Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Should I come back?

Second King of The Elysium Empire
I pretty much left when The Elysium Imperium, formerly The Elysium Empire, collapsed. That was about a month before Tef Thanos-snapped everyone. It was a good run and I had a lot of fun writing an Imperial King with relationship problems running an Empire with good intentions and bad corruption.

But now, both Loreena and Burtch are gone. They were my right hand people. I also have no clue what has happened since then. I tried to join the Bryn'adul comeback, but it fell apart pretty quickly and my computer needed some intense repairs, so that was snuffed out.

However, I like the mostly clean slate, I see that Tef stepped down (not that I dislike Tefka, but new leadership is intriguing), and I've been reading a lot lately, which makes me want to write a little.

So....

I) Should I come back?
II) If so, can anyone give me a very quick summary of the 'Thanos snap' and its' aftermath?

1) If you're asking if you should, I would take that as an indication that you're wanting to write, so I'd say give it a shot.

2) The 'snap' ( the "poofening" as it was called by most people at the time ) was handled different ways by different factions: in an IC way that made sense for individual factions that wanted to continue or new factions (accounting for the timeskip, in some cases), but for other factions like BotM, Ashlan Crusade, Eternal Empire, they were in the midst of planning for wrap-up of their faction's stories at that point, anyway. Otherwise, the timeskip was largely taken as an era of peace for the factions that were left on the map.

I hope that helps.

1) If you're asking if you should, I would take that as an indication that you're wanting to write, so I'd say give it a shot.

2) The 'snap' ( the "poofening" as it was called by most people at the time ) was handled different ways by different factions: in an IC way that made sense for individual factions that wanted to continue or new factions (accounting for the timeskip, in some cases), but for other factions like BotM, Ashlan Crusade, Eternal Empire, they were in the midst of planning for wrap-up of their faction's stories at that point, anyway. Otherwise, the timeskip was largely taken as an era of peace for the factions that were left on the map.

I hope that helps.
It does, thank you!

If you have hands, a keyboard and a desire to write then let this site be your platform and come back.

I don't think we know each other on that note but I'm happy to change that. I'm kinda in the same boat regarding brushing up on current affairs and stuff, trying to do that as I go, and diving into the IC seems to be helping me personally so lemme know if you wanna write sometime!

Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun

That's not a question for us. It's a question for you. Do you want to write? Do you have a passion for Star Wars where this hobby will bring you some sort of benefit? (IE: Fun?) If so? That answer is pretty simple.

I'd worry less about what's happened and focus on doing something new. New hotness, not old brokenness. Mix and mingle in the faction discords and see what there is to see. Try some First Replies, etc.

Either way - Hope you're doing well, best of luck!

I have said this the entire time I have been here, I have no idea what is going on, no desire to know, and still manage to have a damn good time just writing my character. I get by with having only seen the movies, and hardly ever hit up Wookieepedia nowadays. Most of the time, I have literally no idea what these kids talk about in ooc, referencing stuff I never heard of, with lingo that's not of my generation. I don't try to google half of it anymore either. You too can survive!

I pretty much left when The Elysium Imperium, formerly The Elysium Empire, collapsed. That was about a month before Tef Thanos-snapped everyone. It was a good run and I had a lot of fun writing an Imperial King with relationship problems running an Empire with good intentions and bad corruption.

But now, both Loreena and Burtch are gone. They were my right hand people. I also have no clue what has happened since then. I tried to join the Bryn'adul comeback, but it fell apart pretty quickly and my computer needed some intense repairs, so that was snuffed out.

However, I like the mostly clean slate, I see that Tef stepped down (not that I dislike Tefka, but new leadership is intriguing), and I've been reading a lot lately, which makes me want to write a little.

So....

I) Should I come back?
II) If so, can anyone give me a very quick summary of the 'Thanos snap' and its' aftermath?
EY YOU WANNA CRUSADE?

Man except for the Crusade guy yall got kinda deep on this guy, doesn’t even seem like he had OOC issues, just wanted to know whats poppin.

Poof was like 8 months ago? Terrible, terrible wound that the site has been trying to stitch up and recover from.

But I’ll be real, me stepping down was equally culturally important. I still help and exist, but others are calling the shots now.

Which goes to the most important part that I wanted more than anything, and I strongly believe is happening, is that a new culture is slowly taking shape here. It’s a lot more chill and writing focused, a lot of bad OOC toxic stuff is gone gone gone and the perpetrators of it also gone, whether forcibly or catching the hint from the majority. But moreso than anything, the playerbase is maturing.

It’s honestly very optimistic, in the conversations I have, for the culture, the factions, and the writing. These things that matter, and the reasons a lot of us keep coming here.

Edit: OOP i got deep too, TLDR: it aint at the height of our activity, but Chaos is in a new interesting era that could go any which way right now. Could pop off, could stay chill, could slip and die, no clue. She still runnin tho. I think on a meta level, a lot of factions that had been on life support for a long time finally experienced death and we didn’t know how to cope so we started writing to deal with the trauma.

Man except for the Crusade guy yall got kinda deep on this guy, doesn’t even seem like he had OOC issues, just wanted to know whats poppin.

Poof was like 8 months ago? Terrible, terrible wound that the site has been trying to stitch up and recover from.

But I’ll be real, me stepping down was equally culturally important. I still help and exist, but others are calling the shots now.

Which goes to the most important part that I wanted more than anything, and I strongly believe is happening, is that a new culture is slowly taking shape here. It’s a lot more chill and writing focused, a lot of bad OOC toxic stuff is gone gone gone and the perpetrators of it also gone, whether forcibly or catching the hint from the majority. But moreso than anything, the playerbase is maturing.

It’s honestly very optimistic, in the conversations I have, for the culture, the factions, and the writing. These things that matter, and the reasons a lot of us keep coming here.

Edit: OOP i got deep too, TLDR: it aint at the height of our activity, but Chaos is in a new interesting era that could go any which way right now. Could pop off, could stay chill, could slip and die, no clue. She still runnin tho. I think on a meta level, a lot of factions that had been on life support for a long time finally experienced death and we didn’t know how to cope so we started writing to deal with the trauma.
I'm glad things are going well, and according to plan. I think you're right about the life support thing, lots of factions were dying when I "left", and the logical thing to do when things go poof is....write an explanation and how your character dealt with it.

So....

I) Should I come back?

You're always welcome to join the Empire of the Lost Rexy old boy, Burtch may join up when he has more free time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom