Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round Two: They askin' "What's new?"

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak leaned up against the thick stone wall, watching people dueling it out, honing their respective strengths, helping each other get better at what they do.

He needed to hone his skills as well, but there was one issue: He didn't know anyone here.

It had been some time since he had trained here. He could still see remnants of scorch marks where he had trained against Zaiden James. Some nicks on the stone wall showed where he had missed Haven Pryde. Getting up, he walked closer to the wall, hoping to find... there. A metal-cut portrait of Circe Savan.

He held it for a moment, remembering training with Isis.

Throwing the metal framework down, he stood up. Those were days long gone. He was Knight now, and needed training. New training.

(I assume this is open)
Lucien walked into the training room of the "Pit" as it was known, a poor name in his opinion training of the caliber belonged in a palace not a Pit. He didn't often visit the training centre he had arrived in the fringe a broken but sufficiently skilled and the majority of apprentices he took sought him not the other way around he had no need for the building, however he was a member of the ruling council now it was expected he become a public face. Unskilled children playing at warriors was all he saw. His movements were heralded by the clicking of his dress shoes on the cracked stone and the jangle of his chain of office.

He approached Jak a man of many faces a few of which Lucien had served with "Looking for some one My friend" He asked his eyes remaining on the children.
@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

(Yep, it's open; shoulda said that...)

Jak turned at the sound of a new voice. "Master Cordel. What a pleasure," he said, bowing in respect.

Looking back up again, he answered, "Yes, I'm... well, I'm in need of a master to train me. I know some skill, but it's very limited, and I would like to develop it further. Are you... ahem, excuse me, could you take me on as your apprentice?"

@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

"Stand up" He smiled as Jak bowed, he used to enjoy being bowed to but it had become trivial now so he only suffered it from his servants. He paced over to a coat rack in the corner tossing his coat onto it he paced back "Indeed I could, Let me see what you are made of" He said taking up a Makashi opening stance, his blade had been weakened.

Jak Sandrow

Jak grinned. "Then prepare to be astonished," he said, lightly sarcastic. Adopting an Ataru stance, he thumbed his blade on, but also lowered the intensity - not wanting to hurt Lucien if his grip weakened on the blade.

Taking a flying leap, he swept down and to the right with his lightsaber, hoping to strike shoulder, knowing as his opponent's blade came up that he was far too late.

Lucien remained expressionless, as he maneuvered to face Jak side on. He brought his bade up horizontally it sat at a 180o angle not the strongest block. but strength was not necessary, the block gave him time. He raised his left arm, with a twitch of his fingers he executed a text book force push. His aim was to slam Jak into the cold metal wall behind him not once, twice or even three times but 5 times.

Jak Sandrow

As the blades just touched, Jak felt a tug at his chest. 20 seconds later he was coughing on the ground, his arm possibly broken, and his back definitely tenderized.

"Ooohhh... ow," he said, getting back up again. Flushing green, he turned his whole body plant. His arm snapped back into place and quick-healed. His skin hardening, he grinned, coming back for another strike, this time twisting to attempt to avoid pushes, while at the same time, he gave a little push at the apex of his jump, sending him down a little faster than normal.

"I am indeed amazed Mr. Sandrow" Lucien smirked re adopting his position.He watched as Jak repaired himself "A useful skill indeed" He said as Jak readopted his own stance the jumped at him with alarming speed, there was no time for fancy tricks or counters. Lucien was left with only one choice. He back peddled and took the brunt of the blow.He was knocked to the ground hard. He quickly rode to the side Launching a barrage of lightning at Jak nothing strong just enough to occupy Him whilst Lucien stood up. Upon regaining his feet Lucien ceased his barrage.and unleashed a volley of random slashes aimed to force the plant man into retreat.Then Lucien preformed a lunge at Jaks sternum Pushing all his weight onto his right knee and extending his right arm and left leg.

Jak Sandrow

Jak managed to block most of the lightning, and parried nearly all the attacks, getting a nick on the shoulder here, a bit of a slice there. Not much.

As knee met plant, Jak allowed himself to be pushed with it, and bounced off the wall. Again. He looked down at the dent in his chest, the approximate size of Lucien's knee. He grinned again, and, shaking his head determinedly, put all his weight into the next blow, ready to counter any force push.

The blow was of no form; it was something Jak had invented himself. Just a sweeping right-shoulder-to-left-hip slash that, if used by a sword, would cut through bone like it were putty.

The fact that Jak was no small man (6'7") made it clear that this was definitely a major stroke.

(Oh your taller than me)
Jaks slash burnt Lucien's shoulder. the plant fought well. Lucien deactivated his saber and stepped back "You fight well what would you like to know?" Lucien asked. His eyes passing over the rooms other occupants.

"Minds are my specialty" Lucien replied "Observe" Lucien stood still and moments later the other students began to scream and clutch their heads the the stopped dead and stood still. then they wordlessly packed up their things and walked out. Lucien strolled over to one of the training mats on the floor, they were one of the only semi comfortable things in the room. He sat down and gestured for Jak to do the same. "First I will teach defense against some one attacking your mind, picture something you have a strong emotional connection with"

Jak Sandrow

He sat down, awed at the usage of so obviously a mental power.

He nodded silently, and closed his eyes. Quip gone, he recognized when it was time to speak, and time to shut his trap.

Concentrating, he couldn't think of anything he had any special connection to. Besides Circe. But he shut her out, trying to think of something else.

Hm. He couldn't. So instead, he thought of an ultrastrong barrier, wrapping his mind in a protective shield, nodding that he was ready to be tested.

[OOC note: He's had some mental training, so there should be at least a little resistance.]

Lucien gave Jak a moment to prepare then he began. He reached out and attempted to gain access to Jaks mind, however he quickly found his path blocked by a construct, a barrier. So Lucien created his own Hammers they thudded down on the barrier and pinged back off ... this was unexpected. Lucien reasoned that Jak had prior training. He decided it best he try another tack in particular a tack named Circe . He bombarded Jak with her voice and her smell and her touch. Perhaps this would break the barrier.

Jak Sandrow

His eyes shot open as he saw a momentary vision of Circe.

"Wha... what are you - " Then he realized his folly. Circe wasn't there. And Cordel had full access to his head.

Lucien tutted. His eyes were shut but he was able to talk "You have nice things in here ..." He smiled. He bombarded Jaks mind to inflict a minor headache. Then stood up and left Jak alone "I refuse to train you here, Full focus demands comfort and that is in short supply here. Lucien Led Jak out and to his yacht. He took a seat in his chair in the corner of the lounge and gestured for Jak to do the same "As I demonstrated breaking into the mind of another requires you to break their concentration either through pain,shock or trickery. it helps if you know things about the person you want to ... invade, now you try on me" Lucien lent back and prepared his defense a crowd large and consuming.This defense was practically iron clad.

Jak Sandrow

Jak clutched his head, groaning at the remnants of the intrusion. "That wasn't nice," he murmured, getting up to follow him out.

On the yacht, he took a somewhat more comfortable chair, preparing himself.

Closing his eyes, he began to probe forward, out of his mind and towards Lucien - still keeping up a shield just in case....

He dropped into the crowd like he had fallen out of the sky. They immediately pressed around him, and he fought them off, aware he had no real power here. He pulled back, momentarily puzzled.

An idea hit him. This time, he surfaced in the crowd, not as a person, but as a ram. A battering ram. With a nice, sharp pointy end. It charged at Lucien's mind, stabbing anyone and anything in the way.

Lucien maintained concentration ,despite the pain he was feeling,each projection rammed was quickly replaced.. Jaks plan had been a good one and had Lucien not perfected this type of practice to an art form it might have worked. Lucien did however make small hiccup ... which may have been intentional. For a split second a blonde Lady with whom Lucien was quite attached appeared in the crowd for a second or two then she was gone again.

Jak Sandrow

Jak noticed this.

He grinned. Time to give Lucien some of his own medicine. Based on what he could remember, he formed an illusion of the lady, right between the ram and Lucien's wall. He began to charge it forward again.

Jaks plan held water Lucien ended his defense and let jak in ... well sort of. Lucien isolated jak to an empty part of his mind. Then he threw him out completely. He opened his eyes "Very good, had you been facing any one but a master that would have worked" He stood up "now we have covered getting in, that is the easy part its what you do when you get in that takes the effort I will teach you three things you can do but there are many more" Lucien had to keep somethings protected. "Enter my mind and try to find my memory of my first pet" Jak would find Lucien's mind to be built like a palace with many accurately sign posted wings.
@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom