Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Sing Me A Song (performances/karaoke night, open to anyone who can justify being on Coruscant)

"Cato! We're going to a royal wedding!"

Cato had been in the middle of talking to another patron, the two of them making for fast friends in their affable drunken state. He looked up towards Inanna and blinked slowly, processing what she said. He then pumped his fist in the air, giving an enthusiastic, "WOO!"

He blinked again, and confusedly shouted back, "But… we're not royals…!"

"No, but we're friends with royals!" A beat passed, before she added, "Or at least, I am!"

Was he confused? Did he think she was talking about their wedding? Speaking of which, they really should sit down and have a talk about that. Figure out what they were going to do... preferably after the whole mess with either of their families was sorted out. Speaking of...

"We can't stay long," Inanna said, turning back to face Amani. "Coruscant was just a stop along the way to Mawite space. We have business to attend to there." It sounded crazy even to her ears, but the business was important enough to warrant the danger. "It was nice, er, apologizing to you."

Tenn Kalos

T
"Because there's no chance I will."

Tenn gave her a "Pfft," and rolled his eyes, "You're no fun." He pushed off the counter and dusted off his hands. What reason did he have to stick around for?

"I'm gettin' out of here then," Once again he made a beeline for the door, wholly disinterested by the rest of the night's proceedings. His dog was, in fact, waiting for him.

GADividerHotPink.png

"I too am fun-wait huh?" She blinked, watching him stand up. Then shrugged indifferently. So what if Jalen had already left and Cora was too drunk to be good company. And Tenn was the only one here around her age now. Yeah she didn't bother hiding her pout.

"Fine. I'll just- I'll beat you up next time." Not that she was planning to beat him up or anything. She just liked having friends. Even if she was terrible at talking to them.

Tenn Kalos

Admittedly, Desric's performance did outclass her own—like almost everyone else who'd gone on stage tonight. Still, Cora was feeling too good to be jealous. She swayed along to the beat, enjoying the sound of his voice while polishing off her glass of expensive fruit juice. He was talented.

"That was splendid!" She clapped her hands together when he'd returned to the bar. "You truly have a lovely voice. And you remembered all of the words, too! I believe that I may have missed a few, myself."

She'd missed more than a few, butchering the lyrics and creating new ones where it suited. Only in the morning, when she'd undoubtedly view the video of her dismal performance would she have the grace to be utterly embarrassed.

"Congratulations on your wedding!" She raised an empty glass in the direction of the conversation, only having heard a snippet regarding marriage. She had no idea who was getting married, but was happy for them all the same.

Giggling, she turned back to Desric and covered a yawn with hand. Normally she'd work to make such a gesture more subtle, but the alcohol and club setting had her feeling a little looser.

"Goodness me. What time is it?"

Desric Terassi Desric Terassi

Drunk Cato did, in fact, think she was talking about their wedding, "Oh," He scratched his head, "We are?" News to him. At least until he had a eureka moment, remembering the Organa.

"Oh yeah!" Cato cheered again, high fiving his fellow patron, "Gonna be dooope!" He raised his drink towards Cora, sticking out his index finger at her in appreciation of her well wishes.

Although at this point, he had no idea which wedding anybody was talking about.

Amani watched the exchange between Inanna and Cato with a grin, letting them trudge through the language barrier presented by alcohol on their own. When Inanna finally turned back to her, the mirialan just shook her head. What was said, however, got her attention.

"Business? In Maw space?" She blinked, suddenly a bit more concerned, "That sounds dangerous." Perhaps they could handle themselves, but that didn't mean Amani couldn't worry, "Well, let me know if you need any backup, yeah?"

"I'm glad we had this chat."

As he returned from the stage, Desric heard something about a 'royal wedding'. An unspoken command later, Cadence began compiling a report. Was this something he should go out of his way to procure an invitation to?

"Why thank you, Corazona," Desric said cheerfully. "Perhaps, but you more than made up for it with enthusiasm!" Was that in any way an accurate representation of the truth? No. Would Desric be enjoying the recording of her making a fool of himself later? Probably. Did that make it a quality performance? From a certain point of view.

It seemed Corazona was ready to call it a night, for now. Probably for the best.

"It has gotten quite late, has it not? Would you like Cadence to take you back to the Temple?" He had plenty of airspeeders at his disposal. It was only polite to offer - they were far more dignified than taxis.

SDlHaEx.jpg

Coruscan, Cobalt Club
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Jasper_divider_3.0.png

"I hope the evening has been going well? Nothing too crazy happened that I missed?"

"Nothing much you missed," Jasper shrugged. "Just your students going up and singing I think. Oh, mine is here too now." He paused for a moment, gesturing over to where Maran Maran and Tenn Kalos were socializing, to Maran specifically. "I'm... sure you saw my request to the council for that..."

Jasper frowned for a moment. It wasn't like Val to be this out of it. She was tired from the war effort, no doubt. What she really needed was to relax.

"Why don't you go up and sing?" he suggested. "I had fun when I went up. You might too. Besides, we don't get many events like these. Ones that aren't ruined by terrorists or Mawites or whatever, I mean... You should take the time to enjoy it too. You put in too much work to not. Maybe it'll do you some good."

It wasn't much he could offer, but advice was the least he could give in return for the guidance she had given him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom