Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking Martial Artists

Hi there, Captain Vaiden here with an urgent desire to find other characters with skills in martial arts in the Star Wars spectrum. I'm not talking about that scrappy street-fighting, fight club, or brawling stuff that happens to often litter roleplay areas. I'm searching for trained users in arts like Teras Kasi or the Echani fighting styles. Hans happens to be extremely proficient in Teras Kasi

If any of your characters are trained in these arts, reply below and we can possibly set up a duel or sparring match of sorts. I'll also extend this early plot to anyone who wishes to learn Teras Kasi or maybe even attempt to teach Hans a thing or two in another art.

In short, I just wanna do some space Kung-Fu action. Let's cut backflips and roundhouse each other across the stars.

my martial arts experience comes from bushido and shotokan karate, a little bit of krav maga, greco roman wrestling, brazillian jiu jitsu, tae kwon do, a bit of judo, and a couple other that I know a bit less about.

[member="Hans Vaiden"]

[member="Hans Vaiden"]

Not a black belt but like almost made it to blue in Isshinryu Karate <this was two years ago mind you. I also practiced in Jujitsu and Kung-Fu(5 animals thing... Karate was my passion) but I only took the classes here and there and never really got far. I remember almost all of the grapples and self defense. Which is why I named the style for Uri, Agamarian Self-defense. And it's also named that because Uri and the monks are pacifists.

But I'm weaponmaster of the Sai! ;) ... Not really but you know. >.> I own a pair and know how to use them better than a katana so that is why they are Uri's weapon of choice. :)

IRL I do Medieval Western Martial Arts, and I am a very big student of movement. Most of my characters know some form of martial arts, Taenor here will be more like a krav maga type because that's what I think Mandalorians would use. I have another character who is trained in Teras Kasi, a Jedi padawan who is a lightsaber fighter and an Obsidian Knight who is entirely ranged.

If you want to spar any of them that can happen. The Jedi won't even try to kill you or anything, he's to much the paladin type to flat out kill a person.

Shotokan karate for ten years, some jujitsu from a couple of meh teachers, some aikido from a brilliant one, couple years of fencing as a kid. When I get the urge to write martial arts, I generally write Jorus' style as influenced by jujitsu and Ashin's as influenced by Shotokan. Always down for a fight if something's at stake.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Sick. Did about nine years of both Tae-Kwon-Do and Jiu-Jitsu, lots of grappling and footwork stuff. I'm totally down for a gnarly fight, though I doubt I've got anything worth much ICly.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

The right circumstances? What's not to enjoy about sparring with your average, devilishly handsome Captain?

Break has downloaded and mastered Hijkata. Not a very fancy style but it gets him out of a lot of sticky situtations. If you're willing to teach Break is willing to learn....at a pace that would make any organic want to quit.

[member="Hans Vaiden"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom