Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Annual Southern Systems Business Bazaar Expo! [ Open to all ]

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
The Nautolan skipped along the walk way betwixt booths with the air of a kid in a sweet store. His satchel hung over his shoulder and was filled with more credits than he had any real need for. He made his way around looking at all the booths and was content to keep his options open for now. This was going to be quite fun.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Aeron Kreelan"]
"I see," the Mnenchei saleswoman replied. "And how many would you like to have produced?"
The company's native artisans could easily replicate the blade, and if necessary and properly-funded, do so in quantities.

[member="Miles Varden"]
Another saleswoman tended to a different customer all the while.
"That will be... fourty four, eighty. Would you like that with a titanium shock-proof carrying case or gift wrap, sir?"
Meanwhile, a droid went to the back to pull one of the blades out of a bulk crate from the stock lining the walls of the hangar.

Ice couldn't help but let another chuckle escape his lips. He was glad the prospective buyer seemed happy with the weapon. "Well, considering the rarity of this piece, and its capabilities. We have it priced at 7,500 credits. Also the blaster clips that hold our specialized gas compounds, which allow for the invisible particle beam. Those are 200 credits each. Although a little pricy for the clips, keep in mind they do have about 5 times the capacity of the normal 50 rounds blaster clips. While used in normal mode of course. So what do you think?"

He finished waiting patiently, for his first customer of the expo to make his decision.

[member="Meanken"]

[member="Ice"]

"More then worth it." Chaff said as he put the credits on the booth. "Give me the gun and 10 clips. Should last me a while. First force user I down with this will more then pay for it."

Ice nodded to the man. "You got it!" He said enthusiastically. "Let me just have you fill out a little bit of information on this datapad, and sign for the purchase. And I'll go ahead and get this packaged up for ya." He added, handing the datapad over. "Also, would you like us to send you newsletter updates whenever we have new items released that might be of benefit to your current interests?"

He took the weapon back and carefully began to package it up for the man. Ice then opened up the safe again to pull out 10 of the specialty clips. Adding them to the bag, he locked the safe, and gently put the mans order on the table before him. "And is there anything else I can do for you today?" He asked with a friendly smile.

[member="Meanken"]

Chaff took the bag.

"Ya, sign me up for that. Good stuff here. Let me know when ya get that non-lethal variant in stock." With a final nod, he walked away to see what else he could find.
[member="Ice"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Countess Xyhn"]

Once the Countess' current business concluded, Selka moved in, voice low. Perhaps she would be recognized; perhaps not. She had retired from her position as interim CEO of Silk, and had never boasted Jorus Merrill's flair for the limelight.

"Word to the wise, Countess," she said quietly. "I'm not a member of the Order of the Selab, but if I've heard what you're selling, I guarantee they're not far behind, and they don't like free access to information. I'll take one of everything, name your price, because I believe in the truth. I don't believe in restricting education.

"My name's Selka, but that's not my only name. And my other self applauds you."

Not Ordo

[member="Selka Ventus"] [member="Countess Xyhn"]

It was a simple thing really. Anyone would agree that some things were just...inappropriate for public consumption. It was true there was no accounting for taste, but even then there were limits.

The old creature stood behind the young woman leaning on his walking staff. Gray eyes blinked and mouth turned up at the corners breifly before the mask of calm returned. He was no master of the force, he didn't pretend to be, but when you lived a long time you tended to notice things, patterns, recurring anomalies, if you will. With that in mind he looked at the list of sales items and closed his eyes as he tooka deep breath.

"And what, pray, would the rest of your stock be worth?" He said casting a look over the dark woman's face and committing it to memory, "and where did you find so many...interesting things?"

He smiled and leaned further on his staff letting his age show.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Aynea waved to an approaching customer: [member="Selka Ventus"]. She hadn't personally known the woman, but theirs was a name that had crossed her ears once or twice in the past. The vixen had also been somewhat of a frequent customer at Silk, buying modular components for her yachts and freighter.
Before she could speak a formal greeting, Aynea had been held short by the woman's murmurs. The vixen waited, and listened, and simply offered a solemn nod in reply.
"Yes, I'd be happy to sell you one of my Alchemy 101 for Beginners handbooks, written by the Crystal Heart. All proceeds go to a good cause, providing fair labour jobs to Crystalsong aboriginals! Thank you for your interest." Aynea jubilantly announced.
Her mind said something far different, with a subtle look in her eyes as she spoke both roles; it was the feral glimmer of the initiated, marred by the power of a Sith - death.
"You know... as a Jedi I should have thrown these in a vault, never to be gazed upon again. However, as a Philosopher I believed that knowledge was power and that none could truly better know the Force until they understood both aspects; for how can one claim unity but be divided? For you, the cost is but a promise - the promise not to place such knowledge in the hands of the unprepared. There is no greater price I can ask of you."
Aynea tilted the woman a subtle nod, brandishing a book from under the counter and placing within it a proof-of-purchase receipt of all the information she had for sale. A veteran of many conflicts over power, she knew not to keep such things anywhere but the safest and most unexpected of places, and would see their copies personally delivered come the end of the day.

Edit: Sniped x_x

Nyxie

【夢狐】
It was then Aynea noticed another approach, and old... well, she wasn't quite sure what manner of being he (or she) was, but it was indifferent to her.
"Welcome, sir," she replied and ended brightly smiling. "'Rest of stock...' Are you looking to buy one of everything? As for the collection, I've been... collecting things for a while. It's a bit of a hobby, actually!"
Ayenea warmly laughed, scratching the back of her head innocently. All were left none the wiser to her disposition nor her past. None could second-guess someone so... aloof. If [member="Selka Ventus"] hadn't approached her the way she did, the woman would have been treated to the same ignorant facade as well. They were times like these that the vixen no longer regret liquidating most of her collection and alchemical trinkets on QuiGonsList.net.

[member="Kalizka"]​

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Kalizka"] [member="Countess Xyhn"]

"Alchemy for beginners -- beautiful. Thanks." She pocketed the receipt and cracked open the book, half-turning toward the old alien. She'd made a point of talking quietly, but nonhuman senses varied widely. Nor was she sure when he'd appeared behind her, or how much he might have heard. He seemed very aware.

Selab.

She wasn't sure why she thought that. Maybe it was the part of her that had been the Selab Grandmaster; maybe it was the part of her that was Velok; maybe it was his enunciation. Maybe because he was a tree.

She met the Neti's eyes, one customer to another, and offered a brief uncaring smile, the kind that said I got what I wanted, I'm leaving now, and I've got other things on my mind.

Like the truly stupid amount of money she'd just paid for a truly stupid number of datacrons.

Not Ordo

[member="Countess Xyhn"] [member="Selka Ventus"]

Perhaps he was an old fool. In fact, the chances were high that he was. There was something about the woman, a distant memory perhaps, an echo in a valley. An echo from the past? He smiled openly, not bothering to hide his notice, he was too old for pretense without need. He gave a nod. He didn't think she knew, how could she? He had known Ilias and Je'gan. Ilias was to careful and Je'gan too dead to let on who Kalizka was...

He looked at the saleswoman.

"Yes, young lady how much for one of everything?" He asked kindly, "and who do I owe the pleasure of speaking with again? Sorry I'm getting old."

Nyxie

【夢狐】
"Strange that such a humble, elderly man such as yourself should have need of any of these things, no? They call me Lady Aynea Xyhn, Countess of Malfrost..."
Aynea rose her gaze up to the vastness over the Expo.
"But I am just a woman, living life each day." A serene smile crossed her face as she returned her attention back to [member="Kalizka"]. "All of these may be very expensive. I would hate to rob an elder like you of your keep. Fortune is something I am in abundance of, something anyone could have. Tell me, old one; what wisdom can you offer me?"
The foxtress only ever meant the question to be humble and graceful, as she took the figure for someone wise beyond his years. Her statement was true, she had all she could have ever hoped for. Some things, one could not put a price on, and one could not gain with money or niceties.

Noah Corek said:
[member="Noire"]
Noah looked over the holotable he was shown and looked at the multiple types of Tibanna. "I'm not very up to date on the multiple types of Tibanna, the education I have on it doesn't really extend beyond a high school chemistry class. Really the type I'm looking is the best for use in blasters."

Noire gave a nod, "Then the best type is your standard Tibanna gas." she informed him with a smile. "We would be happy to supply a large contract to mass produce your weapons for Omega Pyre."

Mara TibX and Fuels would be able to fill his requests. Each held a different price depending on if it was a long term contract, short term, the amount, and what fuel they requested. All in all, it would be a mutually beneficial relationship for both of them.

George Hardwick said:
[member="Sue"]

General Hardwick turned to look at Ale. "You understand any of that?"

"You don't speak Huttese?"

"No! Clearly I do not, or I would not be asking you if you did!"

"Alright, jesh. He said someone wants to meet us when we get chance."

"What, they can't come themselves?"

"Shh! Are you trying to drive away potential clients?" He turned to the Trandoshan. "You may tell her that we will come when we get a moment. Where do we go to meet her?"

"Miz Arceneau hatkocanh bacaka bai manpanh uba tah dooo ree dinner, hee peee bai cahcata uba bai panwa bu Expo. Kolka pineu uen ree Arceneau Headquarters ree 1900 yay." «Ms Arceneau would like to meet you this evening at dinner, so as to allow you to enjoy the Expo. Please join her at Arceneau Headquarters at 1900 hours.» Said the Trandoshan to Hardwick, giving an incline of his reptilian head.

Knowing Arceneau... this just might end up being a mutually beneficial endevour.

[member="Countess Xyhn"]

Aeron would rub her chin, "One would be fine." she told her. Then came her next question.

"Would you be able to also produce one out of Beskar perhaps?" If she could get one forged out of the heavier metal, that would be interesting.

"Maybe Songsteel?" she didn't know if the woman would have those two ores in stock, but it didn't hurt to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom