Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadows over Iferetes.

((If you have an Infereti, do join, welcome to have you))

The swirling snow and loose leaves that flooded the acres of forest behind me filled the air, carried by the chilling westward wind. Before the snow reach the tree line in the north, an expanse of clear land is present. This clear land, void of trees, stretches the entire length of the tree line and is nearly thirty meters wide and was covered in the snow that had fallen the night before. The sky was clear as the morning sun rose in the west, signaling the start of the day.

I knelt shrouded by thick trunk of a tree as I moved toward the edge of the clearing, my pulley bow at the ready. Watching both the meat I had left on the ground fifteen meters out, and the forest to my left about thirty meters away, counting off the seconds in my head while i waited for my prey.

The rustle of leaves turned my full attention to a clump of winter ferns on my left. Moving back a few paces, I leveled my bow to see a grey wolf, its fur dirty and clumped, limp out of the ferns and close in on the meat. As it began to gorge itself, tearing at the meat as if it hadn’t eaten in weeks. I aimed carefully, peering straight at its heart; I pulled back on the string and held my breath, holding the arrow for but a moment longer. I released the arrow and less than a second later the wolf dropped, giving a quick series of spasms before falling motionless.

I stood, my muscles aching from having slept on the snow covered and cold ground for the night. Pushing through the the two foot high snow, I entered the clearing where the wolf’s corpse lay. Its jaw remained closed around the meat that had been used as bait and as I knelt down beside the beast, I noticed the wolf’s leg had been crushed at the joint. Curious about what may have caused such an injury I searched for any more signs, only finding a shard of bone broken off in its side.

He whistled once and waited, his companion should be along shortly as he had made sure to bring her with him and the Equitan (Winter Horse of Iferetes) that she would have brought. The Large four legged creature would certainly be needed.

Carliah Dakrone

Walking the Path to Redemption
Lilythe trailed behind a few moments later, leading the two horse like Equitins behind her. She smirked at her companion. He was a good hunter even by her standards which were quite high due to her expert skills with ranged weapons. She walked closer, moving silently as she did. "Well it seems like you've had some luck already." She told him as she watched him inspecting the wolf. She had known Arthur for eleven years now. She still remembered they day he found her in the woods. She had been hunting and had startled the deer she was about to take down. She chuckled softly as she remembered shouting angrily at him that because of his mistake she wouldn't be able to eat. He had laughed softly at her and they began talking. When he discovered the nature of her living situation he had taken her back to the Matriach settlement he lived in. A few years later she had been apprentice to the towns Kintec and when her master died she had taken his place. She realized she was laughing and stopped quickly, adopting the same Stoic, controlled expression she always wore.

He glance to the side as she came out with the two creatures and patted its side before pulling the wolf up over it, which the feat alone took about two minutes, and climbed up holding onto the reins of the tall horse. The Planet of eternal winter had created facinating and threatening creatures that he knew by a single look and he would have to hurry back to the capital before the end of the day, but that was long from now. "Lilythe, thank you for bringing the animals quickly, come along i think its about time we returned to your settlement no? Sleeping all night on the snow can certainly make someone want the warmth of a fire or building over this wonderland." He looked her way and waved his hand to her own creature, waiting for her to get up before he started off.

It was beginning to snow again, like it always did, it was a wonder this planet wasnt covered in thirty meters of snow already much less the two feet on the ground below him. He held out his hand and made the snow spiral infront of him, basic use of the Druidic (The force) Arts was something he had been taught but he had not extensive training and as such could do little more than that.

Carliah Dakrone

Lilythe swung up onto her own mount and followed Arthur as they rode off to her cabin. The settlement that he lived in was only a little further than her cabin, but she was glad Arthur wasn't planning to go there. She still felt uneasy around the other villagers even though she had lived among them since she was 12. They were uneasy around her as well, due to her status as a Kinthec. She was charged with upholding the laws of the settlement and so was a bit of an exile among the others. She sometimes wished she could make friends with some of them, but she was content with having only Arthur as well. He had saved her from a rough life of living in the wilderness, and introduced her to her former master who trained her to be a Kinthec. She smiled slightly at the memory, but it was hidden by the black hood she always had pulled up over her head. @[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]

Arthur looked up and smiled as he looked at the falling snow, his blue eyes peering up at the clouds as they hovered above them. "Youre quiet, something wrong?" Her let his eyes slide towards her without turning his head in the least bit, though this movement of his eyes without even a twitch from his head was a constant, and sometimes very uncomforting thing, he did it none the less as he saw no reason to change on the whim of people he shrugged off. While he did so he kept both hands on the reins and leaned back on the creature under him, he could certainly go for a stretch, maybe a warm bowl of stew, any of that would be good right about now.

While he though of food his smile turned into a crooked grin that exposed not a single tooth and he sighed quickly, a warm meal he would sacrifice just about anything for right now in this "Winter Wonderland."

Carliah Dakrone

"I'm always quiet, you should know that by now." She paused for a moment before continuing. "Are you sure you don't want to move into the cabin? It's alot closer as far as hunting is concerned... And I get a bit lonely living there on my own. I'd love to have an apprentice, but... Well so far either none of the village children are old enough... Or they're all afraid of me. It'd be nice to have someone to talk to besides myself every morning." She had been asking Arthur this question for a few years now. The two of them had been close friends ever since he had met her in the woods all those years ago. (( This should be Lilythe not Carliah))

He leveled his head and looked full on at her while he raised a brow at her, his grin still there. "Oh, what happened to always being quiet, im mean that is quite a few words you had for me just now, even if it is a recurring question. My answer is still no Lilythe, i have my reasons and there is no reason for me to, i know you arent exactly beloved by them but perhaps you could get used to talking to them and all. Plus im sure one of these days someone will come along that would love to be taught by you, but until then im sure my fractured company will have to do. Plus, i have so much to deal with already dont need to push you into a light that is already dangerous to be in."

He sent the spiral of snow he had been messing with into her face and hair, laughing a bit. "Also, you seem to have a bit of snow everywhere, how about we get you home and get some stew going, im hungry for something warm." He hated answering her like he had, but he had much more to do and living anywhere but where he did would complicate travel and meetings he had to attend.

Carliah Dakrone

Lilythe growled playfully at him and sent a medium sized wave of snow into his face as well. She laughed loudly, smiling brightly as she waited for a reaction. "Well hurry up and handle those 'issues' I get lonely and you know how I am with people! I've spent more time with Tenebrae than I have with people. I'm more of an animal than a person." She had another motive for wanting him to stay with her, but she decided against mentioning it. It wasn't very important and she saw no reason to voice it as it would only serve to complicate things between them. She turned her head down, studying the ground as the rode, searching for any signs of trouble nearby, just as she always did.

"I seem to remember the Hirion not liking being called animals, and furthermore, if your more an animal than a person how come you live inside and not in a cave?" He brushed the snow off his face and looked into the trees as they rode on, other than the constant snowfall this place was great, plenty of forest for everything to find something more to do and in this small section of the world they lived on people were almost completely free. A concept that was lost the moment you entered the "Civilized" parts of the world where slavery and pain were all that you would find as well as the off chance of getting murdered or mugged. At least out here the only danger was being trampled by Stithigam or mauled by Ursin on a daily basis, but it was worth it most of the time.

Carliah Dakrone

"I have another question for you... But perhaps it'd be better if I waited for us to reach the cabin before I ask it. And as for the question you just asked..." Lilythe sent and even bigger wave of snow into his face before riding ahead of him, racing off to her cabin to avoid any sort of retaliation from her friend. Her laughter rang through the tree's as she rode. She was usually much more quiet and reserved, but Arthur brought out a playful side to her that not many people, if any, ever got to see. She waited for him outside the cabin, sitting in a chair on the small front porch.

"And that is-" He stopped as a wave of snow hit him in the face, covering it in the white powder as well as his hair. He shruged and rode after her until they reached he reached the area at which she was too, sitting out front of her home. "You know, its not proper to just leave someone stranded, are you going to tell me the answer to what i asked you or am i going to be hit with snow again, hopefully the first so that we can get on with dinner. Im sure this wolf will need cooking soon else we are going to be hungry for the rest of the night." He slid off the creature and pulled off the wolf before shooing of the creature for it to run off.

Carliah Dakrone

"No a cave would not be better... And as for what I was going to ask.... Something has been attacking the settlement, my guess is it's some kind of animal, probably the same thing that crushed your wolf's leg. One child has alreadty gone missing... Torn clothes on the remains I found were identified by the mom as being the child's.... I need to track down... Whatever it is and kill it, but I don't know if going alone is a good idea. Would you wanna help? I'm sure it'd be a nice change from all those boring ass meetings you get forced to attend." Lilythe was playing with the snow again, sending little spirals up into the air and watching them float back to the ground. She didn't mind the cold, but then again she had grown up outside, in the woods. The closest she had to warmth was Tenebrae, a Hirion who had been abandoned by his pack due to his size. She remembered nights spent cuddling with the small wolf pup. He was huge now and they were still the best of friends. She wondered briefly where her furry friend had run off too.

He nodded as she asked such and crossed his arm behind him, thinking over the information he had heard and speaking lightly. "I see no reason as to not scare off what ever has been harming the people of the settlement, after all im sure they would thank you for doing it and look up to you for it." He whistled and shook the snow from his hair and clothes before looking back up at her with calm eyes. "Anything more to go on about this creature, distinctive markings of any kind, suspected living area, anything at all?"

Carliah Dakrone

"Very large prints in the snow, blood stains, claw marks of trees... Large ruts in the snow. I believe it may be an Ursin." She explained, unlocking the door to the cabin and walking inside, kicking off her boots as she did, revealing the daggers strapped to her calves. She tossed her belt with all her throwing knives and her sword onto an empty chair and leaned her bow and quiver next to the door. 'I see you're home.' The voice rang through her mind and she smiled. There was a large moveable flap of leather covering a hole in the wall to her bedroom that allowed her wolf companion to enter and exit the cabin whenever her chose. Of course it was secured shut at night to prevent any unwanted visitors from getting in. She trusted Tenebrae to keep people away when she wasn't around, but they both agreed it was easier to sleep when they knew it was closed at night. "Yeah, I'm home. I brought your other favorite person with me," She smirked lazily at the wolf as she crossed over the small kitchen in the cabin.

Arthur followed her and made a quick nod to the Hirion as he passed it, his hands never leaving his back as he walked and his eyes calm and collected as the deep blue orbs scanned over the inside of the building while he stood there and waited for her to be done with what she was doing to get to work on the carcass her brought in, while at first the prey he had brought with him was a Hirion like him, the friend of Lilythe's would recognize the wound and that Arthur had put it out of its misery. "Right, and you want to go after one, those things are walls of fat and muscle, hard to kill even with military grade weapons much less our own. I mean by no means is it impossible, but it will be harder than you think."

Carliah Dakrone

"I like a challenge... And I can't just let it run free can I? Besides... We can bring Tenebrae for back up... And seeing as I'm a Kinthec I'm thoroughly trained is Druidic so we'll have that going for us too you know." She didn't bother to look at him as she set about preparing their dinner. She crossed to the room to a small cupboard and pulled out a slab of some kind of dried salted meat. "I don't know if you got a chance to hunt today Tenebrae and I doubt you want to eat what we're having, but you can have this." She put the meat on a large plate and set it on the ground near the large wolf. She checked on the stew once to make sure it was cooking and then sat down at her table, kicking her feet up onto it and tilting back in her chair. The daggers strapped to her calves glinted in the light of a lantern set in the center of the table. She never removed the two weapons, even when she slept. She always had to be prepared for danger and the two menacing knives were a great source of protection, easy to hide too.

He sighed and lowered himself into a chair, looking at the fire while he thought and bit on the inside of his cheek. "Ok say we do this, how can you be sure you can even handle such a creature, we are only so strong and trust me, even military grade armed soldiers have trouble killing them. How exactly do you plan to do this with what we can get our hands on?" He crossed his feet and leaned forward onto his hands while he sat there and waited for a response from her, it would take much more than three people to do this, certainly more than what they could get together in one night.

Carliah Dakrone

"Well... How confident are you that you can shoot it... In the face," Lilythe asked him, turning her head to check on their dinner. After deciding it was still not done she turned her attention back to Arthur. "If we can set it on fire with a few arrows... And then outrun it on our Equitins until it dies.... We should be okay..." She decided not to mention that someone would need to distract it and that it'd probably be her doing the distracting. She was faster than Arthur and so would have the easiest time. She'd be armed of course and in case things got bad she could always try to shoot the beast through the eye. She was one of the best archer's to be found anywhere on the planet. She bit her lip harshly, trying to decide whether or not she should say anything about this part of the plan to him.

"Fine but how do you plan to draw it out and make it sit for you just all nice and pretty like for you to shoot it and for it not to just put it out, that thing is going to be in alot of pain and is going to need a pretty good reason to stay lit and exposed for so long and im sure you dont expect one of us to stand there and distract it while the other shoots at it some more, and if you do you have got to be smarter than that." He raised a brow at her and waited for the answer that came from her, one of these days she is going to get hurt and he would not be there to help her, thus she will be beyond the point of no return at that time and im sure she would rather live than lose her life in some thrill fest over the life of one creature.

Carliah Dakrone

"Well... I figured we'd leave an elk.... or several elks.... On the ground for it... Shoot it while it eats... And if things go bad I'll distract it. I'm faster than you and I'll have my equitin. It'll be fine. I promise." Lilythe smiled half heartedly at him before getting up to check on their dinner. She decided it had cooked long enough and put some into bowls for each of them, sliding Arthur's across the table to him. She sat down again, this time avoiding kicking her feet up on the table. She began to eat ravenously while she waited for his response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom