Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress Runian

lyHOGbY.png

From left to right: All-Father Odiir, King of Beornskald, and his three children: Helm the Warrior, Huntress Éar, and Velkar the Trickster.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Runian
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Beornskald, a realm within the Netherworld.
  • Average Lifespan: Although it is unknown whether Runians actually age, they have existed for tens of thousands of years.
  • Estimated Population: Rare; no more than a few dozen.
  • Description: Runians are giant humanoids that dwell in the realm of Beornskald, a portion of the Netherworld. They easily tower above humans and most other sentient species, and each member is born with unique innate abilities that sets them apart from the others. They dedicate their existence to the protection of Midvinter, especially the Valkyri who in turn worship them as gods. They do not exist in the physical world as we know it but can on occasion cross over should the need be dire enough, for if belief in them were to wane, so too would they.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I
  • Average Height of Adults: 3 meters
  • Average Length of Adults: N/A
  • Skin color: Fair
  • Hair color: Blonde to black
  • Distinctions: [ Describe the unique physical traits that define what they are and set them apart from more common species like humans. Be sure to include any differences between male and female, as well as variations between different regional groups if any, and characteristics that denote a matured or ageing specimen. ]
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: Force Dead
Strengths:
  • Seemingly immortal, having existed for as long there have been people to believe in their existence.
  • Each member possesses unique innate abilities and traits relevant to their role in the Valkyri pantheon.
  • Shrugs off regular attacks such as small-arms fire and bladed weapons.
  • Cannot be sensed by Force-users.
  • Superior physical strength.
  • Superior speed.
Weaknesses:
  • Depend on the beliefs of the Valkyri for their existence and powers.
  • Cannot set foot on any world other than Midvinter.
  • Cannot visit Midvinter for longer periods of time.
  • Cannot use the Force.
  • Cannot learn new abilities or skills.
  • Extremely few in number.
  • Cannot procreate unless the Valkyri collectively will them to.
  • Cannot otherwise expand their roster unless the Valkyri collectively will them to.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivore. [ Note down common foods and preferences, what is poisonous, etc. ]
  • Communication: Native language is High Runian, an evolved version of the Valkyri language, though it should be noted Runians are able to speak the language of whoever worships them were they to ever interact with one another.
  • Technology level: As beings not of our world, the Runians utilize an otherworldly mixture of technology and magic in the everyday running of Beornskald.
  • Religion/Beliefs: Runians have been molded by Valkyri religion and play their parts their people grants them. They believe, as their mortal worshippers do, that the All-Father is the supreme being in the universe. Being the first of his kind however, it is unknown whether the aloof All-Father himself believe it so, or whether he retains knowledge the other members of his species do not. To put it plainly, Runians do not worship higher beings as they, to a greater or lesser degree, consider themselves to be what the Valkyri believe them to be: Gods.
  • General behavior: [ Describe general behaviors such as: family life, values, how they raise their young, how they find mates, how they interact with the world and other species around them. Do they hunt? Do they build? Are they inventors? Are they explorers? Are they nocturnal or diurnal? Do they attend schools? Etc, etc. ]
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
[ Include a description of the species history here. If your species is genetically engineered or Sithspawn please describe the process through which they were created, by who, and why. Explain the various challenges encountered during their creation. Most galactic species will be quite old - include major events relevant to the species in how they evolved and developed into what they are today where appropriate. Including Chaos canon events, where they impacted the history of this species, is a plus. ]

4XEy0et.png

From left to right: Queen Runa, Teign the Blacksmith, Sun-Lord Thrand, and the fallen Gríma.

Last edited:
Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

Hi there.

I just wanted to reach out before you got too far into this submission. There are obvious references to Norse, Midvinter/Midwinter, or even Swedish mythology here. You'll want to tread very carefully for a number of reasons but none so important as the fact that we don't allow the creation of playable "God" characters and no character may be immortal whether explicitly stated or inferred.

I can see the nod to Odin, Loki, and even a good portion of the art is taken from characters depicted from that mythos. The term "All-Father" is a dead ringer for Odin. I believe it's possible to differentiate this enough to be able to make it your own and bring something like it to Star Wars but as it stands it also currently breaks our rules on crossovers.

It reads, thus far, as literal gods. While I too love mythology and respect the effort you've put toward it I wanted to ensure you knew where I stood in the matter. Gods will never fly as a species.

Now, a Lore submission in which it "may or may not be true" recounting the tales would be all right if you made it more your own - But not a species.

Please feel free to reach out if you have questions.

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Hello!

I completely understand and know full well what this sub looks like. This sub is more of an experiment than anything, I didn't expect it to get approved as is. Figured I'd start out big and trim the fat off as I go along.

The idea behind these beings is that they are worshipped as gods by the Valkyri, and through their belief in them the Runians are given strength. I was going to explain in the historical section how Odiir, the last of his species, bound his lifeforce to the world of Midvinter after the conflict between he and a thus far unrevealed enemy spilled over from the Netherworld into our world, causing the apocalyptic events that turned a once lush planet into what we know today as Midvinter. As long as the Valkyri believe in their gods' existence, the Runians are allowed to continue their existence and in turn watch over the planet.

So yeah it may be a bit overambitious and "out there" for Chaos, and if so I might just turn this sub into a Lore sub as you suggested. Again, it's an experiment more than anything. I did also try and limit their usefulness as much as possible to where their existence would not affect other worlds or events other than those that take place on Midvinter.

If this makes Staff feel uncomfortable then I would be happy to make it a Lore sub instead. :)

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

Hi there - We actually no longer monitor the Pre-Codex as it is intended to be a workspace only. This means that we no longer move submissions to or from the Pre-Codex even if it's to the Archives. These submissions do not appear in the Search Listing so there's no chance of someone getting it confused with completed works. It can stay here, no harm done, essentially indefinitely.

If you'd like the "content" removed you're welcome to edit your post and remove it at your leisure.

Have a good day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom