Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skyrim - To Appreciate The View

Way back when I first played Oblivion I didn't know about the fast travel option until a good ways into playing. Suffice to say its very handy and saves you literally hours on that useless walking. Coming back again to Skyrim, on my 6th or 7th run now. I've decided to forgo the time saving and just go on that walk, or ride a horse, pay the wagon man his meager earnings so he can feed his children Sven and Rose and take his wife out for a meal. Well its already paying off. I've been taken by the beauteous scenery a few times already. And this is only the console version, my laptop can't handle power of that magnitude! And I had chills up my spine when I decided to wander along the high road off Riverwood to Helgen. Only a few days prior in which Alduin burned it to the ground. I found a burned corpse huddled in fear and I really did get chills. Any other run I may of just ran past. Or merely noted it and left to find the loot. But I did notice it this time because I guess I'm passively looking for it. The interesting little things. I know Skyrim is full of things to look at and do, if you only take the time to slow down.
If I can stick with it and keep the mindset that your on an adventure, not a task. I think I can refrain from temptation. Hopefully I won't bore to quickly. I had my first 'Mighty Talos this is taking forever moment' when I was leaving Helgen for Riverwood again. I stopped there for the night to reflect on why I'm doing this. To explore and appreciate this game, not simply play it. I don't care if I don't become an engine of destruction. Max stats pale in comparison when I can sit on a cliff edge and stare off over a lake during the sunset. I'm hoping to gain something within myself for doing this. Not taking things for granted as much, a keener eye for detail, or simply patients which I'm sure I'll get anyways.

Maybe I'll keep updating this about my little adventure. Aerrah the Orc with her shield and axe in hand will travel the lands doing what adventurers do. And whatever Orcs gota Orc means.

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
Dark elves are the coolest. Also I walk on and off depending on the view. I feel much more strongly about Skyrim then my other friends because of this.

Valx Raizod

PkMn Trainer Red
The problem is, when I start doing that, my exploration ADD kicks in and I'm like, "OHH A CAVE!!! LETS EXPLORE!!! *is in the middle of a quest*"

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
@[member="Valx Raizod"]
Thats the hole point. Bethesda decided to put more effort in caves and dungeons and less effort on what was above ground for one reason. To make you want to explore dungeons and caves.

I play the XBOX360 version not that it stops me from seeing the scenery. But one time I walked all the way from winter hold to markarth I got attacked by a lot of Bears and saber cats. I was a level 28 but then I restarted because I mistakenly killed someone who gave out a daderic mission. But I did the journey again and saw some pretty good sights... While running away from everything.

@[member="Cain Laatl"] well now that I restarted I can get the rest of them which is good... I just need to start playing it again because I stopped when I was a level 17. Then I can also do the dark brotherhood missions because the first time I killed them.

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
I stopped playing around level 90. Watch out when you have to much stuff in your inventory, it will take a very long time to open it.

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
Skyrim is my fav. I think morrowind sucks now that i've played it again. The first time I played it, I was very little, and everything was cool, and exciting. It was an amazing experience, but now that I played it again, it just feels like a waste of time.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Starting replaying it on PC with even more Mods. (Almost 30 by now. O.O'') ...And I just discovered Windhelm had Docks! And that there are doors down there I had never been in! Zoma'gerd!

Game never ceases to amaze me. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom