Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Second Galactic Economic Conference

Che Chuchi Boutique
High quality single-run items pushing the bounds of technology and imagination.
Inquire with Chuchi herself for custom orders, or browse the selection of completed works

Tag: Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla but Open to others

The booth was set and a few pamphlets passed out. Chi was feeling much more centered now and in control with the non-disaster of a late arrival averted. Gazing out over the crowd, she decided to join them, leaving a Ji-Ji inhabited protocol droid behind to handle inquires. Pacing the showroom floor, it became apparent that most of the displays weren't for her. Militarists and planetary industrialists seemed to be the focus of most of the displays. Stations, warships, huge weapon systems dominated the tech demonstrations in a way that was disheartening to the socialite. She doubted that many of them were interested in fashion or the clever little inventions she'd made to draw attention to her little boutique of custom tech. And if any of them wanted something bespoke, they'd likely make it themselves much as she did.

Passing a snack booth, she snagged a banana to peal back and much on as she walked. It was the smaller booths that began drawing her eye, the ones pressed off to the side or with less grandiose shows. one that caught her eye like it had so many others, because there were Mandalorians stationed there. The Black Hand Collective sounded ominous but taking another bolstering bite of her banana, Chi stepped up to examine what they had. The weapons were mostly just guns to her until she started reading the display about the 'commando' particle blaster. It was interesting to see how the Mandalorians had overcome the same issues she'd faced in making a similar rifle and the sub-guns she was currently working on.

It was hard to avoid someone who's estate you had been staying at, but somehow he had been avoiding her quite well. Perhaps she had been avoiding him as well.

They had been arguing quite a bit. It had started months back but that had been mild to their recent spats. Hadn't always been this way. Judah had considered their relationship relatively easy-going and close. It wasn't as if he had many friends ; despite the disagreements he still considered Danger his best friend.

Hard to say if she still felt the same.

Hands slid into his pockets, awkward posture of someone who didn't quite know where to start a conversation. At least they couldn't get into an argument here ; both valued their reputations far too much to make a scene.

“How are you doing? Brandy, that's a little different.”

Danger had a habit of Corellian Whisky. Whyrens reserve to be exact. Eyebrows raised a little, wondering what else had changed and what else he had been missing out on recently.

“I uh, came to tell you I won't be around the Farm for awhile. A month or three. I really don't know.”

Makai ‘suggested’ he go away for more than a month. More than heated, his son had told him point blank not to return until he was ready to act like a father and friend to Danger once again. It was probably the worst fight he had with his own flesh and blood, resulting in him storming off and not talking to Makai since.

“Makai will be in charge of Salacia, his company, and Persephone while I am away. He shouldn't need any assistance. I will hopefully make it back for the wedding.”

Meniium-Scrani Industrial Station
Feel free to Approach for chat or business
| Glistaweb Outfit & x | x | x | x |

eb5dabe84ad658de17caf969bedfb32c.jpg

Twenty years of friendship and Danger thought she could still read Judah in a manner few could. More recently, however, it had been difficult to distinguish his body language from the words he spoke and those that went unsaid. None the less, there was always tell with the man -- the way he stood, hands tucked into his pockets, oceanic eyes looking at everything and everyone save Danger herself, knowing she wouldn't risk a scene in such a public place. He hadn't mentioned the kids right away, so it must be about business.

Oh, how mistaken she was.

"Trying the local specialty. You know, when in Etti V... and as well as one can be," she remarked casually, her green eyes fixed on Judah's face while he seemingly avoided hers. The phrase 'When in Etti V' meant accepting what was offered out of courtesy. She'd have Corellian Whyren's afterward.

Yet despite her composed demeanor, Danger felt anything but composed once Judah continued. A twitch of a feint ghost of a smile would curl her upper lip. How cruel could you be, Judah? She pondered, listening to his empty small talk about her drink choice after asking her how she was doing?

As if he hadn’t been living at the farm with her and the kids so that he could recuperate and try to work on his relationship with Makai and Persephone. Heartless enough to approach her in public just to avoid a scene? To drop bombshell news on her and expect her to hold her tongue?

Did he plan this out publically for such a very reason?

"I see," she replied, tilting her head in thought, her brows arching ever so slightly. Her generous bosom rose as she took a deep breath, forcing the graceful smile to linger. While she maintained a facade of politeness, her eyes betrayed a hint of suspicion. Look further, and one would catch the glint of hurt.

Oh, how wretched we've become.

"A sojourn or a sabbatical?" Danger inquired, testing if Judah would even entertain the idea to answer. She had borne witness to, from a distance, the tense and volatile fight Makai and Judah had back at the farm. All she knew was that Judah had left abruptly thereafter, and she hadn't seen them discuss anything or be in the same room since.

Last edited:
While Danger might think there was malice in his actions, it was far from his intention. Of course he could have told her at the Farm but he was too exhausted to keep arguing ; knowing he would have said something that would have set her off and it would have spiraled from there.

Considering he hadn't even told her he was attending the business conference, now just seemed an opportune time. His other plan was to merely send a message through the Holonet after the fact, but that seemed even worse than this plan.

Brows furrowed at the term sojourn or sabbatical. Sojourn was typically a short stay somewhere. Sabbaticals were longer and sometimes involved learning. Perhaps rest. Not being able to answer correctly in his eyes would fan another misunderstanding.

"Sabbatical I suppose? I am headed to a....Nunnery? An asteroid called G'aav'aar'oon. Apparently it is run by a group of healers."

Judah didn't know much beyond the fact it was a highly recommended program for getting ones self back on the right track. It had a reputation for healing since the Clone Wars, which was impressive within itself.

"I...uh, didn't want you to wonder where I was."

Not that he suspected his presence would be missed. The only reason he hadn't slunk back to Celestia Station had been young Persephone, still quite unsure what to do with the girl. No Dashiell had stepped forward to claim her as their own and genetic testing only narrowed down so much in a massive family where it would be impossible to test a majority. That would take years.

It was a good thing Danger hadn't taken a sip of her brandy then; she'd have snorted the liquor right plum through her nostrils and made a fool of herself.

"A nunnery?" the shock would reflect in her emerald-fire eyes, but she would do her best to try to keep her expression civil. Decades in this trade had facilitated the Queen of Trade in being able to keep her cool even amidst the most shocking of business ventures. Then again, Judah always had a way of getting under her skin.

One might joke if Judah was keen on taking up vows, but when the older Salvager clarified that it was a group of healers, her mother henning ways couldn't help but shine through. The cordial expression melted into one of concern.

"Are you alright?" she asked before being able to reign in her tongue, catching it between her teeth as if to take it back. But once it was said, one couldn't take it back. Well, it was up to Judah to elaborate if he so chose. For now, she redirected the conversation towards his comment regarding letting her know that he didn't want her wondering where he went.

"I see, mighty grateful for lettin' me know. Will you be givin' the kids your contact information so they can call upon you?"

"Uh...er...no, everything is no alright. Hence my leaving for awhile."

Judah rocked on his heels, not planning on elaborating further. Perhaps in the future he would feel more comfortable in a one-on-one situation, not in a conference full of strangers who could overhear. Didn't need to give anyone the idea he was unfit to run Salacia Consolidated.

In the back of his mind, Makai was half-way ready to take such a step and push him out of the company if needed.

"There are no comms allowed, only datapads during certain times of the day. Before turning in, I think. I uh, am certain, those closest to me have my holomail address. If not, Myra has already indicated she will be in contact with myself and I am positive would be willing to share the information."

Mentally, he made a note to send Myra the information on what was just ordered from House Mecetti, to ensure things went smoothly and on schedule. It would take months for the stations to be built, operational, and towed to a location in space, so it wasn't as if he wouldn't be around to handle finishing details.

Leaning in, Judah kissed the Trade Queen on the cheek, wrapping up the conversation.

"Take care of yourself."

Judah could have knocked her over with a feather then, but the Queen of Trade did her best to keep her cool. Even as the tickle of his beard and the warmth of his lips as they brushed against her skin in a light kiss of goodbye. He hadn’t bothered to be this close to her in a while.

She had as many questions as any could imagine, but by now she knew too well how tight lipped and close to his chest Judah kept his cards. That he chose to relay this to her in public only seemingly continued the miscommunication. More so since it appeared he had spoken plenty about this more with Myra than Judah had even relayed to Danger. It was what it was.

"Then I hope you get all that you need and are searchin’ for to make it right.” What else could she say here? Her mouth was already subtly twitching in holding back a medley of words and pointed expressions.

Then again, what would be the use? Only to get told to mind her own fretting and leave it be.

Taking a breath, Danger squared her shoulders and shone Judah a small encouraging smile. If anything, for whatever was left of their friendship, he deserved that.

“Take care, Judah…”

It would be the last words the elder Dashiell would hear from the Queen of Trade for a long, long while.

Vulpesen did his best to listen to what Krass was telling him, but even with all that he'd seen and done, Vulpesen was a simple man. He made weapons that worked. Weapons that a man could buy and use to shoot another man that was trying to harm him. The VSF was doing well, but it was times like this that Vulpesen realized that cutting edge was the purview of people like the woman before him. He was merely the mind that thought of what a soldier could use. She was the mind that could put those things together and more. "You know, I'd ask you to just let me know when you find a device to revive the dead... but Matsu's already helped me do that. Quite frankly, you're the last people I'd want to be up against in a corporate war." He strolled back to the Lupa, setting down the wild dog and pressing his palm to the long barrel of a Dire Wolf AMR. "I'm about to start a restaurant chain just to find a market you aren't using to rewrite reality."

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Vulpesen Vulpesen

That got a chuckle from her mostly because of his comment. "Master Matsu believes in covering just about any possibility with how things change and have changed in such a short time. It does well to be able to have something that might help in a future danger as opposed to struggling to find anything that might help. Baffor pollen is a good example for the vong... So powerful and so dangerous they could face fleets and armies of jedi.... and win but a simple thing from a world most would overlook just happened to react negatively to them." She hoped he got the idea as he mentioned food and nodded. "Sasori has its host clubs and cafes. Small food that can be made and sold from galaxy wide trained chefs."

He simply let out a defeated sigh as she mentioned the cafes and clubs, leaning fully against the hull of the craft. "Of course it does. Surely there's some industry you haven't gotten into yet. I've seen you in medicine, arms, ships, armors, and I'm pretty sure you've got some sort of appliance. Perhaps a blender that mixes things together on a molecular level?" He rose a brow in challenge. Of course, even if that specific item wasn't made, he was sure that Krass would have something up her sleeve. "Actually, I'm starting to get into ordinance. I think that's gonna be VSF's newest line. Fighting alongside my men, I think I've developed an appreciation for things that go boom."

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Vulpesen Vulpesen

"Actually it creates a singular hyperspace wormhole able to take you to and retrieve you from the coordinates you program in. Allowing you to go to the store quickly if needed or work and then return home. It can aid in reducing travel time greatly..... but blending foods on a molecular level could work for a different product.. Hydration is important in making fruit smoothies to work out with." SHe said it and had a nod of her head as the subject of munitions and oridinence came up. "Explosions are important as well as what you can do with them. Good luck as most competitors seem to stick with the standard heat and concussive force or heavier ion."

Vulpesen's ear flicked and he lifted his head up to face Krass as she explained her new invention. He could deride them all he wanted for their unnecessary grandiosity, but he could never refute the use that their products had. "One road only? I wouldn't mind having one between my office and Coruscant. It'd make commutes to work a lot easier. Or perhaps we should put it in the Howlaw Court building, it'd certainly make Lucas happy, being able to travel more freely between his family and the constant work I've been dropping on his head."

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Vulpesen Vulpesen

"Only one but you can set the coordinates as needed so if you wanted it to go from work to your office it could be done. We have also developed personal assistance biots that work to ease stress and work loads if it is needed." SHe said it with a look and was interested in a few things. "We have also been working on developing advancements in our medical technologies now that we have hyperspace lanes to the seven known galaxies outside of our own. We found some dangers but also a whole host of new things no one has seen in their lifetimes.... then there are the extradimensional endeavors thanks to stations and mines in otherspace and the existance of numerous pockets that we can find whole worlds and species."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom