Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Annual Southern Systems Business Bazaar Expo! [ Open to all ]

Wirch Bicket said:
Wirch quickly picked himself up, politeness required he rise to speak to one who was standing. "It is named the Relovian Pistol, after the planet it was constructed on. Its shots are much more powerful than conventional weaponry, however it needs to be reloaded every time you fire.You can use it to fire either lasers or bullets, depending on the situation and your preferences. The range of the bullet is about 50 meters at best and the laser can pull off a 100 meter range, again at best. The bullet firing capability can be used in situations where electrical equipment cannot, giving it an edge after an EMP or in environments where a blaster won't be effective."

He paused for a moment, he wasn't sure if he had spoken too quickly. He took a deep breath and asked, "Is there anything else you would like to know about this weapon?"

[member="Skye Mertaal"]

All good information to know. The stoic bounty hunter gave a nod, "Mind if I can get a feel for it?" if she could test the weight in her hand, feel how it lay she could get a better perspective on the piece.

"Got a place to fire it around here for a test go?" She asked, but Danger Arceneau would have provided safety barrels to test out weapons for weapons manufacturers.

After all, a girl would always want to test out that pack of heat first before buying it!

Mrrew's astrodroid returned to his booth, beeping repeatadly, and rolling in circles for no apparent reason. After realizing that Mrrew had no idea what it was talking about, R9 gave a long annoyed beep, and rolled over, showing that the basket that contained flyers was now empty. Mrrew patted the droid on it's circular dome, which drew another annoyed beep from it. Good, now the display they were going to do later in the expo would have some spectators. The Togorian rose from his large seat behind the booth, before looking back to R9. "Watch the booth. I'm going to go look at the others." The astrodroid gave a series of beeps, obviously implying that it didn't want to be there. Mrrew sighed. "Watch the booth for a few hours, and i'll get you an oil bath, okay?" The droid beeped again, considering the idea, before giving a relenting drone. Mrrew rubbed his forehead before walking off from the booth, trusting R9 to deal with any customers.

The first place Mrrew went? The Mirage Cybernetics booth. He wasn't interested in any surgical enhancements, but he'd seen an ad for something that could be useful... Soon, Mrrew was standing behind [member="Cryax Bane"], looking over his shoulder at the various items they had on display. Specifically looking for the ocular enhancement devices he'd seen advertised...

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]
I had to search google to find the right alt codes to tag you....

[member="Sue"]

Ale looked a little confused. "Er...1900 hours?"

"Yes, good, we'll be there. That's 7:00 PM in civilian time." He explained to Ale.

"Oh. Well why couldn't he just say that?"

"Because that's how things are done in the military, son! And you wouldn't last 5 seconds asking things like that!" Ale shook his head, knowing he wouldn't win.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Aeron Kreelan"]
"Unfortunately, we do not have access to Mandalorian Iron deposits and any ore acquired would come at maximum market value in sufficient quantity. We do not carry Songsteel either, and the only currently available source has it on hold for an outside party. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. May I suggest the alchemical artifice shop our manufacture has worked with on several projects in the past to good reputation? By and large, a custom-forged alchemical blade has comparatively better properties than either of the aforementioned metals."

[member="Cryax Bane"], [member="Mrrew"]
"Hello, gentlemen." The checkerboard bikini-clad Mnenchei maiden approached. She was there to attract the more carnal and masculine customer, and just for flair, but she was also a technician like most of the others staffing the booth. "Can I help you both with anything?"

[member="Countess Xyhn"]

Mrrew glanced to the technician, completely ignoring her clothing (or lack there of) and nodded. "I saw an ad for Mirage Cybernetics' err..." Mrrew frowned, trying to remember the odd name given to the eyepath-like devices. What was it... Ah! "The monocole ocular enhancers! That's it. Does your booth carry them? What do they do, exactly, other then see in low-light?" He could already see perfectly fine in the dark, but the ocular enhancers could help in other ways. Ecespecially with hunting.

Ayden had very briefly browsed the catalog of things behind sold as he moved to the warehouse. He had a good chuckle at some of these 'datacrons' being sold. Anyone who would buy such items at a bazaar was just asking to be ripped off. No one in their right mind would sell such information like that out in the open. Made it very easy for the wrong kind of person to find you. Plus there was the ease in which the things were forged. It didn't take much to slap something together and call it a relic. The smart people would see through such traps and avoid it if they had an sense to them. Oh well, if people wanted to waste their credits on tripe, that was their loss.

He moved into the warehouse that Corellian Engineering had purchased. Inside of it was every type of freighter, starfighter, tug, hauler, or racer that the company had produced or held currently on the market. In the middle, easily able to be spotted from anywhere in the warehouse, was a Blockade Runner and a Myriad-class Corvette. The civilian ships weren't quite on the same level as what the military could purchase, but as this was a civilian expo that wasn't really a concern.

In a slightly smaller space nearby, the CEC subsidy Corellian Arms was displaying its atmospheric craft, droids, vehicles, weapons, and security systems while in orbit an assembled display fleet had been brought in to show off the stations and ships the corporation had maid for several galactic powers. At every local were dozens of booths that would allow a person to make inquiries. Such notices were flagged and funneled straight to Ayden's pad for him to reply back in real-time. Questions, comments, requests; he got it all.

And now he waited.

Expo Product List

Mrrew took the pamplet, and looked inside. Increased ocular acuity? Vague... And the rest of the pamphlet just said something about a bounty hunter named Snoova who lived eight hundred years ago. Interesting. Mrrew pocketed the pamphlet, and nodded to the technician. The pamplet did say something about it being worn over your eye, like an eyepatch. No surgery needed. It would work for what he wanted. "I'll take one."

[member="Countess Xyhn"]

As various customers milled around, Cryax Bane noticed how crowded the Mirage booth was getting. And next to him there was a rather imposing looking Togorian fellow who looked like he could eat the slender Chiss for breakfast. He figured he should get the Mnenchei babe's attention before he lost his nerve. He had to move fast. It wouldn't be long before Corellian Engineering noticed the credits had been drained. But it served them right for having such a stupidly insecure network. He wondered who at the company had the bright idea to use "PASSWORD" as the network's access code. He shook his head and smirked.

He attempted to get the saleswoman's attenion, an edge of trepidation in his voice. "Excuse me, Miss. Not sure if you have exactly what I'm looking for but I'm interested in some surgical enhancements for slicing. I'm particularly interested in one that can, be um, completely concealed. I'd like to both purchase and have it installed today. Can you help with this?"

He hoped she heard him over the din of the Expo.

[member="Mrrew"] [member="Countess Xyhn"]

Seeing a slicer he had met before at a somewhat sensitive interview, Ice quickly lowered down behind a table and changed to his Chiss form. He hadn't had to much traffic so far that day, so he didn't really think he'd be noticed by anyone around. Worst case he could just say "The other guy had off the rest of the day and he was the replacement." Normally, he wouldn't concern himself with just an appearance. But this man heard him speak at a previous meeting. He might be wise enough to put two and two together. So better safe than sorry. Ice simply remained quiet, almost hoping the man would just finish his business at the nearby booth and move on.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

As Cryax waited for the Mnenchei saleswoman he did a double take. He spotted a familiar blue face across the way. He squinted his glimmering red eyes and racked his brain. Where had he seen this Chiss before? Ah, yes. The job interview for Csillian Industries. They had both interviewed with the same woman. The devastatingly attractive Chiss with legs up to there, he thought with a smile. He hastily turned away and pretended to punch in information on his Datapad in an attempt to be inconspicuous.

Ever since Silare Blaire had said his traditional name, he felt weirdly connected to other Chiss in a way that he couldn't explain. It would be nice to get to know his people, to learn from them. He sighed. With his luck he'd feel like as much of an outsider on Csilla as he felt in the rest of the galaxy.

[member="Ice"]

kissing-booth-ticket-pink1.png

Alexis was setting up, she had made the deal to be the first so here she was putting up a little booth with a sign over it, Kissing Booth, it was to raise funds for the orphans who had been displaced in the last few wars around the galaxy. [member="Garith Darkhold JR"] was the organizer of this little get together. She had yet to see his smiling face come around any corner.

But that didn't mean she wouldn't hold up her end of the endeavor.

She wore what she hoped would be an outfit that enticed a few over, and enticed them to donate generously.

"STEP RIGHT UP, Get a little kiss and donate to the Orphans of the Galaxy!" She smiled. Yes Alexis smile big.

Countess Xyhn said:
[member="Aeron Kreelan"]
"Unfortunately, we do not have access to Mandalorian Iron deposits and any ore acquired would come at maximum market value in sufficient quantity. We do not carry Songsteel either, and the only currently available source has it on hold for an outside party. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. May I suggest the alchemical artifice shop our manufacture has worked with on several projects in the past to good reputation? By and large, a custom-forged alchemical blade has comparatively better properties than either of the aforementioned metals."

Aeron shook her head, still smiling. It was fine. "Ain't no bother, figured might as well ask. I am still interested in a Cortosis version -- tell me more about a custom-forged alchemical disc-blade. Would it still be light enough to do what I want it to do?" Zeison Sha discblades were forged for a specific purpose, and that was her main concern to ensure that the quality and purpose would not be lost.

Wirch Bicket

Prepare for my Arrival...
[member="Skye Mertaal"]

"Absolutely, there are some target barrels at the back of the stall." Wirch moved out of the way and three barrel stood evenly spread along the back wall of the booth. The distance was not that great, but it simulated firing at close range which was the expected situation when one would use the weapon.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Mrrew"]
The scantily clad saleswoman typed the requisition order in the computer on the desk, which sent the order to the stocking crew in the back of the hangar behind the huge booth, which, several minutes later, brought the item to the front desk of RRDI's oval expo booth. The woman had taken the time to print out the receipt and register all of Mrrew's information.
"Here you go, sir. All Mirage Cybernetics products sold here at the Expo are under lifetime warranty, just leave a message at the Holomall to have it repaired or replaced if any issues arise. Thank you for shopping at the Ri'ess Regal Expo Booth and have a pleasant day."

The saleswoman model then turned to the waiting Chiss customer.

[member="Cryax Bane"]
"Sorry for the delay. We can build you a custom rig or smaller peripheral parts, however custom orders require significant time to develop and manufacture. Such things could not be done here or in short time. You may pay a down payment here, however, and have it developed for you off-hand at the Ri'ess Regal Holomall."

Meanwhile, the receptionist continued her informative conversation with a previously arriving customer concerning a new blade.

[member="Aeron Kreelan"]
"Unfortunately, I am not able to say. We are not affiliated with the workshop that produces such items in any way. You can contact the company via the Holomall site as well, via this holonet address. However, we can still produce you a cortosis-weave or cortosis alloy version of the aforementioned blade with no loss in quality - in fact, it may even see significant improvements under our ancient artisan forging techniques."

[member="Countess Xyhn"]

Aeron gave a nod, then held out her hand. "Then looks like we got ourselves a deal on that cortosis version." she told the associate. Now it was just a matter of exchanging credits.

Mrrew smiled, unknowingly showing fangs about as long as the saleswoman's fingers. The optical enhancer would be useful, hopefully it would help on hunts. And a waranty? You couldn't get better then that. The Togorian handed the receptionist a credit cihp, before turning around and wandering back into the Expo.

[member="Mrrew"]

Saffron would walk through the Expo with a small smile, her upper face hidden away behind the black lace net veil. Her clothing and the small necklace she wore said she was a Companion. A member of the Oiran GuildHouse. Those who would know her a bit more intimately would know she was one of Danger's adopted daughters.

Walking along with two other Companions, she finally reached the Beast Hunter's Guild shop. There was a list her mother wanted her to check off. Starting with the Beast Hunter's guild.

Crimson lips would curve into a delicious greeting.

"Hello there...I've some interest in seeing what you currently have available as trained beasts."

HEGEMONIC AUTOMATON MEDIUM BOOTH

It wasn't very long before Hegemonic Automaton's booth was swamped with droid enthusiasts from across the galaxy. Whether competitors knew it or not, there was nothing that beat a Hegemonic product. Despite the name change from Cestus Cybernetics, the company seemed to maintain its following and reputation anyway. This was all well and good, really, as that could have been annoying. Then again, it helped that the models released prior to the name change still had "Cestus Cybernetics" plastered on them. That would need to be fixed at some point or another.

All Hegemonic Automaton products were readily available at the booth for purchase, either by online order or actual purchase right there at the expo. People looking to buy their droids in person could do so, but only in small amounts One to five, really. Any order larger than that would need to be handled online and delivered. In addition to all products being made available, there would be discounts in place for the duration of the expo. These were mostly aimed at what Darth Janus considered to be worthy factions, or just people they wanted to buddy up to. There would also be discounts on orders that involved large amounts of droids Zothustro wanted to see sold, such as the Talos series and the Z6 Naval Droid.

Now it was just a matter of waiting.

HEGEMONIC AUTOMATON
DISCOUNTED PRICES
  • 30% off on orders including 100 Z6 Naval Droids or more.
  • 25% off for Tion Hegemony Members.
  • 20% off for high ranking Mandalorian personnel.
  • 10% off on orders including 100 Talos-Series Droids or more.
  • 10% off for partnered corporations.
  • 05% off for high-ranking Protectorate personnel.
  • 05% off for high-ranking Moross Crusade personnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom