Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Sing Me A Song (performances/karaoke night, open to anyone who can justify being on Coruscant)

Amani watched in shock as Cato made his way to the stage, pointing right in their direction before breaking out into song. She looked back at Inanna, stifling a laugh, half-expecting the woman to be mortified by her fiance's drunken display. But when all was said and done, Inanna gave a different reaction, and it seemed to click for Amani.

She smiled broadly, and genuinely, "Well, I'm really happy for you, then." Looking back, Cato was quickly befriending another inebriated patron who had taken a particular liking to the Jedi's performance, "Seems like you two have a lot to look forward to."

"When's the wedding?"

With a glass filled with ale in her right hand Minerva the subsequent performance by Jasper and Jalen that followed. She sipped and listened, savoring the beverage all the while. Needless to say the unarmored Mandalorian wasn't expecting such type of music in this sort of establishment.

I guess they allow most types of music on karaoke night. Just hope no one sings a Gungan lullaby or I'll storm up there and shove the mic down their throat.

Minerva had just finished half of her ale when she spotted a drunken Cato wielding a guitar get on the stage then dedicated a song to his fiance named Inanna. Already the Mandalorian grinned.

"Either way this should be entertaining." She whispered to herself.

Quickly Cato burst into song and was joined by others in a chorus. At first Minerva paused, taking in what she's seeing and hearing. Subsequently a grin surfaced on her face followed by a low chuckle that became louder with each moment until she threw her head back and laughed out loud for several more seconds.

Slapping her left knee and chuckling some more, Minerva finally calmed although still bearing a smirk filled with utter amusement. She clapped at the end as Cato went off stage. Another server was passing by Minerva when she stopped her with a raised hand before pointing at Cato.

"Whatever that man is drinking I'll pay the tap for it and for his sweetheart's as well."

The server nodded before heading off. Minerva shrugged her shoulders, she was feeling generous tonight and had enough credits earned from her past mercenary work.

Sighing, she thought. This night is already turning out to be fun. Who knows I might go on stage later…but not right now.

Last edited:
"When's the wedding?"

"Good question." Inanna blinked as her tab was paid by Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad , who had apparently been impressed by Cato's performance. "We don't have a set date yet." Mainly because neither one of us has enough friends or surviving family members to invite... "But hopefully it'll be soon enough. What about yours?" The wedding of a member of the royal family was bound to be bigger, grander, and require a lot more planning. Inanna definitely didn't envy Amani in that regard.

Rose was sitting at the bar sipping her drink when she felt eyes on the back of her neck. Slowly she turned around slightly lifting her glass. "This is the third time tonight you're not a first." She lowered her cup peering over it brim at the random passerby. "Yes I may be Ryv's Padawan but I'm not a child. I can drink as much as I want, anyways." She said glowering as she removed the fruit from the side of her beverage. "It's just water." She tossed the little delicacy in the air catching it in her mouth and turning around to look at one of the people beside her. "people judge to much let the strange lothe-wolf lay ya know. It's not their issue untill I make it their issue."

GADividerHotPink.png

Wait. Cora was singing?

So was Jalen?

Maran sat bewildered at the bar, sipping at a cup of juice. The hangover from the last time she decided to drink was enough reason to just, not ever drink again. And, well. It certainly looked like Cora was the one drinking way too much. She grinned, lifting her cup in a hopes to catch her eye for just a moment. Oh yes, this was now ammo for the young Padawan. The best kind of ammo.

She turned her gaze to Tenn, who she totally dragged along once Cora was seen.

"At least she's having fun?"

Her and Jalen. And her master. They were good.

Again, not that she'd ever tell them.

Tenn Kalos | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Her head swimming, Cora was only paying attention to Cadence's words at face value, unable to pick up on just how carefully chosen they were. The blonde was too far gone to figure out what had been left unsaid.

"Why yes, that was my first time performing in public! Thank you for your kind words, Cadence."

The AI had called her brave and confident! That was almost like saying that her performance had been good and talented.

The night was still going strong, and soon the stage was home to a number of new performances. A model-esque man crooned to a gaggle of enraptured women near the front row, and Master Vanagor treated them to an encore. A young man, clearly inebriated, dedicated his set to his fiancée, an act that cause Cora to gasp, hands curled tightly to her chest.

"Oh, how romantic!"

His performance seemed to touch others as well, given that a woman only a few seats away offered to pay for both the singer's and his intended's drinks.

Jasper and Jalen took to the stage next, and Cora grasped Desric's arm briefly in excitement.

"I know them!"

Of course Desric would also be familiar with Jasper, the bar man from only minutes ago.

"Jasper and Jalen are brothers." She had the sense to elaborate. "Jalen is very shy, so I'm surprised that he's here tonight."

Turning her attention back to the stage, she decided to voice her support. "Go Jalen!" She cheered. "You can do this! Just don't think about how many people there are watching you!"

There, that ought to help put a shy introvert at ease.

Returning to her cocktail that was actually just expensive fruit juice, she caught Maran's gaze from across the bar. Then Tenn's. With a smile, she raised the glass in greeting. Perhaps when she was sober and could understand the gravity of her caterwauling performance, Cora would look back on this moment and groan.

"You and Jalen did so well!" She greeted Jasper when he returned. The younger Kai'el appeared to have slipped out at lightspeed.

"Desric, you should go next! Cadence, tell him that he has to. It's so much fun!"

Desric Terassi Desric Terassi Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Maran Maran Tenn Kalos

Tenn Kalos

T
Tenn was far too enraptured by the performance to really put up much of a fight when Maran dragged him back in. The entertainment value couldn't be passed up. He mindlessly posted up at the barside next to her, watching Cora give it her all on stage, "I… sure. Yeah," Tenn agreed, only half-paying attention. Despite the chuckle he failed to stifle mid-sentence, there was a sense of genuineness to his response. The idea of being able to do whatever without caring what anyone thought was quite liberating in concept. Shame was really something that played into most of his actions down in the sub levels, but up here? With a new life and duty to uphold? He was much more cognizant of everything he did.

Then again, it's not like Cora was usually this free of care. That would be the alcohol's doing. When she finished her song, he blinked, and quickly turned around to face the bar, at risk of her noticing that he had stood there gawking like an idiot the entire time, "So, when are you getting on stage?" He asked, glancing slyly at Maran.

Amani nodded in solidarity, "Same boat. Turns out there's a lot that goes into planning the wedding of a royal. Who knew?" A bit of weary excitement bled through her sarcastic smile. There was so much to do, so much to plan. It was tedious work, but she was determined to make it perfect.

"Will you be attending?" Amani shot Inanna a raised brow, thereby extending the offer in case Alicio had not already done so himself.

"You and Jalen did so well!" She greeted Jasper when he returned. The younger Kai'el appeared to have slipped out at lightspeed.

"Desric, you should go next! Cadence, tell him that he has to. It's so much fun!"

"Thank you," Jasper responded with a warm smile. "I'm glad I got Jalen up there. I hope it helps him start to break out of his shell..."

He turned to Desric, a face he had not seen before. A Noble friend of Cora's no doubt.

"Jasper Kai'el," he introduced. "If you wanna go up, now's the best time to do it. Besides, you only live once. Might as well give it a go, just to say you did."

Jasper turned his head to see a distant conversation. Maran and Tenn were speaking again. Apparently he had used the excuse of his dog to get out of an awkward conversation. Relatable. He'd leave them to whatever it was they were talking about. He had told Maran to make friends after all. So, it was off to take the orders of other patrons. As he made his way down the bar, a familiar pair of fiery eyes came into view.

"Evening, Master Noble," he greeted.

"Will you be attending?"

"Is that an invitation?" Inanna asked, a bit surprised. After all, she had only just delivered her apology to Amani.

But she could see that the Jedi was joyful just thinking about her upcoming marriage to Alicio. They were happy together. More than happy. Amani clearly loved him. Such love fostered gladness and gratitude that could overcome the worst of old grudges, didn't it?

"Sure," she said, smiling. "Why not?"

GADividerHotPink.png

"So, when are you getting on stage?"

Wait what. Maran just about spat out her drink, staring towards Tenn for a moment. The fact Cora was so obviously okay with the torture Maran was going to subject her to was filling her mind. not thinking about singing. She cleared her throat before just shaking her head. Rapidly. Embarrassedly. Jalen had shown her just how poor her own skills with instruments were. And her singing was..

She only sang in the shower for a reason.

"I don't sing."

Tenn Kalos

SDlHaEx.jpg

div-orange.png
Tag: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Open

Valery wasn't even sure who had been singing on stage anymore at this point — she had been drawn into her own mind far too much, and only snapped out of it when she noticed that someone had approached her and addressed her directly. Hearing the familiar voice, she blinked and looked up at Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , who had been working as tonight's bartender it seemed like. Not all too surprising given his past.

"Evening," she finally said in return with a soft smile.

Valery had been leaning onto the bar with her elbows, but now pushed herself back up to sit more properly. A hand went up to fix up her hair and with a less zoned-out look in her eyes, she tried to offer a friendly smile.

"I hope the evening has been going well? Nothing too crazy happened that I missed?"

"Mhm," Amani shrugged in confirmation. As far as she was concerned, their past drama was water under the bridge, rarely one to linger on grudges. There was too much to look forward to, for it to be clouded by feelings of anger or distaste. Besides, as Inanna herself noted, "You did save his life, after all. I figure that alone warrants an invitation, right?"

She grinned, and cocked her head in Cato's direction, "You're more than welcome to bring that guy, too."

Now holding her second round of ale Minerva for the next few minutes quietly observing her surroundings. Truth be told she still felt weird being out of armor and not being on an undercover operation no less. Even though there is security at hand and she is supposed to relax, Minerva couldn't help but scan the room for possible cover in case of trouble. Old habits die hard I guess. The warrior silently concluded.

Snipping some more she noticed Tenn and Taran talking, but couldn't make out what was being said due to the multiple voices talking across the bar. Still the Mandalorian could tell the Miralian girl appeared rather nervous about something.

Not really my business anyway. I don't know these people and they're not my vod.

That last thought hit her in the gut and she winced, feeling homesick. Being Mandalorian meant everything to her and sharing that path with other fellow warriors however different eased burdens of life and enhanced its joys. Now here among strangers Minerva never felt more alone than she would be as a hermit on some desolate rock. She closed both eyes and bit her lips with conflict raging within the heart.

What am I even doing here?

It was a question that immediately gripped her heart as soon as it appeared. For a moment she almost got up to storm off until she remembered, whispering the answer to herself.

"I'm here in the Alliance for my people. To honor our legacy and avenge our blood."

Opening her eyes Minerva looked out to the crowd all around again. It is true she hardly knew these people but that doesn't mean she couldn't have fun. Staring at the stage, determination lit in her eyes and a savage grin etched into her face. Up there is a new challenge to conquer. Chuckling at herself Minerva drank down the last of the ale before sighing and placing the empty glass down on the counter.

Subsequently she remarked. "Here goes nothing."

With a confident stride she walked her way toward the stage, signing her name on a datapad and talking with the staff on what song she's going to sing. It was one she grew up listening to on the holonet. Finally Minerva stood in front of the crowd with a mic in the right hand. Displaying a neutral expression she closed her eyes and waited. Then the song she picked began to play and she bobbed her head and sang 'Eye of the Nexu' with eyes open.

Her voice would not be the most professional but neither was it the worst. Yet she made up for that lack of experience with great passion in her tone and intensity in her eyes, bobbing the head more and more as she danced to the tune by stomping her right foot and kept it up to the end.

Then finally the song stopped and there was actually some applause in the crowd, surprising Minerva. Blinking for a moment her savage grin resurfaced before the Mandalorian nodded.

"Thank you. Now to whoever comes next I challenge you to surpass me. Show us your heart!"

Done she handed over the mic and instead of walking off the stage she jumped off, landing on both feet with a thud. With that Minerva headed back and sat down in her seat again.

Last edited:
As it turned out, buzzed Cora was nice but somewhat confused and rather excitable.

Smiling calmly as she grabbed his hand, he nodded along as if the information was new and important. "I am sure that made him feel at ease. A friendly face in the crowd, you know?" Unlike Cadence, Desric did not hesitate to lie.

Desric nodded in greeting as Jalen was introduced after leaving the stage. "Desric Terassi. A pleasure. I can't say bartending is the job I associate most with Jedi, but the skillsets do not seem entirely incompatible."

Then there was the singing. "Oh yes, it seems only fair," Chirped Cadence, at Cora's urging.

"Right you are. Might as well indeed. It certainly looked fun!" Smiling cheerily, he headed over to the stage.

Unlike some, he did not pick a specific song. Instead, he clicked 'Randomise' and trusted in his ocular implant to provide him with the lyrics he needed in a convenient manner. More convenient than some screen, certainly. A song began to play and Desric began to sing, his dictation almost aggressively precise, yet not unmusical.

"We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I...
"

In many ways, he was the polar opposite of Corazona's earlier performance - rather than flailing about he moved with practised grace and instead of singing unclearly, he was precise to a fault. His vocal range was impeccable and his timing was great. It was, objectively speaking, a solid performance - and yet it seemed a bit mechanical.

Still, he did enjoy the attention, even if he preferred speeches to songs.

Bowing smoothly after finishing, he flashed the crowd a roguish smile and ambled back to his earlier seat. Hopefully, Corazona had not been able to procure any alcoholic drinks in his absence.

Aramis Lapaz

A

div1.png

Tag:Open.

The famous Cobalt Club, Aramis didn't plan to go here, he was forced by himself while he was bored viewing the Holonet in his apartment. He decided to get proper clothes, take his lightsaber and go to the Club. It was a big niight for the Club, at least that's what the article in the Holonet said.

Aramis didn't want to disturb the ambience in the room but as he entered, he quickly examinated the rooms and saw multiple Padawans and some masters around the scene, some on the scene? Well, to late, he entered the Club, took a seat near the scene. after thirty minutes, a server came towards him Finally! Aramis would think.

The server would come closer and then ask him,
"Oh, I see Sir is a Jedi, there is plenty of yours in the Club tonight. So what will you take, fellow Jedi?" Aramis thought a little bit, he didn't want to enter his apartment half-dead and most importantly, he did not want to enter someone else's apartment. So he just took a "Guard Wine, please."

Please, do not let this reply die.

qeTFh7a.png

Objective: Sing
Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

div1.png

Song

As soon as the words flew from his mouth he waited, and waited, and waited... to the point where Thelma said her words completely out of rhythm with the song. Silas stood there looking awkwardly between her and the crowd, not knowing what to do in such a bizarre situation like this.

"Thelma? is everything al- whoa!" he said in a surprised tone as the strong girl began dragging him away. Carefully tossing the mic back to one of the stage crew on the way out he didn't really resist in anyway.

Was this how girls always acted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom