Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roots and Beginnings [Jedi]

| @[member="Carn Dista"] |

Jedi Temple, Tython, Meditation Gardens.

It had only been a few months since she had been assigned to the Jedi Agricultural Corps. When a Jedi Initiate successfully finishes their beginners training and the Initiate Trials, either three things happen: a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master take you under their wing, thus becoming their Padawan learner or in the event that this does not happen, then an Initiate leaves the Jedi Order for parts unknown with the teachings and training they were taught or you're assigned to one of the Jedi Service Corps by the Reassignment Council. Out of the medical, educational, exploration or agricultural services, Ella had sided with the latter. She didn't feel comfortable leaving Tython yet and wanted to continue living here, until she gained an apprenticeship. She was nearing the age where time was running out for her. If a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master didn't take her as their Padawan soon, then she might have to leave the Jedi Order. She wasn't comfortable with that thought either. The Jedi Temple had been her home for the majority of her life. The Jedi were her family. She did not know her real parents or if she had any siblings because of her induction into the Order.

"Perhaps you'll end up as a Vanguard, Ella," she murmured, raising the shearer to the nearby bush. The meditation gardens were being serviced by the Agricultural service in the Jedi Temple that day. Alongside several other Initiates, she was seeing so it that the various bushes, trees and flower beds were well looked after. Various Jedi were sat in the calm setting, meditating quietly. Several younglings were present as well, not yet part of the Jedi Service Corps like she was. She remembered that she would be spending several more hours in the garden after she finished her tasks. She was due to meditate, as all Initiates would do meant to do.

Picking up the excess twigs and leaves, Ella rose with them intertwined in her gloves to the sack nearby. Placing them in the sack, she lifted it up by its strap and carried it towards the next bush, sighing as she did so.

Nala was sitting in the gardens practicing her combative stances.

She was standing in an open circle area with nothing but a lone tree nearby among the large undergrowth of bushes and the like. It helped as she had plenty of room to maneuver as she took a deep breath before dropping her long robe. Taking her saber out she began to work on foot placement and movement while keeping the saber off for now. A few steps to the left, then a circle, then a jump and landing the correct way on her feet before turning and finally activating her saber. The large purple blade shot out and Nala began to twirl before throwing it forward, focusing with the force to keep it steady while still active. She'd thrown it towards the tree but, as part of her practice, stopped it before t reached and then brought it back. When it worked she gave a small fist pump for herself before hearing younglings pass. Seeing them she waved, giving a friendly "Hello!" before they passed. It wasn't until then that she'd noticed the girl working with the branches and leaves. Nala wasn't sure what exactly she was doing, making her title her head with question. She shrugged at it before returning to her training, thinking if she should talk with her later or that perhaps she'd come and speak with her.

@Ella Nova

| @[member="Nala Tu"] |

Ella locked her foot on the tree branch and began to climb down to the ground. She had become accustomed to this in recent months, climbing trees. She had even begun timing herself on how fast she could climb up a tree, finish what needed to be fixed or removed and then back to the ground. The force was helpful in her reaction times and speed, her reflexes heightened as it all was for a trained, albeit minor Force-sensitive.

She finished her climb and lowered herself down to the ground. On her back was the sack of leafs and twigs, which now includes a branch that had broken off somehow, the cause of which she did not know. But then she presumed that was why the Jedi had service corps such as agricultural to deal with such things until such a time they moved on their destined path. She gave a warm smile to the class of younglings when they passed by her and lowered her head to the Jedi Master leading them. The senior Jedi gave the teenager a small smile before leaving her behind with her sack. "I should put these in to be recycle and get back to work," she murmured.

Then the hum of a Lightsaber spinning in the air caught her attention. She looked up to see the Jedi and wondered what she was. "Kaminoian?" she thought, wondering. She wasn't too sure on other people yet. She had met Zabraks, Twi'leks and a Zeltron or two over the years. She even saw a Hutt once when she visited a local populace a few years ago as part of an expedition across Talss, the region of Tython she knew she was born in. But she hadn't met someone like Nala Tu. Curiosity took over Ella. She was going to pass the Jedi on her way to recycle the leaves and other material she had harvested during her tasks. She might as well say hello.

Walking by Nala, she said, "Hello. You should be careful throwing a Lightsaber like that around." Giving her a warm smile, she said, "Keep up on the good work," before continuing her way along the grass and onto the cobbled floor leading up to the fountain. That was where the agricultural corps had left it for that day for other Initiates like her to put their rubbish into when their sacks got too full. She remembered to place the shearers back on her utility belt as well, for safety reasons. She didn't want to be scolded.

Nala turned when the girl called to her, saying how she needed to be careful with her saber. She looked a bit surprised and said "Oh! I'm sorry! Did I hit you? Or almost hit you? Or something near you? Either way I'm really sorry." Her demeanor and attitude changed quickly compared to how she was when training. While practicing with her saber Nala had been focused and determined, exhibiting more of a warrior tone to her movements. But now she was acting more like a clumsy schoolgirl not realizing what she'd done. When the girl kept walking she merely gave a small wave, thinking she might have offended her in some way. Nala quickly picked up her robe, put her saber back on her belt and felt that was it for now. As she was about to leave she noticed something on the ground: a tool dropped by the girl. Nala gasped before picking it up and running after her. She called out "Hey! Hold it! You dropped this!"

@[member="Ella Nova"]

| @[member="Nala Tu"] |

Ella lowered the bag off her back and then hoisted it up and over the recycle machine. The bits of leaf, twigs and the branch she had to remove from the tree would be broken down into bits and pieces, ranging from furniture to paper. As she finished putting the stuff on the machine and return back to her tasks, she checked her utility belt and found that she had lost the shearers. Sighing, she started to look around for them when she saw the Kaminoian from before, holding them. "Hey! Hold it! You dropped this!" she said, when she got close.

Giving Nala a smile, she took the shearers back off her and made sure that they were secure on her belt. Then she bowed her head and said, "Thank you." Rising back up to full height, she laughed nervously and said, "I wouldn't know what to do if I had lost this." Nodding her head with a grin, she said, "By the way, you didn't harm or scare anyone, at least not me I reckon. I didn't think you would hurt anyone anyway, you seemed quite well practised with your Lightsaber!" Beaming, she then asked, "Does it have a Hurrikane crystal?"

Nala sighed with relief on both counts. The first being for that the girl managed to get her tool back in one piece and that Nala hadn't done anything to endanger anyone. She took a deep breath of relief before saying "Sorry. Didn't mean to get so over excited. I just wasn't sure..." She stopped when the girl admired her saber skills and asked about the crystal she used. "Oh! Why yes it is Hurrikane. Well it didn't used to be. I had a different one and that was blue but, well, let's just say something happened where I realized I had to put more practice into my lightsaber skills." She gave a slight giggle before saying "Sorry, I didn't get your name. I'm Nala Tu."

@[member="Ella Nova"]

| @[member="Nala Tu"] | @[member="Carn Dista"] |

Ella grinned before nodding her head and replying, "My name is Ella. Ella Nova."

"Thank you for finding my shearers. But I think I have to go back to my tasks." Bowing her head, she turned away from Nala, returning back to the tree from before to mend the other branches on it.

Meta sat with his legs crossed in the gardens, calmy examining the past months of being a jedi. So many hard fought battles, his body had gained scars but abilities too, He sat silently, his cloak not with him, merely sitting alone in the peaceful contemplation of a jedi. But then he was disturbed, the sound of chatter annoyed him, he opened one eye and peeked to his left. Two female jedi chatting. He grumbled and got up from his position and made his way over to them. "Could you be a little bit more quiet?"
@[member="Ella Nova"]
@[member="Nala Tu"]

| @[member="Meta "]| @Nalu Tu | @[member="Carn Dista"] |

Ella smiled at Nala before turning to Meta. Her smile faltered, with an apologetic look on her face. "Sorry," she said to the man before walking away from the fountain towards the tree. Then she climbed up the side and returned back to work.

He nodded. "Thank you, b-" Before he could reply, she walked off. Leaving him and the other girl be. He folded his hands behind his back and stared at the ground for a moment. "Hello."
@[member="Nala Tu"]

Nala huffed a little at @[member="Meta "]'s rude remark when he walked over to them. She was about to say something before @[member="Ella Nova"] had said what she did first. Nala was a bit thankful that she was a bit more hospitable given what she would've said, and watched her walk off before being alone with him. She gave a little node and said "Greetings, Mr....?"

| @[member="Meta "]| @[member="Nala Tu"] | @[member="Carn Dista"] |

Lifting the shearers off her utility belt, she began to clip away the bits of broken twigs and sticks from the tree, placing them into her sack. When she finished, she took a moment to swing her legs over the ledge of the branch of the tree and sat in it, watching over the garden. As she watched, the ear piece began to speak. "Ella?"
"Yes master, how can I help you?" she replied.
"We are finished for today. Thank you for your help."
"No problem. See you tomorrow."

Smiling, she lowered the piece from her ear and relaxed. Placing the bag of twigs and sticks next to her on the branch, she closed her eyes and hummed, meditating on the force. It soothed and relaxed her after a long day of work.

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Ella Nova"]

Tython. The homeworld of the Jedi Order. A peaceful place, full of gardens with... strangely well trimmed trees? Ah yes. The jedi assigned to maintenance. He looked around, surveying the area. Somewhere, more likely in one of the trees than not, would be one of those Jedi...

Carn often made a point of seeking them out, to ensure they knew that the council wasn't forsaking them. Also he had found over the years, that those no reaching the age that might take them away from the main body of the Order would strive hardest to elevate themselves to the privilege of becoming a Jedi Knight. Perhaps he would find one such individual here... Perhaps.

| @[member="Carn Dista"] | @[member="Nala Tu"] | @[member="Meta "]|

Ella opened her eyes and decided to lower herself off the branch, along with the sack, it's contents and the equipment she had used to gather them. She double checked to see if everything was there and grinned when it was. Walking across the grass again, she smiled at Nala and Meta as she passed them again and emptied the sacks contents into the recycle machine. Then she folded the sack over and placed it into the compartment at the back of the machine, for the next time she or the rest of the agricultural corps had to use it and the equipment she placed alongside it for more tasks.

Shutting the doors closed, she walking across the ground and settled in the Tython sun's light. Crossing her legs and arms over each other, she closed her eyes again and begin to meditate on the force. This would be her fifth meditation of the day, as she did five a day as a Jedi Initiate. As she meditated on the force, she felt a powerful presence. She felt Carn Dista. His presence was soothing as she entered a Rising Meditation. She only rose an inch or two off the ground.

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Ella Nova"]

Ah. There. He had seen one. As far as he could see, she had been given the duty of trimming the trees. He remembered his master assigning him a similar duty when he had once opted to slate the agricorps members for not being chosen, and soon came to realise that they were the wheels on which the Jedi Order moved on. It just so happened that now, he was one of the Jedi that chose the direction the wheels went in.

Carn took it upon himself to walk over to the girl, and loomed over her. With his unkempt beard, long hair, and somewhat dark robes, he must have made an imposing figure. Seemingly without care for her meditation, he spoke abruptly, and in a voice that didn't sound best pleased, to give the illusion that she had somehow landed herself in trouble...

"So I presume you are the one responsible for... this? Perhaps I should drag you before the Council, hrm? Tell me your name."

Ella lifted her gaze a little, as she touched back down onto the grass. Opening her hazel, brown eyes up to the imposing figure, she nearly jumped when she saw and felt that it was the same person who she had felt in the meditation. Then the Jedi said, "So I presume you are the one responsible for... this? Perhaps I should drag you before the Council, hrm? Tell me your name."
She gulped, then paused before replying. She was in the Jedi Temple. There was no need to be afraid to this man. She replied, "My name is Ella, master. I don't know what you're on about."

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Ella Nova"]

"What I'm on about is the very serious matter..." He sat down infront of her, the stern appearance on his face melting away to a warm smile. "Of the fine work you have been doing to keep this area from becoming overgrown and chaotic. Tell me, Ella, I don't see a Padawan braid in your hair. Have you volunteered for this duty, or have you already been assigned to one of the corps? he straightened his robes out while he sat, and waited to see the confused mess of emotions cross her face. It was one of the many tests he had for Jedi, and more often than not he could learn a great measure of who they were just from their responses.

Ella smiled at the Jedi Master, when he lowered himself down to her height and replied. "So he already knows who I am," she thought to herself, when he mentioned "Miss Nova". She had only introduced herself as her forename, not including her surname. When he finished speaking, she replied, "I was given an offer to join the exploration or agricultural service for the Order. I choose the agricultural corps over exploration because I wasn't comfortable leaving the temple yet. I can explore the galaxy later."

Fiddling with her hair, she said, "No master, I don't have a braid yet. When I passed my Initiate trails, none of the Jedi Knights or Masters took me under their wing. But the reassignment council wanted me to continue, so I was reassigned to the Jedi Service Corps." She smiled again before continuing. "The garden isn't like this just because of me. There have been several other Initiates that I work alongside, who have done a really good job, as you can see." Ella fell silent again, watching Carn quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom