Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Scrapyard Jedi

Calix of Thyrsus

C

jeditemplebanner.png

C O R U S C A N T
NEW JEDI TEMPLE
[ Calix's Theme ]
div-goldiguess.png
Living in a Jedi Temple was an exercise in opposites.

For one, the gymnasiums were second to none. Physical obstacle courses were challenging to begin with, with special challenges that increased in difficulty to try and encourage innovation between physical and also Force reaction time. He rather enjoyed those. He could always get a good, full body workout.

The library, on the other hand, just made his head hurt. There was a book report due on this dusty holobook titled On The Bondage Of The Whills by some long-dead Jedi Master. Calix hadn't even made it through the first chapter. He'd read the same paragraph over and over again, and was usually more confused the second or third time than he had been the first.

So, he did what he liked to do when he needed a break. Dead lifts followed by some cardio and then a green smoothie protein shake.

Now, as he made his way through the interior of the temple, the Thyrsian was on the lookout for a new padawan that he'd been told had a knack for finding things.

Armor was not easy to maintain. Especially when it included laminanium, which both of his armors did. Having some additional stores of the metal would be useful in maintaining the appearance of the armor plating. He did not know if this Cai could be useful in finding such things, but the Thyrsian was curious enough to ask and then see where the conversation would take them.

It would at least be easier than trying to wrap his brain around that book.

GAPostBreaker.png

Tags: Calix of Thyrsus
Objevtive:
Help out a friend
Soundtrack: The Tower

D381-EDA7-9991-452-F-9476-613421-A2-C693.png

"Laminanium?" Cailen said, turning his head in curiosity.

Thick. Durable. Expensive, on account of its interesting properties and high-end uses. Finding a sizable quantity would be tricky, but not impossible. In fact, it was likely some of the old scrap droids the Padawan had been tinkering with might contain enough of the alloy to be of use - though that depended largely on what the newly met Calix had in mind.

He hadn't officially met the other Padawan, but names often travel farther than introductions. That's probably how he learned of Cailen's affinity for salvaging useful materials from old ships and droids.

"What are you working on?"

Calix of Thyrsus

C

The afro-headed teen just inclined his head slightly at that question.

A more dense or common metal, it might have been for a new set of free weights. Which, if Cai had an angle of some 10 kilo dumbbells... maybe a 20 kilo kettlebell...

"Armor," the dark-skinned youth answered simply. Then corrected the response. "Armors."

"Laminanium is a component for both of my armor sets,"
the Thyrsian remarked, holding out a datapad that contained the basic description for both his power armor and his light armor.

"The heavy armor was damaged during the fighting on Ilum," Calix supplied for explanation, adding, "The laminanium is necessary to completing the repairs."

Well, necessary for Master Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire completing the repairs, since Calix was still just an apprentice when it came to armorsmithing. And life in general.

"...and having some scrap or spare parts for future use would be... advantageous."

Ever the Echani, the boy thought in terms of strategy and advantage.

GAPostBreaker.png

Objevtive:
Help out a friend

"I see," Cailen replied, understanding all too well the aftermath of Ilum. He was lucky enough to make it offworld with little more than a broken rib and a ravaged winter suit. He just wished his friend Jem had been as fortunate. Cailen hadn't seen her since their team was extracted following the ambush. He hoped she was doing well...

"Well, I don't have any refined laminanium on hand. But I do know where we can get some."

Calix of Thyrsus

C

As an Echani, Calix had an intuitive sense for body language.

The mention of Ilum seemed to elicit a response from Cai. Not one that he verbalized, but his posture and mannerisms betrayed a sense of concern. "You are worried. About something? Or someone from Ilum?" the Thyrsian asked.

Either was understandable. Calix, along with Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el and Iris Arani Iris Arani had spent a considerable amount of time after the fighting just trying to take stock of the living. Or try to help separate the wounded or the dying from the dead.

A lot in all of that to be concerned about. Or for.

"I do not mean to pry if it is not my place," the Thyrsian amended, giving a bow of his head to express gratitude at the mention that Cai knew of where they might find laminanium.

Armor was difficult to maintain. Good armor was nearly impossible to maintain, particularly with a war going on. And with the chaos surrounding the so-called Maw, it seemed that the Alliance had no end of conflict even without the Imperials bearing down on them.

"I would be honored if you would show me this place. Where can this search begin?"

Last edited by a moderator:

GAPostBreaker.png

Objevtive:
Help out a friend

"You are worried. About something? Or someone from Ilum?"

Cailen wore his initial alarm for only a moment before he found the words. He hadn't really had an opportunity to talk about what happened on Ilum beyond what he'd detailed in his after-action report to the GADF - and even that was a partially falsified record. He'd conveniently omitted the part where he went against orders to retreat and rescued an incapacitated SCAR trooper from a cave-in.

"It's alright," he said warmly. "A friend of mine was injured badly during the battle, and I haven't seen her since."

He paused for a moment, the gruesome scene replaying in his mind. "Her name is Jem. Jem Fossk."

Calix of Thyrsus

C
"A friend of mine was injured badly during the battle, and I haven't seen her since."

An honorable sentiment. And one which resonated to the core of the Echani philosophy. In the thick of battle, one might lose track of one's allies. But it did not bode well to depart the battlefield without taking an accounting of them.

The Thyrsian was quiet a moment, as he mulled over how he might have approached such a task. "Have you inquired at the Halls of Healing?" the afro-headed youth asked, finally.

It was not likely that the Healers would be forthcoming with any details, but it seemed that they might be willing to provide someone closure if the truth was that this person had passed. And if they lived, that was a detail that seemed it might spare Cailen's pain.

"They may have some record of your friend," Calix rationalized aloud, as he put forth the thought for the other padawan to consider.

Cailen Corso Cailen Corso

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom