Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Sith Mission - Umbara] - What's Now Yours Is Still Mine

The rising star of the Imperial Navy; the daring Captain Hawke Katamirth. Leads an intrepid group of Sith Apprentices and naval crew to the surface of Republic controlled Umbara. Their mission; to rescue the members of the Shadow Academy and their archives from falling to the hands of the Jedi. She must also not spark a galactic incident over the matter; the peace is to hold... for now.

The Raylak - Hyperspace, En-route to Umbara - 11:05 Ship Time

Captain Hawke surveyed the bridge of the Raylak, a 300 meter freighter that was older than her. Her crew were bustling about on their duties, making sure all systems were running smoothly. A skeletal crew put togeather for the mission. All seemed normal except the presence of a few Sith Apprentices assigned to this mission. Truthfully a Knight should be leading them; and her. Maybe even a Master Sith. This was nothing ordinary for an Imperial Officer to be running the show. Yet here she was; doing just that. Someone high in command had confidence in her at least.

Hawke had a great distrust of Force users. Knowing they could feel others with the ability. It had seemed for all the years of her life she'd been able to keep it hidden. That, or they did know but for some reason never point it out. "@Paega Anginous; tell me. What do you know of the Umbaran Sith Academy"? Her question was out of the blue for the young Sith. Hawke wanted to know if she knew why this mission was so important beyond the laid out goals.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra watched the star lines flow outside the view port of the freighter. Hyperspace always captivated her, to be moving from system to system in minutes or hours seemed almost unreal yet it was happening before her eyes. This mission would get her some recognition atleast, and that was something she sorely needed at this point since she hadn't been on one yet. Her eyes drifted over to Paega and the Captain as they talked, silently watching and taking in information.
@[member='Hawke Katamirth'],

@[member="Hawke Katamirth"] @[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]

Paega leaned against the wall of the ship, listening to the hums of the machinery and gazed at the busy bridge crew bustling about. This mission wasn't going to be that much of a challenge, from what she could tell. They had to rescue some Sith trainees and important archives from the Sith Academy in Umbara since Umbara was now under Republic control. Oh, she had almost forgotten about the last part: they had to be careful, or else their presence at Umbara could spark a galactic war between the Republic and the Empire. 'Stupid peace treaty...' thought the blonde apprentice to herself.

"Tell me. What do you know of the Umbaran Sith Academy?" Paega's green eyes shifted from gazing at the bridge crew and focused instead on the captain asking her the question, the one that was supposed to be leading the mission. "Not much.. except that it's important. There are archives there that we cannot afford to have fall into the hands of the Jedi. Oh yeah, and there's Sith trainees there as well. They're pretty important too, I think." the blonde apprentice informed her with a slight smirk. "Unfortunately I don't know much more about the academy... captain." she added, saying the word 'captain' in what could've been interpreted as being in a mocking tone. Paega simply didn't have much respect for Non-Force Users.

@[member="Paega Anginous "]@[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]

Paega wasn't the scholarly that was for sure. Hawke would have to give her the backdrop as to the importance of this mission. "Well there are the mission objectives of course. But an important piece needs to be set in play". Hawke straightened up in her seat. The dammed this was really uncomfortable. "And thats that our Emperor trained here. This is his home world". Hawke let that sink in a moment for the girl. "There may be files pertaining to him stored there. And we can not let the Jedi get their hands on such things, everything else too. If we fail we fail him, and I'm certain he'd be pretty fraking angry about that. So we won't". Hawke's eyes drifted away from the girl to another of the Apprentices, Alexandra. She seemed a little far off at the moment, and probably no need to bother her.

Still another hour on this crate till we get there. Guess I won't take my girls hyperdrive for granted after this.

Alexandra Feanor

"And if we are captured?" She glanced over at the captain, her eyes studying the other as she asked that. Watching closely her closely for when she responded. She did wonder though, what would happen if they were caught, instant execution, torture, the prospects seem endless as she thinks it over.

@[member='Hawke Katamirth'], @[member='Paega Anginous '],

@[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]

"Executed, imprisoned, maybe simply deported if our cover stays. Theres to much at stake on the big board for those thoughts though. So we shall lay off the negative waves". Sith weren't known for the positive outlook on life kind of deal. All they had to do was play it cool getting permission to enter the planets airspace. The academy was rather far from any settlements, so any attention after that should be negligible. "A little worried venturing into Republic space Shadowstalker"?

"Then I suggest we try and talk our way out," Olom mused calmly. He had been standing there calmly. "Jedi are often easily motivated by guilt and manipulation. Many of them can be convinced to spare their enemies, provided no one dies," he said calmly. He didn't hate the Jedi ,but he found few of them to be very good at planning. "That being said, it's best to avoid any conflict. Everything on that academy is best handled...quietly," he mused thoughtfully as he looked about.

Olom had been asked to attend. He could feel some power in their commander, but she was no Sith. He wondered why she'd deign to hide it--probably to avoid the messy competition over power most Sith had between each other. He hated to admit this, but if they weren't careful they'd spark and international incident. Because of this, he wore simple, black robes, with no Sith markings. He kept his light saber in a small hidden holster on his side. He didn't want to set off any alarms, after all.

"So captain, is the facility's location currently under siege, or known to republic operatives?" He inquired with a curious look on his wrinkled brow. After all, no sense ruffling feathers, not yet.

@[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]@[member="Hawke Katamirth"] @Paega Anginous

Alexandra Feanor

She nodded to the captain as she glanced outside of the view port again, speaking as she stares out of it. "I would be lying if i said that i wasn't worried about doing something like this, nor would i believe you if you said you were not worried." She looked at Olum as he spoke, taking in what he had said. "Lets indeed hope that it can be handled quietly, i dont think we can fight this out anyways should it come to that. @[member='Olom Grihk'], @[member='Hawke Katamirth'], @[member='Paega Anginous '],

@Alexandra Shadowstalker@Hawke Katamirth @[member="Olom Grihk"]

So the Sith Academy had been the current Sith Emperor's home world. No wonder they were on such a rush to get stuff off the planet. Paega listened to what the captain had to say and simply nodded, taking in the additional information.

The blonde apprentice's focus shifted to Olom Grihk, whom she could tell knew his stuff. It was not very likely that the Jedi would execute or torture them if they got caught, but still, anything that went wrong would mean deep trouble for them. She listened to Shadowstalker's comments about being worried, and let out a snort. It was simply pathetic to hear such remark coming from a Sith Apprentice.

Paega walked over to the front of the bridge and waited for them to arrive.

Vendir

לוֹחֶם מְפַקֵד
Vendir watched Hawke Katamirth talk to three other Sith. He approached the group. Stopping a few feet away from them he looked out the viewport to look at the planet. He turned to look at Hawke "how long until we land" he asked. He looked at the other Sith. One a blue skinned alien and the other two female. He glanced back at one of them. He thought he recognized her. He would settle that later. He turned back to Hawke Katamirth waiting for a answer.

@[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]@[member="Olom Grihk"]@[member="Hawke Katamirth"]@Paega Anginous

Chok walked into the bridge from returning from the kitchen since there was much to munch on, but as he returned he spied several apprentices talking about some foolish mission and was wondering what he had gotten himself into, he walked in with his usual sith robes that were made to reflect the usual ewok garb and wore his saberstaff proudly as he entered.

Walking in he got to the viewport only to shrug since he couldn't see out of it and looked around while sniffing the air and growling at the rest, he could not talk their language but he surely could speak to them via telepathy, but for now he would remain silent and observe.

@[member="Vendir"]
@Paega Anginous
@[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]
@[member="Olom Grihk"]
@[member="Hawke Katamirth"]

@[member="Olom Grihk"] @[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"]. @[member="Chok'Tok"]

"We believe it is known to them, hence the mission. But it has been some time and they've never made a move upon it. They may think it would spark a war by attacking or seizing it. Umbara's Adademy doesn't hold the luster it used to though, but it is still to valuable to leave". That answer should tide their resident know it all for the time being. That wasn't entirely an insult. She respected those of intelligence, but not so she wouldn't poke fun. Alexandra relayed her worry about the mission. @[member="Paega Anginous "]snorted in a condescending way. The girl had a lot to learn, especially of respect. Unwise to anger someone who could lob your head off. "Voicing your worry and concerns is beneficial. It lets others know about what you think. Fear is what you must not let slip. We're not a boy in his first battle. Most of us are hardened by the forge of war". Hawke kept silent for a short while. Thinking on the operation. In the meantime two of polar stature had taken step on the bridge. A giant of a man, and an Ewok. The giant was the first to speak. Asking of the length of time until planet fall; hyperspace travel was still underway. Only a short time remained of travel before entering the system. "How long until we land, Captain; Mr. @[member="Vendir"]. You say master to the one who touters you. You shall afford me my title. I did not walk a golden path with a silver spoon in my mouth to gain a Captaincy at my young age. So address me as Captain, or Captain Hawke. Now as to your question. Should we not be tied up in bureaucracy we should be on the ground in about thirty minutes". The Raylak balked as she fell from Hyperspace. Thankfully no one was tossed about. "I sit corrected. Twenty five minutes". Hawke rose from her chair giving out orders and asking questions to the crew. Leaving the apprentices to their own for the time being.

@Olom Grihk @Alexandra Shadowstalker. @Chok'Tok @[member="Hawke Katamirth"]​

OOC: Permission from thread owner to join, landing after you have, hoping to only add to the plot and up the tension for you all. Inspiration Music

A faint dot, somewhere a distance away in the blackness of space, devoid of anything but one lone fighter and a couple of small asteroids.

"Balance this is mining survey vessel Rainbow Ubenon."

"Go ahead Ubenon." Kreegan's dry voice crackled over the comm-link.

"Possible neutronium deposit at your location, please look into it and return to advise quantity and likelihood of securing a claim. Channel will be crystal gold, for the next three rotations."

Wildcard Callsign Balance, or Agent V1X, made his second jump since his reposting, the code name for umbara given, it wasn't far, which is why he'd been picked. A small, plain civilian survey fighter, he flew a modernized but common Z 95. Coming in on hyperspace approach to Umbara, complete with trading records, a thorough backstory to the ship, well traceable civillian parts and manufacturing history. It wasn't his ship after all, just what the mission needed. He was receiving the information on the mission as it came in, hot as they say. Intelligence spared no expense in the cover story, it looked and indeed was mining and travel information, highly encoded it would have to be decoded three times, in three differently languages just for him to understand it let alone anyone else. To anyone who did intercept the message, it would appear just to be mining details of the claim he was on his way to investigate, if they somehow suspected anything and began to crack a code, they'd then need to do so in three languages and all they'd end up with is a civilian mining operation translated in three different languages.

The journey wasn't rushed by any means, while he worked through the keywords here, highly covert in his approach, now falling in with some civilian traffic, a mining vessel, a couple of other single fighters and a random old freighter. The Z95 just looked like any old ship approaching the planet as they neared the exit of hyperspace. Rainbow Ubenon was actually a mining vessel in the registry, and the company he was supposedly working for an actual mining company, so nothing looked out of place. This new republic intelligence unit wasn't messing around... this was strictly recon and counter intelligence, with the chance perhaps at bag and tag on an item, or even a corellian cage taking a live hostile, both a secondary goal if the opportunity presented itself.

Zykhan

Eternal Darkness
Sitting amongst the shadows where he felt most comfortable, a silent Mortivious watched the conversation between the egos that be, clashing like children during play time. It served a purpose however; the tension from the exchange provided an intense surge of anger and frustration in the air, saturating their breath with the Dark Side. Adorned in simple black robes, Alaxander gave no indication to his true nature, though it wouldn’t take long to notice the wear and tear the Sith had already had on the warrior.

Eyes so dark they could be mistaken for space itself found their gaze directed toward the Ewok entering the room, proudly proclaiming his allegiance with the Sith without even speaking a word, unwise for a mission focused on stealth. This trip to the Jedi controlled planet would be no walk in the park for anyone, especially Mortivious, though he would never let anyone have the satisfaction of knowing that. He would learn to be subtle; it was all a part of his ascension to power. You had to bleed to learn.

The mountain of a man broke from the shadows cast over him, his hulking footsteps drawing near the group. He drew back his hood to reveal his freshly shaven head, pale skin, and weathered features, he nearly resembled the very species they were about to encounter only very muscular. “We all understand what’s at stake here I assume? Because I will not fall victim to anyone else’s inadequacies.” His voice crackled with the Dark Side.

@[member="Olom Grihk"] @[member="Alexandra Shadowstalker"] @[member="Chok'Tok"] @[member="Hawke Katamirth"] @[member="Vendir"] @Paega Anginous

Horaan Estidal

Ghost Squad Leader, 158th Infantry Division
Horaan had signed up for this mission along with 3 other squad members in order to get into the action, to finally help the sith gain control. he had recently just finished his combat training on felucia and he an his squad were battle ready, although normal soldiers were no match for jedi. Horaan was chosen to do some of the handy work, he and his crew were down in the cargo hold organizing the supplies they had taken and makig sure everything was there. He could faintly here some of the bickering above and the time until arrival. "Alright boys, lets speed this up, only 25 minutes until touchdown. Make sure you grab yor gear, especially your cloaking devices." Horaans group, ghost squad has been specifically trained for secrecy and stealth. Thier victims never saw them coming, and the goal if this mission was not to be spotted, which was why this was a perfect first real combat mission for him and his squad.

@Alexandra Shadowstalker@Hawke Katamirth @Olom Grihk @[member="Horaan Estidal"] @[member="Darth Mortivious"]

"...should we not be tied up in bureaucracy we should be on the ground in about thirty minutes".

Paega gazed out at space as they passed stars and planets at hyperspeed. They nearing their destination, according to the captain.. The blonde apprentice could feel the captain's annoyance towards her through the Force. Paega could care less however about the captain's judgement on her. From what she could tell, she didn't appear to exactly trust any of them. And by them, the Force-Users.

“We all understand what’s at stake here I assume? Because I will not fall victim to anyone else’s inadequacies.” The blonde apprentice turned around to see a huge man appear out from the shadows. "You won't, believe me." she assured him lightly.

Horaan Estidal

Horaan and his crew walk up to the bridge after finishing organizing the cargo and preparing for their mission. He releases them to do whatever they want until touchdown, and Horaan goes to sit in one of the chairs and observes the conversation.

Vendir

לוֹחֶם מְפַקֵד
Vendir watched the other Sith walk onto the bridge and the ones that were already here continue to look out at the stars. Vendir looked over the Sith gathered in the bridge 'A variety of Sith' he thought 'reminds me of how many Sith there are out there' he crossed his arms and continued to wait.

@Paega Anginous@[member="Horaan Estidal"]@[member="Darth Mortivious"]@[member="Kreegan Vesh"]@[member="Hawke Katamirth"]@[member="Chok'Tok"]@Alexandra Shadowstalker@[member="Olom Grihk"]

Horaan Estidal

Horaan notices Vendir walking into the bridge, OCC:(assuming this is after my training and our bar encounter @[member="Vendir"] ) "Hey Vendir, come on over! Have a seat by me, we can talk about this mission."

Vendir

לוֹחֶם מְפַקֵד
Vendir turned to the Horaan "ah haha! Haven't seen you in a while!" Vendir exclaimed walking over to him. He shook his hand and sat next to him "not that there is much to talk about" he chucked "I mean, other than the fact that we are in republic territory and how we should be scarred and all" Vendir laughed.

@[member="Horaan Estidal"]@Paega Anginous@[member="Darth Mortivious"]@[member="Kreegan Vesh"]@[member="Hawke Katamirth"]@[member="Chok'Tok"]@Alexandra Shadowstalker@[member="Olom Grihk"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom