Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secret Invasion

Vaas

V
SECRET INVASION

Much like the Skrull the Yuuzhan Vong have the power to morph and assimilate lives of others. What this has to do with anything is a more or less (mostly more) of a knock off of the marvel comic book Secret Invasion by the Skrull. Only this time it's against the republic and whether they win or not is up to however this story arc goes. A sub division of the Horde known as Secret Invasion are a group of operatives and Yuuzhan Vong cloakers and morphers whose jobs are to replace key members of the republic from the Jedi to the senate in order to cause its downfall. I wanted to see who might be interested in joining up to help take down the republic or lose really either way this goes there's always going to be a republic unless the galaxy as a whole turns on them. So I am ready to hear opinions and battle the trolls, have at thee foul monsters of the never never!!

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I'd help if only I knew for certain where the Mandolorians stand in terms of the Republic. Otherwise, morphing is what this character was solely made to do!

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] *Looks at sig* Dragon rider? Dude I have to talk to you now!

and to get back on topic *grabs pitch fork and a torch* Rebellions. YAY!

@[member="Diana Moridena"] But why would they need to use it? It temporarily abandons their ability to use the Force, plus I can't see a reason why any Jedi would be doing that on a regular basis.

Cedric Dorn

C
@[member="Voroll"] With the amount of Sith, Criminals, and other unpleasant things that have been infiltrating the senate? I can imagine there would be a few Jedi who constantly venture around using Vongsense on things.

Also, through the use of Lambent plant crystals one doesn't necessarily have to be disconnected from the force to be using Vongsense since the Lambent itself is the thing that allows one to "sense" the Vong, or at leas thats how the source material makes it sound.

Though i want to state, just because i say that some of us have the ability to sense Yuuzhan Vong, don't let that stop you! This is a great idea and should be tried out, just don't expect people to roll over and let you do it.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Just a point of clarification - the NJO books (especially the Edge of Victory ones which invented Vongsense) demonstrate that Vongsense acquired through bonding with a Lambent crystal biot will still require you to abandon your Force connection temporarily to use it. The Wook page is accurate.

Cedric Dorn

C
Ashin Varanin said:
Just a point of clarification - the NJO books (especially the Edge of Victory ones which invented Vongsense) demonstrate that Vongsense acquired through bonding with a Lambent crystal biot will still require you to abandon your Force connection temporarily to use it. The Wook page is accurate.
My bad.

Seems like @[member="Ashin Varanin"] beat me to it. :p
And despite @[member="Sarge Potteiger"]'s inference, it just seemed a bit odd that it would be used regularly considering the only Vongs (that I think we are all made aware of) are the colonies in CIS space. I have no idea how many times a group has tried to re-create the Vong and invasion, so I'm completely blind to that if it's been a fair few times.

Cedric Dorn

C
dycdxvO.gif

I say, bring them on! The citizens of the Republic are now completely adjusted to having various planets get maimed by enemies. Infiltration is fun, but once you reveal yourself, you'll get curb stomped by an army of Jedi!
logo2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom