Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SJO Dominion of Nar Chunna

Objective: 1

"Iokath? Even if the Hotelier wasn't here, we could always buy some black market items from that place. So presumably the Hotelier is in search of some exotic droid or sculpture"

If, in fact, the gangsters were after a base template to produce counterfeits of, what's popular from Iokath would be a set of six statues called Gods of the Machine. Tyth, Aivela, Esne, Nahut, Scyva and Izax. Or maybe the painting called Valley of the Machine Gods, the most famous painting in Iokath history, depicting the final moments of Izax. Of course, she would not pretend to know exactly how big is the organic population of Iokath, but perhaps enough to think that Joliver would go there and be able to open a pastry shop that will be viable in the long term. Now that the gangster understood why Varindar would even want to go to Iokath, they go fetch some artifacts stolen on H'ratth as compensation for this misleading information.

"Here, as a finder's fee" the gangster handed Varindar an ancestral lightsaber that belonged to Oric Traless.

Objective: Find the artifacts
Allies: [member="Caedyn Arenais"]
Enemies: N/A

When Caedyn's ship landed, Kat was looking optimistic, she had met Caedyn awhile back at some beach party where he was flipping burgers. Kat thought it seemed nice so she was surprised when his attitude was particularly sour. It was odd, she raised an eyebrow to him, "hi to you too." There was a sarcastic tone to her voice as she said it. "Not going to cost a penny, I just need you to pretend that you are snooty rich kid looking for some expensive equipment, these Jawas aren't the smartest bunch but if they see a rich boy like you, then they might show off some more high value stuff, like Jedi Artifacts. And playing a snooty rich kid shouldn't be hard with your current attitude." Kat rolled her eyes, she had hoped for a fun time with Caedyn and to share some jokes but she wasn't sure with the way he introduced himself now.

However, Kat dropped her attitude, deciding keeping it would not do them any good. "So, are you in or not? They should be coming back soon, I will just call you a business associate, client of mine looking for some expensive items. Can you speak Jawa? Doesn't matter if you do, I should translate for you so you can maintain the snooty rich kid act, needs to be snooty so that whatever rubbish they show us at first you can turn your nose at and start walking away. After that, they will bring out the goods. At least that is how I have seen Jawas act in the past." Kat shrugged as she waited for Caedyn to respond to her plan.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Starship: The Repertoire.
Interacting With: [member="Kat Decoria"].
Apparel: Spacer Attire.
cae_breaker_by_kioxes-dc8yrxo.png
Caedyn glanced back at [member="Kat Decoria"] a little curiously, he'd been being smart and talking in jest, not at all frustrated with her like she seemed to have taken it; "Hey, I was just playing with you" Caedyn's words were spoken gently with a clear and genuine wish to make up for the misunderstanding. Lots of stuff lately had been going wrong in his life, but Kat wasn't the cause of any of those issues unlike the rest of House Arenais. "Only teasing, you're completely fine" he added, his hands raised showing his palms to her as if he were surrendering to some officer or agent of the law.

When she began to explain her idea, Caedyn chuckled quietly under his breath; "Former Prince of Commenor, I can do rich..." He replied with a wary smile, "Though don't get the wrong impression of me, I'm not that much of an ass" his smile grew into a playful grin. "But no, I don't know how to speak their language, sorry" He soon replied, meaning that he'd have to take Kat up on her offer to work as his translator.

Taking the opportunity to try and clean his face up a bit, Caedyn licked the palms of his hands before rubbing his cheeks, making sure there was no dirt from his working on the Repertoire. There was usually something aboard the ship that needed tweaking while Lexas held the controls steady. With one last sweep, Caedyn slicked his hair back a little, as much so as possible in any case with so little saliva to properly groom himself.

"Alright, I'm all set and ready when you are!".

Objective: Save the Artifacts

Kat sighed with relief, she was annoyed at herself that she didn't realise that Caedyn was joking, but she had been put on edge with others not getting her humour or attitude. Didn't help that last few years she had been colder because of her personal life. However, looking after Lily and being more with her family, Kat realised that she couldn't be cold anymore. Instead she was trying to be the person she use to be and she jumped up and shook herself. Loosening her mind and body for the mission as she nodded her head to Caedyn, "sorry for flipping, just recently had a hard time telling a joke from someone having a go." She shrugged then turned to the Jawas.

As they approached, they were instantly suspicious of Caedyn which was fair, a new person coming out of nowhere on his ship. Anyone would be cautious. Kat looked at him and nodded her head, looking over to the Jawas, she smiled slightly. "Hey, he's with me. Big, rich kid looking for some unique tech or materials." They approached Caedyn and poked him in different areas before standing in front of Kat, speaking to her. "They are saying that you don't look overly rich, but they should have realised that no prince of Commenor would wear his finest clothes to a trash heap like this." Kat did a brief translate for Caedyn while commentating to the Jawas why Caedyn was dressed well but not lavishly. "So, you got some maybe dodgy but interesting tech/materials." Kat crossed her arms waiting for their response.

Caedyn Arenais

C
The game was on!

Caedyn soon found himself being poked and prodded by the Jawa's around him, quickly smacking one of their hands lightly and saying with an air of superiority "Keep your grubby hands to yourself!", the typical attitude you might expect from any stuck-up financially embellished younger adult. It wasn't a comfortable feeling in the least, but Caedyn had to keep telling himself to play the part, just like any sort of acting gig back at School in his earlier years on Commenor.

He moved to distance himself from his new crowd of Jawa's, rejoining [member="Kat Decoria"] and speaking loud enough for those closest to hear, though not so to appear overly obvious; "When you told me to grab my father's Premium Card, I was expecting something a little cooler than all this..." He paused to glance to everything the Jawa's had on stock, out in the open; "..-Junk" he concluded, not looking very impressed at all.

"Didn't you say something about another place we were going to? Stopping here's a waste of time and Dad's gonna realize sooner or later that I've got all access to all his credits" Caedyn produced a card with the Galactic Banking symbol upon it, a real card though it wasn't his fathers, it was his own to add a sense of truth to his otherwise fake and pretentious dramatic flare.

Objective: tinker

Bushi Nadara had no idea what was happening outside of her own little bubble.

That was how it usually went.

The Too Bigs had their own goals. Needs. It meant the Nezumi went overlooked, often. That was just fine with her this time. Her Master was quite busy with...... something.... and Nadi hadn't been paying attention truth to be told. Too excited to be sent on a real mission! Okay. Maybe not sent sent, but neither did anyone tell her she couldn't leave the healer's encampment.

Which was their own silly fault really.

So.

That is how the Nezumi somehow managed to fall through some weak flooring. Collapsed rotten wood. And landed on top of even more rotting books, scrolls and some really fascinating ancient machinery.

They didn't seem to do be doing much though.

Besides whirrrrr like the purring of a cat. That should probably have disturbed Nadi more. As it stood? Nezumi sat on top of one of the machines. Letting the vibrations hum through her smol body. It was like a massage that reached into your very body. In the meantime? She was riffling through the papers. Some of them were more intact. The language was Huttese.

The pictures.... weird.

Nadi never realized slugs could bend in such odd angles.

Ember had traveled far from his usual 'home' of the Outer Rim to Nar Chunna in a quest for stolen Jedi artifacts. During his journey, he had heard the Silver Jedi were also on the same mission but Ember preferred to lose himself away from their attention. Thus, he'd found some clues leading him to a nearly ancient place which was supposed to hold a stash of stolen Jedi artifacts.

What he didn't expect to happen was the roof cracking and a mouse? falling down on it. Hooded with his cloak and frozen in one place, Ember observed the mouse enjoy the vibrations of a machine before shuffling some old paper photos of Hutts with dismay. The Jedi Knight tapped lightly the mouse's conscious and was hit back by the realization it was actually a sentient being and Force Sensitive.

"I've never seen your kind before." Ember softly commented and stepped out from the shadows and dropped back his hood. "If you are looking for Jedi artifacts - you're in luck. You just found them." his finger pointed at a slightly glowing stash next to the ancient machinery. Had the little mouse not caused all the ruckus from falling, Ember would've not even bothered checking this room.

[member="Bushi Nadora"]

[member="Ember Farseer"]

The Nezumi seemed increasingly disturbed as she looked through the pictures.

Luckily Ember's arrival offered reprieve.

"I am a Nezumi!" Nadi offered, putting the pictures to the side. Carefully. Even if they were.... very.... eck, it didn't mean they didn't deserve some modicum of respect. It was knowledge. Very concerning knowledge. But who was Bushi Nadora to judge how two adult, consenting Hutts spend their time, no? She did shift a little.

Making sure those pictures were not in her vision.

Eck.

"Bushi Nadora, Master Jedi. What is your name?" Asking curiously, before bowing slightly. Nadi was only a small presence in the Force. A flicker of a candle. Ember might not have been an actual Jedi Master, but compared to her? She would not see the difference. "Oh!" Nadi peered over the edge of the pleasantly humming machinery.

There it was.

A small cache of holocrons.

That made Nadi furrow her brows. "I always imagined it to be a bit more difficult to find ancient Jedi relics, truth to be told." She shared absently. A little bit amazed at how pretty they were. All glass and tinkling and nice. She dropped down next to them. Stepping a bit closer. It was her proximity that made them light up a little bit.

"Oooooooh."

Clapping her paws in delight.

"Ember Farseer." He introduced himself with a respectful nod and gave the Nezumi a soft smile. Bushi gave him the vibe of a Jedi Padawan still far from the reality of all the carnage the galaxy had to offer. She seemed to emit a sense of innocence and calm.

Perhaps that was what this galaxy needed.

She just needed the knowledge.

"Take the holocrons with you, Jedi Nadora." Ember said before turning around to leave putting his hood back on. "You will need them."

And the galaxy will need you.

The thought lingered through the Force and with that Ember Farseer disappeared.

[member="Bushi Nadora"]

Objective: Save the Artifacts

It was hard to keep the smirk from Kat's face as she watched Caedyn fall effortlessly into the role of snobby teen. He batted the Jawa's hands away and demanded that something of interest be shown otherwise he was leaving. It was surprising to Kat who easy Caedyn could fall into the act since he was genuinely a nice and caring guy from what she had seen. Especially since Asaraa was dating him, he had to be a good guy. Perhaps there had been a time when he was a rich brat, long ago, or was just surrounded by them that it was easy to imitate them. Kat crossed her arms and shrugged at the Jawas who were gawking and muttering to themselves then to Kat.

"What do you mean you have something special but you need money upfront?!" Kat flared her nostrils to show her anger. She knew they were close to find some holocrons but she wasn't sure. "Well, that is bad business so I think we will go elsewhere. Sure there is a better black market dealer around, sorry for wasting your time with these Jawas..." Kat trailed as she spoke to Caedyn and turned to leave. The Jawas panicked and spoke loudly and hurriedly. "Oh? Got some illegal stuff to show us. Bring it out and we can talk price." The Jawas shook their head and spoke to Kat.

"Hm. Seems they are suspicious, we have to follow them. Be careful." She warned Caedyn as she followed the Jawas.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Was it always this easy to pull the hood over the Jawa's eyes?

Caedyn turned back as [member="Kat Decoria"] mentioned illicit goods in response to the little people's sudden panic at the prospect of a lost buyer, the young man looking to her a little skeptically as they might as well have been yelling in galactic basic that this was some sort of shady underground deal. "Ugh" he mock-groaned, as though he couldn't be bothered going through with it anymore; "This better be worth it, the old man's gonna tan my hide for stealing his creds".

Following in line alongside Kat, he listened to her word of caution and nodded a little in quiet acknowledgement. Were Jawa's known for being aggressive? He'd never exactly heard of any stories where they acted like raiders of any sort, but then again, Caedyn didn't make it a habit of visiting such dry worlds on the regular. He was of course armed, though the thought of having to draw a weapon on the little guys seemed rather mean, even if it were to be in their self-defense.

"I hope it's something shiny and rare...-I don't want just any old trinket you can find on any dead-beat world!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom