Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Show Yourself | Subjugation of Ringo Vinda | NIO

dn1fAkQ.jpg

T H E_T I G E R
Aiko Hayata|Pillar of Annhilation|Profiteering
Tags: Gat Tambor Gat Tambor
8foFMuM.png

Aiko nodded in agreement, it was true her own standing had improved in the senate in light of the ever so vicious rumours and hearsay regarding her origins and past activities. Atrisia, her beautiful homeworld was a jewel in the proverbial dungheap that was the core worlds, rich and untouched by war; it boosted serious economic credentials and business.

"I would suppose not having a rebreather helps." she joked teasingly, pursing her lips in thought at the prospect of becoming the public face of the trade federation in the core. Prior to all this, she was but a low-key figure who was primarily subordinate to Tithe and Tambor's schemes and plans. It all seemed to be coming together, in light of whatever happened at Kuat.

"The alliance are nothing but a bunch of politicians held together by empty slogans and rhetoric, it only takes a hung vote to upend anything serious that'd threaten corporate interests."

Allies: Koda Fett Koda Fett
Enemies: Jedi and Rebels
Competition: Tamzah Knaw Tamzah Knaw | Siv Dragr Siv Dragr

Landing with grace on his feet from his jump, simultaneously when Khefiir Khefiir fell unconscious from the shock grenades. A sense of triumph was felt within, but disciplined to not gloat over this achievement. That was reserved for cokcy Bounty Hunters, whom were often the least successful in the trade. Perhaps it was his heritage, belonging to a martial people that instilled him the skills and disciple to have an edge over his peers.

Putting stun cuffs on the Trandoshan right as the Mandalorian arrived, essentially reinforcing Amun if another hunter decided to act dishonorable and harvest the work of others. Nodding at Fett in return, before eyeing down at their bounty.

We’ll have to drag him to the nearest Imperial detention center,” stooping down to pick up the Jedi’s lightsaber and pistol, hanging them on his bandolier. We should find a landspeeder to transport him,” and do so quickly before anyone sabotaged their work, Bounty Hunter or Rebel. Though he wouldn’t leave just yet without his bowcaster.

"He said twenty. You've got ten. Ready yourselves and then hit the hangar." Rinoi ordered as the local rebels scattered to grab their arms and armor. He, however, kept hot on Tosk's heels and waited outside of the dropship for the locals. Ten minutes had come and gone and they were ready.

"Ready Tosk. Let's give 'em hell, Ole Boy." Rinoi said, projecting his voice as he hopped into the hovering U-Wing behind the other Rebels. "Enclave ain't too fa-" His sentence was interrupted as a digitized voice came through his comm. "Temporarily delayed. Stand by."

"That bucket of bolts! Delayed by who? Stand by for what?" His arms waved in frustration. The droid was supposed to be helping the Ringo Vindan Labor Union of Industrial Production get to safety, which it clearly wasn't. "Alright. Alright. New plan, Tosk. Amendor can handle himself. We gotta' go see about the droid." Rinoi shot up into the cockpit.

He thought about CH3 for a second. It was a hell of a droid, but Rinoi didn't trust a droid to be a rebel, certainly not one in an imperial body claiming to be a rebel. It didn't matter how many vouched for it. However, the droid had proven itself valuable before. It couldn't fall into enemy hands or be lost on a battlefield. "Track this signature. It should lead us to CH3." He instructed the gruff Ugnaught.

"You stand by! We're on our way, buddy." Hot and cold response, but he couldn't find it in himself to be mean, even to a droid.

Aol9aoh.jpg

SHOW YOURSELF
CAPITAL
Interacting With: CH3 CH3
Maijan Paisea | Keldar Saarkis Keldar Saarkis | Rinoi Ssiv Rinoi Ssiv

DjqGXyQ.png

WHITE KYBER
"Your analysis is based on old data," Melvain replied. There was no annoyance in his voice, just the tone of an adult explaining to a child how the world worked. They were close now. Just two more turns and they would be in the thick of enemy territory.

"Ready yourselves," he said to the stormtrooper. The sound of power cells activating and safeties being disengaged resounded throughout the group. The clicks and beeps of the rifles were then accompanied by the tell-tale snap-hiss of Melvain's pure, white blade. As an Imperial Knight, he was to defend the people and the Empire from any threats and with this white-hot blade he would cut out the cancer of the rebellion on Ringo Vinda. In preparation two stormtroopers rushed ahead, checking the corner and moving on to secure the next section of road.

"The Rebels are expendable. Unless they are a Jedi, shoot to kill, we won't be taking Rebel prisoners today." The Alliance would just deny them anyways. But how could the Alliance deny a Jedi? He was sure the lying scum would. That bastard Tithe would find a way, he always did. A memory of seeing him in the upper wing of some observation tower while Melvain and his fellow Sith "Troopers" scrambled for their life in what was supposed to be a training excise flashed through his mind. No. The Alliance could not claim itself Just while any of the willing Sith collaborators served them.

Volgin Alto

V

Kuat_Space.jpg

M A U L E R
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
501st STORMTROOPER LEGION
SCAR SQUADRON
Armor [Modified] | Heavy Repeater | Pistol

Atticus Draco Atticus Draco | Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken | Kelinna Tryn Kelinna Tryn
N5cG5gd.png

pF6xqMG.png

<"You have point but- if we're the one's doing all the killing...I don't see how much use they have if we're going ahead and killing all of them. Need a bit of erm- dispersion."> He remarked, rather casually as the two led their bloody path. The pathways and corridors mirrored much of that of KDY. It made sense, being that KDY was the most prominent, innovative, and oldest of the Galactic Graving yards and thus served as the template for most that followed it.

Ringo Vinda was little different. It made for a monotonous repeat of treaded paths but all the same, made well enough since that SCAR was ripped towards this task being the familiarity with the operation.

Another violent crack from Volgin's fist powered by the power armor servos of his armor enhances the already goliath strength of the Mantellian Mauler. To the sound of Draco's command Volgin's attention snapped towards the doors before eventually rushing forward with thundering footfalls, taking a position in the entranceway of the corridor and pressing both hands against one side of the closing blast door, pushing against the forceful mechanics of the entranceway as the Mauler forcibly kept the passageway open, nodding his head in the direction of Draco to pass through.

<"Move!"> He barked out. When Atticus would cross, a loud groan of exertion sounding out as he used the the full extent of his strength to force the blast door open.

dn1fAkQ.jpg

LORD OF WAR
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
DIRECTOR-GENERAL
IMPERIAL BOARD OF ECONOMIC DIRECTORS

Aiko Hayata Aiko Hayata
N5cG5gd.png

Tc3BDZA.jpg

<"Oh Miss Hayata, you'll find most every government or political apparatus is as fragile as a feather. It can all easily unravel. But that is not the nature of our being, not to change the Galaxy- merely to profit from it. The ways and nature of man will never be altered in any meaningful way."> Tambor stated.

<"But, you must respect the weight of what I ask of you. And I must iterate- I do ask this of you as it is our best road forward. Should you choose not to accept, I understand. But even so- becoming the public face of the Trade Federation will lead to a great deal of media scrutiny and criticism. I am used to and largely apathetic to such intrusions. I've learned the art of elusiveness in my days but it will be tiring, believe me."> Gat iterated.

Tty7Sv5.jpeg

R E A P E R
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
SHIPYARDS | RINGO VINDA
TAG: Atticus Draco Atticus Draco | Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken | Volgin Alto
GEAR: Armour | Sniper Rifle | Rifle | Pistol | Vibroblade | Vibroknife | Grenade loadout
irondiv.png

MOSHED-2022-1-12-11-29-50.gif

THIS MEANS WAR

Why did they always think they can retreat behind blast doors?

The squad was moving full speed, clearing a path whether by force or by blaster. Draco and Mauler acted quickly with the blast doors, to the detriment of the Ringo Vindan soldiers. The two men's orders to move weren't even needed. They were already through.

The corridor they entered into was like déjà vu, albeit slightly smaller. Troopers entrenched behind redoubts all over again, placed strategically in front of force fields. Lily pitied them in a way. They weren't on Kuat a few days ago, how are they to know? Facing down elites fresh out of said engagement. How many would see their mamas after this? How many mamas would have to bury their babies? These babies didn't ask for their leaders to be donkeybutts.

Now they have to die for those decisions.

:: Reaper, how about doubling your tally from Kuat. ::

Those poor men and women. To face down the freezing, suffocating death without even knowing what was to come.
The helmet nodded at Sarge. Lily needed a second before actually speaking. <Lock boots, folks.> she then said over the comms. She wasn't about to sacrifice more Imperial lives in this mad plan. It would take a few heartbeats before the bulkhead slammed shut. Enough time for Ringo Vindans and Imperials alike to get sucked out. She would like to at least minus the Imperials from that equation.

"Cover my six." she told Sarge as the Verpine precision was brought forward from her back and toward her shoulder as she dropped down on one knee. Another small target. It just kept getting better and better. She lined up the shot, not even paying attention to the HUD's metrics or the chaos in the corridor. It all fell away - her CO, her squadmates, other Imperials and their opposition. Just her and the target.

Inhale.

Exhale.

The trigger was pressed. The control panel on the field got fried. A precise mirror of a few days ago. Air got sucked out of the area along with those that had been entrenched in front of the now missing field. The void was ripping at any bodies it could find before a thunderous WHOOSH sounded as the bulkhead came down.

By then, SCAR was already moving again. The precision was flung back again and the particle rifle was against Lily's shoulder once more. She tried not to think about the amount of bodies she had just sent to the void.

She doubted her father would understand those actions.

2nd post
U3uAote.jpg

SHOW YOURSELF
THE SUBJUGATION OF RINGO VINDA

Objective 3: BYOO (Bastion)

THE_WOAD
New Imperial Order

IMPAF-Command
tvdUWCU.png

Interacting With: Aerys Myrrine Asanté Tsilor Asanté Tsilor
Ellie Ellie Baxter Weyland Baxter Weyland Archer Fallon Archer Fallon

Wwf3j6y.png

Wwf3j6y.png

ME, MYSELF & THE TIGRESS: ERSKINE'S READING-ROOM - PART TWO
6EGDHOG.jpg
The Great Imperial Library, Outer Fort District,
Ravelin, Bastion (Autummn of 874 ABY)

'You are quite correct, sir. And I am gladdened that this means of fighting for Massoud's soul is being facilitated, and so openly at that.... Be warned though, if or when the time for mass-martyrdom arises, almost every Kandaran on staff will make attempts to lay down their lives in search of Paradise. And when the time comes - the Qidiys himself will be one of those spirits named as our guides in our last prayers.'

The Kandaran initiate, calmly though his honest response was, had a resolve that surprised even the Lord-General in that moment, as all those of his ilk had before him. The warriors who arrived in droves to serve in the new Diab Platoon were mostly of the same heritage as the bearded trooper standing to the left of the still-silent Atrisian, but there were men and women of different faiths there to join Diab Platoon in either 2nd Battalion or the unofficial Martyr-Platoon who had sprung up as a growing social-circle in 1st Battalion also. Though the Mantellian would have the charge of the all-new Diab Platoon, Marić knew that the finally say would always be Shazzeke's in the end, so this process would only need the final say-so of the Major, so the young Captain would continue drilling the men at Sabretooth-HQ whilst his superior handled the clerical affairs this time around.

Not only for the sake of adhering to the chain of command, but in being the better judge of character and resolve alike - the Mirialan was ideal for this part of the process.

'I am Sergeant Samir Hassan, and I am a second-generation Sabretooth-Martyr. The first, as you know, is attributed solely to our Qidiys.... I was my community's Mullah before I left for Fort Rex, and I will call my brothers in Diab Platoon to prayer before the sun sets today.'

'I see no reason why not, you can go to them when we're done.', the Major began, trailing off to step closer and offer his hand in friendship and unofficial approval, accepted almost immediately by the bearded sergeant in turn. It was a test to see if the Sergeant still retained that Empire-renowned courteous nature after training, a quickness to humouring kindnesses of which that gladdened Captain Shazzeke to see still remaining after such a harsh selection-process, gaining a sincere nod of respect in the process; though more would be discussed between the two in the field someday, something the Mirialan could only hope was true in that moment. Continuing on from before, Nazke continued to hold the stalwart, bushy-browed stare of Samir as he said,'You'll have permission then, rest assured.... But first, the others.', with a cursory nod in the Atrisian's general direction before trailing off once more.

'Starting with 2nd-Lieutenant Saito, and you come with a reputation. Gleaming, to be precise.'

Straightening posture at the mention of the name, Saito's eyes would drift towards the Lord-General, bowing on the spot before turning his attention back to the Major and doing the same, and with the exact same level of sincerity at that, slowly straightened his posture again as he had with Lord Erskine just a moment before. There was an intensity in the officer's stare that wasn't often seen in the known traits of his soldiering caste, (nor in the known traits of his heritage) as the intensity was often seen as an act of poor emotionality in social and initiatory settings alike, but as the Woad and the Mirialan both knew, there was much more to the intensity of the Atrisian than was being said between them. Then, in the moment his head was set straight with chin tilting slight upwards in a subtle show of pride, Saito replied,'My thanks, sirs. I have been searching for a means to make a transfer I can be proud of, and now I know I need not search any longer.', offering a clean Imperial fist-over-heart salute for effect almost an instant later.

'Frontiersmen are heroes in their own right, but I have been willing to take my fight to the Maw, contrasting that,"Hold the Line", mentality of my comrades. I wish to keep fighting against all hope, even when all are dead around me - unlike my new friend here. No offence intended.... It would shame me to give in too early, as I would deserve damnation in the event of failure. Message or not, failure to turn the tide would ruin my clan's reputation also.'

Tied to duty, honour, though the latter term wasn't used as lightly among his people, bound by loyalty to a family with a prestige not too distant to that earned by Lord Erskine's ancestors, traits of which the Stormchaser admired greatly; knowing that his subordinate was an exemplar of his ancestral line, Barran was all to happy to approve his enrolment to Sabretooth commission, urging ever more to make productive use of that palpable intensity that was uncommon in otherwise-cold Atrisian stares. Letting Shazzeke finally take control, the Lord-General would lean back in his seat and return to watching the Major work as the Mirialan muttered,'Good, you're next in line to become my 2-IC by the way. So I'll be holding you to that,"Against all hope", statement now.', in his usual curt tone, remaining every part the renowned stoic in his response.

'Good, then that settles it for this pair anyways.... Time to call in the others! Have them fall in to the left of the Kandaran!'

The first in line was Aerys Myrinne, awaiting her passes and protocols to begin her military-service term, just as young as the Imperial-Knight walking in behind her, but with far more workable information in her grading-file than the one who the Empire saw fit to allow in heavily-redacted form. This was only natural, as there was much that could've been said about any trooper's life at that point in time, even more so if their careers had been illustrious; and in the mysterious nature of Force-Training and state control over access to information on such activities, a rather realistic contrast began to form between them as a result, (a glaringly obvious contrast at that) but one that the Lord-General knew how to abridge in his own devastatingly effective way. Ne'er the twain would want to meet in the field, but Erskine always knew how to make use of many playing-pieces at once, and to add to the positive early-appraisal, the fiery looks in their eyes were close to matching the look in the eyes of the 1st-Lieutenant standing to their left.

'Good to finally meet ye, Tsilor. You'll be needed t'sit o'er on this side o' the room Henceforth, you're in the Commandry Clique now.... Find yer wee spot while I have a word with the others, we'll discuss 3rd Battalion soon enough.'

Plenty to discuss on the matter of the new dedicated battalion after all.... Airborne, finally!

'Now as for the new arrivals, who among you has something to say on the Brotherhood of the Maw?', the Stormchaser queried after turning his attention back to the units still standing in formation, scratching his half-conscious tigress behind the ears until she began to chew and toy with his cybernetic left hand again. Looking back to IMPAF's latest additions, in both commandry and Sabretooth career-tracks yet still somehow appearing to stand comfortably as one entity in these moments, Lord-General Barran searched the gazes of every last one who still stood in line as he concluded,'After all, whilst the Galactic Alliance persist in their need to beat around the bush - we fight the real war for the Galaxy.... Playing Order's part in the Empire's war on Chaos!', rising to his feet slowly as Misha curled up and went back to sleep in the same spot Erskine had stood up from.

'And as for a war of this magnitude, I'm sure you all have much and more to say. But I want your say on the Maw's denizens in particular, an' let not the rank intimidate you from going all out if you feel it is necessary.... First, Myrrine! Then - ah - Ellie.'

SCGcxdj.png

B O U N T Y
T H E M E

Objective: Capture Bounty Targets
Competition: Koda Fett Koda Fett | Tamzah Knaw Tamzah Knaw | Amun Amun
Enemies: Khefiir Khefiir

To Siv's utter lack of surprise, it would seem that the rebel cell found him before he found them.

"Hands where we can see them," a voice called down from a rooftop. Siv looked upwards, his hands clearly remaining at his waist. Five troopers in mismatched armor plating and gear were facing down at him, rifles trained on The Mandalorian. The leader spoke with his hands firmly wrapped around the trigger and barrel guard, apparently ready to fire at a moment's notice. "I said, hands where I can--"

"Let's all calm down here," Siv suggested instead, his ominously-low voice contrasting to his words as he raised his hands slowly. "I'm--" he quickly thought of a name, "I'm here to see Aegus Amendor." His eyes narrowed behind his planet as he observed their confused and panicked reactions at the name drop. For a moment, their concentration broke. A chance--

"And why would you be seeing the General?" The leader of the five soldiers spat back, re-training his blaster rifle on Siv. Siv gritted his teeth. His chance to catch them unawares had gone past. He might need to take a few shots if he was to get past these soldiers, and talking his way out of a confrontation wouldn't be possible at this point. Hands still above his head, Siv flexed his left arm, activating his Whistling Bird rocket launcher unbeknownst to the five rebels looking ready to punch a hole through his armor.

"Matters of business," Siv replied coldly as the rocket launcher finished acquiring its targets and fired, five miniature projectiles shooting out of his gauntlet to whirl through the air. They emanated high-pitched whistles before they impacted on their targets -- one, two, three, four, five -- killing the Rebels quickly. Siv lowered his hands slowly, making sure that none of them were playing at dead before he completely relaxed from his surrendered position. His right hand instinctively drifted to rest on his blaster pistol, still secured in its holster, rubbing a finger down the handle.

He still had a quarry to hunt.

With a short burst from his jetpack, Siv ascended to the rooftop where the now-dead rebel soldiers lay, and immediately began fishing through the corpses for the item he needed. It didn't take him long to find it either -- he straightened, holding the beacon in his hand. No more searching blindly in the dark. Taking a slicer's key, he inserted in the beacon and clipped the device to his belt as the data from the beacon was uploaded to his helmet's heads-up-display, a map of rebel locations and other beacons, likely other bands of rebel soldiers, integrating with his view of the surroundings. Grunting with satisfaction, he lept from the rooftop and began on his alleyway pursuit once more.

Aerys Yvarro

A
R A V E L I N

MYE6EW3.png

March, stop - hurry, wait. Typical barks from the dogs who commanded Aerys, and obey she did. As was her role to obey, the clatter of boots as they were led toward the Lord General. She was in lead, marching to fall in line behind the Kandaran. Another blind and willful dog who would bark and bite on command like the rest of them all for the glory of their masters, for the only glory they would have would be in death as a martyr for their lords. The line of near-perfection held before Barran, the only despot was the Imperial Knight of whom Aerys wanted dead for no other reason than he bore the stain of the Force.​
The same stain that was absent from her, the one that led to her own mother leaving her, or at least this is what Fiolette had placed in her head. Whether that was true or not, didn't matter at this point, as what mattered was Aerys was now before the Lord General. Asked to speak her mind on the denizens of the Maw. Here in the Great Library that seemed to mock part of her heritage, she was asked to give her opinion on those who would soon perish, "I don't want to speak ill of the dead, sir - however;" She remarked plainly, her voice dripped with cold disdain. It rolled from her like the opening of a cavern, the way the massive boulder pushed against the mountainous rock. So too did her voice low, cold, and void of all emotions sounded.​
Her accent was indicative of two things, she had Galidraani blood and it had been cultivated by her Dosuunian roots. The land of the Monarchs, where any and all who pledged themselves to the Golden Era of Galidraan had gone. "As I am sure a blade bears my name in their hands, so too are their names written on the bolts awaiting departure from my blaster." While he had encouraged that they speak their minds, Aerys would only go so far. "They pray to their gods and I have mine. In the end, our blood spills for nothing more than the glory of war, but I will ensure that many more of them die for their gods, before I die for mine. Balance have mercy on us all." She spoke of the Balance, the Cosmic Balance that an ancestor - a Bakuran who had married into a family, this was then championed by their daughter and became the religion on Dosuun.​
"That being said, sir." Aerys paused briefly, whilst she studied the old goat before her, "while I am eager to watch them scream their mantra in vain, I am aware of their prowess and do not underestimate their abilities for death, and destruction." Dry as her voice may have been, as vacant of an expression she may have worn. There was still something there that spoke to the quiet hunger, the hunger for destruction and combat - a wave of anger that ran like an undercurrent through her voice. There in her inflections, there in her eyes the soft spark of desire, the desire for nothing more than to make every single Force user pay for the sins of her mothers.​

scar-squadron-header2.png

INSIDE THE SHIPYARDS
KNIGHT-COLONEL | 501st ATTACHE
IMP.KNIGHT PATTERN ARMOUR | LIGHTSABERS
SCAR SQUADRON

Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken Volgin Alto Kelinna Tryn Kelinna Tryn
MYE6EW3.png

Tty7Sv5.jpeg

In the instant of holding the door open, Atticus deactivated his saber. Replaced at his waist, with both hands he pried the entrance open as SCAR raced through to the other side. He was glad they were of the covert, special forces variety of trooper then. No time wasted, efficiency of movement.

In his HUD, the IFF lit up Mauler with a faded green tint. He saw that form applying pressure to one side of the door. Even as he spoke the words to move, the White Cloak was already closing the distance, not but a streak as the Force propelled him through the closing doorway with a whisper of his passing.

Once the Knight stepped through, he bobbed his head in an appreciative nod towards Mauler. As Vaiken had pointed out, there was undoubtedly multiple redoubts and contingencies for the group if they continued within the Yards. Draco had no issue with it, he figured Mauler would grow tired of the slog, and then Reaper and Sarge were accustomed to clean up duty. So the difference was null, to them. Teeth grinding, he looked at the trio and then back down at the barricaded path.

"The blast doors will trap us before we get through," the White Cloak said. By the time the vacuum sucked them down the corridor, they'd be flattening each other against reinforced turadium. His tone suggested more, but he figured he needn't explain the negative outcome that would be. "I'll throw you." Telekinesis was a lovely skill to excel at. In his case, it was nigh his sole ability, yet he had no reason to be mad. It had yet to fail him in the field.

He faded to the back of the group, his hand raised, ready to expel the Force in an explosive burst.

"Take the shot."

1ST POST
SUBJUGATION OF RINGO VINDA
Objective 3 • By Your Own Odds

313th Stormtrooper Legion • 'SABRETOOTH LEGION'
3rd Battalion (2,000/2,000)

zChNTis.png

Interacting with: NIO DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran Ellie Ellie Baxter Weyland Baxter Weyland Archer Fallon Archer Fallon

TSILOR'S LOADOUT
•UNIVERSAL COMBAT PLATFORM 'STORM' MK. V
SRK-65 PARTICLE-BEAM RIFLE
AP-25i 'SIMP' PARTICLE-BEAM BLASTER
•VIBRO-KNIFE

Wwf3j6y.png

POOR, LONESOME STORMY: AMONG THE BUCKETHEADS — PROLOGUE

TRAINING CENTRE ENTH-7, RAVELIN, BASTION, 19 DAYS BEFORE LORD-GENERAL E. BARRAN's MEETING
The leftenant of the 3rd battalion was running in mire and mud, training his men himself to know how to train them. After studying in Bastion Officers School during half a year, Tsilor took a training course of tanks and mechanised infantry tactics in order to be able to lead the 3rd Battalion of his all-new unit: the Sabretooth Legion. He heard about this even when he was a non-commissioned officer, following the Invasion of Nirauan led by the Maw soon after the beginning of the Second Great Hyperspace War. In the StormCorps, it was common to say that General Barran hadn’t done his work during this battle. But the Kiffar wasn’t a sort of man who based his opinion on rumours running in the bucketheads’ ranks; rather, his opinion took his source from facts and especially from what he did see from his own eyes. The rest did not matter to him.

But no time for him to think about that. He now had an entire unit to lead under Barran’s orders, and he was supposed to do his job. Fortunately, he got from the command the authorization to take his men for a couple of weeks into a hard training, to get used to those troopers. Twenty days — that was all he had to meet his guys. Four companies. Sixteen platoons. And even more squads. Without mentioning the tanks’ crews. Yes, the delay was short, but he was confident in his adaptability and in theirs.

<‘Sarge! Move left! Move left!’> his second-in-command screamed on the comlink. ‘Sir!’ he said to Tsilor, ‘we need your orders… Damn!’ and a huge explosion suddenly happened. ‘Damn Bastion…’

<‘Listen up everyone,’> the 1st-leftenant finally declared, <‘we need to get closer to those scumbags so… Group A, get back, you’re under 2nd-Leftenant McAlastair’s command! Groups B an’ C, with me: we’re goin’ to try a breakthrough in their defence lines! C’mon troopers!’>

The officer jumped over a barricade and then joined Group C which was a couple of metres before Group B. He put a salvo of blasts in two enemies and then got safe behind a vehicle. ‘Sir, we’re waitin’ for Group D news!’ Tsilor took the datapad the soldier drew from his coat and read the pieces of information that had been written on it. ‘Good, Sergeant. Let’s wait for the news. I let you those two tanks — but please bring them back when we're over, okay? G’luck!’ He lift his helmet, whistling in the direction of another tank’s crew: <’Forn-Crew, you’ll be my taxi for this ride,’> he declared in a smile while he was taking the back of the vehicle, <’You’d be nice to deliver me at the right address, boys!’>

‘Almost done, Boss!’
Wwf3j6y.png

POOR, LONESOME STORMY: AMONG THE BUCKETHEADS — PART. 1

GREAT IMPERIAL LIBRARY, RAVELIN, BASTION, LORD-GENERAL E. BARRAN's MEETING
The Kiffar listened to his superior: the lord-general of the Imperial Army, whose name was Erskine Barran. A strange guy, Tsilor thought, but surely one of the best officers among all the StormCorps, and even in the IMPAF. To the 3rd Battalion’s leader, he deserved his rank and his status, but not everyone among the bucketheads was according to this fact. As always, the Kiffar didn’t care: he wanted to see the general in action. He then observed all the officers and soldiers here, those who were parts of the Sabretooth. Hassan, Shazzeke, Nazke, Saito, names of people he only knew by name, but that he first encountered here, on Bastion.

Tsilor wore the traditional Imperial officer’s outfit, in order to appear more ‘professional’, as it was common to be said in the academies. Well, to be honest, he did care about being taken as a good officer by Lord-General Barran and all the Sabretooth’s hierarchy, so this suit was something really important to make a good impression in his counterparts’ minds. Today, he wasn’t with his men, training in a military centre; today, he was at an officers party.

'Good to finally meet ye, Tsilor. You'll be needed t'sit o'er on this side o' the room Henceforth, you're in the Commandry Clique now.... Find yer wee spot while I have a word with the others, we'll discuss 3rd Battalion soon enough.'

‘Good to meet you too, sir,' the Kiffar answered, ‘it’s a pleasure to finally know you, you can’t imagine. Thank you, General. An’ don't worry about me, sir, I’ll be waitin’ quietly until you’ll get time to talk with me,’ he declared after a light pause. He then put his buttock on a chair he saw in the corner of his gaze, now looking at the two troopers who were standing in front of Barran. The Kiffar did his homeworks, so he knew that the bucketheads were new recruits for the Sabretooth — but no more about them.

When Myrrine talked to the commanding officer, the only thing Tsilor could think was: ‘Good speech, Stormy.’

THE REQUEST

Calmly and with nervous intent, Ellie is awaiting her turn with the "Stormchaser" himself. She's heard some stories from her master Knight Commander Vane. She's heard of his usage of the Force and his triumphs in battles. But those are just some old stories now, the once young master is now confined to a seat hearing request and information of war without directly on the battlefield like days past.

Ellie wondered herself what her place will be in the distant future, will she be dead, will she become like Erskine, or is there something more to life that she's missing than just constant war. Ever since she was "rescued" by Master Vane she was put on a path of greatness. Vane has a step-by-step plan on Ellie's life to have her ascend the ranks. And this new step has her joining as an addition to a company known as the "Blisterbacks" from the 313th Sabretooth Stormtrooper Legion.

The reason behind this interesting step was as follows: Since Ellie was stronger and smarter in the Force than her peers at her age, Ellie should already be an Imperial Knight. Until last night Master Vane was frantically running around muttering under her breath. "Fallon…. Weyland…."

Ellie to this day has no clue what it was she was talking about, but it didn't really matter because hours after Vanes frantic whispers she told Ellie. "Okay El listen, tomorrow you have a meeting with General Barran where you will request to joining the 313th Sabretooths Stormtrooper 19th Company known as the Blisterbacks from the 117th battalion. I personally know Barran from way back when so it should not be a problem. Join them, prove how powerful you and I know you are, and you'll be an Imperial Knight ahead of my initial schedule."

As the memory of last nights conversation refresh her brain, The comforting voice of Barran calling her name while leaning back listening carefully felt like an attack that left her with so much anxiety. The thought of messing up this meeting and coming back to Master Vane having failed shook her spine. Not because her master was abusive, , but because she viewed her master like a mother- being that she raised Ellie. And now, standing in front of Barran, Ellie states her request without skipping a beat or stuttering a word. "General Barren sir, I request to join the 313th Sabertooth Legion 117th battalion 4th battalion 19th Company Third Platoon, Second Squad as a Knight Errant."

Aol9aoh.jpg

P A G A N
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
IMPERIAL SECURITY BUREAU
FIELD OPERATIONS GROUP
Zoraya Ives-Ayres Zoraya Ives-Ayres

N5cG5gd.png

He admired the woman's quickness in apprehending the man's motives and aim based on the intelligence they'd gathered before. Missing arms, coded messages. Was it possible he was an innocent man? Certainly. But that was only because the chance was never zero. All indications pointed to this man's involvement in the swelling rebel activity within the outlying sectors of the ever-expanding Empire.

"I don't!- What do you mean encrypted what kind of spice do they have you Imps on?! I'm innocent! I haven't done anything!" Thane grinned in reply to the man's proclamation before nodding once and turning to the fiery-haired agent at his flank.

"Tell me, my dear, how often do you hear innocent men cry out that they are, in fact, innocent? I don't think I've seen much of it myself...luckily- I don't have to make that determination." He motioned a hand to one of the troopers.

"Bring him in, the interrogation droids will do the dirty work on him, we'll search the rest here." Thane offers to the NCO who simply nodded along with the command before barking a command to the other troopers to make their way down the street.

As Thane began to slowly wander the man's residence, his crimson eyes scanning over every detail he spoke up.

"What do you think changed? There's been problems with dissidents in the Empire as long as I can remember but- something has changed, growing more organized...and spreading, fast, like a virus." Thane questioned critically as he went through the man's bedroom, throwing sheets from the bed and lifting the mattress to search for hidden compartments.

Aol9aoh.jpg

COMPNOR
IMPERIAL SECURITY BUREAU
ISB-873

Thane Thane
N5cG5gd.png

Her lips curled into an amused smile at the man's outburst and her gaze flicked over to him before seeing her companion's head turn towards her so she met his gaze. "Hm." She chimed. "Can't say I've heard it much myself, but I don't often deal with innocent men." She replied, as though she held absolute authority over the determination of guilt.

The truth was that she often operated on a bias, always seeing guilt where there perhaps was none, which may have had benefits at times but it also led to a stubborn inability to release even innocent men over falsely suspected crimes. The fervorous loyalty she held to the Empire was both inspiring and damning. It was indeed lucky that it was not up to their judgement to determine who was guilty. They were often simply the gatekeepers for interrogation.

While Thane dealt with dispatching the man off to the appropriate people, she placed the datapad on the side and leaned against the wall as she took the liberty to light a cigarette before idly following him into the adjacent room, picking up the datapad on the way.

She continued tapping on the datapad while he searched, her face contorting into a frown as she tried to decipher the messages. Momentarily distracted by his question, she paused for a moment before continuing, not looking up from her task. "I think there's been a change in sentiment. Now everyone believes themselves to be a hero." She commented idly. "Ungrateful swines. If they had the Maw on their backs then they'd be begging for the Empire's protection." Her tone was one of bitterness.

She sighed, realising she'd managed to evade the point of his question and had started on expressing her own irritations. "But why that is, I don't know." She finally looked up from the datapad, pondering her answer more as she watched him. "I've been all over this galaxy, heard all sorts of beliefs from people who truly believed in them, however misguided they were, but I... don't know why people turn their backs on the Empire. Their reasoning doesn't convince me. You're right, it does keep growing because they've gotten better at radicalising people." She pondered. "I can only guess that people become satiated, too content with what they have and they are promised more elsewhere; only they will never know how lucky they were until they lose everything or die trying."

"I just hope this isn't the start of something bigger, or we're about to have a huge problem on our hands."
The level of organisation achieved by rebels was certainly disconcerting but it didn't have to be damning yet. For now, they were playing the game.

3rd post
U3uAote.jpg

SHOW YOURSELF
THE SUBJUGATION OF RINGO VINDA

Objective 3: BYOO (Bastion)

THE_WOAD
New Imperial Order

IMPAF-Command
tvdUWCU.png

Interacting With: Aerys Myrrine Asanté Tsilor Asanté Tsilor
Ellie Ellie Baxter Weyland Baxter Weyland Archer Fallon Archer Fallon

Wwf3j6y.png

Wwf3j6y.png

ME, MYSELF & THE TIGRESS: ERSKINE'S READING-ROOM - PART THREE
6EGDHOG.jpg
The Great Imperial Library, Outer Fort District,
Ravelin, Bastion (Autummn of 874 ABY)

Before the meeting properly convened, the young leader of 3rd Battalion politely, and quietly cut in,'Good to meet you too, sir.', as he approached at marching-pace to sit at one of the closer reading-tables. Briefly taking the Lord-General's attention for a moment, it was clear the young 1st-Lieutenant was eager to make a good first impression, exhibiting a keenness for deployment at the earliest opportunity as he continued,'It's a pleasure to finally know you, you can't imagine. Thank you, General. An' don't worry about me, sir, I'll be waitin' quietly until you'll get time to talk with me.', which was well-received for more than the attempt to be as non-intrusive as possible, as the eagerness to play well with the rest of the commandry (and more-specifically, Lord-General Barran himself) was something the Woad always felt was needed.

'Good man, I intend to have ye tag along to the commandry's local after this anyway. At least there ye can reveal yer plans to better effect. Trust, it helps.'

Especially in times when strategic-advantages were always yielded through the peak standard of cohesion between the officers of IMPAF and the 313th alike.

'Alright, Myrrine. Fire away - with your thoughts on the Maw.'

There was an air of disdain towards her surroundings, just a hint, though just detectable enough to discern it was lingering preconceptions that would be put to rest with time, and perhaps, with professional and camaraderie-driven familiarity with the ones who considered it a sanctuary in such a fashion. As by then, it wasn't just the Lord-General who escaped here between deployments, all three of his IMPAF-knights were practically living in the Great Imperial Library by then, along with the Major Shazzeke and Captain Marić, but to lesser-degrees than their contemporaries - owed mostly to their duties as legionary coordinators for the most part.

Then, with eyes set firmly on the Woad, Aerys replied,'I don't want to speak ill of the dead, sir - however;', giving voice to the general disdainfulness that was almost resonating from within, discerned in that moment to be something the young soldier would have the hardest struggle against in her attempts to adjust and warm to the IMPAF-lifestyle, though not abandoning faith in Myrrine in any way. The determination alone was enough to allow Major Shazzeke to bring her into the fold with 1st Battalion, made all the more apparent to Lord-General Barran when she continued,'As I am sure a blade bears my name in their hands, so too are their names written on the bolts awaiting departure from my blaster.', finally letting out some of that wrathful fire in her stare, the likes the old man often described as,"That Galidraani Fury". Something the Stormchaser was hoping to see in particular, though purely on the fact Lord Erskine was sure Aerys would survive the brutal barracks-brawling experience if he saw just a slight hint of it.

Yet in continuing,'They pray to their gods and I have mine. In the end, our blood spills for nothing more than the glory of war, but I will ensure that many more of them die for their gods, before I die for mine. Balance have mercy on us all.', Myrrine's philosophical nuances finally began to show face, gaining nods of appreciation from both the Woad and the Kandaran in the process. Many and more had proven that people can grow and develop in mind and soul alike, with some others proving to the Lord-General that changes can occur from even the deepest-set prejudices and biases alike, so in seeing this early iteration of the soldier she was on course to become in time, there would be no real concerns as far as the sterner of the two youths was concerned. The Mirialan would also express approval, though in an entirely different light to his comrades in that moment, as it would've looked very much like a heightened sense of appreciative surprise, but the truth of the matter was that this nuance had Major Shazzeke so surprised that he was wondering if 1st Battalion really was the right choice for Private Myrrine after all.

'That being said, sir.', Aerys then said, trailing off briefly as her fiery stare locked in with the cold, baggy-eyed gaze of the Lord-General, studying him as she considered how best to conclude the response prompted of her by her superiors. What Myrrine would've seen in that small pause was anyone's guess at that point, an internalised quandary that would plague the old man for a while at least, as much had changed in his heart, body and soul since any rumours of himself had reached Galidraan's expatriate caste, and every part as much had changed in title, rank and contingent with it. Whichever way her bias erred, not much time would be taken to weigh her words as she abruptly ended this process to say,'While I am eager to watch them scream their mantra in vain, I am aware of their prowess and do not underestimate their abilities for death, and destruction.', finally letting the rage out for all to hear, though still very much reserved in the wording of her conclusion.

Oh, she's ready for combat. I'm sure of it now.

Intent. Real intent.

But I do wonder what she'd say if I told her those same foes adore us, an' fiercely at that.

'Good speech, Stormy.'

No' telling 'er the-day, old man.... No' until 'er first deployment's done an' dusted.

Turning head to see Tsilor properly, Barran agreed,'Seconded, as I dare say it was more honest than I could've hoped for anyway. We'll address it soon though.', pausing to light a cigarette and turn his attention to Ellie with a scrutinising eye, hoping for the young Imperial Knight's thoughts on the Maw in the same vein as Aerys' answer before her. This one was still very much unsure of her place there, like the library itself felt too large for comfort, a clear-cut contrast to the Sabretooth who spoke up just moments before, and this worried the Lord-General, knowing how confrontational his non-coms were, knowing that he recruited a vast majority of his subordinates on the merit of this trait primarily. The usual policy for any with IMPAF-aspirations was,"Greenhorns need not apply.", but with Sabretooth Legion, the likeliness of self-endangerment was much higher from the offset, and if this individual had no Force-Power permissions between deployment, the chances of fighting some of the toughest troopers in the Empire would increase very quickly.

If they didn't hold their own during the training exercises or in fist-fights with the others, it would very quickly become apparent if any of the troopers or officers there didn't have what it took to survive in the long-run, and Ellie would be no exception to this. Taking a few draws from his cigarette as he studied her demeanour and facial-expressions in the hope a fire could be found deep within her eyes, Lord Erskine couldn't help but sympathise a little, but when he drawled,'Aw'right, Ellie. Your turn.', the Stormchaser was still clueless as to what he would hear next, with hopes of a pleasant surprise walking into absolute destruction without a single inkling stopping these thoughts early enough to stop the Woad's first assumptions from being correct. He didn't want it to be so, but Barran's gut instinct hadn't failed him yet, but it pained him immensely every time, much like it would this time.

'General Barren sir, I request to join the 313th Sabertooth Legion 117th battalion 4th battalion 19th Company Third Platoon, Second Squad as a Knight Errant.'

Not good. But I've never been one to torment the uninitiated either.... Be kind, Erskine.

Sighing, Erskine's head dropped for a moment, eyeing the datapads arrayed across the table before him before he finally had the heart to address the matter, remarking,'Before I begin, please don't judge me for overruling your request. I'm only looking out for you, as these legions are very different to those you've been told about - very different indeed.', as calmly as he could for Ellie's sake. And yet, the Lord-General could only express kindness to a certain extent, as the 313th Stormtrooper Legion itself was a doctrinal reflection of his nagging disdain towards weakness after all, and making matters worse was the fact that seeing it in others made both his own and the Sabretooth-Troopers' thoughts turn sour instantly. Imperial-Knights often appeared unassuming, even out-of-place in some instances, but Ellie seemed an exception to both - even by the standards of her Force-Wielding caste.

'And thus my instinct will rule my decision today. You shall henceforth be attached to 3rd Battalion, 1st-Lieutenant Tsilor's battalion to be precise. Tested within the confines of a unit who are also working under test-conditions, safest place among us by far.'

'Now! As for you, Private Myrrine.... Your fate is in the hands of Major Shazzeke now, so keep yer wits about ye.'
, Lord Erskine said with endearingly gruff coarseness as he turned his gaze back to Aerys, happy to address a matter that didn't irritate him as he considered what best to proffer as relevant advice for a journey of that magnitude. Whatever was expected of the 313th on the Private's part would be expected almost tenfold of Myrrine in turn, for the lower rungs of Sabretooth Legion's chain-of-command would always see the worst, most-barbaric aspects of the war, thrown into the crucible like lambs to the slaughter. In a sink-or-swim domain, only the strongest of wills were able to keep their heads above water among the other Sabretooth-Troopers, prompting the honest approach as Barran admitted,'1st Battalion get the toughest engagements every time, appearing to be exactly what you might be seeking from military service.... Just keep your cool and keep with the pace of your battalion's movements, the rest is all you.', before returning to smoking his cigarette in silence again, hold up a hushing hand for time to conclude properly.

'Besides that, I have no more concerns to discuss with the four of you.... Unless one or more of you have a question for us?'

Aol9aoh.jpg

P A G A N
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
IMPERIAL SECURITY BUREAU
FIELD OPERATIONS GROUP
Zoraya Ives-Ayres Zoraya Ives-Ayres

N5cG5gd.png
Thane mulled over her words for a moment as he continued his search, his means and demeanor over the man of yet-to-be-determined guilt's property nothing less than apathetic and uncaring to any damage or intrusion he might've caused as he continued to rummage. He nodded in agreement to her sentiment.

"War's been far from home, wasn't that way in the Civil War, it was unavoidable. People knew what it meant to be threatened, knew the cost of strife and thus they stuck together, making the Empire stronger. But now that struggle is an alien concept, it's fighting over Chiss worlds and backwater planets, hardly the Imperial heartland. We don't have that feeling of unity that came from it, not anymore, everyone is a stranger, and thus- they have no love for their nation." He remarked, regarding 'Chiss' as an object different from himself. Because in all ways but in species, he was not a Chiss at all. Culturally, he'd been completely assimilated into the greater Empire and hardly espoused any beliefs or sentiment that might've come from his native Sposia.

"Everyone cherishes the idea of freedom, but the nature of man can not be trusted with such a boon. Certainly, there are those who go through their life uncaring and unchanged by the politics and policies made on worlds they've never been to...but so too are there, the hordes of those who revel in the chaos, who see order not as a means of peace and security but as a means of keeping them from their depraved aims. Kick it all down, and you see the true nature of man is an insidious one." Thane says, finding nothing of note his attention shifts back to Zoraya, plucking the cigarette from her fingers before taking a draw as his crimson eyes matched with hers, taking in the smoke before exhaling it as he spoke.

"There always needs to be some form of order...of control, and I'll gladly put down any of these terrorists who see otherwise." Thane says in earnest before offering the cigarette back to her.

scar-squadron-header2.png

S A R G E
INSIDE THE SHIPYARDS
501st LEGION, IMPERIAL SPECIAL FORCES
SCAR SQUADRON

Atticus Draco Atticus Draco | Volgin Alto | Kelinna Tryn Kelinna Tryn
N5cG5gd.png
"Woohoo!" Sarge exclaimed lowering his rifle as a whole platoon of tangos got sucked into the cold embrace of space or got gnawed in half by the emergency blast doors sealing the sudden vacuum. If it wasn't Mauler pummeling their skulls, it was Reaper living up to her namesake.

He lightly tapped Lily's shoulder in congratulations as he stepped up ahead of her, "Another batch of sons of bitches you signed off, Reaper -- at this rate the Emperor himself might end up field promoting you." a grin crossed his face beneath the helmet. He held no pity nor sympathy to the enemies of the Empire.

They all stood in the way of peace and prosperity.

The commander reloaded the repeater and nodded at the Knight's observations. The repulsorpacks on their backs were fast but the risk of getting smashed to death by a layer of blast doors was still there. Carving through the thick hulls of the shipyards with plasma torches was another option but one that hanged on possessing the luxury of time -- they did not.

"Good point." he agreed, "But it means you'll have to stay behind." he noted, then, "We'll secure the fire controls but the moment we do so all of their redoubts will along the ring will fold and retreat to wrestle control of the room from us." Sarge gestured at the long corridor up ahead, "You'll have to carve yourself a way through their back and reach us on foot fast. SCAR are tough sons of bitches but intel's got a company or two of fuckers defending this ring that's gonna come on our heads the moment we breach the control room."

Unlocking his magboots and disabling their auto-lock feature at vacuum, he glanced at Reaper and Mauler, "Ready?" when the affirmative came, Sarge would fry another force field's panel and brace for the hard blast of the Force launching the trio of stormtroopers into the void. The wave crashed into his back and nearly made him swirl around uncontrollably in space as he sought to take control of the momentum, adjusting the repulsorpack's own propulsion. An inch away behind them, the layers of metal strips came crashing down sealing the breach leaving Draco alone whilst the rest of SCAR floated through space towards the fire controls room as fighters darted and blasted each other in between them.

Aerys Yvarro

A
Aerys considered Bastion as nothing more than the place of her conception, where her parents sought to create another perfect child. Only, it had failed, and she arrived without any such gifts just as ordinary and as plain as most of the men and women within the 313th. She felt no love for those in her battalion, they were merely tools like herself for another's gain. Aerys saw them as simple as shields, meatshields to ensure her own survival - although she was surely prolonging theirs prolonged hers. As it stood, none of them had earned any more than a scowl from her. So she considered to aid them should they need it - if only because she would expect it from them.​
Nothing, no gift after all, was ever given freely there was always a spirit to the gift the hau as the Crytal Mandalorians once said. She took into account the return she was given from the cold, baggy-eyed Lord General. Woad and all, she knew of them - and in fact had heard of them from those who occupied Skye. Travels within the Imperial Coalition allowed her such a luxury, her family's fame bought her respect she had neither earned nor wanted. Part of why she had come through to the New Imperials, as the other part - she wanted to know who she was. Only through battle would the truth be revealed to her.​
Aerys acknowledged the Lord General with but a nod of respect and her attention turned toward the Major. She studied him as harshly as she did the Lord General, she had seen his kind on Dromund Kaas but they were a different bunch those Dosuunians - the Unknown Regions had a habit of changing things. She wrestled with the best of them in secondary, punted at balls with them on the field but when she made the journey - she did so alone. 1st Battalion got the harshest of the assignments? "Good." Remarked Aerys in such a manner that it couldn't be disproved, she wanted this. Let your reputation fall where it will, and outlive the bastards. She had no other questions, nothing that the Lord General could answer.​

Last edited by a moderator:

SCGcxdj.png

H U N T E R
T H E M E

Objective: Capture Bounty Targets
Competition: Koda Fett Koda Fett | Tamzah Knaw Tamzah Knaw | Amun Amun
Enemies: Rebels

The reports of blasterfire, echoes of explosions, and ashes floating through the air confirmed Siv that he'd found his target. The rebel base of operations was a compounded well nestled into the city, indistinguishable at first glance, but to the trained eye one could identify the power generators, wiring, and defenses that set it apart from the rest of the drab buildings. The concentrated fighting singled it out, as well, but Siv was able to scramble over the rooftops and through alleys to keep away from it all. He knew that he'd probably be shot on sight, whether it was a New Imperial Stormtrooper or Rebel, and he'd rather not take that chance.

Surmounting the compound wall was as simple as swiftly eliminating the sentry with a well-placed knife throw, letting the body fall so he could retrieve the beskar blade before he began his climb. Using the whipcord in his gauntlet, he quickly scrambled up the stone wall, propelling himself off of equipment that jutted out. Vaulting over a short ledge, he crouched low to remain inconspicuous as he made his way across the base's rooftops. Occasionally a lone blaster bolt impacted nearby, but it never seemed to be directed at him; more likely spare from the firefights below.

Siv knew that he could try and fight his way through the base as it was, but there were a lot of risk factors with infiltrating a base in the middle of a fight. But he knew something that could push the odds in his favor. Scanning throughout the base with electromagnetic sensors, he quickly identified where most of the electrical energy of the base was sourcing from: its internal power generator. He dashed to the part of the compound, making sure he hadn't been detected, before slipping down through a sidewall and into a door. There was only a lone sentry there, quickly dispatched with a slit of their throat; they obviously didn't expect stormtroopers to be coming from the rooftops, though not preparing for an aerial drop seemed to be a tactical oversight in Siv's mind. Then again, he wasn't fighting trained Mandalorian brawlers; most of these rebels were civilians that had been thrust into this conflict. Many, he suspected, had hardly wielded a blaster a moon's phase prior.

Pity for them.

The electrical generator was small, enough to be covered by two timed explosives. He set the charges, then crept out of the room, taking the time to familiarize himself with the passageways. Sitting in shadow, he observed troops moving throughout the base, most heading towards the sounds of explosions -- the New Imperial attack -- while a few made their way down a central corridor. "Commander is trying to get Evac on the line, no response," a burly officer coming from the opposite direction shouted to two rebel soldiers as they made their way down the hall. The command center was that way, Siv noted, and the target there too. With a thumb, he flashed the safety off of the detonator on his gauntlet, counting mentally to three before pressing on the button.

The two small explosions of the charges were hard to distinguish from the shelling from the New Imperial's assault, but the power suddenly flickered before going off, followed by shouts of alarm and panic from the rebels inside. "Generator's been hit!" Siv heard one shouting. "Get that backup online!"

Siv didn't let a moment waste. The dark was his ally here, his HUD's thermal optics allowing him to adapt to the near-zero lighting. Two soldiers rushing headlong he was able to dodge completely, less than a silhouette in their field of view, but he had to execute a few more rebels before he found himself in one of the side entrances to the command center. Here, unlike the hallways, it was being powered by a backup generator with dim red lighting making the dead consoles visible. A dozen soldiers occupied the cramped space, radiating out from the center where a man stood matching Siv's vague description. "Commander Kelso!" Siv called, testing, and the figure turned along with a half dozen of his rebels.

That was all the confirmation Siv needed. Raising his blaster, he fired once, twice, three times squarely into the man's chest. Kelso gave a surprised shout that turned into a gasp as the kinetic force of the blasterfire knocked his remaining breath out of him, before promptly collapsing to the ground. Shouting out in anger and surprise, the rebel soldiers retaliated but not before Siv sent three down with whistling bird rocket launchers. The others fired blindly, their bolts flying well clear of Siv, but Siv's optics and recording systems gave him the confirmation he needed.

The target was dead. His job was done.

He quickly exited the room and the base, making his way through the dark hallways, the same path he'd taken in. He didn't bother with any of the rebel soldiers, content to leave them to their fate at the hands of the Empire. Who knew, perhaps they'd live to fight another day. But with the head of the beast severed from its body, Siv didn't favor their chances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom