Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadows over Iferetes.

"You do realize how dangerous and stupid this sounds right? and what if you can outrun it, we both know im better against something or someone in an actual fight, im doing the distraction work if you want my help, no buts about it. Got it Lilythe?" He leaned back in the chair as he picked up the bowl and ate slowly in comparison to how she tore through the meal, he even wore a grin at how she ate it but kept the silent comment brewing in his mind to himself, as the joke might not be received so well. He savored the taste for a moment and sighed, warm food after a night in the cold, certainly the most welcome meal of the week.

Carliah Dakrone

Walking the Path to Redemption
"I'm faster, I'm better with a bow, I'm sneakier, and I'm more agile. I'm doing the distraction work... Besides... This isn't even your job. I'm not putting you in harm's way.... Your father would kill me." Lilythe had finished eating was looking at Arthur once again. Her expression was completely serious. She knew his father cared little for the fates of the smaller settlements. If Arthur were harmed trying to help her, she would disappear without a trace and they both knew it. She would still go after the bear, with or without him, but she felt safer knowing Arthur would be nearby to help if she needed him too. She would not change her mind about who was doing the distracting. If Arthur didn't like it, he didn't have to help.

:You do realize that just like you im not letting this drop, i can use any other weapon a hundred times better than you, versatility beats the abilities you command Lilythe, just let me be the distraction and we can defeat thins thing much more easily than with you as the distraction and me taking pot shots and not trying to hit you as i do. OR would you rather receive and arrow in the back for being stubborn because im sure that would serve us well in this situation." He smiled and set the half eaten stew down while he sat there and leaned forward once more to stare directly at her while he had spoken.

Carliah Dakrone

"An arrow in the back is better than your father torturing me for getting you killed. I'll stay out of your way until it becomes necessary for me to distract it. I'm faster than you, I react quicker than you, and I'm more agile than you. I will be fine. If you don't like my decision, don't come. The choice is yours." She told him harshly. She had many other reasons of course for not wanting him to do the distracting, but the excuse of being afraid of his father was a good cover for the many other reasons she could think of. She stood up from the table, grabbing her bowl and setting it on a counter. She'd wash it later. "I will be fine. Stop arguing or I'll put a dagger through you." She smiled softly at the threat, it was more of a joke between the two of them than anything. When they had first met she had threatened to put a dagger through him for scaring off her dinner.

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

Warden, Traveler, Hopeless Romantic
@[member="Lilythe"] @[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]
Young in Spirit's Crew/Passengers (If any of you guys want to tag along): @Delila Castillon @Lendo Dral @stardust @Cab Khan @Janus Rogo

Speaking of life on other planets,
In orbit of Iferrets,

Space would flash with light briefly as a ship entered the realspace, it was the adventuring ghost ship the Young in Spirit, yay.

On the ship's bridge stood its Captain, Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae, grumbling and clenching his jaw as he watched the white surface of the planet.
"What do you mean we are lost?!"
He looked to Second-in-Command
"I mean I am not familiar with this planet, or this sector of space, and I have no idea where the next known planet is."
Sammo reached to rub his temples as he brought his palm to his face
"What is the navigation droid saying?"
Second-in-Command walked over to one of the consoles, looking down at the screen as he tapped on it before he looked back up to Sammo.
"He is dead, Sammo. Did you remembered to order repairs for him when we were stopping in Corellia?"
Sammo rolled his eyes
"I can not remember everything, it's your job to remind me those things!"
Second walked back to his station near the captain's chair, looking at his consoles
"I did, you were staring at Lady Castillon's holo-picture and waved me away."
Sammo sighed, brushing his hand through his hair
"Alright, alright, anchor us and put me up on intercom speakers."
"Roger-roger."
Second replied tapping on the panels in front of him a few times before he motioned to the microphone

"Hellooo, crew and passengers, this is Captain Sammo speaking, it seems we are having a bit of a navigation malfunction on board. We really have two things to do with it right now, repair the navigation droid unit, which will take time, or go down to the planet's surface and investigate."
He smirked slightly
"Now I don't know about you, but I am always up for a bit of exploring, so, in ten minutes I will be gathering in the hangar anyone who wishes to join me in seeing what is on this planet's surface, we will be leaving in fifteen minutes. If you wish to stay behind and volunteer to help speed up the repairs of our navigation unit, find me in the hangar and I will tell Second-in-Command you will be helping."
He looked out of the viewing port
"We don't know what the gas make-up of the planet is and it looks like an ice-planet, so please wear air-tight pressure-sealed survival suits adapted to cold temperatures if you will be going down there with me, I don't want any of you to be freezing to death or getting poisoned, alright? Well, may the Force be with you and adventure at your side."
He clicked the microphone off with another chime, setting it aside as he sighed and looked to Second.

"Bridge is yours until I'll be back from the surface, focus on having that unit repaired, and stay safe."
"Roger-roger."
Second replied passively before Sammo nodded and disappeared in the doors leading to the bridge.

@[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"] @[member="Lilythe"]

Arthur sighed and stood slowly as he left his bowl sitting there, breathing in before he spoke. "Will you just stop it, you and me both know that you could disappear if something happened to me and that i do reckless things with or without you around. Got it? Now im going for a walk, ill be back in about ten to twenty minutes Lilythe, dont go after the thing until i get back or you will not only have the Ursin to worry about but me too." Without another word he left and swung up on top of the Equitin, kicking it and forcing it into a run back to where he kept his things, he would need his best equipment for this. He had a nagging feeling though, something had just happened and it was very different from only twenty seconds before. Maybe it was the way he had spoken to her, for what ever reason he felt like looking up and sighing as a fog of breath erupted out infront of him and he continued onwards to his cache.

Carliah Dakrone

Lilythe set about sharpening her blades and soaking some of her arrows in oil in an attempt to prepare for her upcoming battle with the Ursin. She would not go without Arthur, but she would not let him do the distraction. All of the ground work was hers to bear. She glanced up at the door once in awhile to check and see if he was back. She had always been an impatient person, and even more so with the sudden presence in the air. Something felt wrong, and she didn't think it stemmed from the Ursin attacking the village. "After this... We may have another problem to deal with," She whispered to herself as she continued her preparations.

Arthur entered the hut again, this time with a blade at his side, spear in hand, and shield on his back. He grinned as he stood there in the armor that was strapped to his body and with a grin on his face. "Well, lets get this over with, that thing isnt going to just sit there and wait for us now is it? We dont want to lose any chance of finding it in this cold and dark forest where demons of the gods dwell and feast upon the souls of the innocent and the young." He spoke that way with a certain glee to his words, he loved the old books that were in shelves back home and it was speech and phrases like that that he found most entertaining. Philosophy and Poetry were powers that no sword could defeat and it was through such that cultures and empires rely upon else they fall under the weight of their own corruption. The thought caused an even larger grin as he made a quick bow to Lilythe and moved out of the door way. "After you fair maiden of the planet of eternal winter and frost, wouldnt want to keep a beast waiting for beauty to strike it down."​

Carliah Dakrone

Lilythe blushed, luckily it was hidden by her hood. "Keep talking such nonsense and you'll lose some teeth, Sir Arthur of the Frost and Snow." She replied as she laced up her boots and followed him. She passed him a spare bow, a quiver, and a bow with flint and steel in it. "When we find it, climb a tree, wait for it to start eating, and then set fire to those arrows and let them fly. The arrows have been soaked in oil too try and keep them burning." She didn't leave any room for argument as she walked past him and swung up onto the back of her Equitin. She checked to make sure Arthur was following before trotting off in the direction she had found the little boy's remains in. She had a pack loaded with extra meat from the wolf and some meat from an elk she had shot earlier in the week.

He sighed and followed her out the the Equitin and pulled himself on top of the creature, kicking his feet into its sides to urge it after her while he held onto his supplies, his hand resting on the spear as he rode and kept it leveled for quick use. If he needed to fight, he would run the weapon through his enemy and keep on going without pause. The nagging feeling he had though that something was very wrong with the area around him, he just couldnt place what it was or why he felt this way, there had to be some reason for such thought. His eyes scanned over the forest's dark depths, ten meters ahead, maybe twenty was where his eyesight would allow him no further information so if something decided he was worth the trouble he would need to stay active else be slain.

Carliah Dakrone

Within a few hours they had reached the site where the remains were found. Lilythe made swift work of tracking the beast to a cave not far from the site where the little boy's bones had been recovered. She tosses the remains of the Hirion carcass as well as the left over elk meat into a clearing in front of the cave and gestured for Arthur to climb one of the nearby trees. She slid behind the trunk of one tree. She would stay on the ground in case anything happened. She had her bow in hand with an arrow already on this string. The head of this arrow was a bit broader and sharper than a standard arrow and it was slightly heavier, designed to punch through armor, or in this case, thick skin and fat. She just hoped it would be enough if things didn't go as planned.

Arthur took position and sat down in the Y of the tree, his arrows beside him as he notched one and pulled back on the pulley bow before placing the tip on teh bark, a quick strike is all he need to and it would be lit. Then it would simply let the missile fly to its target, but until then he kept his eye on Lilythe, he would need to make sure she did nothing stupid, or rather more stupid than what he planned to do incase things went wrong. His hands tightened and loosened as he waited, his eyes keen and focused and his breath short and controlled, everything was ready and all he needed was his prey.

Carliah Dakrone

The Ursin lumbered out of the cave slowly, oblivious to them due to the strong scent of bloody meat in front of it's gave. Lilythe gave a low whistle, similar to the sound of a bird, to signal that Arthur should begin shooting, she darted out from behind the tree, firing one of the armor piercing arrows she carried at the large animal before diving behind the adjacent tree. She could feel the adrenaline pulsing through her veins as she heard the arrow make contact with the bear. She was preparing to fire another arrow as soon as Arthur shot off one of his flaming ones.

Arthur spent no time worrying about being careful, his hands moved and drew the head of the arrow over the flint he had nearby, lighting the oil soaked rags around the shaft of the arrow before firing it into the pelt of the beast, he would continue this several times until all half dozen arrows hit the Ursin. Once done he secured the bow to the tree and drew his blade and shield off his back, no matter what Lilythe said, he would be ready to jump into the fray and to distract the beast long enough for her to get a clear shot if she needed it, otherwise he would stay put and just watch.

Carliah Dakrone

Lilythe ducked around her current tree and fired off another of the armor piercing arrows. As she was diving for the next tree however, her cloak got snagged on a branch. She struggled to free herself, but the beast had arleady spotted her and pelted towards her. She didn't even have time to be scared before the beast came barrelling into her. One of it's large paws swung down at her, she rolled to side in an attempt to avoid it, tearing her cloak free in the proccess but the heavy paw clipped her side. She nearly screamed in pain as the razor sharp claws tore through her flesh like a hot knife through butter. None of her internal organs were damaged but the gash went straight through her flesh showing the white on bones in her ribcage if one were to peer into the cut. She pressed her hand over it to try and stem the flow of blood from the wound. She rolled to the side again, avoiding another blow from the heavy paw. She screamed desperately for Arthur to help her. The pain in her side was making her head swim and if this didn't end soon she would die from the blood loss. She managed to get behind a tree, confusing the bear. She wasted no time tearing her cloak off and tying a large strip of it around the wound. She knew it wasn't enough to save her life. She hoped desperately that Arthur would be able to do something before she was beyond the point of saving.

Arthur dropped down the moment her cloak had been snagged and grabbed his spear after sheathing his sword, banging it on the shield and grinning with the wide grin that he wore quite easily, hes eyes challenging the bear. As it turned he did something that only a pure moron would even think of doing, charging the bear and leveling the blade as it came barreling down. And when its claws came down, his spear shot forward and his shield raised and there was only a gush of blood as all fell silent. Kneeling with the spear skewering the bear's head, running right through the mouth and into its brain, was Arthur with the bear's claws caught on the shield and thoroughly sunk into the metal. He was lucky, if he had missed all would have been over now. His dropped the spear and turned, shouting out Lilythe's name quickly as he moved. "Lilythe, come out, are you ok?" (Wrong account, meant to be Arthur

Carliah Dakrone

Lilythe merely moaned in pain. Her head was swimming and black spots danced across her vision. She tried to raise her arm to wave to Arthur from where she rested, 3 feet from him, behind a tree, but her arm fell limply back to the ground. "Am I going to die?" She didn't realize she had said the words out loud. So many thoughts were swimming through her head. She was only 23 years old, she still had a life ahead of her. She still had things she needed to do with that life. She still had something important she had to say. She couldn't die, not now, not like this. She moaned softly again, trying in vain to roll on her side. One thought rang clear through her mind as she lay on the ground in a steadily growing pool of blood. 'I'm glad I didn't let him do the distracting.'

@[member="Lilythe"]

"You stupid moron, you should have just let me do it from the beginning. Come on we need to get you inside and out of the weather, no way are we going to reach your home with you in that condition." He rushed over to her and pretty much carried her to the now vacant cave before laying her down and instantly getting to work, both of them knew how to dress wounds, and it always felt like he was fixing her up instead of the other way around, certainly something he would need to rectify the moment he got the chance too, though there was no way he was going to get her back to normal alone, he needed a miracle if she ever wanted to do what she could before and only the gods could bring him that now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom