Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Skelticar

Status
Not open for further replies.
8b14f468c30d9461cdfb549b6e7839d3.jpg

Intent: Simply to usher in a new race (history of which requires this planet to be made)
Image Credit: Ilya Orlov (link to source)
Canon: no.

Planet Name: Skelticar
Demonym: Skeld/Skellege
Region: Outer Rim (in the Sluis Sector)
System Name: Skellege (Pronounced 'Skel-egg')
System Features: One dying star, about to become a white dwarf. Two moons, both orbiting Skelticar. Much debris (from random skirmishes throughout the ages). One dwarf planet, though, it's really more of an asteroid. :}
Major Imports: None
Major Exports: None
Unexploited Resources;
(this is a little shaky because the iron ore is used as food for the populous)
*Iron oxide
*Carbon
*Ultrabright composite (an important plot point)

Gravity: Half-standard
Climate: Arid, volcanic
Primary Terrain: Barren desert, large rock formations scattered across the horizons
Atmosphere: Type III
Capital City: N/A
Planetary Features: Large, gaping pits that lead into the Skeld hives. Many wreaked ships scatter the barren, volcanic wastes.
Major Locations: a large Termite nest-esque mountain sitting on magnetic north for this planet.
Force Nexus: None
Native Species: Skellegae.
Immigrated Species: None
Population: Heavy, verging on crowded. Estimated populous around 10.5 billion.
Demographics: 99.99999% Skeld, The 0.00001% represents the sparse other living beings. (equals to approx.: 1,050.)
Primary Languages: Skeld, a form of complex chitters and huffs.
Culture: The collective mind of the hive seems to worship the colossal corpse of an incredibly old Skellege Empress. (explained in the species post)
Affiliation: None
Wealth: in terms of money, we have no money. In terms of resources, High.
Stability: High, but only for Skellegae. Outsiders and exiles will be eaten if the chance presents itself.
Freedom & Oppression: Technically, neither.
Military: Constantly being decimated, almost routinely, every Earth standard year. Capability is all over the charts.
Technology: The debris from wreaked ships has provided many of the Skeld with knowledge and weapons for generations, however, it just can't compare to the overwhelming might of the outsiders who decimate their numbers every year like clockwork.

Historical Notes:

Log 1; "This is Captain Arbel of the Empire's Cruiser The Formatta. We have recently bumped into a, particularly interesting discovery out in the Sluis Sector. A barren planet that seems to have no signs of life. The surface scan we took detects large amounts of an unknown compound and some other lesser resources, both iron and carbon alike. We're currently waiting on orders whether to ignore this potential game changer or not. End of log."

Log 2; "Captain's log, second entry. We finally got word from the higher ups, a recon op was green-lighted. A team of seven individuals was selected for this assignment. Lucky bastards have been ichin' to do something for the past month. I just hope they don't get me killed or worse, fired. Our surface scanner picked up some new heat signatures over the last hour, seems this place isn't as uninhabited as we thought. The signatures vanished and reappeared over and over, looked like they were goin' underground. Great, another bug hunt. Log will resume after the Op is over, any info will be recorded then as well. End of log."

Log 3; "Captain's log, third entry, as Captain Arbel is currently in recovery, I was assigned record detail. My name is- Oi, James, get your $% down in the lab! We have a job to do!- Umm, I suppose I should just, go and get this over with. *recording pauses, then resumes in the Formatta's hanger bay
What is this stuff?
It's so bright, it's like looking at a star.
Huh, it's like some sortta' Ultrabright ore or something...
Scans aren't confirming anything, seems we have ourselves a new composite...
Traces of iron and carbon are found, but only on the surface of the object. So I suppose this is somethin' new.
A loud scream is heard from across the hanger
the recording flickers in and out as a large insectoid charges through the hanger tearing a clone in half
The recording cuts out just after the face of the large insectoid was in front of the recording device

End of log"

The events on record were reviewed, and following this tragedy, many civilizations were warned of a threat rising in the Outer Rim, the Emperor used the footage of this beast to put fear into the hearts of many, as means of further control. The sample of Ultabright composite was lost along with an Imperial Cruiser that held a crew of some ten thousand clones and seventeen humans. The Formatta was deemed lost as it was found to have crashed into the surface of the Planet. A transmission was uncovered from orbit of the planet just above the wreckage;

Transmission; "Hail High Skellege! This Skeld take hoom prisoner! Learn hoom words! Skeld word to hoom uppers! No come back!" The Skeld then bites into the imperial officer's head with a resounding crunch as the transmission closed.

The planet was deemed inhabited by hostile species, many who sought to speak with these 'Skeld' had found that they were extremely intelligent, as they could learn a foreign language with ease. Many of these people were also invited to a traditional Skellegae feast.
They were also very surprised when they found the main course was themselves.

The planet's inhabitants commonly referred their home as 'Skelticar' and spoke highly of a presumed god of theirs simply refered to as 'High Skellege.'
The Skeld were observed extensively to have assimilated the weapons and other technologies into their own forces, but no one became concerned with this species until the "Skeld Migration Incident."

The Skeld Migration Incident:
A twilek by the name of Ashino Yinn was the first to observe an object beginning to leave Skelticar's atmosphere. When she hailed the impromptu ship she was met with dread as she found that a Skeld was piloting the rust-bucket.
The twilek researcher contacted the nearest gun for hire to eradicate the oncoming swarm.
It was easy really, the Skeld Ships were poorly built and had no functioning weapons. But as the swarm started to pick up, the mercenary was forced to abandon his job, and a crisis insued.
The Empire was not concerned with keeping the Skeld at bay in the slightest, though they definitely used the Incident as a rallying cry to further control the masses. It was the republic who responded first, thinning out the massive swarm of rickety drones. Fearing what the Skeld could do if left unchecked. The remaining Skeld stragglers were hailed and to the republic's surprise, they were met with disoriented mad beasts instead of the famed intelligent Skeld they knew, it seemed that as the numbers of Skeld dwindled out of the hive's reach, the less sentient they became. The republic captured these beasts and sent them back into the planet from which they came, but these beasts were no longer Skeld, and so they were shunned and exiled from the hive. However, many were simply eaten.

And so, as the years went on, the Skeld were kept in isolation, growing in knowledge of how these alien technologies could be used to grow their territory. And with these knew ideas the Skeld became harder and Harder to contain, their ships became more and more advanced with each migration attempt, it would only be a matter of time until just enough stragglers were left to start colonizing every neighboring planet and terraforming them into the volcanic wastes that resembled their home world.

Last edited:
I feel as though I've posted this under the wrong forum...
Edit: looking into the situation, I think I did a right. I just need to wait for this to be accepted into the codex. Although, still foggy on how that happens...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom