Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Finished Concept: Ultra-Bright Crystals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius-Rainbow crystal

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Mustafar and Sullust. Skelticar does not produce/export any.
  • Affiliation: Residents of Skelticar, Mustafar, and Sullust. (the main three biggest contributors/ sources)
  • Market Status: Open Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Ultra-Bright
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Mineral (I know what I said)
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Color: Extremely bright white, and any impurities dampen certain spots (see in picture the black and yellow spots).
  • Resistances: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Ultra-Bright is an incredibly rare substance found only on planets with severe volcanic activity. (in large veins, the veins themselves are quite hard to find)
  • What's so special about it other than rarity? ENERGY! Just a chunk no bigger than a baseball could power a hyper-drive for two jumps!
  • Superconductive (lowers it's overall charge however, also can cause blackout if the energy isn't safely stored within the minute)
  • Relatively fragile, a good hit with a club will fracture it. (see weaknesses) However, it can be safely cut, with precision and patience.
STRENGTHS
  • EXTREMELY potent - may increase a blaster's 'oomph' ten-fold if installed as power source. Just one of the larger crystals (see scale in description) can power a large portion (100 kilometre diameter) of the city on/of Coruscant for half a millennia (500-700 years).
  • Adaptable - easily adaptable to quicker drainage; large range of tech can utilize it's properties. (can produce up to one-billion volts per second, note this does not reflect on the power any individual crystal has, just that it can drain itself quickly)
WEAKNESSES
  • Can lose it's charge very easily (can be drained quickly, i.e. EMP)
  • relatively fragile (as seen above)
  • VOLATILE, may cause a massive EMP if shattered. (see description for better detail; range of 200 meters in diameter)
DESCRIPTION
Originally discovered on the Planet of Skelticar, (see here) it wasn't held for too long before being lost to the ages, however, others have suspected that other planets with similar volcanic activity could have this oddity deep beneath their surfaces. 'lo an' behold, more Ultra-bright was discovered on Mustafar, (see here) which only further proved these claims.
Many people have experimented with this 'wonder-mineral' and have developed theories on how it came to be, however the most probable history is that this strange rock can and has absorbed the mass amounts of geothermal energy over eons, slowly becoming more and more potent.
Many have wondered if at the core of every planet, this 'Ultra-Bright ore' could be found in vast quantity, however, no one has found a means to prove this claim.
Very few people have dared to go near even the smallest chunk, for fear of it's volatile properties, but even fewer know that it will only cause a blackout of 200 meters in diameter (two football fields) if incorrectly cut. Still, most just avoid it.
Those who are much more ambitious, however, use these 'Ultra-bright' crystals unobserved by the public eye. For if any one of them knew, they would certainly loose power over the masses.
Whatever the case, 'Ultra-Bright' can prove that the risk is worth the reward.

Sizes are classified by diameter to height scale, from fractal to large;
Fractal: A stabilized 'chunk' of ultra-bright, anything below the small scale is considered to be a fractal. Mostly used in hand-held techs and some kinds of drills.
Small: 0.5-3 meter diameter; 2-5 meter height scale is considered to be small.
Medium: 3-5 meter diameter; 6-10 meter height scale is considered to be medium.
Large: 6-8 meter diameter; 10-14 meter height scale is considered to be large.

And With these final touch-ups, I leave this drop of creativity to the judges.

Last edited:
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius-Rainbow crystal

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: N/A, because no one's using it yet :/
  • Affiliation: Any
  • Market Status: Open Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Uhh.... this is the material...
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Mineral (I know what I said)
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Color: Extremely bright white, and any impurities dampen certain spots (see in picture the black and yellow spots).
  • Resistances: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Ultra-Bright is an incredibly rare substance found only on planets with severe volcanic activity. (in large veins, the veins themselves are quite hard to find)
  • What's so special about it other than rarity? ENERGY! Just a chunk no bigger than a baseball could power a hyper-drive for two jumps!
  • Superconductive (lowers it's overall charge however, also can cause blackout if the energy isn't safely stored within the minute)
  • Relatively fragile, a good hit with a club will fracture it. (see weaknesses) However, it can be safely cut, with precision and patience.
STRENGTHS
  • EXTREMELY potent
  • HIGH energy output
  • Makes blaster go brrRRRRR
WEAKNESSES
  • Can lose it's charge very easily (can be drained quickly, although this would take a VERY large battery)
  • relatively fragile (as seen above)
  • VOLATILE, may cause a massive EMP if shattered.
DESCRIPTION
Originally discovered on the Planet of Skelticar, (see here) it wasn't held for too long before being lost to the ages, however, others have suspected that other planets with similar volcanic activity could have this oddity deep beneath their surfaces. 'lo an' behold, more Ultra-bright was discovered on Mustafar, (see here) which only further proved these claims.
Many people have experimented with this 'wonder-mineral' and have developed theories on how it came to be, however the most probable history is that this strange rock can and has absorbed the mass amounts of geothermal energy over millenniums, slowly becoming more and more potent.
Many have wondered if at the core of every planet, this 'Ultra-Bright ore' could be found in vast quantity, however, no one has found a means to prove this claim.
Very few people have dared to go near even the smallest chunk, for fear of it's volatile properties, but even fewer know that it will only cause a planet-wide blackout if incorrectly cut. Still, most just avoid it.
Those who are much more ambitious, however, use these 'Ultra-bright' crystals unobserved by the public eye. For if any one of them knew, they would certainly loose power over the masses.
Whatever the case, 'Ultra-Bright' can prove that the risk is worth the reward.

And With these final touch-ups, I leave this drop of creativity to the judges.

Hello! First and foremost, I appreciate the level of detail you are going to so as to flesh out your custom planet and race! Kudos to your level of thoroughness.

That said, with respect to this submission; there are several issues that will need to be addressed. Here goes:

• Template Compliance: You are missing the 'Permissions' heading within the 'Out of Character Information' section of the template. Even if you have to put N/A, this should still be present within the template. Please revise and include it.
  • Production Information:
    • Manufacturer: You must list a manufacturer. For a mineral like this, link the planet it is derived from. You can copy ‘link one’ from your ‘primary sources’ section here.
    • Affiliation: ‘Any’ is not an acceptable entry for affiliation. Considering this is a material/resource, you could include something like ‘Residents of <Insert Planet Name Here>’ as an example. Or, you could list a company that mines the resource. It’s up to you, but you can’t just say ‘any’.
    • Material: You would simply repeat the name of the material here. Please adjust.
  • Strengths: This is your opportunity to really outline why this resource is so cool and interesting. In that vein (pun intended), please see below questions:
    • EXTREMELY potent - How is it extremely potent? What does it do that makes it different and stronger than other similar resources?
    • HIGH energy output - How high? Please quantify
    • Makes blaster go brrRRRRR - What does this mean? Please elaborate. Err on the side of providing more clarity.
  • Description: I have a problem with the following statement. ”Very few people have dared to go near even the smallest chunk, for fear of it's volatile properties, but even fewer know that it will only cause a planet-wide blackout if incorrectly cut. Still, most just avoid it.” This borders on the edge of ‘superweapon’ level ability, and could too easily be taken advantage of. Please revise the language to remove this. I would recommend ‘localizing’ the impact of improperly harvesting the material, such as it would cause a blackout of all tech ‘within x meter radius’ or something along those lines. Planet-wide is far too vast to be permissible.

Better?
Edit: almost forgot the manufacturer again!
We are almost there, but there are still a few items.
  • Permissions:
    • No need to be sorry about missing that. We all miss something :) Please remove the comment just for general cleanup purposes.
  • Strengths:
    • EXTREMELY potent: Being able to power a city-world like Coruscant with a single crystal of the size you described is a bit too far outside of the ‘reality’ as established within the Star Wars universe. Coruscant is currently powered with an entire layer of massive power generators. Please reduce the scale further.
    • HIGH energy output: Your explanation doesn’t quite make sense to me. I don’t understand how this is a strength if the only reason you’re listing it is to establish it drains itself quickly. I would think that would make it a weakness as opposed to a strength (and yes, I’m aware you already have something along these lines listed in the weaknesses). What are you trying to establish with this entry that makes it a strength?
    • Makes blaster go brrRRRRR: If you don’t intend on expounding on this to make it a qualified strength, please delete this line. Humor has its place in a submission, but not excessively. :)
  • Weaknesses:
    • Volatile: “May cause a massive EMP if shattered.” How massive of an emp? What is the range and severity of the EMP blast?

HIGH energy output: Your explanation doesn’t quite make sense to me. I don’t understand how this is a strength if the only reason you’re listing it is to establish it drains itself quickly. I would think that would make it a weakness as opposed to a strength (and yes, I’m aware you already have something along these lines listed in the weaknesses). What are you trying to establish with this entry that makes it a strength?
I uhh, supposed this can be changed to make a little more sense... I know I have a way of twisting words in my head to make sense only to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom