Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Should we axe divs?

Should we axe divs or can Chaos begin warning people away from lagging the website?

• Total voters
All or nothing punishes the masses because a few people are tasteless.

That's no bueno amigo.

I'd rather you set intuitive guidelines. Like-- in public threads there can be no pictures behind text (unless severely dulled), no gifs backgrounds, limit bright colors to just accents.

Seems like everyone would win then.

I keep coming back to Chaos in part because of the aesthetic. It always runs great (except for those outlier moments when Russian hackers and the CIA and the PRC and aliens are trying to destroy it). Weave divs awone.
Some posts are annoyingly overdone, but I can live with that.

Vesta

V
We have limitations on signatures, it's an extremely easy no-brainer on this. No gifs in div borders or backgrounds, no bright + high contrasting text-to-color (neon green on bright pink as an example), and less than 4 images in a post.

You're welcome

More than half ya'lls divs look terribad on mobile and really make it difficult to want to read posts.

Just sayin.

Someone get this lady a medal.

Half of this crap stretches the screen. It makes big threads an absolute nightmare, especially on mobile or if you have a slow connection or old laptop, and unfortunately if you can’t join the big threads you basically don’t exist in a faction.

It was pointed out in the other thread about DIVS that nobody ever reports how they look on mobile. I honestly didn't know we could do that. It also just feels mean. I don't want members to get in trouble just because I choose to view the forum on my phone. I'd like to be able to read posts but I don't want to ruin anybodies good time either.

Kitter Bitters Kitter Bitters

I feel the EXACT same way. It feels like a stupid reason to report a post because very few people are actually effected by it. And even then, switch to the PC could most likely fix it.
It's not like they're intentionally breaking rules or something.
Honestly, Divs should have never been implemented to begin with, it wasn't needed, it's not a QOL change, it's just more flair and nuances for others who will never use them and now have to go through even more lengthy posts just to get to ones associated with them. If anything, rules should have been implemented, AT LEAST, on day one, just like for signatures. If Signatures were causing that much issue, surely staff should have known Divs would have done the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom