Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sabers and Sorcery

Namarii

Do you believe in magic?
By the time she came to the top she could see the fighters in the distance. She grolwed to herself before looking back down at the king. She knew he'd sent for help but didn't know this was what he'd sent for. She had to admit she was in a tight spot but that didn't mean she'd give up. Still running she waited until she found a slope going back down into the swamp. She ducked down and slib down as the fighters came closer. The dense tree and all would keep them busy while she tried to find a spot to hide before everything died down.

@[member="Arthur David Hardrada"]

He was there waiting at the bottom of the slope, watching her heading down it as he leaned against the tree behind him, while she had continued to run around he had taken the time to rest and wait, it was better to take things slow and wait them out as it lets you see the whole picture. He said nothing though, he waited for her to say something or start running again or to do something that would be a level of hostility towards him. He had his arms crossed over his chest and he had his eyes focused and would remain passive now and let her figure out his words were true. @[member="Namarii"]

Namarii

Do you believe in magic?
Seeing him there showed how pointless it was running anymore. She was exhausted. From the running from the fighting all of it. She was caught and there was no way out. She couldn't even bring herself to fight him at this point. Far too exhausted. She collapsed to her knees before falling over, almost passing out from fatigue. The sounds of people approching grew louder and she had no way to pcik herself up. She only breathed heavily to try and regain herself while looking angered at the king.

His men appeared and leveled their slugthrowers at her, but he waved them off, she had collapsed and he had no reason to cause her more pain, even if just anger. He took slow small strides before sitting down and waving for one of the men to give him two canteens, handing one, or rather setting it down infront of her while his men secured the perimeter. "So, can we talk now or do i have to start running again, your lucky its not snowing for once or this would have been even more tiring for you would it not?" Arthur drank from his canteen and waited for her to speak or not to. @[member="Namarii"]

Namarii

Do you believe in magic?
Namarii said nothing. She just kept looking at him, angry as ever. She didn't even accept his canteen. In her mind to give in to him was weakness, and she wasn't going to be weak. She just kept sitting there, catching her breath as best she could while knowing there was no where to run. No place to hide. She wouldn't give the king the satisfaction of a talk neither, that was for sure.

He shrugged and drank from his canteen again before speaking again. "By the way, my name is Arthur Hardrada, thank you for the run that you allowed me to take, its been a while since i was able to enjoy the forest and a good run. You know, not drinking will only hurt you, its it better to save your pride than your strength?" He waited for her answer while he looked up at the sky, it might snow again, and all he needed was a good snow if she was going to be difficult. @[member="Namarii"]

Namarii

Do you believe in magic?
She hated the fact he was right about her not drinking. She took the canteen and gulped down what she needed. That still didn't change her looking at him with a bruning hate and that she wasn't speaking to him. No point now as she was trapped. And even if she could sway some men it was probably not enough to get out and away in time. No point is risking the effot. But at least she had a name for this man she now wanted to see burn.

"You know, im just trying to get a name out of you, and trying to hold a conversation, you didnt have to do what you did, especially sense i am already looking for outsider that i can hire or take in and give land. This whole thing could have been avoided if you had simply approached me about wanting a place in this world. You wouldnt have even needed to take over your underling's minds. I must ask though, why my home, my planet?" He leaned back and laid down while he sat there, looking up at the sky, he had zero social grace and see,ed much younger and carefree in that moment, like a teen just enjoying the world around him. @[member="Namarii"]

Namarii

Do you believe in magic?
"Because..." she said with a hrash tone. "I wanted the power." Namarii did have this illusion in her mind since she was a child to be a princess of sorts. Even though they were childish she still often played on that idea in her adulthood, even to making the ones she had under her thrall calling her princess. Someone with power and authority. And she knew you can't just gain that or have someone give it to you. Given her powers she felt she had every means to take it for her own. Regardless she wasn't saying anymore to him. She made it clear when she spat down at his foot afterwards.

Arthur looked down from the sky at her for a moment but returned his eyes to the sky. "Where are you from miss, im not too good with the names of the other planets of the galaxy but i woule like to know where it is that you are from that such a dream was to be acquired in a terrible manner. Power is seen in many forms and the form you tried to do was only an illusion of power, had your spelled failed you would have had no power, and had you screwed up you would be dead now. If you wanted power you would need to get it over a long and calm time, not take it suddenly without the consent of others." @[member="Namarii"]

Namarii

Do you believe in magic?
She turned away from him, sitting on the ground, and made it clear no more talk would come from her. All she did say was "Either lock me up, let me go, or kill me. But I'm done talking, understood?" She guzzled down more water until she was out. It was down to nothing at this point. She tossed it away and crossed her arms waiting to hear what he'd have to say.

"Did you know at one time, my people thought the stars held no more like us, and now it seems humans are everywhere these days, that is what you and i are called in the outside universe, humans? I was surprised that you arrived honestly, it actually made me excited someone took an interest in my home. Why though were you trying to become a princess of those people? Surely it wasnt just to fill a fantasy of power?" He was trying a tactic to have her realize that her hate for him was misplaced, he didnt care if she wouldnt talk, but he would, no one deserves to hate another for such reasons. @[member="Namarii"]

Namarii

Do you believe in magic?
She still wasn't talking to him, despite what he was trying to do. Her arms crossed and she was looking around, seeing what the men around them were doing and seeing the fighters above. At this point she was ready to just make another run for it if it meant them gunning her down. But she wasn't giving this king the satisfaction of trying to make her open up to him or anything like that. Namarii would often say it was beneath her to do so, showing more weakness.

"You know, just answering me will get what ever it is that you are so a shamed of over with, failing in an escape does not make you weak, its holding onto a grudge and not learning that makes you weak. If you think you ware weak then why not learn about the world and people you thought to just control, true power is the ability to adapt and learn from your short comings and you sitting here being silent is the complete opposite. And do not think that i am a stranger to my own words, i killed my entire family to be where i am and i did it because my people were being killed and controlled like you did earlier. It takes true power and control to understand that hate and death are not always the best things to use in such a situation." @[member="Namarii"]

Namarii

Do you believe in magic?
She finally stood up and looekd at him, saying "I killed my family too. And you know the funny part. They weren't my real family." She walked away and came to one gaurd, holding her hands up as if to be cuffed. She was indicating she wanted to be taken away from him because she found him annoying, all this talk about why she was here and so on. Her reasons were that she wanted power and wanted a planet to rule. Simple enough in her case but she still hated the fact that he didn't get the point. She gestured again until the man would finally put her in chains or whatever they had on this planet.

The guard just stared at her like she was crazy and Arthur came up behind her and spoke. "We dont have chains anymore Miss, come walk with me if you want to be brought to jail. Men form up." Arthur crossed his hands behind him and started walking, leading her to what was now a prison some few miles north, she would have to put up with him taking a few more times. "So, what is it that you are, a Jedi, Sith? How about a Dark Jedi, i ahve never seen such use of the force before. Perhaps you could teach me it?" @[member="Namarii"]

Namarii

Do you believe in magic?
"I'm a very annoyed woman who wants to get away from you and the rest of this place if it means some peace. Is that clear enough for you?" she said with walking onward. Back to the village then to suffer the wrath of the people perhaps? In her mind Namarii knew this was the end of her journey, at least if it meant having to be jailed by these people. Otherwise she was on the verge of ending it herself because of this king called Arthur and his constant jabber.

"Crystal, doesnt mean its going to happen, its the least i can do is to make you see that there are other ways to doing things, and if you think you can just return when you are stronger, i have several outsiders trained in the force here and i intend to learn myself. What im offering is a chance to expand your power, both in your training and to give you your own land, all i would ask in return is that you take the chance to hear me out and learn from what happened today, is that so hard to do for you outsiders?" @[member="Namarii"]

Namarii

Do you believe in magic?
"It's enough for me, because I don't want your help." she stopped and said, shaking her fist at him. "You would teach me compassion and how to care for others. But I've tried that before and it's not happening again. It's a weakness. The only reason I lost this day is because I should've tried harder. I should've thrown those villagers at you until they cut you down or you cut down all of them. Nothing more. Now I'm not interested in learning from you or trying to gain land from you out of charity. Either you take me away to rot in a cell, let me take a ship and leave this planet, or take that sword and chop my head off. Either way I'm done with you King Arthur Hardrada." She turned away and started walking again.

He laughed and spoke quietly as he walked beside the woman. "Compassion is the greatest strength, it is what makes those care for you and actually want to help you in return for your helping them, and you should have realized i wont lock you up or kill you, you will have your wish but it is a long walk back to a space port, as very few exist at the time. And please stop using my title and surname, its just Arthur, after all, ones name is something that can be shared among those they trust, and i think once you figure it out you will understand that i did as i did to only help you." @[member="Namarii"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom