Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roots and Beginnings [Jedi]

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Ella Nova"]

"Not comfortable leaving the temple you say? Then I suppose you have no interest in Coruscant, Ella."

He paused for a moment to eye her up. Again, her facial reactions would likely give away much of her thoughts before she spoke them. Jedi often learned to study features - it was a handy trick to have.

"It always takes many hands to create the things with the most harmony in the Galaxy. However, do not be so quick to put your efforts at the feet of others. Being humble is good, but sometimes you must take a litle credit where it is due. You've done a good job here."

| @[member="Carn Dista"] |

"Thank you Master." She smiled again before replying, "Of course, I want to explore the galaxy, but when the offer came to either join the agricultural or exploration corps, I wanted to stay on Tython." Ella looked curious when he spoke about Coruscant, smiling a little more. "Coruscant? But I'm not a Padawan?" She leaned her head to the left after the question.

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Ella Nova"]

Staying with the Jedi on Tython. In one way, clever, for it kept her in familiar grounds and able to continue her lifestyle. Yet... well. The agricorps helped on hundreds of worlds. She could be shipped halfway around the galaxy, and never see Tython again. He wondered if she knew that, or if the thought had never crossed her mind.

Brushing the question-come-statement, with a smile, Carn remained somewhat still. A thought had spawned in his head, that maybe she was destined for a fate greater than rtrimming bushes. Yet in order to do so, he needed to know more about her than he already did.

"Ella. Tell me of the three pillars of the order and their importance for a student."

Ella looked away from Carn for a moment to think. "The three pillars?" she thought to herself, frowning in concentration as she thought about them. When she came up with an answer, she looked back up to the Jedi Master. "They are called the Force, Knowledge and Self-Discipline master. They are what comprises the Jedi and reinforce the precepts of the Jedi Code."

"Because the Force is in all things, it is set as the first pillar. The Force is important because it is what guides a Jedi. I was taught that the Force is meditated and thought upon in everything that I will do as a Jedi Initiate all the way to when I became a Jedi Knight. When I created my Lightsaber," she removed the blade from her hip and rested it on her lap for Carn to see, "As part of my Initiate trials, I meditated on the Force as I pieced the bits of pieces of my Lightsaber together. I was even given a Force vision about a man, but I wasn't sure who he was. I think that I saw a Sith that day."

She scratched the back of her head with an awkward grin before continuing. "I was taught that the Force is in all living things and so as a Jedi, the Force is important because I am peacekeeper. I will help other people in any way I can, so the Force is important in that respect. The Force will also give me the ability to be used to help me in my tasks in other ways. Control techniques such as Curato Salva helps to replenish myself after my battle drills and training and I think it can be used in other situations as well, when I am feeling tired or hurt." She paused a moment to think, then continued. "Altus Sopor will help me focus more on the Force, allowing me to see into the Unifying Force whilst utilizing the Living Force as well; and then there is Tutaminis, which will allow me to absorb anything harmful and then use that energy for something more positive, such as a counter-attack or to heal or replenish myself in a situation with another."

She smiled at Carn to see if he was listening. When he was, she said, "The second pillar would be Knowledge. It is important because knowledge can be useful in any and everything and a Jedi never stops learning. Knowledge teaches history, which helps us to learn from past mistakes or learn from positives in the eras before us and then use those positives in the present and future. Lightsaber forms are a source of knowledge as well. Without knowing how to use this," she waved her hand across the Lightsaber and levitated it with the Force in between herself and Carn, "I wouldn't be able to protect my family... The Jedi Order... Or the people on Coruscant, for example. If it wasn't for knowledge, then I wouldn't have been taught how to create this Lightsaber, which I will use to protect others."

Ella waved her hand again to catch her Lightsaber and clip it to her utility belt. "Some way that the second pillar is the most important, but I disagree. I think looking back on the history of the Jedi Order, then the third pillar, Self-Discipline is the most important. It teaches us to remain controlled and centered in our duties. How many Jedi in the past have fallen to the dark side and became the very thing they swore to protect against? I mean, the Force has two sides and the other side that we fight against is not only dangerous, but unnatural, isn't it master? If the Jedi of the past kept to the tenants of Self-Discipline then they wouldn't have fallen to the dark side. They would have known that some things about the Force are meant to remain a secret; and that certain pieces of knowledge are dangerous and harmful to others. We are Jedi, we keep the peace, we're meant to protect, not to rule like... the Sith."

She grinned awkwardly at Carn and folded her arms on her lap. "I think that's my explanation about the three pillars, Master Dista."

Carn Dista

C
Her explanation was more than enough, and her knowledge was indeed vast. Carn especially resonated with her thoughts in relation to the third pillar - self discipline. It was something that all Jedi needed, for without it they were no better than those that relentlessly seeked to destroy them. He nodded ever so slightly, indicating that not only did he pay attention, but also that he agreed with her.

Carn simply remained quiet in the moments after her explanation. He closed his eyes and allowed the living Force to enter his mind, so that he could clear his thoughts and focus upon his next decision. If he were to be incorrect in his choice, it would have vast implications, both for himself and this young Jedi aspirant.

He remained that way for the best part of an hour - an hour in which Ella was simply expected to sit there. For Carn, it passed quickly. For the Initiate? He couldn't tell. Yet when he finally opened his eyes again, he knew that @[member="Ella Nova"] was to remain an initiate no longer.

| @[member="Carn Dista"] |

Ella leaned her head to the left, when Carn didn't say anything and closed his eyes. For the first few minutes, she thought of asking the Jedi Master if he was okay. She soon realized that he entered a state of meditation. She smiled and shrugged her shoulders. They were in the meditation gardens after all. She too closed her eyes and entered an Emptying Meditation, one that was designed to remove negative emotions or thoughts. It wasn't that she felt or was thinking of such things, it was simply utilized to ensure that she remained in the same warm, positive feeling that she always had in the Tython Temple. The last time she had felt sadness was when she found out that she hadn't been born on Tython and instead on Corellia. For those few weeks in her childhood, she had wondered who her parents were and had felt a strange feeling, like she missed them. The moment had soon passed, however.

She opened her eyes several minutes before Carn did, finished with her form of meditation. She quietly waited for him to finish. When he did and looked at her, she gave him a soft smile but didn't say anything. He could sense her curiosity.

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Ella Nova"]

"There is a transport for Coruscant leaving from the spaceport in four hours. You have the decision to find yourself a place on it, or to stay here. Should you choose the former over the latter, then you will be delivered to a public spaceport. After that, it will be up to you to find your way."
With his vague message given to Ella, Carn promptly stood up and began to make his way outside of the meditation gardens. He intended to name the girl his Padawan, but only if she ever managed to find it in her to leave Tython for Coruscant, and use her head to try and find the Jedi Temple on the planet. It was a test - One that would see if she was as attached to Tython as he thought, and one that would see if she was intelligent enough to find her way through a city wide metropolis to the hub of Jedi activity on world. The latter half of this test would be difficult, of that he had no doubt. Ella had spent the vast majority of her life in a serene and well maintained landscape full of life, and Carn expected her to find her way through the grime covered chaos of the Republic's capital. It would certainly be an eye opening experience, if she found the stones to leave Tython...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom