Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission Shatterpoint | Resolution

"If I can't shoot you to death, I'll just grind you down into a four-course meal."

As soon as Jasper had asked if they could handle the Sith, everyone seemed to spring into action, the one who had been drunk was doing something the exile couldn't quite understand and the stormtrooper was charging in seemingly to pound the Sith into a bloody pulp.

"I guess I'll take that as a yes," Jasper shrugged. "Good luck then."

Jasper turned, picking up the unconscious Iris Arani Iris Arani before legging it across the camp to where he had caught a glimpse of her friend.

"Don't worry about a thing," he told the notably still knocked out Padawan. "Not that you can worry while unconscious. Unless you can."

Jeez, the exile thought to himself. Lana was right. I suck at talking. This was a very accurate statement. Jasper had only recently become social given the fact that most of the other younglings actively avoided him while at the temple. As a result, he very much needed work in the conversation-skills department. Before long, he had encountered what remained of the refugee evacuation group. The Padawan's Mirialan friend was in the process of transporting two wounded individuals telekinetically, a feat Jasper would struggle to pull off. The other three seemed to be preparing to make their next move.

"Er, hello," Jasper began, awkwardly getting their attention. "Anyone here a healer?"

three.png

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

"Yes Master Valery, killing Kyrel Ren won't be no small feat. Although like I said only time will do that for us"

Valery smiled softly at his words and nodded, "Maybe, but sometimes I feel as if it's destined to end with a clash between him and I, with only one survivor. Our paths keep crossing and the intensity of our encounters has only been growing. But time will tell." She didn't seem too bothered by the idea that it could come down to a clash between her and Kyrel one day. She didn't fear the man at all, and she understood him better than any other Jedi at this point. If someone were able to stop him, it would likely be her.

For now though, it didn't matter much — he was out there somewhere, and she had to focus on her other duties. Leading the war front required more than just battles with the Maw's wrath, and she also had Padawans and other students to look after. It always kept her busy, but she'd never complain about that part of her life.

The woman's focus then shifted back to Silas, who she had asked about his senses. The answer got her to chuckle softly,
"Oh no, your senses are fine. I asked because, to me, the most important part about recognizing danger is just general awareness. I'm sure you feel all this life around you, and in your mind, you've already focused on it enough to understand it's safe to walk here."

"But that's where it begins — being aware of who is close. As Jedi, we try to avoid unnecessary conflict, and sometimes it's as easy as walking down a different path or taking the right turn somewhere. It especially applies to animals, who might attack only because you enter their territory or get too close to their cubs."

She paused a moment to let this information sink in before she continued, "The second step is to connect, and figure out if the life forms you sense can become dangerous. It's a mixture of understanding what you're sensing, and what their intent is. So for now, I'd like you to lead this walk forward. We're getting closer to less safe territory, so use your senses to guide us through."

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Phylis tilted her head to the side slightly.
"Hmm, it sounds like you have an idea here? I have worked with various works in the aftermath of disaster and it is never an easy matter. Assessing even what needs to be done will be a job which will take weeks, with funding and resources even further down the line."

The Jedi Master put hands on her hips, staring out over the devastated vista.
"Well, I suspect I should get down there soon. Unless you have other duties did you wish to join me?"

Few beings understood Beyond Shadows, and fewer still could harness it.

The Dark Lord had accomplished both, but not without struggle and sacrifice. To even become aware of Beyond Shadows had taken tremendous effort, let alone the means of initially passing over from the world of the Living Force into one of darkness and prophecy. Through obtenebration, the Dark Lord bridged the gulf between the two, drawing on the power that leaked from the Depths of Eternity to control shadows both natural and unnatural.

"Blind fumbling in the dark..." Mused the Dark Lord of the Sith as the assembled Jedi and errant trooper struggled against the power of the Dark Side. The meld had been disrupted, corrupted from without, and the young Padawan sunk into a catatonic state as the sheer power of nightmare flooded her mind. Fortunately for her compatriots, she had managed to sever the link binding them together before the corruption had spread beyond her. One of the other Jedi quickly moved to her aid, moving her away from the struggle. The shadowy wasteland seemed to part like a veil allowing them to leave, but why the Dark Lord had even allowed such a thing would have been baffling to the others.

As the Padawan Bamarri tore at the Dark Lord, buoyed by anger and frustration, it appeared as though the Sith's visage was dissipating like a hand raking through a cloud of smoke. The same happened as the soldier known as FN-999 abandoned his earlier tactic of ranged blasterfire and came face-to-face with his aggressor, fists flying. All seemed to fade away like sediment thrown into water, but the dark nightmare still closed in around them.

"Why do the deaths of refugees stoke your anger, FN-999?" The voice appeared to originate from far in the distance, starting as a hushed whisper but gradually building in strength and volume. "Did the First Order not kill as it pleased as well? Does your New Order not indulge in the same? Both learned well from the feet of the Sith." The voice echoed as it faded away, ringing across the darkened waste that yet stretched out into infinity. When it next spoke, it did so much closer, as though the voice came from right behind each of them. "Such venom in the face of inexistence, young Padawan. Did you believe the same when they forced you into an existence that was not your own?"

The water beneath their feet seemed to reflect the vague impression of a figure standing beside them, as though that same figure was standing as they were standing, but there was nothing there to cast that reflection. The figure's details couldn't be readily made out, there seemed to be a clouding haze obscuring them, as though they had been smudged. "What meager faith you wield cannot shield you from the darkness that is to come."

Be careful what you wish for.
““I believe in being a motivator.””- Walt Disney

Well, I am associated with an outreach program that is almost tailor made for things like this. I am sure that there are others, and bigger ones as well, but I would like to be a part of it, or at least get them involved.

Looking at the same vista, but thinking more about the flooded plains, as well as the tunnels underneath Kaleth, he wondered himself what it might take to rebuild a planet, again.

I’ve got time. I’ll follow if you wish to lead.

Allies: Phylis Alince Phylis Alince Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris

Anyone that wants to converse!/ TEAM LIGHTSIDE!

two.png

"Jedi habits are to protect and encourage others to safety as we stand before whatever comes."

"Funny," Alicio said, managing to find a grim grin at Rianna Organa Rianna Organa 's touch, but unable to budge from his position. "Because I make it a habit not to cut and run when people need me, either." How conceited would he have to be to take a refugee's spot on a transport?

Alicio noticed a shift in the air. The comforting presence of Iris Arani Iris Arani was completely gone. Concerned, he looked out over the area, shaking his head as his fellow Organa continued. "Fine."

But I call second to last.

When Inanna Harth Inanna Harth mentioned the medical tents, Alicio looked her way with a sudden stab of panic. What would happen if any of them couldn't be moved? He ran nearly as quickly as Amani Serys Amani Serys towards the center of camp, struggling against a growing sense of fear. Bursting into another tent, Alicio spied only one person, a man in a neck brace, who was thankfully on a gurney. "What's going on?!" The man seemed to jerk from his laying position, trying to escape, but unable to get up.

Alicio felt a sudden pressure in his head, an insistence that he didn't quite understand as he watched the man nearly hurt himself. Alicio spoke, his words carrying echoes through the Force.

"Everything is going to be alright," he consoled, as if he were sure of it. "I'll get you out of here. Promise."
The man relaxed immediately, though Alicio wasn't quite sure why. "Everything is going to be alright. You'll get me out of here," he repeated, with a smile.

Weird.

Alicio began to push him out.

Inanna ran off with the others toward the medical tents. She was not a healer, but surely moving someone from one location to the next didn’t require medical training, right?

The tent she entered contained a patient covered in bandages. Like Amani, Inanna used the Force to levitate them outside and toward the transports.

How many injured refugees could four people save? Even if three of them were trained to use the Force, probably not as many as she would’ve liked. Especially with the fight between Jedi and Sith apparently already claiming casualties.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el showed up right around then, carrying the unconscious Iris Arani Iris Arani in his arms and asking for a healer.

"Uh, she is," Inanna replied, pointing toward Amani, who was clearly busy.

“My baby!”

The cry reached her ears with a jolt. Inanna turned as a woman from the line of refugees waiting to board the transports came running toward her.

The boy in her arms started to squirm. As soon as Inanna set him down he tottered over to his mother, who scooped him up and disappeared back into the crowd.

Well. Looks like that matter was resolved.

<We are not the same,> Kai growled. In the Force he was bestial, primal, a wild force of nature. <I am young and free and alive. This is my time, not yours.>

Though he could barely feel his body anymore, so great was his spiritual assault upon Carnifex, Kai swung his lightsaber at the specter of the dead Sith Emperor, letting the Netherworld crystal do its work upon him. Each blow of his blade fell like a hammer, punctuating his words.

<You’re just a washed-up ex-tyrant who doesn’t know when to quit. Why don’t you take a cue from Solipsis and at least have the dignity to bow out gracefully? How many times are we gonna have to teach you this lesson, old man?>

FN-999

F

two.png
Objective: Adapt
In proximity of Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Arlo Renard Arlo Renard | Open to Interaction

X5Yx2PB.png

N I N E S
Cloak

His fist went through... nothing.

The Sith had vanished, his presence seemingly leaving the physical realm and forming an uniform sheet of shadow all around him.

"Why do the deaths of refugees stoke your anger, FN-999?" The voice appeared to originate from far in the distance, starting as a hushed whisper but gradually building in strength and volume. "Did the First Order not kill as it pleased as well? Does your New Order not indulge in the same? Both learned well from the feet of the Sith." The voice echoed as it faded away, ringing across the darkened waste that yet stretched out into infinity. When it next spoke, it did so much closer, as though the voice came from right behind each of them.

FN-999 visibly cringed at the unnatural force resonating inside his brain.
It was even worse than the Jedi's telepathy, the sensation equivalent to that of a thousand needles piercing his skull as the voice grew ever louder. Once more, the various utilities of his helmet and armor were useless against an assault that transcended the physical. He fell to his knees, barely comprehending the words the Sith was speaking, barely comprehending the unnatural void that surrounded him.

Just as he was at the peak of his despair, FN-999 was reminded of his first therapy session one year earlier.

"The Jedi and Sith alike have powerful physical attacks, but I am confident that you have the skill and experience to overcome them. However, your trauma makes you weak to their mental powers. You must remind yourself that these are only brain games. No psychological Force power we know of can kill you by itself. It is merely a status effect, a smoke grenade that detonates directly in the brain. No matter how powerful the manipulation, your body will remain intact. Strong-willed individuals can and have broken Jedi mind tricks without any harm. Remember, these are just brain games."

Just brain games.
Just brain games.
Just brain games.

The piercing sensation numbed slightly, and his thoughts cleared briefly.

Just a brain game.

The piercing numbed further, his thoughts returning for longer.

Just a brain game.

He repeated the phrase for what felt like hours, his strength returning with each word. His strength returned to his legs and he rose up to face the shadows directly, his defiance shaky but present.

No gun or blade would defeat this Sith being. Even a turbolaser strike would do little more than shake the ground around them. To battle a being who lived and preyed on fear, his only weapon was defiance.

"Yes, the First Order killed millions." replied FN-999. "So does the Empire. However, they never killed without reason. When the Sith betrayed our Emperor at Bastion, we executed them for their treason, cutting the possibility of civil war at its roots. When radicals and spies threatened to disrupt our order, we executed them, since even if they were not armed with guns or swords, their ideas were a thousand times deadlier, threatening billions of loyal citizens. When rebellions grew beyond our control, we executed the traitors to pacify these systems for a thousand years to come."

He now stood tall and proud.

"On the other hand, this scene here is one of senseless slaughter. These refugees are civilians, desperate only to escape this ruined world. Killing them benefits no one, removes no security threat, and encourages no rebellion. This is nothing more than murder for the thrill of it."

"Foreigners love to go on about the evils of the Empire, but at least our state functions properly. Unlike your cult of destruction."

Last edited by a moderator:
three.png

Objective: Talk with Master Valery
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble
div-goldiguess.png
Silas's senses were in fact in tune, for now, thanks to Valery's confirmation he was able to unfocus and give her a satisfied smile. He listened closely to what she had to say about his senses, ears prepared to take in every word she had to offer. Silas nodded in unison and couldn't help but feel more knowledgeable from the small lectures along the way. In many avenues the master was right, he didn't have to go head first into every conflict, sometimes it was wise to simply avoid it

"That's a good point master, sometimes the things you think are hostile are simply there to protect what's theres. That's why I must think about what I'm stepping foot into before I even act." animals and people had every right to protect their hard earned family or ground. In terms, Valery was suggesting to only act when necessary or ponder to discover their true intentions.

As they walked further into more contested territory Valery suggested that he'd take the lead on this walk instead of her. Without hesitation, he looked to her and provided a single nod, confident in himself that he'd be able to trust the force in guiding him. So far his senses had been pretty handy to him, but at times strange when it came to more dark territories. Thankfully, that wasn't one of those places so he was able to focus a whole lot more better than that.

"Of course master, I won't let you down," he said openly, walking in between some ruins of once great and bright structures that showed off a time gone by. His blue eyes gazed at them with slight sadness, almost like he was sad to see all that history go from the actions of a crazy group that tainted the universe "It truly is a shame to see such destruction... unfortunately it's something we'll never truly get rid of" the said in a lowered tone as they walked deeper into the ruins of an ancient town.

He could sense the former glory it had, all of which had almost disappeared from the bombings and falling rocks crashing into its ancient rocks. Then there was something else, a stench that didn't belong in such a peaceful place, and he couldn't help but feel it get closer by the second. Silas slowly came to a stop next to a ruined wall and looked up to Valery with an unsure face at first, but that was soon about to change. In a lightning fast motion, the teen snatched the saber from his pocket and stabbed the saber through the rocky structure. Nothing happened for a few seconds, up until a loud thump of a body crashed to the floor in a heap. In its hand was a combination of grenades, all prepared to let loose on them if Silas hadn't sensed his intentions.

Silas walked a few steps and peered over the wall to spot the motionless form of a flesh raider, a hole through his chest and face in shock from the sudden ending of his life "I knew his energy didn't belong here... and I fear ther-" but before he could finish, another man ran onto the balcony of a nearby house and pressed his lips against the nozzle of his war horn. Within moments a ear drum rattling noise erupted through the air, notifying warriors within miles of their confrontation and cries for blood.

"It appears our battle isn't over yet Master..."

TAGS: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Inanna Harth Inanna Harth | Amani Serys Amani Serys

Rianna couldn't help but grin so stubborn he is! She could hear her own sarcastic response well where do you think he gets that from!

Before there could be any more repartee everyone started for the tents. There was more movement Rianna turned her head two unidentified persons appeared Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el carrying another Iris Arani Iris Arani .

Rianna looked at Jasper and senses nothing but concern she nodded, "I am a healer" she moved her hand quickly over Iris forehead, "Get her on the ship, we will tend her there, keep her isolated as a precaution." there was the hint of an infection that Rianna was unsure of and touching had made her own senses trigger danger.

They needed everyone out of the tents. "Try to remember everything she was doing before she became unconscious" Rianna looked at Inanna, "Do not use the force to heal her I think her connection to it h as been infected" She couldn't think of a better term.

Riana then turned and ran into the tent next to her she looked about thinking there was no one but hiding beside a bed was a young girl her plantinum blonde hair matted to her brow, her eyes large blue and red rimmed but her jaw was set as her body trembled. Clearly frightened. "It's time to leave dear."

The sadness in her eyes would reach into the depths of anyone's soul. Rianna's empathy reached across the small distance between them and understood everything. The child's aura was dark and blue the signs of sadness. "I can help you search for your family."

"No need" Ahh the darkness, "then come with me I am Rianna it is not safe here please come with me."

"We won't be safe anymore Rianna." Was it true, not safe anywhere. Rianna kneeled down, "that may very well be true, but you should try to fight another day. Don't give up, don't let them think they are winning. If they think they winning they will definitely keep coming, we have to show them we will fight them"'

Rianna did not know if the young girl would understand, or even have the courage it would take to do this after a few very long moments she nodded. Rianna smiled, "Good. Will you tell me your name later?"

"later" They walked out together, "We need to look for any others"

"Get her on the ship, we will tend her there, keep her isolated as a precaution." there was the hint of an infection that Rianna was unsure of and touching had made her own senses trigger danger. "Try to remember everything she was doing before she became unconscious"

"Y-yes, ma'am," Jasper replied.

In truth, he was completely lost. The woman had mentioned something about an infection. Sith magic perhaps? Jasper understood very little about that stuff. He only ever had to deal with the occasional odd force ability, never... whatever that thing in the center of the camp was capable of. The exile tried his best to remember what had happened leading up to the Padawan passing out, just as the Jedi healer had asked.

Well, she was meditating, He thought to himself. That creepy guy came up out of her shadow, made a... pocket dimension? I swung, her friend did lightning things, that blind guy and the storm trooper showed up... Suddenly, he remembered something. After the Padawan passed out, Jasper had taken her away from the battle. How had he slipped away so easily? It was almost as if their escape wasn't luck. Maybe it was intentional. Whatever her reason to break her focus was, it must have been for that very reason: This infection the Jedi had mentioned.

"She severed the meld to protect us from something," the exile reasoned. "That lunatic let me walk out of there with her for a reason." Jasper let out an exhausted sigh. "When this is over, someone has to explain what's going on. My brain is starting to hurt."

Thankfully Amani was able to find a few more aides who could escort her injured patients in a more traditional manner. With them taken care of, she continued to help the flow of refugees as her attention gradually came back to the group from before.

One new arrival in particular caught her attention, "Iris!" The padawan was out cold, already being looked over by the others. Amani rushed to her side and reached out, sensing the lingering darkness that had forced her to sever the Force meld so quickly. "She's-" alive. Thankfully. Not the kind of call she wanted to give to Valery any time soon.

Amani spared a glance to the young man that had carried her over, "I'll take you to the transport," She left little room for debate. Iris wasn't going to leave her sight again until this was all said and done.

Now if Kai could just keep himself alive, Amani wouldn't feel like a complete failure of a chaperone today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom