Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sandust Crusaders

TAG: Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

Ura Iolar had been Josh's Padawan for a very long time now, and he was quite proud of her. He had heard reports of her many exploits during his absences from the Order, and now that he was back in action, he wanted more than ever to see how far she had come. The battlefield was the world's greatest teacher. But there were some things that only a real teacher could do. And he wanted to be sure that he was there when Ura needed him. He had been around when things had happened on Yuurb, but they hadn't had much chance to talk about it. He'd done his best for her people while he was there, but he did wish he could do more.

Today would be her first proper training session with him in a little while. A chance to see her progress and see if there were any flaws in her game he could work on. So at the Silver Rest, he waited. If not for the Bryn, he'd have called this session sooner. After the battle with the Bryn, it had been spread around that the newly appointed Grandmaster was out of commission. These reports were greatly exaggerated. It was nothing that a week with his family wouldn't fix.

So back again, he's here for you. The finest member of the SJO Krew was back in action. Waiting for Ura in the training area of the Rest sitting legs-crossed, as always.

Ura slowly walked up, not sure how this would go. It would be her first training session in some time, and she wasn't sure how her Master react to some... things that had happened over time. He had already seen the results of Karra Tor Karra Tor 's attempt at a way to heel Lervon, but Josh, as far as she knew, hadn't seen the other thing that she first noticed during the Sith Eternal attack. She looked around for a moment before hearing something.

I don't....

I'm not dealing with this today.
Ura sighed a little as she continued, finally walking into the training room, and letting off a happy sense at seeing Josh.

"Hey Master Dragovalor. I hope you've been doing well." Even with her seeming happy to get back into training, the Grandmaster would possibly notice her Force signature was... off.

Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor

He could tell pretty quick that something was off. While they hadn't had a chance to train together in some time, he had trained enough Padawans to sense a change in them. Kat had gone off at him for taking on as many Padawans at once as he tended to, but the experience had been a positive one for him, as he was able to learn a lot of things to apply to different situations. And to recognize certain things that a Jedi less experienced with so many different people wouldn't see as easily. So he smiled and motioned for her to sit down in front of him.

"I can tell something's troubling you, you know" he responded with a gentle smile. "If you're comfortable with it, why don't we lighten your load a bit before we begin? Happy mental health is just as important as happy physical health, after all" he offered in turn. "If it's something very private that you feel you don't trust me with, I won't be offended, of course. But I think you'll feel better if you unload a bit. It'll help your training too. A Jedi operates best with a clear mind. So don't spare details, I don't mind if the session takes a bit longer than planned."

Ura looks a little surprised as Josh spoke. She looked down a little, her glowing eyes seeming to close for a second. She would then hear the voice again.

What if he get mad...? Ura then opened her eyes again, looking at Josh before getting ready to speak. Her crystal mass seemed to shift around nervously before finally getting some words out.

"I... tried to help when the Sith Eternal attacked.... Ok, to tell you the truth I was shot down, but before that I.... I started hearing... a voice. Not like... a conscience, or just my mind working.... It's different.... It's like it's not really me, or something different." She wasn't sure how her Master would react, especially since it was hard for her to explain it herself.

"A voice?" he inquired curiously, tilting his head in turn. If she had expected him to get mad, she was going to have to do a little bit better than that. Instead there was confusion. She was clearly on edge about this whole voice thing, so there had to be more to it. She hadn't exactly been the same since Yurb, which made sense. Had other things happened that he wasn't aware of? Something to lead to this voice, perhaps?

"Elaborate for me, best you can. Spare no detail. Perhaps it's something I can help with?" he offered with a bright smile. He sure hoped he could.

Ura gave off a hint of surprised, but at the same time a worry came off of her as well.

Please don't....

"It's... it's like there's someone else in my head.... Like I can't just make it be quiet... or anything like that." Ura would then nervously look down, trying to figure out how else to explain it. She looked around for a second before finally speaking up again. She was nervous like before, but she seemed to have an idea. "It's... almost like using a Force Meld with someone, except there isn't another being. It's all... in my mind.... Plus... I...." She again froze up a little, not sure if she should really mention this part. Ura would simply look at her Master, not entirely sure how to continue.

So there was an actual second voice in her head? That was... Concerning. He tilted his head at the revelation. There were several possible explanations, but he wouldn't know what to pursue until he got some information. Hearing voices in their head wasn't really a subject that Josh was skilled in. He would likely need to take this to the rest of the Triumvirate in order to find the right person for the job. But the first order of business was figuring out Ura's situation so he could then best decide how to help.

She was clearly nervous... What was this voice telling her?

"Elaborate on what the voice tells you. Best you can. Perhaps if we can get to the root of it, we can figure out a diagnosis for you."

Ura looked at Josh, shaking her head a little. This was going to be interesting to explain what this voice would say. She closed her eyes, speaking again and attempting to stay calm.

"It's... hard to really explain. It seems... almost scared a lot of times, or tries to convince me not to do something, or react more aggressively. It's... almost like it's running more off instinct maybe."

No I don't. Ura mentally sighed, the looked at Josh. She really hoped he would have at least some ideas. Right now it seemed like he was trying to figure out what was going on, just like she had been. The "young" Lervon, then eyed the ground, waiting for what he thought.

Convince her not to do something, or to react more aggressively? That sounded like a supernatural case. But it was hard to say. "Have you checked any archives for Lervon disorders or conditions that might sound similar to this? It could be something to do with your Force-based biology. By human standards, this would be attributed to either a person, or an artifact in your position trying to take control of you. Or a mental illness. But you seem perfectly fine to me from a mental stability standpoint or we wouldn't be having this conversation. Or at least, that's what it seems like on the surface."

He scratched his beard as he considered further possibilities. "This sounds like a medical issue, overall. Have you talked to the Order's medics about it? They would be more capable of pinpointing a cause than I could. I'm not a professional healer, unfortunately."

He wanted to help best he could. But this was definitely not a matter that was going to be able to handle on his own, that's for sure.

Ura looked at her master, looking down as she listed. He asked if she had researcher Lervonian illnesses, or been to the medics. She closed her eyes, a small wave of sadness and fear seemed to hit her as she thought. The young Padawan then looked back at Josh, shaking her head.

"I.... I'm afraid.... I'm worried whatever they would find. What if.... What if they find something that means I won't be able to continue training, or if it's the start of something worse? Or...."

I'm the scared one? Ura would've grumbled about the comment if she wasn't more focused on Josh right now.

He nodded his head slowly, biting his lip in turn. She had every right to be afraid of that sort of thing. But he did need to be the adult in this situation, as much as he sympathized with her plight. "It's very possible, but if this is a problem that needs to be caught quickly in order to take care of it without aversive effects, then it really is best that you get medical help as soon as possible" he admitted with a sigh. He didn't like having to subject her to that as much as he knew she didn't want to.

"I can go with you, if you want?"

Ura looked down as she listed to her Master. He was right. She needed to talk to someone for help, but.... She just didn’t know what to do. It was all so different for her. She knew she needed medical help, and even though Josh did say here fears were a possibility... she needed to go. Then he offered to go with her, and Ura seemed surprised. He...? She looked back at him, nodding.

“Th-that would help....”

Wow....

"Of course I will, then" he spoke up softly, with a gentle smile in turn. "We'll go whenever you're ready. And I'll stay by your side for as long as I'm able. Obviously my occupation may call me elsewhere at some point, but I'll do my best to delay it to stay with you for as long as I can. You have my word on that" he promised.

For this time period, Ura would be his first priority. Being a Master was not just about training. It was about being someone the Padawan could trust, who would be there at their side no matter what came for them. A Master was meant to be their biggest fan and their biggest supporter, who would do whatever it took to ensure that it was a healthy and prepared Padawan who faced the Trials one day. This was how Josh viewed the relationship between a Master and Padawan, and he took that very seriously.

Ura would look at Josh, a happy feeling coming off of her. It as good to know her Master as there for her. At the same time Josh may have pick up on what seemed like a hint of confusion though. It was odd, but Ura didn't seem to confused by what he said. The young Lervon would then close her eyes, thinking before she would finally speak up.

"I... guess it's time to go see someone about this then?"

He could sense confusion, but he didn't really understand why. As she didn't speak on the matter, he couldn't really speak on it either though. All he could do was his best -- and that was to support his Padawan the best he could. So with that, he nodded his head and motioned to the door. "We had best be off, yes. I'll let you lead the way. This is your journey, after all" he spoke softly, giving a gentle smile in turn as he tried his best to reassure her.

He wished he knew what was going on, but this was a complete unknown to him. Hopefully a medical professional could diagnose her better. "I'll remain at your side, no worries."

Ura nodded, seeming more calm as her and Josh would walk to the medical center. She was still worried, but calmer. There was another sense of worry around her though, but again it didn’t seem to match with Ura’s current state. Soon they would get to the center though, and a Jedi Healer would walk in. Given her almost Force being nature, it was figured that would be the best to send a healer. He looked at the Lervon, tilting his head.

“Well..... Oh? I wasn’t expecting a Master to be here as well. What seems to be the issue here, Padawan.” Ura looked at Josh looking back down before speaking up.

“I.... I’ve been... hearing a voice. In my head. But it’s like it’s.... Like it’s not me....”

The Healer would eye Josh, as if making sure this wasn’t a joke.

Josh had expected confusion. He had been confused initially too and figured it would be the same here. Still, he wished the healer was a bit more open minded. But there was nothing he could do but fix it. Having planned ahead for this possibly, Josh already had an explanation prepared to the best of his abilities.

“My Padawan has been hearing things, yes. The same voice again and again, with a consistent theme. As she is a Lervon, a race heavily in tune with the Force, I suspect it possible that this tune is either being manipulated, or there being a medical malady going on. Whether it is specific to her race, I am not sure. But we thought it best to handle the matter with a professional. Thus our coming here. Any expertise that can be lended would be greatly appreciated.”

The doctor looked at Josh before sighing a little.

"Lervon aren't quite my specialty, but I can try me best. I noticed the green portions of your body young one. Is it dyed?" Ura looked down a little bit, closing her eyes a before opening them again and speaking up.

"I... got hurt when the Bryn inva.... When they attacked Yurb. Another doctor was working on a way to... let my kind heal from injuries. I... I helped test it." The doctor looked at Josh for a second before slowly waving her hand over the Lervon, seeming to be focusing on something. She wasn't sure how this technique might have effected the Padawan, but she wanted to check something to be sure she was ok.

Josh took a seat near Ura's side and listened as the Lervon explained what had happened to her previously. An experimental method to heal injuries for Lervon people? And she had tested it with the injuries she had sustained at Yurb? The Master's brow furrowed at that. What doctor within their right might would let a young one like Ura be their test subject, when they needed to be healed right then and there?

Still, he remained quiet as his eyes transfixed on the doctor. He was more anxious than ever to find out what was wrong.

The doctor seemed to take note of Josh's reaction, giving a slightly concerned look to him before thinking. She didn't really want to call him out in front of his Padawan, but she would get the point across as she spoke calmly.

"Well... it would be an amazing development. Lervon can't really heal from injuries aft a certain age. And it can be... painful for an extended period of time. Usually a Jedi o Force Healer can dull it, but time is needed." She then looked, seemed to focus on the green tinted crystals. "Can you explain the process perhaps?" Ura nodded a little, closing her eyes for a moment.

"It was a green crystal that, from what I understand at least, was similar to a seed crystal, but it would form... well.... the missing crystal mass." The doctor raised a brow, and Ura shuffled back a little. "I'm not my brother. I can't explain this kind of stuff exactly."

"Master Dragovalor, would it be ok to look over this relatively young one's mind. I can already see the.... the things she's lost are still a trigger, and I want to make sure it won't stress her more."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom