Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should a system be in place for Companies to lose tier levels?

Should a system be in place for Companies to lose tier levels?

• Yes

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • I don't care

Votes: 8 14.8%

• Total voters
This is just a general question, cause I wanted to see what the general community thought of it.

Should there be a system in place for companies to lose tier levels? Yes? No? Don't really care?

If yes, how would this look like?

Normally, making things as simple and easy as possible works best. And this by no means signals that there is something in the works, but I thought it would be an interesting poll to post out there for people.

Thoughts?

If a business takes too many hits, they either go bankrupt or they downsize. I think that something similar should be in place, details? I know them not.

But that's just my opinion is that it should be in place. :)

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

I am for tier reduction. Might see an influx of reports though as people figure out things, but I think it'd be worth it.

Edit: Folks voting either way should be posting why. Not much of a discussion if you don't discuss. Might have some valid points or concerns.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
System, no. Ability, sure.

But? I'm not a: company, factory, fleet, tech, judge, codex, sh'modex person. So... Yeahhh.

Ayden Cater said:
Edit: Folks voting either way should be posting why. Not much of a discussion if you don't discuss. Might have some valid points or concerns.
Folks are, but I'll expand just for you, goaty mcgoaterton.

A report system would need to be in place and members would need to be made aware that the report system is in place and members would need to actively police the companies, as we can't instruct the FJs to do it - they've already got enough responsibilities. So this "net" wouldn't be an all encompassing net that would catch all companies in need of tier reduction. But it'd do more damage than what is being done now.

Then, the RPJs and the Factory Admin would delegate requirements of reduction to the Company FJs who would in turn review and deliver the reduction.

Any discrepancies would be handled between the company owner, company judge, and Factory Admin (or in her place, an RPJ if instructed.)

Jay Scott Clark said:
System, no. Ability, sure.

But? I'm not a: company, factory, fleet, tech, judge, codex, sh'modex person. So... Yeahhh.
I know a guy who knows a guy who says they already have the ability to do what OP is suggesting, but I am of the understanding that the Factory is constantly overwhelmed with enough responsibilities, is driven by volunteers, and is hardly motivated to throw extra tasks on their plate that the community is not helping out with.

Getting the community in on this as a whole is the solution.

Yes, on my part, for realism and my need for an eventual stock market (I will make one some day!).

It also promotes value in companies, rather than an indefinite growth or potential stagnation without ever going backwards in finances.

I believe they should. Might make interesting groundwork for other things.

I'd be willing to volunteer time and such to help with whatever I can and wherever I can.

I do have a lot of time on my hands.

Bianca said:
Yes, on my part, for realism and my need for an eventual stock market (I will make one some day!).

It also promotes value in companies, rather than an indefinite growth or potential stagnation without ever going backwards in finances.
This is sort've what I was hinting at, an economic system of sorts.

My vote is yes.

My opinion on how to accomplish this without over-burdening the Factory and Role-Play Judges is to take advantage of what we already have in place. Right now, we have a guide that explicitly states how to grow in tier. And we have a template/standards that limit the amount of locations and operations a company can have at submission.

(That said, I preface this suggestion by pointing out that tier demotion strikes me as a PvP sort of thing. Unless major events transpire where demotion makes sense i.e. CEC and Brokellia, then I foresee tier demotion being a thing that other players strive to do to other companies.)

A potential system would simply make use of the company modification thread and would rely upon other players to accomplish. You would have two "types" of demotions. One would be General Stagnation, and the other would be "I Stomped Them".

With Stagnation, a player does the investigating. The company has to be inactive by the same standards as Canon company inactivity and must be proven, in detail, by the player. (Aka, last submission, last IC company post). Once provided, the player requests the appropriate tier demotion for the company and the Factory staff treats it like any other submission modification.

In the case of "I Stomped It", require that corporate assaults with the intention of yielding a tier demotion must occur exclusively using the Skirmish tag (or something). Require that the player adequately tag the company owned being attacked, etc. These threads can be basic hostile takeovers, BDZs, whatever. But once the dust settles, the player then requests the submission modification and links the successful skirmish in their request.

We leave the degree of demotion up to the Factory staff, based upon the level of effort in the stomp threads or severity of inactivity.

Through these, we aren't relying upon the staff to do all the work. The players are involved and are doing the grunt work. The Judges are simply taking a gander at singular, submission modification requests.

The problem I see with this, or rather with attempting to implement such a system is the logistics behind it that would otherwise make it next to impossible to fully visualize on a site the size of Chaos. Not to mention those who have voted no (should such a system be implemented) and seeing that their voice doesn't matter. How do they approach it? Can they approach it as others are permitted to approach some of the Site Events? Would this be a secondary system so that only those that want to participate would be allowed to do so?

In terms of establishing an Economic system, I don't see it as being plausible, mainly because if we were focusing on such a system, the constant wars that are being wagged prevent truly established Economic Systems. From my own viewing, I've only seen about four factions that haven't been in constant conflict (I could be wrong) and most of those are relegated to the Southern Half of the Galaxy.

If you think about it further, the Republic and One Sith Economies should be hell with all that conflict and with how many worlds are constantly changing hands.

Another problem I foresee is the eventual PVP that this is going give rise to, in which members will specifically attempt to destroy the hard work others put into their companies just so they won't have any competition. Which brings up how will the system be fair? Will there be buffers in place to say prevent a Tier 6 from taking down a Tier 2 just because it doesn't like it, or because it just wants another company notch on its bed post?

How would this system treat the companies that are already being forced to start at Tier I and Tier II?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tsavong Kraal said:
...they already have the ability to do what OP is suggesting, but I am of the understanding that the Factory is constantly overwhelmed...
I'm not educated enough, nor curious enough, about the factory to comment further. Sry. Cheers. :)

I'd really have to see the system proposed before I could consider saying yes. While realism yes, and I'm all for that. Putting a system makes it open and available, I am not.

I foresee lots of drama and butthurt from such a system.
Ability, yes. System, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom