Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sandust Crusaders

TAG: Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Josh had never acted as though he knew everything about the Lervon people. But he was happy to learn what he could, as evidenced to when he had asked Ura questions before. But all he had known was Ura had to have been healed before, considering all the battles she had been a part of. The idea that her people could not be healed by traditional means had never crossed his mind. So of course an "experimental" thing being done on his Padawan, who was his responsibility, was going to upset the Jedi Master.

Still, he listened quietly as things were explained. Up to a certain age? That might explain it. Yet the lack of a surefire method of healing for all Lervon was deathly concerning. This information only made his brow furrow even more. He was just staring at the doctor at this point, eyes piercing. Not because they had done anything wrong, but he was now watching them like an avian, waiting for something that might help in this. There had to be, right?

Ura tried to explain the process, but didn't know much. The doctor made a request, and in the end, he sighed.

"With her permission, you may."

Ura looked over at Josh as he basically said it was her choice. The Lervon closed hear eyes, seeming nervous before she finally gave an answer.

"Ok." She could seem to feel an added timidness as the Jedi doctor stretched her hands out, slowly seeming to use the Force to "feel" what was going on with Ura, and honestly it felt weird to the Lervon. It wasn't long before the doctor seemed to stop, almost focusing in on something. Josh at this point might would feel some mix of panic and worry, with the panicked sense seeming to contradict how Ura was acting right now.

Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor

He wished he could help further, or had any inkling of what was going on. But all he could do was close his eyes, and reach out. Ura as a Lervon did not have facial expressions. Using his eyes here was a futile effort. No, the best thing he could do was gauge her using the Force. But as this went on, he slowly began to realize something was wrong. Something was… Different. He didn’t know how to explain it at first, but…

The Master suddenly jumped to his feet, almost knocking his chair over.

“I feel a second presence. One that is not Ura’s. And yet is at the same time. But it’s not exuding the same wavelength as hers.”

The doctor looked at Josh, nodding as she lowered her hands. She looked looked at Ura, who just seemed a bit shocked at this point.

"That, would explain the panic from her. It's not that she's panicked, but this second presence. They... don't really seem to understand what's going on./" Ura meanwhile could could hear the voice again.

"What are they going to do...?" Ura looked at Josh and the Jedi doctor, her monotone voice managing to sound confused.

"What does that mean?" The doctor then looked at Josh, tilting her head.

"Would you like to try to explain it, or should I?"

Oh boy. As a two-time father, he knew where this was most likely going. But not being accustomed to Lervon biology, he didn’t voice his conclusion just yet. Ura was confused, and the other presence seemed… Frightened.

“You can explain what you know. While you do, I wish to try something” he spoke up as he approached Ura. “Just relax, Ura. Don’t try and intersect with my presence when I reach out. I need to pinpoint specifics to confirm my theory.”

So with that, he reached out, homing in his Force presence towards Ura, trying to find where the presence inside was coming from. His presence was gentle. He did not poke and prod. If he found the other consciousness, he did not harm it. At most, a simple brush. His goal was only to learn more.

The doctor nodded while Ura listened to her master. She could do that. Focus on the doctor's explanation while Josh looked for this presence, she assumed. While Josh did his work, the doctor would take a breath.

"Well Miss Iolar, from what your brother and other Lervonian doctors have explained to me, Lervon are just as much Force beings as they are physical. Even down to your version of DNA not being the complete story. Anyway, what me and Master Dragovalor sensed was essentially a second Force signature within your own. Similar to you as well. That's as best as I can explain." Ura looked a little confused, trying to understand just what that meant. Another signature.... Like another Lervon in her? She looked at the doctor, a hint of worry in her.

Meanwhile, as Josh focused on Ura, he would begin to find a weaker presence than his Padawan that seemed to be scared. It was almost like they didn't quite understand what was going on, at least until it seemed to notice him. He seemed... not so scary. Then the presence seemed to realize something, and timidly said "Y-you're...?"

What the...?

It was speaking? That couldn't be right. He tensed as he heard the voice. It threw his entire theory out of whack. While not sure how to respond, he took a deep breath before trying to answer it through the Force. "I am Ura's teacher. I do not seek to bring harm. I wish to understand. Who are you? Why does your presence linger beneath that of Ura?"

He knew that anything was possible with Lervonian biology, but... This was beyond his understanding.

The presence would still seem nervous, clearly not comfortable with being noticed. The presence would then slightly open up, but not by much.

"I.... I don't know.... I just.... I don't have a name... or.... I know some of Ura's memories, but... not enough to.... I know something happened.... Something bad.... P...painful.... Not like.... I don't know."

"You don't know?" he answered back curiously. "Tell me what you do know of your origins. How did you come to be? How did you find your way in here?" he continued to ask through the Force. His tone always remained calm, not wanting to risk alarming the presence. He didn't know what to think. This wasn't... Well, that, was it? This seemed... Different, able to speak freely. But how? Just what was this?

"If you can tell me all you know, maybe I can find a way to help. What is it you want exactly? What is your purpose for being in here?"

The presence seemed a bit calmer, peeking out more as it continued to speak.

"I.... Don't know.... I just... remember... uh.... How do I put it? just.... being.... And I was here. I could... feel some things.... Then I could... tell someone else was.... I could see... somewhat from what Ura sees, but... not well.... Or not compared to memories..... And I... I don't know why I'm here.... I've.... I tried to say when I was scared of things, then she started getting worried when she finally heard me.... I don't think either of use really know what.... What to do...." All of a sudden the presence seemed more worried that they couldn't answer these questions.

"Interesting... Ura said that you have been trying to... Advise her, yes? To either not do something, or in other points to even act more aggressively? Can you get more into your reasoning for these?" he decided to try when he realized that he wasn't getting anywhere with his previous questions. They were... Just there? That didn't make much sense if it was something that had purposely infiltrated her mind. But he could tell that the presence was coming not from her head, but from her body.

"So you have no idea how you got here, and you have no idea who you are or what your motivations are? You're just here? With no reason for being here?"

The presence felt… almost guilt to an extent before it responded again, almost not wanting to say.

”Because I…. I was scared… of getting hurt. I… don’t know why, but I was scared, and didn’t know what to do. So… I tried to do what I could…. Not much… and kinda… bad advice if you’re asking like that…..” It then seemed to look away almost from Josh. It was a kinda… hard reality to accept.

“Yeah…. I don’t know…. I’m just… here….”

"I will be back."

For the time being, he gently rescinded his reach as he opened his eyes. This left him with a lot of questions. Ones he had no idea if he had any answers to. But he did have theories. Wild ones, but it was worth a try. He sat back down.

"Long shot. But what do either of you know about Lervon reproduction processes?" the Jedi inquired. "The presence is not within her head. It's enclosed within her body itself. That is unusual for something meant to tamper with her brain."

Ura seemed a bit confused by the question, but the doctor would quickly seem to speak up.

"From what little I know, Lervon produce a Seed Crystal. They have a specific number of them, and when two are in close proximity in water, they dissolve, combine, and begin the process of converting minerals into Lervon crystal mass." Ura would nod a bit.

"Yeah. It's part of why you see a jars a lot around Lervon homes. It's a bit traditional. Usually takes a year for a young Lervon to really form though." Ura was confused as to why Josh would want to know this. It seemed... oddly specific.

“I see… Hear me out on this. I don’t really understand most of the process. But is it possible that you’ve managed to… Form crystals or such and such?” he inquired. “So whatever is in you, it is very much alive. I was able to speak with it, which is… Strange if it is actually young spawn. But I also know next to nothing about Lervon biology.”

He scratched his head. “The presence has no clue what they are, what they’re doing here or how they came to be. And they only motivated you to act in order to ensure its own survival, out of fear. They have no name or identity. And seem child-like in their presence.”

He looked to the doctor. “Am I onto something here? Perhaps you can help with this?”

Ura looked confused in her eyes and Force signature at the idea for a moment, quickly giving an answer.

“But… after Yurb I… lost all but one of my Seed Crystals, and it’s still here.” She would bring a small crystal to the surface, that honestly didn’t look too different to the naked eye. Though there was a difference in the Force. A looser grip on it from Ura’s own signature. The doctor would look at Ura, then back to Josh, nodding a little.

“I think you maybe be onto something.” She could seem to tell Ura was more confused, and quickly continued. “You did say the treatment you underwent for your lost crystal mass involved a crystal similar to seed crystal, but green. That lead to your small hints of coloration. It’s possibly related.” Ura just listened, honestly not sure what to think as she looked down a little.

TAG: @

"It's the best guess I can think of" brought up Josh as he scratched his head. "The entire operation you went through, as you said, was experimental. So it was a given that there would be unforeseen results. And if it involved a similar crystal, it's very possible that was able to mesh with your biology, and well..." he trailed off as he made a few hand motions as if to illustrate his point.

He didn't know much more. He could only trust the doctor to try and make some sense of it. He wasn't a medical Jedi.

“In essence, a clone, or as close as a Lervon could have,” the doctor responded, thinking for a second before looking at the green crystal mass that Ura had. She seemed to have an idea.

“If they are young, that would mean they’re possibly growing too. It’s possible they’re also bound to the green crystal mass. Essentially, you and them share it.” Ura looked, trying to make sense of everything as she looked at Josh, closing her eyes a little.

“So…. It’s almost like I have a sister, or daughter, but we’re… almost bound to each other?”

A clone? Or, essentially a sister, or moreso a daughter considering the age of the Lervon “clone” that was fostered inside of her. Both of them were tied to the same crystal, though. Which could make things… Complicated.

“I don’t suppose there’s a way to separate them without killing this second Lervon consciousness, is there?” he inquired. “This doesn’t sound like it’s a basic Lervon birthing procedure if it’s literally stuck to her crystal mass. While I’m sure she could get used to their presence now that she knows they’re there and their intentions, it would probably be better to find a solution that can allow both to co-exist separately. If possible. That would be the best case scenario. But I don't know our options.”

The doctor looked at Josh, then Ura. She knew this one would be a difficult one to explain, and especially noting the Lervon’s combat history….

“Assuming the young presence is truly growing like a young Lervon, and the new crystals aren’t shared, it would simply take some time. From what Padawan Iolar’s brother has told us, when some sort of separation needs to be done, each in general need 60% of their mass already separate, in part for a buffer. Then…. The usual process does require melting the shared mass, but the individuals are asleep during it, so it would be effectively painless.” Ura still seemed to tense at the idea of melting anything. She knew it was safe, but still after what she’s been through…. The doctor would sigh a bit before continuing.

“The second option… has never been tried. It is theoretically possible to use Force Sever to separate the Force presence of one individual from the shared crystals, but the effects of trying this aren’t known.” Ura seemed to look back at Josh, not sure what exactly to do, especially since the last time she decided something put her and the presence in this situation. She wasn’t just worried about herself now either, since she finally knew the nature of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom