Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silver Smooth

Equally both disdained and unworried about the recent news, apparently the old bounty for his hide was back up, or still lingered. Either way, Romeo found the news also comical. No one who knew who he was would try it, or if they did, then they were crazy. The Vahla was at a small bar on Nar Shaddaa, a decent enough place actually, they served coffee here. It was one of the more quiet places, older patrons who just wanted to die in peace. Datapad in hand, Romeo leaned back in his booth, sipping on his caf, hazel cream. He took in the smell of his drink, smiling at its aroma. He continued to read the info.

150'000 Credits dead or alive

What a joke, he could easily pay that off. In fact he could easily pay it off, and afford to pay the person extra to shoot the being who gave the hunter the bounty. Regardless, Romeo was in a much more humble state of mind, and less violent as well. Hell, he could probably be persuaded to go willingly if the person could smooth talk him enough. Romeo doubted that, but it was nice humoring the idea. He sipped his drink, adjusting his black coat with the white fur on its hood. Underneath was a black turtleneck, and black trousers below his stomach. Inside the jacket was a saber of crimson red when activated. Romeo couldn't remember the last time he turned it on in an act of defense....or offense.

[member="Joti Johayc"]

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
Nar shaddaa was an interesting planet, on one hand, you had drug cartels and mercs killing each other over the spoils of the Black Sun's capital world, and on the other, you had the faint sound of music and subtle hues of colored smoke that drifted through the neon lights of the upper levels, a stark contrast that Joti had learned to appreciate since she'd arrived.

She stopped just outside a small bar, whispering something into her commlink and deactivating something on her bracer while she gave the place a quick lookover.

"Yeah, That'll do" Soon the red-clad mandalorian made her way inside, sliding a few credits over the counter and ordering some caf for herself. Some patrons might have heard the odd jingle here and there as she made her way off to the side, sitting down with her drink for what should be a quiet, relaxing evening.
Once she was comfortable, she removed her helmet and took a sip. that sip was interrupted however when her sky blue eyes became locked onto those of a stranger. a stranger who's eyes were red like blood.
With this little distraction, she set her drink down and leaned forward, elbow on the table and chin resting on her hand while she looked on with curiosity.

"Hmm"

[member="Romeo Sin"]

His caf was almost gone with his last sip he just took, though it left a white foam of cream on his lips like facial hair. Romeo smirked at this, it was childish, but still funny to him. Gently, his tongue removed the cream slowly before continuing to read the datapad. He had noticed the Mando clad in red coming in, he noticed she too was one who enjoyed caf. Romeo was also realizing he was being watched, it wasn't because of the Force. How one would not see a fiery red head staring one's way, Romeo didn't know. And now he was giving her a show.

With luck, she wouldn't know about his bounty, while Romeo didn't frequent this place, it was nice and he wanted to come back. Deciding the red elephant in the room needed to be addressed, he placed the datapad down and went back up to the bar to order another drink. Not once did he look her way, not yet. When he had his order, he sat back at his booth, placed his cup down, and rested his chin on one head in mimic of the Mando, starring back at her.

Beautiful was one word to describe her, deadly was probably another.

Falling to one side was some of his black hair streaked with white. Romeo winked at her with a smile, and went back to his caf. Yeah beautiful and deadly were her new adjectives if they did not already exist. Granted, the Vahla figured if he ever said that to her face, she would make him eat those words...or try to.

Interesting.

[member="Joti Johayc"]

She'd watch him curiously as he got up, forgetting for just a moment that she probably looked more than a little shady, but when he mimicked her pose and winked, That wasn't what she'd expected. She quirked a brow at him, that curious expression of hers fading in a crooked half-smile.

Looks like today's going to be interesting... she thought.
she glanced around the bar a moment and then decided she outta take this little encounter a step forward.

"I'd apologize for staring, But I guess we're in the same boat now, wouldn't you agree, stranger?" she smiled, and similarly to her fellow patron, took another sip of her own caf, enjoying the awkward scene playing out. it wasn't often that she got to enjoy the quiet moments in life, and even a mandalorian needed times like these, right?

[member="Romeo Sin"]

Romeo looked up from his caf as she spoke, stopping a moment before sipping it once she was done speaking. He placed it down with a smile, and pushed his datapad to the side. Actually, Romeo was even expecting that to get him in trouble, not hurt, but definitely in trouble. Maybe he was a little smoother than he thought.

Resting his arms on his table and leaning forward, he spoke:

"I guess we are in the same boat, question is, how big of a boat are we in?"

What Romeo meant by this was either obvious or not. They were still seated away from each other, while the bar was not large, it wasn't always best to speak from across the room. He was asking permission to join her, and also giving her permission to join him in his own little way. Besides, it was a long time Romeo had talked to a Mando face to face. Last one shot at him.

[member="Joti Johayc"]

She stifled a chuckle. that was about where she expected this go, maybe hoped for it to go even?
"Big enough I'd say. " she'd nod towards an empty seat and take another sip, leaning back in her's.
While she waited, she'd slide her helmet out of the way and then turn to the barkeep for a moment.

"Hey, can we get some music in here? how about-" she looked off to the side and thought about it for a moment before turning back to her present company, figuring it might be best to get their thoughts on it.

"Anything strike your fancy today stranger?" A question with multiple purposes, not only to get some possible ambience but to judge the mood. or character perhaps? though it could easily backfire he turned the question back around.

[member="Romeo Sin"]

So he wasn't just speaking gibberish then, good to know. Romeo stood gently, picking his pad and cup up before walking over to her. She had asked about music, and Romeo thought for a moment. Good question, while he enjoyed the quiet, he wasn't sure if he had to have noise what he would want. He found himself look at her hair for a moment in thought, it was pretty, reminded him of his brother's fiery red hair. Romeo bet she had the attitude to go along with it to if need be.

"Lady's choice, I find I can enjoy many styles of music. If I don't like what you pick, I'll just keep you talking."

Placing the datapad on the table, and actually forgetting to turn it off, Romeo took another sip of his caf before setting it down too. Now came the hard part.

"So, what brings you to this of the trash heap we call Nar Shaddaa?"

[member="Joti Johayc"]

If I don't like what you pick, I'll just keep you talking

"I'll keep that in mind" she chuckles and then turns to the bartender. "How about some of that quenk jazz?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ick4b5ZtbY
It wasn't long before the bar's speakers started playing their slow-paced tunes, oddly calm for mandalorian tastes, but she wasn't the first merc to listen to it, wouldn't be the last either.

So, what brings you to this trash heap we call nar shaddaa?

"Other than the coffee?" she laughed "I guess you could say I'm here on business, you how it is for mandalorians. We chase contracts from one end of the galaxy to the other, and back again. on and on it goes, but that's life for you."

she went back to her drink, glancing at the datapad for a moment. "And how about you red?"

[member="Romeo Sin"]

Romeo nodded a little to the soft jass, not something he expected, but fit within what he did listen to on the off chance. It was also interesting for her to choose, because was it for him, or her? In his mind there was a shrug. Who cared, it was nice. She spoke on caf and business, and indeed, he knew enough to understand the Mandalorians had sort of a reputation. Romeo didn't think they needed to keep up the appearance, he had been on Mandalore before, they were much more than just warriors. When she asked what he was here for, well he wasn't quite sure. Romeo was sort of retired at the moment, and pondered what she meant by red...then he realized his eyes. Well.

"Well...I guess you could say adventure, traveling...pleasure." He slowed down on that last word.

Technically this was all true.

"I've a lot of free time lately, and plenty of savings to enjoy it for the moment, ge'tal."

Yes, Romeo knew a few words and such of Mando'ade. He wasn't fluent, but he could get by.

[member="Joti Johayc"]

She would have commented on his previous sentence, but the mando'a had caught her off guard and interrupted her train fo thought.
"Oh, Gar jorhaa'ir mando'a?" she hadn't come across many who spoke mando'a, especially considering the stigma levied against most mandalorians during the war, another pleasant surprise.

"Well, I'm not sure how much, but I won't make hold the entire conversation in mando'a" she chuckled.

"You mentioned adventure? and traveling. So Nar shaddaa's just a quick stop than? I mean I can't blame you, there's a lot more to see in the galaxy. I'm hoping to see more of it myself, this is as far as I've been from the mandalore sector so far"

[member="Romeo Sin"]

Romeo laughed, he could see the surprise in her face, but it was only barely there. Had he blinked, it was have been missed. He nodded at her question.

"A little, I picked up some from an old friend of mine, and some more within my time on Mandalore."

Picking up his caf, he listened to her as he sipped more, Her eyes were an intense blue to him, captivating if not amazing. Romeo wasn't sure if it was rude to Mandos to look into their eyes, and he didn't care. Ge'tal's voice was just as nice, a strong but...how could he put it? He thought the Mando word for it was something like mesh'la? Another shrug within his own mind.

"I've been around...Nar Shaddaa has been a frequent stop, one of many. You can add Mandalore, Manaan...Dromuund Kaas, to that list with plenty more. Sad thing about business is that you don't get to choose where you're going, but such is of life. But, planets are what I'm looking for. Experience, exposure. I enjoy learning about cultures, and people watching. I bet you do to."

With another wink at the end of his sentence, Romeo leaned back some to once more enjoy his drink.

[member="Joti Johayc"]

Whereas her's were an intense blue, his eyes were, to her, an intense red, something she'd never really seen till now, at least, not in humans. Her initial reasons may have been different than his, but she too paid close attention to his eyes, to his face. And in doing so, realized that he was doing the same, although he was less so studying and more so... what was that aruetiise word? Captivated? yeah, that's it. An advantage she'd take note of for later.

And then it came: I enjoy learning about cultures, and people watching. I bet you do to. Followed by another wink.

She couldn't help but laugh nervously, considering how this all started.

"You got me there" she smiled "Always wanted to see what the rest of the galaxy had to offer, art culture, all of it. And it just so happens that you can learn a little about a planet's culture by people watching. And If we're being honest, sometimes business requires a little people watching too"

[member="Romeo Sin"]

It was cute, hearing this woman laugh, even if it was because he had caught her a little of guard. Still, as she spoke, Romeo understood all to well the things she sought and meant. Romeo sipped his drink once more, finishing the rest of it. The Vahla leaned forward again to speak, then stopped for a moment in thought. He found himself interested in this woman, but wasn't sure where this could, or should go. They were two very different people, and he was certain if she learned what he was, she'd blast him.

Finally, he spoke: "Yes, I get that, trust me. Plus, honest is the key to any kind of relationship. Now, I think the next question best to ask here, is where do we go from here? What kind of relationship are we building here? I guess asking for your name is the polite thing to do, though...I kinda like calling you Ge'tal...suit you."

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"Ge'tal Works. Got friend or two that call me red anyway, on account of the armour" She smiled, thinking about her partner, "Blue". She was enjoying this moment of quiet, even a hot headed mandalorian needs to relax every now and again, But she couldn't but feel that it would be cut short, so she might as well make the best of it.

"Ok friend, I go by Joti, Joti Johayc. And what about you? Can't tell you what kind of relationship we're building while calling you stranger now can I?" She chuckles and watches his reaction curiously while taking another sip, Trying to decide if he'd give her a fake name or not. Whether it was just because they were on narshaddaa or she was her profession made her think that way, was for her to know, for now.

The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner

A big, stupid smile crossed Romeo's face has she spoke her name. Joti. Had a nice ring to, rolled off his mental tongue like sweet caf, which was a weird visual as well. He doubted she knew who he was, his retirement had made him something less relevant these days. But there were plans to change that.

"Romeo Sin." He replied "Master of the darkside, and failed king at your service."

He had mentioned honesty being key to any relationship, since names were being given, and he felt no hint of deception in her, Romeo decided to be honest. Question was now where did this lead them?

"So, friend, do we stay here, move forward or take three steps back?"

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"Romeo Sin" She repeated to herself with a sly smile. "It does have a certain ring to it, gotta admit"

Now, har far to step in what direction. She wasn't a fan of sith, or jedi, or really the force in general to be honest, but he seemed like an ok sort so far, Honest too.

"I guess that depends. I have a question, well.. two questions that tie together. It'll all make sense by the end of it" She puts a finger on her chin for a moment, contemplating how best to go about this. Once she'd decided, she leans forward, talking in a somewhat hushed tone.

"Have you ever been hunting on Myrkr?" It was probably a strange question, somewhat out of the bloom and she knew it too.

Not sure where this was going to go, Romeo leaned back again. It could've gone south but it went a very different direction. In a shushed tone, there was a question asked about Myrkr and hunting. Romeo had only been to the planet, happened upon an old friend. He had, however, never been hunting. Not for animals at least.

"No, I haven't. But I'm a quick learner."

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"Well..." It was looking like story time to joti. "My folks took me to mykr once, Father taught me a little about hunting, and a lot about nature. Watching nature isn't as fun as people watching, but sometimes you can learn a thing or two, not just about nature either"

She paused for a moment, considering how this might all turn out.

"You can learn things by comparing people to nature. You asked what kind of relationship we're building here, and so far it goes a little like this: The Yslamir hides itself from many predators, it suppresses the force around it to hide from the vornskr, some even hide in plain sight through camouflage-"

She takes a moment to activate a holo-projector on her bracer, pulling up images of various creatures.

"Some of the mando'ade might compare themselves to the jai'galaar, the shriek hawk, Who soars high and relies on keen eyesight to spot prey. But this prey can't be seen from the sky. Others might compare themselves to wolves, sniffing for their prey, but the wolf, he can't reach the ysalamir in the trees. My father compared himself to one of the fish in the deep sea. I thought it was strange until he demonstrated. He layed out a small sack of fruit in the open, and waited. He told me about fish that set lures, something that looked good to their prey, and Once they had them exactly where they wanted, they strike..."

She smirked, turning off the holo-projector and activating another device on her bracer, one that beeped and flashed red in romeo's presence. A Tracking Fob.

"So I guess the question is, How does the Ysalamir escape the trap, Sin?"

Romeo found himself deeply entranced by the words of the woman before him. The story was beginning to make sense the further she went with it, and he understood each part to an extent. Metaphors were sort of Romeo's thing. He had once compared himself to the Dark Hounds on Eclipstica, deaf but keen senses in other areas. This was, however, not the case anymore. The more Joti went on, the more Romeo began to realize where this was going. He sighed deeply.

He looked around, no one was paying them no mind. This wasn't the place to get in a fight, this was a place to relax, and the people here were generally okay people. Romeo folded his arms before him as she finished. Indeed, how did he get out of this? The credits could help her see more of the galaxy for sure, but to him it was a nice lump sum. His bank had probably ten times more than that, and it grew everyday. What to do?

"Well...Joti...firstly....you've mistaken me for the wrong prey. If I was hiding anything, you'd have never found me." Romeo paused a moment to point at his datapad, it had never turned off, and continued to display his bounty.

"While I saw you glance at it, I doubt you knew who I was when you first walked in. Either way, that's not the point." Once more he paused and pulled out his weapon from his jacket and slowly placed it on the table, sliding it to her.

Next Romeo leaned forward onto the table his wrist together as his eyes looked into Joti's.

"I'm not going to make a scene in this place. You can take me in, get paid. But I guarantee you...I've seen more than you, and the person who placed this bounty on me combined. I wont fight you, but before you leave wherever you got to deliver me...I'll be walking behind you, the person dead. Or, we can always discuss more pleasant directions this relationship goes, cuffs optional."

Romeo finally finished with a wink at the bounty hunter and a smile.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

She shook her head with a smile at his first sentence. It might have been true, if he had indeed been hiding, she might not have found him. He was more so laying low than hiding. His second sentence was also true to a certain extent, She only knew to look here because of the tracking fob, and those red eyes of his didn't really show up well on the puck, She wasn't really sure until he gave her a name.

She was nervous at first when he reached into his jacket, with her helmet off she was exposed, but she reached in slowly, too slowly to carry malicious intent towards her.

Now, truth be told, in most cases she really didn't care about the people she hunted, after all the code is acquisitions, not people. She was in it for herself, her credits, and not much else. Romeo however seemed different from the rest, and his words weren't the ones she was expecting either. They made her think. not for long, but she wasn't used to thinking about the person in front of her on these little business trips.

And then came along that damn wink again.

"Cuffs optional huh?" she smiled briefly, glancing at the weapon that now lay on the table. "Well, Let's discuss more pleasant directions first, I'm listening" She sat back, ready to hear him out, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom