Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Saotome Artisan Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
hed3y9s.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create Sasori/Saotome droids
  • Image Source: Huyang
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: My Subs
  • Primary Source: Architect droid
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Self Repairing
  • Advanced Systems
  • Detailed lightsaber and equipment database for jedi
STRENGTHS
  • Advanced Systems: Designed to be a highly advanced upgrade from the blade sisters the Cerberus is overly engineered to be deployed in combat zones and as an offensive and defensive weapons platform.
  • Laminanium: Designed like a Quellian ship the hull of the orbital platforms has a thin layer of the material to improve repairs and over time depending on the amount of damage it is able to patch itself up.
WEAKNESSES
  • Built in power source: Designed with its own internal power source that is long lasting but it is largely able to power the armor and systems of the vehicle but when damaged it is highly explosive.
  • Gravity: The advanced thrusters of the vehicle require gravity to function at full efficiency. Without it there can't counter gravity to get speed or thrust for the high speed movement.
  • No combative features
  • Self Repairing: Built with a protective layer to patch the vehicle in the event of damage. The time table is dependent upon the amount of damage with smaller tears being easier and faster to repair then gashes which can take hours to reform.
    • Note: Only the layer can repair not the full plate armor itself the plating can be damaged still but the underlayer of Laminanium can reform and remain.
  • Sleg: A powerful energy enhancer, the sleg absorbs and channels the excessive heat generated by the operation of the droid. Making them maintain a stronger level of power but also increases the chances that they could explode from the heat.
DESCRIPTION
Designed by Saotome to be an assistant droid. The old architect model was something interesting for keeping a knowledge base of lightsabers that had been crafted by the order. With each being unique in some way aside from the general purpose. So a new model of droid were designed with the Inth Metal from Sasori, heavier yes, unable to have combat functions and pretty much only staying on their assigned ships or in their temples and buildings but what they lack in some systems they can more then make up for in database and knowledge.

THe back of them in different with tools and extra arms for aiding in the construction of lightsabers (by gathering components and aiding with knowledge) and equipment, Their main form of protection is the plating of their alloy bodies and general lack of being in most if any combat situations. Their capabilities of aiding in the creation of unique sabers or equipment on ships for jedi, or working to repair parts is second to having a dedicated artisan or member of the tech division on your ship. Their function is in line like a back up medical droid able to fill the gap but it won't be as strong as having the real thing with you.

With work and some overhauling the Artisan droids found a place in temples and one ships.. as a means to repair a saber but also for padawans to have access to a knowledge center if and when they were wanting to create one for themselves... when there isn't an artisan on hand they can also make the saber themselves from the wide selection of materials that have been crafted. The artisans from Sasori giving it a high rating and to protect it the latest in materials aand knowledge upgrades.

Last edited:
[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu Ike said:
Classification: Third Degree

Third degree droids are droids that interact with people, like protocol, servant, tutor, and child care droids. Did you intend for this to be such, or for it to be a Class Two, which typically deal with material sciences and engineering?

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

Are these droids actually crafting lightsabers?

If so, I am sorry, but while I am comfortable with droids being able to craft items, having them being able to craft lightsabers just goes against the grain on the importance that the crafting of a lightsaber is for a Force User.

Please remove that from this description.

[member="Cira"] but that is exactly what the droid did in canon. It aided in the construction of the padawans lightsabers. All the padawans once they got their crystals went to the ship, learned how to build the sabers and got the pieces from him. Artisan's also crafted sabers for jedi going against the importance of a force user making it. I have no problem removing or altering it but I don't see how a droid that crafted and aided in crafting lightsabers, taught padawans how to craft lightsabers and a specialty within the order itself that crafted lightsabers goes against the grain.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Huyang
By the time of the Clone Wars, Huyang was over a thousand years old, and had helped many Jedi younglings in the construction of their lightsabers. His purpose was to accompany the young trainees to the planet Ilum, and once they would retrieve the kyber crystal th

at called to them through the Force, he would aid them in fashioning the weapon for use.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_artisan
The arts pursued by Jedi artisans typically manifested itself in the construction of lightsabers, although they sometimes focused on other crafts. Jedi artisans might create a mere half-dozen truly master works in their career. Some of these pieces were given to particular Jedi, while others were entrusted to the Jedi Archives
While sabers are unique and personal, they were able to be made by anyone and most of the time they weren't used. I would prefer to keep that they can help with saber creation. It is in the canon and not that hard, special sabers that people want to make they can still make. Having something that can aid a jedi artisan like Kiriko and Matsu with gathering supplies or while they are working on parts they handle a couple of other things makes sense for them to have.

[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Taryc Ap'Irae"]

There is a distinct difference. If you check the Primary Source, it reveals that the droids were not involved in the construction of the lightsabers themselves. Instead, they were a fount of knowledge and assisted the Force user in building their lightsabers. That is, in providing the parts. The actual build was the Force User themselves.

That is where I am trying to get at. A mass produced droid that is able to build lightsabers is not a viable option and goes against the Spirit of Star wars in that a lightsaber is crafted by a Force user.

If you edit your description to say that they merely assist and are not actually building the lightsabers, then this may pass for approval. Otherwise, this will be denied.

[member="Cira"]

that is fair and I believe I edited all of the wording so they assist instead of build but I am heading out to work and may have rushed. Just tell me if I missed it and I will get on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom