Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Separation of the Mind {Circe}

Lies. Blasted lies. All of it. But this giant of a woman was tired of the deceit. And now someone was going to pay. You waited to long! She's been using you for months now! Take action, fight back! Get revenge. It was not her thinking. No, not at all. The mercenary's mind was splitting, forming two very, very different personalities. Neither was anything like the other. Only one was 'actually' her. This was not it. Whatever was controlling her, it was a mere manifestation of rage, hate, and fear. Everything she had tried to conceal for so long. Now here she was, storming down a hallway, pushing past servants and workers as she went. Something caught her attention that only made things worse...

"Did you hear? Mistress Savan has been sleeping around again. Rumor is she's been mingling with the Emperor." Savan... The same one who claimed to love the mad merc. The same person who had done so much for her, saying it was out of concern. And yet the plant freak held no loyalty to her pawn. Instead seemed only to care when the woman was around. When she wasn't? It was cheat city. And that? That made her furious. Breaking into a run she rounded a corner, barreling into the gossiping workers. One gasped and exclaimed loudly, obviously shocked. "Lady Sekairo!?!" Ven paid the man no heed, still charging towards her the office of her 'lover'. Pissing off a 6 feet 5 inches tall cybernetically enhanced woman was not a good idea. That was something Savan was about to rediscover.

After all, this wasn't the first time the green girl had seen her employee angry. But never before had she witnessed Ven this furious, this agitated. It would come as a surprise. A very, very bad surprise. The time for the personalities to finish splitting was near. Here, the mad merc has reached the office door. Her chest is heaving, not out of exhaustion, but out of rage. With one hand she slammed the door open, cracking the frame and almost breaking the hinges. "CIRCE! WE NEED TO TALK, NOW!" The giant bellowed, sending a glare right at-... Savan was not in her office, and Ven was left staring at an empty chair. Growling again she punched the wall with both hands, denting it without a second thought. "SAVAN! WHERE THE FETHING HELL ARE YOU?" She snapped, waiting for the other woman to show up.

She wasn't going to just ignore her 'girlfriend' trashing her the place while screaming, was she?
@[member="Circe Savan"]

The loud noise of yelling and screaming tore through Circe's ears as she sat up. The terrible noise of a door being crunched made her twinge as the Sith Lady slowly stood up, coming to meet Ven'Rain. She stood a cautious distance away, aware that her lover had apparently gone into full-scale berserker mode. She had only seen her like this before when... Oh no... Her mind had fractured again, hadn't it? Absolutely spectacular.

"Ven... I know this isn't really you... Just calm down so you can come back..."

@[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]

If there's one thing someone should never, ever do, it's telling a woman to calm down. Especially when that woman is Ven'Rain Sekairo. Turning to the other woman she let out a forced breath, eyes twitching slightly. Not a good sign. "CALM DOWN? YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN? Why the bloody hell should I CALM DOWN?" Ven yelled, taking a step closer to her former lover. Both of her hands were clenched into fists, and it took everything she had not to try and pummel her employer to a bloody pulp. "YOU. YOU LIED! SAID THINGS YOU DIDN'T MEAN! AM I SUPPOSED TO BE FINE WITH THAT? AM I SUPPOSED TO BE OKAY WITH YOU SLEEPING WITH EVERYTHING THAT BREATHES? Oh wait, hahaha, my mistake. YOU SLEEP WITH THINGS THAT DON'T BREATH TOO!" Ouch. She was really upset, wasn't she? Hit her. Hurt her. Make her suffer for betraying you! C'mon Ven'Rain, are you afraid or something? Get this over with! End her miserable existence so she can't hurt anyone else! What to call this new side of the mad merc? Hm... Rage Ven. Simple as that.

Moving forward another foot she punched the wall again, her artificial arm increasing the speed and strength of the blow. You're doing it wrong. Aim for her, not the building! Wait... Mess up the building too! That way she'll be pissed and dead! It was both sad and scary how enthusiastic Rage Ven was about these things. "THIS IS ME. DEAL WITH IT YOU KARKING queen." Even though her volume had lowered, her voice still resounded through the compound, fully expressing her anger. But the swearing and semi-evil/insane laughter really helped get the point across.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Circe was merely saddened by the situation for the time being. This felt to her like an exact repeat of her breakup with Alli, only a LOT worse. Ven was stronger, larger, and even more a raging brute than the Baktoid owner had previously been. And it scared her greatly.

Then, though, she insinuated Circe was someone who committed an atrocious crime against nature - lying with the dead. And that really caused her an enormous amount of pain and anguish. And rage. "I have NEVER and WILL NEVER have ANYTHING to do with a dead body! Please, never insinuate that again. Now what have I lied to you about? I want to know."

And when Ven pounded the wall, the sound of something particularly loud crying began to fill the hall... Not even the nanny droid could stop it. "Ven... You woke Darren up. Please stop... If you try and bring this building down on my head, more than likely you'll kill him too."

Maybe a realization their son was nearby would make her understand.

Darren... For a moment the giant stopped, eyes widening as she heard the crying. Nonono! This isn't how you're supposed to do this! Relax, explain things calmly. But make sure your son is okay first. Apparently the softer side of her had reemerged, her thoughts still coming out as if she was talking to someone else, and not herself. What to call this side of her?... Hm... Caged Ven. For often this side is locked away, and when it is released, it in turn locks the rage away. But only temporarily. Savan didn't get what you meant! You never said that she slept with corpses! And look, now Darren is upset. Get her! End this, take your son and go. No! Things can still be resolved peacefully. Peacefully? Do you not hear the kid crying, do you not see the dents in the wall? A third voice joined the mangled mesh of thoughts, that of her true consciousness. Everything stopped, and her words hung in the air.

"That's... that's not what I meant. Some... some species don't breathe, at least not exactly, even while... while they're alive... Even you wouldn't sleep with the dead... But it seems you would claim to love someone, make them believe every word you spit out, even make them love you back... but treat others the same way. As if everyone you meet is in a relationship with you. As if they're all the person you're supposed to love..." Ven said, much quieter then she had been a moment earlier. Silence would have taken over the room if not for Darren's crying. Being a concerned mother, the mad merc left Circe, heading towards their son. Once she found him she gently picked him up, trying to soothe him. "It's alright darling. Mommy and me are just... having some issues. It'll all be better soon," she continued, starting to sing softly for the childe.

Luckily the childe seemed to relax in his mother's presence, and slowly quieted down. After a minute Ven put him back in his crib, tucking him in with care. Now that that issue was resolved she returned to the hallway, staring at her ex-lover with a blank expression. "Explain it to me. Tell me why you feel the need to be in so many relationships at once. Am I not enough? Do I make you happy enough? Are you just to afraid that all your precious work was for nothing, and that I'll be just as insane as I was before? Because if it's that last one, you're sure as hell right. Now give me some sort of reasonable explanation or I'm leaving. I'll take my stuff, and I will walk out that door. And you'll have to hope you'll never see me again." As she spoke her tone grew more serious, and the anger behind it was clear. But before Circe had a chance to try and mend things Ven started walking, heading away from Savan, Darren, and their old life.
@[member="Circe Savan"]​

"Because I have mental issues too." She continued to follow her maddened lover as the near-human began to walk away. "Did I ever tell you about my background? About how I was horribly raped and abused by my master during my tenure as a slave? Did I ever tell you that those born with Zeltron genes have a tendency to be polyamorous?" She paused for a moment. "Well, I did tell you. But you forgot, thanks to the accident." She sighed. "Don't let it end like this... I well and truly love you. And there are few people I care for so much that I'm willing to burn my possessions like a drunken gambler on. I'd do anything for you if it meant I knew you were safe, secure, and protected from harm. I'd even..." Should she mention the knowledge she'd found within the Trayus archives?

"I'd even see if I could help you touch the Force."

It made her stop. But she did not look back, instead simply standing still, thinking about what she had just heard. Both of her shoulders relaxed, and a wave of guilt washed over her. The feeling didn't last long, and when she spoke her voice was blank, neutral. "I do not wish to do this Savan. To be one of many. That is not how I work. And I do not need your protection. I am not a childe anymore. Then again, I never really was. Nor were you, it seems." Ven chuckled, but even that was as monotonous as her speech had been. Quietly she sighed, and turned to face the woman she once called a lover. Yellow eyes watched the plant woman closely, taking in every detail, just as they had when they first met.

Perhaps they were meeting for the first time, in a way. Rage Ven was in control, and was merely letting Caged voice her opinion. Hug her. Like old times. Just wrap your arms around her and let the time slip by. For a moment she almost did as suggested, starting to take a step forward. But she stopped herself, holding back. "We... are over. Your sorrow will be over quickly, I have no doubt of that. Within a month you'll have moved on. Found comfort in another... Oh, and a note: If I find out you don't take proper care of Darren, or knowingly endanger him... I will find you. And I will wrap my hands around your throat. And I will kill you. The childe may be merely a male version of you, but I've... grown attached." Anger rose back into her voice, begging to be released. No. No more yelling. At least not until it won't effect Darren.

Caged wished to do one last thing, and to her surprise Rage let her. Taking a step forward the mad merc placed a hand on the smaller woman's shoulder before leaning down and kissing her forehead. Then she pulled away, turning once more to leave. Sorry Circe, but there won't be a next time.
@[member="Circe Savan"]​

"That's right... Abandon your son! Abandon the one you carried inside you for months! And abandon me... I had real love for you, Ven!" A tear began to form in the corner of Circe's eye, the sap-like substance slowly dripping down her cheek. "Please... don't do this... Whatever turned you into this twisted shell of the woman I love... We can fix it. I promise you..." She sensed something. It felt as though there was... conflict. A rapid shifting of emotions, too subtle to be physically visible, yet still quite noticeable by an empath. What's going on inside that head of yours, Ven?

She would find out. In time.

Something stirred inside of her. The 'real' Ven was pounding against the walls of her mental prison, desperate to turn around and tell Circe it would be okay. But Rage would not allow that. Instead of a hug and soft words she growled out her speech, seeming irritated. "DO YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING? IF IT WAS UP TO ME, DARREN WOULD BE IN MY ARMS RIGHT NOW, READY TO LEAVE WITH ME. BUT I KNOW THAT I CAN'T TAKE CARE OF HIM. YOU CAN. AND SO WHAT IF YOU 'HAD' REAL LOVE FOR ME. THE KEY WORD IN THERE IS HAD. AND DON'T THINK FOR A SECOND THAT I NEVER LOVED YOU. BECAUSE... Because the thing is I did. And that's why this hurts so much. Because I loved you, but you loved others. No matter what I could never be enough. So don't try to guilt trip me. Don't try to tell me I'm being a bad mother! Darren will be fine with you and the rest of your girlfriends! AND FOR THE LAST TIME: I DON'T NEED FIXING!" Ven yelled, anger boiling over. In a split second she had launched herself forward, arms extending to push Circe back.

Any normal human would be thrown back by the hit, unable to withstand the power the giant could produce. Not only was she strong, she had implants to increase her abilities even further. If Circe had been a regular lass, she'd probably have a few cracked ribs, and might have even suffered a concussion. But she was... a plant. Who knows how her body would react to the sudden attack on it? Whatever it was, it left Ven staring wide eyed, surprised at what she had done. For a moment she stared at her hands, wondering why she had reacted so violently. The mad merc started to shake, and quickly went over to her ex-lover, instinctively cuddling up with the woman. She desperately wanted Circe to be okay, despite their falling out. Perhaps a bit of Caged was peeking out?
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"I still have that love for you, Ven! Others... they aren't what you are! I don't have the same emotional bond with them that I do with you. You're special, to me and to our son. Please, don't abandon me, if not for my sake, then for Darren's..." Her tears were now flowing, and she was sobbing as she did so. I enjoyed pleasure with others... I didn't love them... Please, realize the diff-"

Then she got slammed. The impact of Circe against the wall caused something absolutely terrible to happen - one of the durasteel beams formulating the wall broke loose from the impact, and Circe was forced backwards onto it, the metal rod impaling all the way through her mid-torso region. "Ven... help..." While Circe was indeed dextrous, she couldn't risk pulling herself off the metal - one for the fact that Ven could attack her and push her back onto the beam, leaving her there to fall into stasis and potentially die, and another for the fact that she would lose most of her sap before being able to heal the wound.

"Why... did you do this to me... I love you..." The Vinithi's head began to fall forward as sap dripped from the beam, her wound unable to heal itself with the bar lodged through her. Her vision was beginning to grow blurred, and if she fell into stasis, only a droid or an aide would be able to save her from death.

No. No no no no! THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN! "Circe! GOD DAMN IT, STAY WITH ME!" The mad merc yelled, starting to cry. She had no idea what to do. No one had ever bothered to teach her much about first aid. And what she did learn did not cover something like this. Screaming for help she looked around, suddenly wishing she hadn't scared the workers away earlier. "Stay awake, okay? Stay awake for me. Just breathe. It'll be fine. Now... uh... Oh god, I don't know what to do... I'm so sorry Circe... The one time you need me instead of me needing you and I don't know what to do..." The tears were coming down like rain now, running down her cheeks and dripping to the ground. Footsteps were heard, and it seemed like at least one person had heard the cries for help. Quietly Ven came closer, gently holding the Vinithi woman. More footsteps were heard, along with gasps and exclamations. None of that mattered to the merc at the moment. "Please, stay with me. You're going to be fine... Please... I love you..." Workers were crowding around them now, while someone sent for a doctor or robot or salad or whatever the hell could help her.

Hopefully their efforts wouldn't be in vain...
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Why... Ven... I can't breathe... I don't have lungs, remember?" She gave a humorous smile, attempting valiantly to not fade off into unconsciousness. "Ven... don't go. Stay with me... at least until I'm healed..." Unable to adequately remove her and knowing she'd 'bleed out' if taken off the rod, a fusion cutter was brought in, cutting through the bar and literally removing it from the torn and twisted wall. On her side, they wheeled her away.

"Ven... Keep me okay..." And the Sith Lady closed her eyes, sighing from the pain.

The giant remained quiet. Inside she was a mess, personalities fighting against each other, tying to decide what to do. Rage seemed to be winning so far... Not good. Well, not good for Circe at least. Though Rage didn't plan on hurting her any further, she did want to leave while the Vinithi was healing. Cruel, but could be worse. "You're fine. You're gonna be just fine." Ven said, giving the other woman a short kiss on the forehead. So it's decided? Yes. The green one will go to be healed. But when she awakes, we will not be there. Better for both of us. Indeed. The longer we're around her, the greater the chance we'll hurt her again... The voices finished their discussion, and returned their focus to Circe, knowing they couldn't leave yet. Guild riddled her heart, but Ven honestly believed that her ex would be much, much better without her... And the merc hadn't fully forgiven her either.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Ven... I love you..." Her last whisper was barely audible as she drifted into unconsciousness, the doctors and droids hauling her away.

When she awoke, she would cry.

Rage locked the guilt away, putting on a fake face for the injured woman. It seemed like Ven was going to stay. It seemed like she was willing to try again, to fix what had been broken. To bad it was all a lie. The moment she was alone the merc started towards her quarters, wishing to retrieve the few items of hers that were here. Mostly journals and a few jackets. Out of all the clothes in her closet, only a few had actually been purchased by her. Circe (knowing that Ven didn't have that much money) had supplied them, just in case they were needed. Quickly items were thrown in a backpack, carelessly tossed into the bag. In under two minutes she was ready to go. Letting out a long sigh she threw on a long coat and slung the pack over her shoulder, heading towards the exit. As far as she knew no one saw her leave, but it would soon become obvious she was gone.

If anyone was to go into her old room, they'd find the words "I'm sorry" scrawled on the wall in black ink.
Whether or not the message was true...

{Time Skip? 2-3 Months} @[member="Circe Savan"]

(Sounds like a plan to me)

TRAYUS ACADEMY, MALACHOR V

Guilt.

It was one of the few emotions that Circe Savan, Lady of the Sith felt. An improper emotion... Some would call her weak for feeling it as she crossed her legs while sitting at the ruins of the Trayus Core. Closing her eyes, she began to focus, intending on meditating on the Dark Side. But her thoughts returned to Ven, frustrating her as she attempted to again shrug them off, be a good girl. She had become Grieva, so it seemed.

The Trayus Academy ruins were being slowly restored. The holocrons and lord left in the remains of the ancient training ground had been long undisturbed, believed lost when the asteroids comprising the broken planet had been separated. However, the academy had survived, though in admittedly poor shape, as had the wrecks which littered the system, most of which were towed to Serpena for refitting and repair. The majority were too damaged, though, to be repaired, even by the wondrous and mystical ring of stations surrounding the planet.

One thing had stayed here, however. There was a dissicated body found on the woman, a corpse of someone who had died at this spot. The cold, oxygen-deprived atmosphere of space had unnaturally preserved it. Speculating that this was the body of Darth Traya herself, Circe had taken to wearing the deceased female's attire, in memory of the treasonous woman.

Little did she know that one of treachery was here now.

Guilt. That was all the merc had been feeling for nearly three months now. No matter how far she traveled, no matter how hard she fought against it, she felt the pathetic emotion. Why? Perhaps because she left her ex lover alone after nearly killing her. Not exactly a happy or cheery thing. But of course, things were rarely positive in her life. It was something she had grown to expect. When things did go her way they surprised her, and she never stopped looking for a catch. Rage had worsened this. The dominant personality in Ven's now split mind was violent, easily angered, and highly self-preservative. If not for Caged, the other side of her mind, she would not be here. Here being Malachor V, a place one does not usually wish to visit.

But if coming to this place and speaking resolved the issue of guilt, Ven'Rain would do it without a second thought. After all, keeping herself stable was number 1 on her priority list. What would Savan think of that? That the girl who once lived to protect others was now nothing but a lonely, broken psychopath? Of course, she had always been like that. Now was simply the time when it was most obvious. Just looking at the giant could give one the chills. Piercing yellow eyes, canines filed to a point, almost 6.5 feet tall, and built like a tank. Add the dark clothing and the dirt that covered her, and she became something out of some people's nightmares.

Though many more had dreamt of this planet and its horrors. Several of Ven's ancestors included.There was no doubt that at least one Sekairo had died here. "Hopefully no others will be added to that list... at least not today." Ven muttered, pulling her cloak tighter against herself. Honestly she had no idea where she was going, but she knew that Circe would be able to tell she was here. It would be obvious soon enough. The only question was who would find who? Would Ven find her former lover, or would the lover find her?
@[member="Circe Savan"]​

Circe stood up from the middle of the meditation circle. The mad sheep had returned to the flock with whatever degree of sanity she still had, and Circe was more than willing to bring her back. Stepping into one of the most recent parts of the Trayus Academy - a meditation-dedicated chamber, complete with resonance crystals and a throne-like focus chair - she sat down on her place of power, feeling out across the planet and searching for the presence, growing ever stronger.

Come to me, Ven. We have much to discuss.

Battered lungs took in the oxygen, the breath coming in sharp and hard. It was time to return to the Sith Lady. Quickening her pace the mad merc walked, following her instinct to the academy. Something felt off here, likely a shadow of past events. This place had witnessed many things, none of which seemed to be pleasant. Perhaps the upcoming encounter would be the first positive thing to happen here- besides the obvious reconstruction efforts. Soon the giant would find out, for now she approached the compound, yellow eyes scanning the area. With a little 'humph' she entered, wandering until she found what she was looking for. Upon a glorious throne sat a woman who Ven knew far to well.

The first thing Circe would notice about her former lover would be the changed appearance. Now her hair was even shorter, each strand barely reaching an inch long, if even that. Both of her eyes seemed darker, and were void of their usual emotion. Most notable were two new facial scars. One went over her right eye, which was now foggy (a telltale sign that it would soon go blind), the other marking the left side of her face, seemingly from an explosion of sorts. A nearly fresh cut sat on the bridge of her nose, and had just recently scabbed over. Dried blood was scattered on her hands and clothes, along with around both ears. It was clear she had not been taking care of herself. Merely a day ago she had gotten into a major bar fight, slaying many of the clientele and workers, leaving the place burning and broken.

Rage was just that kind of girl. Unfortunately. Stepping into the room she pulled the hood of her jacket back, revealing all the changed she had undergone. Her sleeves were rolled up to her elbows, exposing a multitude of scars and her spiked leather bracelets. As always she wore her combat boots, which had her black jeans tucked into them. It was odd that she wasn't wearing her armor. After all she had rarely taken in off since leaving Savan. But that mattered not at the moment. Now was the time to talk. "SAVAN. I HAVE RETURNED." She wasn't yelling, yet her voice seemed loud and commanding. Likely because of Rage's dominance other her mind. "I... I MADE A MISTAKE WHEN I LEFT. YOU... HAVE MY APOLOGIES. BUT IT WAS FOR THE BEST, OF BOTH OF US. THE LONGER I WAS WITH YOU, THE MORE LIKELY I WAS GOING TO HURT YOU AGAIN. FORGIVE ME... SAVAN." Going quiet she looked at the other woman, awaiting a response of some sort.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"First off, you and I are still on a first name basis, Ven. Well... I guess I'm more Lady Circe now, the whole "running a sector of the Sith Empire" and all. So, now that you're somewhat calmer and a bit more rational, what have you come back to me for? To explain going crazy? To reconnect with me? To get something from me? To kill me? Please, do tell." Her eyebrow cocked in curiosity as she waited to see what the new, anger-filled Ven was going to do.

Preferably not violence. That would end up... poorly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom