Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sasori Vaotossa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sword
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Extremely Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Force Affinity: Infused with the force and using the Solarite metal to improve the power of it. THe jedi sword is made to function for a force user who is worthy.
    • Teleport: The primary focus of the blade and while it doesn't grant the technique it improves and teaches one how to focus and use it.
    • Force Light: A jedi channeling the lightside of the force into the solarite metal can send it as a wave from their blade.
STRENGTHS
  • Laminanium: Designed like a Quellian ship the hull of the orbital platforms has a thin layer of the material to improve repairs and over time depending on the amount of damage it is able to patch itself up.
  • Force Blade: Resistant to lightsabers with a blade edge that doesn't dull and weaved with crystals to focus the mind of the wielder.
  • Instructions: Engraved along the length of the blade with aurobesh script and jedi runes dictating how to preform the technique of teleportation. Including visualization and breathing exercises to improve your training methods. The swords crystal weaves serve to calm the mind and focus the user to let them practice the technique.
  • Lightside Aura: With the weaved solarite metal, darksiders cannot hold the blade.
WEAKNESSES
  • Force Infused: Being a force blade it is dependant on the force itself.. specifically a connection to attune and infuse it. Near yasalimiri, voidstone/steel, dampeners can cause it to lose its force connection and become just a normal hybrid plexisteel blade.
  • Limitation: The calming effect and focus is great for the blade but the skills depicted along the length of the blade nad how to use them have limitations. Even the best masters were only able to use their line of sight and it took focus and energy.
  • Distance: While most uses of teleportation is line of sight, the basic teachings of the blade inscribed on the blade length teach padawan level understanding to new users which would let them move around 4 meters.
  • Line of Sight: The skill of teleportation while it had notable users was still limited, the best masters could use their lines of sight to move... which would prevent going through walls or doors as they can't see what is on the other side. Attempting it would be dangerous as they could go into the wall and have fatal results.
  • Aura: The solarite metal makes the blade a beacon of the lightside.
  • Exotic Particles: Largely unknown and not seen in the galaxy before. It isn't invincible nor is it really strong but it reacts violently near dark and anti-matter which can disrupt and destroy it or even cause it to rupture and disintegrate.
  • Darkside: Bursts of darkside energy can weaken and shatter the blade.
  • Self Repairing: Built with a protective layer to patch the vehicle in the event of damage. The time table is dependent upon the amount of damage with smaller tears being easier and faster to repair then gashes which can take hours to reform.
    • Note: Only the layer can repair not the full plate armor itself the plating can be damaged still but the underlayer of Laminanium can reform and remain.
DESCRIPTION
Designed by Sasori as a partial training aid. The techniques detiled in jedi texts for moving around through space with the power fo the force. The blade itself is simple in design with crystal weaved throughout the lightweight material so when it is crafted and infused with the force the weight evens itself out. THe calming effect and connection to the force that is welcomed is meant for the training and practice. The skills depicted and taught with the sword to students and masters is a strange one... often regarded as rare and less known but with a history of many people across the galaxy and through the centuries being able to use it.

From small distances to longer as long as they have some visual line of sight to it. The technique is draining and takes energy which the sword both does and does not provide it doesn't make you stronger with a force battery type weapon. It isn't a nexus but it does make connecting, channeling and using the connection you have to the force better. Making the strain less on the body and mind. WIthout wasting energy as you practice to learnt he skill and how to move more then a few feet within your mine of sight. The edge of the blade shares properties with many other force crafted swords.

The edge is difficult to make dull, the blade can go against a lightsabers blade. Sasori's developing of the blades also serves as a life day special gift to other jedi as well as a means to bolster their force training aids.... and over the years it has been worked on. To improve the force affinity of it... to improve the materials and how the blade can work as the solarite metal allowed them to lessen the weight fo the blade... the force being focused within it to better calm and channel the mind allowing a jedi to use the directed technique as well as channel their energies through the blade.

Last edited:
[member="Matsu Ike"],

I really do love this concept of a weapon. Even more so the inspiration was coming from Mass Effect. However, there are some problems that I see with the balancing of this weapon.

I feel that this submission is wholly unbalanced. I would be fine if a weapon could give the wielder one of the more common powers, or even one that is fairly obscure. However, This weapon literally gives the wielder the chance to "Lol, Nope" In almost every kind of dueling, or battle scenario. This force power was used by very few instances of very large named canon characters, who were of their own right, Overpowered as hell.

With that in mind, These following I am asking for the sake of balancing for anyone who attempts to use them.

Teleportation has in various cases, came with the caveat of "Accidental teleportation" into an object, or directly into a situation that would be undesirable. An example of this would be Teleporting half way inside a wall. Which in many cases, would kill the user, or cause severe harm. I would like for this weakness to be added.

Secondary, Teleportation is a power that even listed in the Wiki, states that the lowest of users can only teleport about 4 meters from their current position. I would also like to see this added as a weakness where the sword has a Maximum moving distance of 4 meters. And yes, this can be expanded upon if the user naturally knows the ability. With the purpose of this submission for aiding those in using the Teleportation ability, The sword would only allow the "Apprentice" level usage, and the rest will have to be gained by their own natural talents.

Another weakness, is that this weapon could not be used by Dark sided, or any "Non-Light" aligned force sensitive. This would be limited due to the use of the Solari Crystal. A crystal that only activates/ or can be use by a Light sided individual. Yes, any dark sider can hold this weapon if they so wish, but they cannot use the abilities of the weapon itself, nor gain any abilities from it.

While it is a nitpick for this, Semi-Unique in the current state of the factory could mean "Anyone PC that asks to use it" Instead of the past where it was represented by a hard number. Due to this, I am very against letting this weapon be used by anyone who happens to butter you up, or be friends with you.

You specifically mention that this weapon is for an event. So I would like all the named members in the event to be listed and only those people can have this weapon. I really do not want to see a bunch of Jedi Teleporting around in the next fighting thread, and there by, the very likely reporting of this weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom