agree though, we should do our best to stick together." She muttered, before coming upon a the Trandoshan slave driver.

Shivering and a bit cold now, Mi'la didn't react to the blaster shots, though she was puzzled by the fact Val seemed entirely fine with the downpour of rain. Still, keeping with Val, she listened to what the master said, nodding in agreement. "Right, right-" She was of course startled by Val being struck across the face, the Twi'lek moving to try and assist the jedi master, and catching a shock whip to the back as a result, dropping her to her knees as well, before another guard began screaming at the other in Huttese. The details of which were lost to Mi'la, but she caught something about 'not damaging' the product. Regardless, she recovered, back pulsing in pain, as she attempted to assist Valery, and continue their journey onto the slave vessel. "You okay?" She asked softly, senses reaching out to feel out the placement of the guards as they went.

If nothing else, this would be a heck of a team building exercise between the two; assuming they made it out of this alive.

"I'm fine," Valery assured her while she rubbed her cheek and let out a soft sigh. At least it wasn't a permanent injury, which she hoped wasn't the case for the shock-whip hit Mi'la took either. Typically they'd just burn the skin, and it would be fine after some time, but with enough force, lasting marks could be created as well. "We'll have to be a little more careful, or we might get in real trouble."

Back up to her feet now, she looked around the large open cargo space for a moment, trying her best to figure out where guards were positioned and where they could talk somewhat safely. But her attention was quickly drawn by the Trandoshian again, as he stepped into the center and made it clear he had something to share with the captives, "Line up and keep your mouths shut. You'll be getting one of these each..." he gestured at a shock collar held by one of his men, which helped them make sure slaves could be punished if they tried anything they disliked.

After Valery had gotten hers, she returned to Mi'la and positioned herself in such a way to break line of sight with as many guards as possible, "You doing okay? You seemed really cold and that hit you took probably didn't help." In all her focus on the mission, it was important to keep an eye on the one person she could trust out here.

"It should be warmer here, but remind me to teach you something to keep yourself warm when we have the chance."

Slaver's Paradise

Her back was stinging where she was struck but Mi'la couldn't tell if it was merely her nerves from the stun attack, or actual injury. She hoped it was the former. "Well, consider it a lesson learned." She muttered, resisting the urge to rub at the pained spot, as Val would see that the inflicted spot of Mi'la was a rather red lash across her back.

Seeing that Val was trying to find a bit of wiggle room with their positioning, that idea was quickly shut down by another Trandoshan ordering the pair into lines, as well as assigning shock collars, the Twi'lek seemed less than amused with her neck accessory. Glancing to Val, her cheeks were rather puffy looking, mostly from all the hot air that was building up as this mission was getting underway; which almost made it easier to forget just how cold she felt right now. Rubbing her arms and trying not to chatter her teeth, she raised her brow at Val, shrugging her shoulders like her being cold wasn't super obvious. "Never been one for the cold, Ryloth is a desert after all, so....yea, not a fan. If you had a trick though that'd be nice." She agreed, wondering if that was how Valery was able to stay as she was. "I don't know bad I got hit, but it still sorta stings." She muttered, trying not to dwell on the pain too much, but the fact it lingered so was rather annoying.

Well, least they were underway now.

"It's a Force ability called Tapas," Valery whispered while she really made sure nobody overheard this part of their conversation. She wasn't going to say much more on it, just in case anybody could pick up on it and expose them, but Mi'la now at least would know that it's something she could learn as well. Even for those decently comfortable in cold environments, it was useful knowledge because it worked in the extremes of planets like Hoth and Ilum as well.

Valery then stepped around the other Jedi, and glanced at her back to take note of the injury, "Well, it's going to heal, but I don't think you want to look in a mirror for a bit. Maybe they'll take care of it once we get to our destination though — they don't usually want slaves to look too beaten if, you know... they're supposed to be dancers," she smiled somewhat apologetically now, even though it was technically the truth in this case.

Just a very uncomfortable truth.

"So uh, while we wait to arrive, maybe you can tell me a little more about yourself? I've been active with the Jedi for a while, but I don't think we ever met before. Have you been away for some time? Or just busy with tasks away from the big galactic stages?"

Slaver's Paradise

Tapas? Hm. She hasn’t heard that name before, but it was something she’d need to go and discover later. Too bad she didn’t know it know though. Rubbing at her arms trying for warmth, Mi’la just dealt with the idea of having to put up with it. She remembered a trick with her aerokinesis that one could make a small barrier around the skin to create a small shield against environmental hazards, but she doubted that would really help; not to mention it was difficult and noticeable as well.

As Val examined her back, Mi’la’s head sagged forward as she was reminded that she was to be a dancer; a reality she was not looking forward to. “Don’t remind me.” She shot back, trying to keep her voice quiet, resisting the urge to run at her sore spot on her back.

What caught her though was when Val inquired about what she had done, and why they hadn’t met before; truthfully Mi’la didn’t have a good answer. She had no idea where to start. She glanced to Val, a mix of sadness and embarrassment coming over her features as she let her gaze wonder before finding the woman once again. “I was trained by Master Sakadi several years ago as her padawan. I….I got injured, lost my connection to the force, then-“ She winced, flashes of Csilla in her mind, but quickly faded as she pushed it aside. “I spent the last two years in exile, working on my connection with the force. That’s probably why you’ve never heard of me.” She’d been in engagements before, the battle of Vosh, the rescue of the grandmaster on Yavin, and even that failed Sith attempt at taking Onderon.

But again, she was a trivial little mark compared to the other Jedi she had stood up besides. In some ways she was perhaps a failed Jedi , yet here she was, so desperate to make a change. So desperate not to succumb to the wound within her. Banishing down the swelling of fear and a exits within her, she looked to Val, forcing a smile. “What about you? I mean, I’ve caught your name on my ear but…honestly I don’t know what all you do.” Which was the truth, she knew a bit about Val, but didn’t really ‘know’ her if that made any sense.

She really hoped it did.

"Don't remind me."

"Sorry," Valery said with a genuinely apologetic tone — she didn't want to worry her fellow Jedi, and definitely didn't want to upset her. The topic was a difficult one, and she shouldn't have been so direct. Luckily though, the conversation shifted quickly and into the story about Mi'la and where she had been. A long time ago, she would have been surprised to hear about the loss of Force-sensitivity and a path to regain it, but more recently she was able to help someone else out with it as well. With how chaotic and severe some Galactic events were, it only made sense the disturbances created by it could even sever people from the Force entirely.

It was a sad reality.

"It seems your time away, while likely difficult, has made you a lot stronger. It's good to see Jedi such as yourself returning to the Galactic scene — with everything going on at the moment, we really need the extra help," she whispered with a soft smile on her lips. She also should have expected to get the same question in return, but when Mi'la asked, Valery still appeared to think about it for a moment.

"It's... complicated," she began. "I'm originally from the days of the Old Republic, but ended up in a long stasis. I woke up a few years ago, right before the Maw attacked Coruscant, and I've been quite active ever since. Usually, I'm at the front, but the occasional assignment takes me quite far away from it."

"Like this one..."

Slaver's Paradise

She didn't mean to come off as defensive, but the memories of her childhood as a slave was not something she enjoyed dwelling on. "Just...baggage really. It's okay." She tried to soothe the situation over, but she knew that perhaps knowing about her past as a slave might have Val a bit more weary of this whole venture. Another topic for another time.

It was nice to actually get support for once from Val, as Mi'la managed a soft smile. That's all she ever wanted to do, was help people. Now how she could help people was always a question she never was good at answering. But she always tried. “It means a lot to hear that. Thank you.” She kept her voice low, not wanting to risk another lashing, though she nearly slipped up as Val explained where she had come from.

Old Republic? Hearing that Mi’la’s eyes went wide in wonder, a little twinkle might have even shined through. “I have so many questions, but that sounds really awesome. I’m glad you’re here honestly.” She hoped that sounded genuine, because truthfully she wasn’t really one of those do it yourself types.

It seemed that being supportive really made a difference, as Mi'la began to smile despite the tough and somewhat personal situation they were in. It brought a gentle smile to Valery's lips as well, but she still remained focused in case any of the guards were looking their way. What sparked even more of a reaction though, was the mention of her time in the days of the Old Republic. It usually raised eyebrows whenever she talked about it, but Mi'la just seemed... amazed.

"Once this is over, I'd be happy to answer any you have," Valery said with an encouraging smile before she spotted some movement in the corner of her eyes. The head of the guards, the large Trandoshian, entered the cargo space with a pair of heavily armed humans, both of which were at least 6ft5 tall.

"We'll be arriving shortly. You'll all be moved down the ramp first, and processed on the Landing Pad. Do not try anything funny, you'll regret it," he warned the group of slaves before he turned back to the cockpit. A moment later, the two Jedi could feel that the ship had dropped from hyperspace and was moving into the atmosphere of some kind of planet.

"I guess this is it, but I worry about the processing," Valery whispered while guards began to group up all the slaves in preparation for them to be sent down the ramp. "Once the doors open, take a good look around and try to remember as many details as possible. This will be the place we need to get away from eventually."

Slaver's Paradise

She was a bit overjoyed at effectively getting an exclusive bit of a q and a with Valery, but of course that required them both getting out of this situation alive. With their captors arriving to inform them of the situation, Mi'la felt the ship shift, indicating they were exiting hyperspace, and they'd soon be at their new assignment. Letting out a breath, Mi'la prepared herself for what was to come, looking over to Valery with bit of a 'here we go' expression.

Being lead out by guards, she was also concerned with how the processing was going to work; she very much doubted Val and herself would be kept together. Though given the way they were dressed, it was very possible. Taking Val's words to heart, Mi'la began to try and put the enviroment into detail, as they came out into abright blue sky. The scent of ocean water hit her nose, and the splashing of the waves seemed to indicate water. Though a with a quick glance, they seemed to be within a compound. A large fortified wall surrounded them, armored men manning what looked like sentry posts; four, one on each corner of the wall. Before them set a rather impressive pleasure palace. Given the security that seemed present though, one could only suspect this was the backdoor of the facility. Up ahead, a Zeltron and Rodian seemed to be arguing at a strip that seemed to have four lines.

There were basic markers at the start of each of the lines; markers that Mi'la recognized as Huttese for the digits of one to four. A chain face divided each, with a door laying at the end. As the slaves were lead up, the Trandoshan from before came to the front, with the same pair of human guards to each side, the mass of slaves coming to a halt just before him. "You will be givenssss a number, when you hearssss the number, walk to itssss." He declared, snapping his head back to the Zeltron and Rodian, who began moving down the row, issuing numbers, and pointing the slaves where they were to be separated. One slave, a large Wookiee snapped back at the Zeltron, and was met with a blaster shot from the Trandoshan, dropping the Wookiee before it could throttle the Zeltron. Which prompted an argument between the two over 'ruined product'.

If nothing else, this gave the pair time to try and work out a plan.

Much like Mi'la, Valery shifted her focus entirely to her surroundings when the ship's ramp lowered and they were ushered outside. The smell of the ocean didn't escape her, and that alone gave her ideas for their escape. But there was a lot that would go into it, and the positioning of guards and their routines was going to be vital to learn. The former was something they already got a glimpse of right now, but figuring out their patterns, shifts, and habits would take a lot more time.

After a minute or so, the Trandoshian returned again, this time to offer some new instructions that would result in the group of slaves splitting up into 4 groups. Valery immediately felt nervous about it, as this moment could either separate her from her fellow Jedi or keep them together so they could work their way into this operation and take it down.

It was crucial they weren't too far apart for this to work, and so Valery looked at Mi'la with a plan brewing in her mind, <T> "Mind trick the guard into giving you number 2." Valery told the woman telepathically so nobody could pick up on their little plan. It was a gamble because those with extremely resilient minds didn't necessarily get tricked by the Force, but it was possibly their only real chance at influencing the outcome of this.

Then Valery was up, and after taking a small breath, she subtly flicked her fingers and whispered a few words directly into his mind, after which she was given a number. Looking down at it... a sigh of relief. The mind trick had worked for her, which meant she moved up to door 2, where she waited for Mi'la to hopefully join her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom