Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech SDF Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot0023.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A utilitarian armor for policing action.
  • Image Source: The Expanse
  • Canon Link: None
  • Permissions: None
  • Primary Source: None
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: AoC
  • Affiliation: AOC
  • Model: SDF Armor
  • Modularity: None
  • Production: Minor (A Single Major Faction, or groups.)
  • Material: Armor Weave, Duraplast Plating
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose Medium Armor
  • Weight: Average
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: High
    • Kinetic: Average
    • Lightsabers: Low
    • Sonic: Average
    • EMP/ION: Average
    • Elemental: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • High resistance to the most common of weapons.
  • Vacuum rated.
WEAKNESSES
  • Vulnerable at the joints
  • Designed for police, not military
  • Low light vision can be overwhelmed by sudden bright light.
DESCRIPTION
Following the attack on the H.O.P.E. sphere and a raid by the Vagarri, Scintilla organizers created a self defense force and policing unit aboard the station. Their armor is geared towards policing work on the large station, allowing the wearer to operate across the represented biomes and in a vacuum should there be a hull breach. Non-lethal shock gloves assist in subduing suspects while an in-built HUD allows for identification or quick organization and response to changing security situations.

Meant to be comfortable during long shifts, the SDF Armor was designed with the user in mind and unlike more militaristic armor, leaves larger gaps between plating that are only protected by the armorweave underlay. The biometrics allow access to parts of the station restricted by such means while preventing unauthorized use. Should the wearer fail the check, all the powered parts will shut down save the IFF signal which will broadcast a compromised warning to prevent thieves from using the armor against legitimate security.

Last edited:

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Hello Domino Domino , I'm Shuk and I'll be judging your submission. Love the reference image used, by the way, I've been in love with that armor ever since the first season of The Expanse.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
So far, until we get here, everything else looks good. You've got a shield generator listed as a component. You need to make sure that their ratings match up, For example, the armor has an average kinetic resistance, but the shield gen has very high kinetic resistance. You need to make sure that any ratings you list for the armor match up with the shield generator.

SPECIAL FEATURES
Nice set of features, however, can I ask you to link those features? It'll make it easier for people using the armor or fighting against it to understand precisely what it is you're going for. I understand that you do expand on some of this in the description, but even so, please link them.

When you're done making these changes, go ahead and tag me. Thank you.

Heya Shuklaar. I've gone ahead and linked Wookieepedia articles that relate to the features like asked.

I am hesitant to change the armor rating to match the shield's however, the armor isn't meant to the best of protection and if its defenses match the shield it'll be pushing the protection it always has up to the temporary protection of a shield that must be activated. Making surviving ambushes and other surprise attacks or prolonged engagements more of a sure thing past the 'burst' protection of the shield.

Doing so will also drastically change the flavor of the armor from 'decent security gear' to more 'high-end military armor.' Something I want to avoid and will change my listed weaknesses.
Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Shuklaar Kyrdol

Ah, yes, understandably. That is very much what you're going for, and I appreciate that. In fact I wish there was more of this sort of thing. Unfortunately, those are the rules, so here's my suggestion. Next to the armor's ratings, put the shield's rating (in parenthesis or what have you), and specify that the rating is for when the shield is active. Naturally, however, you'll still have to ensure balanced ratings across the board.

Tag me when you've made the requisite changes, please and thank you. Domino Domino

Shuklaar Kyrdol

Domino Domino , so what you should be going for is the armor's resistances with the shield active rather than the shield's resistances themselves. So since the armor itself has elemental resistance, you need to change the elemental resistance rating listed in the second ratings listing to match up with the armor.

That's what I thought at first but your second post made it sound the way that I did it. After a quick search of the factory I couldn't find any other armor with shields done this way to compare, nor could I find mention of doing this in the factory rules. Was there an announcement I missed? Could you link something showing me where this is explained to prevent confusion in future submissions? Personally I don't think the ratings should be combined as attacks will hit the shield, disable it, then the armor. If they don't bypass the shield entirely before striking the armor. Combining the two into one just muddles the affair during RP imo and forces readers to separate them out.

Anyways, I've gone ahead and removed all mention of the shield (Resistances, Strength, and Features) from the submission.
Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom