Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rule: Is This Even Still A Thing?

Quoted from the Rules -> Requesting Aid

A character fulfilling an aid request for another Major Faction may not join any more Invasions/Rebellions until the Invasions/Rebellion thread they are aiding in is completed.

So if folks aren't actually limited to their participation in invasion threads, isn't this just a superfluous rule? Or are we actually saying that you can only help one side if you're not a member of that faction, but that if you're in the faction you can be in as many invasions as you want? Seems kind of silly to do that.

I think it may mean you need to stick with that one invasion (if that faction is in multiple invasions) and not jump to help them with another?

Either way, I don't really see the need for this rule as there are already agreements for being in multiple invasions currently anyways. I also don't really understand it completely, as it's a bit vague. (Vague in the ability to use in multiple meanings.)

[member="Ayden Cater"]

As I see it, it means if you are participating for your faction in an invasion you are barred from suddenly aiding another faction in an invasion that occurs before the firsts conclusion or vice versa. Its one of the few times you cannot be in two places at once.

Valiens Nantaris said:
[member="Ayden Cater"]
It's still in effect I believe.

It's to stop someone joining every invasion as an ally.
It's to stop factions from over committing their resources. Because if they commit everyone to an aid mission that lingers on, then they get invaded themselves, they won't have anyone to defend.

This is the ACTUAL way to do a simultaneous invasion via the rules.

Correct. Its a time relative thing. If five factions attack you, you can still participate in all and provide aid after those five.

but once you commit to an Aid mission, you cant participate in any further invasions with that character until your Aid mission is over.

Tefka said:
Correct. Its a time relative thing. If five factions attack you, you can still participate in all and provide aid after those five.

but once you commit to an Aid mission, you cant participate in any further invasions with that character until your Aid mission is over.

I can see the logic, but I think its a bit silly. It punishes forming IC alliances... to an extent. And feels like an awkward double standard.

Yeah, I completely see the point that all members of a faction can stand up and participate in every faction thread without fear of consiquences... and to an extent, it helps prevent alt-stacking and metagaming to get characters halfway across the galaxy to defend a planet being invaded...

*shrug*

It just feels like an awkward ruling to me. I enjoyed the element of risk that came from invasions and skirmishes before the recent amendment. If you attack, you leave yourself vulnerable and have to be prepared for the possibility of a counter-attack. It discouraged reckless behavior and made leaders consider the risks... which... is more appropriate to the nature of IC wars and assaults.

Tefka said:
What recent amendment?
the ruling against simultaneous invasions restricting characters to one battlefield or the other. I feel that the previous consensus was more enjoyable because there was a greater IC and OOC risk and encouraged tactical thinking from a "How do I organize a war" standpoint.

Captain Larraq said:
the ruling against simultaneous invasions restricting characters to one battlefield or the other. I feel that the previous consensus was more enjoyable because there was a greater IC and OOC risk and encouraged tactical thinking from a "How do I organize a war" standpoint.
There was no amendment, that was simply Thurion's clarification on that particular report. And I'm glad I was in a position to see how Invasions were being negotiated from a non-Staff perspective. Some people try to stretch this realm of fiction far too close to the boundaries of reality, man. Either way, that was only the consensus of a few misled Faction Admins.

It was never a rule, nor an amendment.

So you can be in all the invasions you want, but the second you try and help anyone, -THEN- you can't join anymore?

I'm sorry, but that's some -serious- BS. If you can have the same character be in two different invasions already, then this rule does nothing but hamper IC relations and, in fact, -encourages- people to dick over others OOCly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom