Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rising Tides of Ascendancy (Chiss Ascendancy, Open to All)

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
It was quite disgusting how humans so openly ogled the opposite sex, though Ari could see why one would find [member="Tora'aro'nuruodo"] in a favorable light. For a Chiss the young aspiring naval officer did indeed have desirable male features, and his personality was more than tolerable. Considering all things, Ari's marriage match was as good as they got, and she was thankful for her father's foresight in this matter.

Ari again followed her betrothed over to where the voluptuous red-haired woman stood that had made the visual advances at Aro. She waited for Aro to introduce himself, then did the same.

"Salutations, Madame… I am Doctor Brask'ari'sabosen of House Sabosen, daughter of Chief Justice Mitth'oru'sabosen," the blue-skinned beauty stated in smooth Galactic Basic with a small cant of her dark head to [member="Danger Arceneau"].

Shifting from his position at the rear of the party now in full swing, there was something in the air - he couldn't quite place it. Alliances being made, but enemies also forming for the Chiss. This meant [member="Chaf’anta’natrano"] had to be careful. No; she could be what she wanted. Her bodyguard had to be careful, and keep his finger ready on the E11 and his body swift to move if needed.

So began another silent patrol around to get a better view of the party, a bubbling and exciting atmosphere with the Chiss in yellow remaining the focus for him and a number of others it seemed.

Things were beginning to pick up all throughout the party, with many people of varying interest and prestige coming and going around the newly appointed Aristocra. Vornskr, meanwhile; had remained relatively quiet and observant throughout them all, but he found no shortage of amusement when the Mandalorian, Emberli something or other (Kaine only cared enough to catch only half of his name), began to partake in an in depth conversation with the Aristocra. Of course many others came by during that conversation, including Vornskr's own little pet ([member="Cryax Bane"]), but he paid none of them any mind as he silently listened in the background. Once the Mandalorian had departed, he turned nonchalantly to Fantana: "Despite their headstrong devotion to the archaic concept of honor, Mandalorians are notorious deceivers. Long ago I had once brokered a treaty with a Mandalorian leader, an armistice of non-aggression between my people and his, and when my back was turned to deal with another threat the scoundrel went back on our signed agreement and torched Dromund Kaas."

He almost visibly spat on the ground in disgust, "Never trust anyone clad from balls to brain in Beskar." The Sith Lord muttered vehemently under his breath, his attention now turning to a rather interesting pair mingling among the other guests of the Chiss gala. "If you would excuse me, Aristoca, I find myself needed elsewhere." He said and then quickly left her company before half of the sentence was even blurted out, using his intimidating presence and powerful body to muscle his way through a tight throng of party-goers until he had made considerably progress towards [member="Danger Arceneau"] and [member="Alric Kuhn"] (although his attention was more focused on the former than the latter).

He would present himself with a gracious bow, as he always did, and spoke in a relatively regal manner: "My my, if it isn't the Trade Queen herself. I never would have suspected to see someone of your reputation at a little get-together such as this."

[member="Chaf’anta’natrano"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Alric stood besides Danger, amusement playing on his face.

There wasn't any surprise, or jealousy. This was something he knew would happen eventually, something that always happened, after all people did love the Trade Queen...and her assets. He smirked at the thought, and half turned away from Danger to let her play with her new friends. His attention instead shifted away from the present company and more towards several of the Aristocra that he spotted. One man in particular he recognized.

He was aged and looked rather ragged to be truthful, but the Aristocra of the Mitth Family. Alric smiled when recognition dawned on him. He knew the Aristocra.

It seemed that not everything had changed since he was gone, and truthfully he was happy to see the man. It was he most of all that had an influence over the military affairs of the Chiss, the Mitth family always had. Titan had dealings with the man, or used to anyway, and when Alric was in charge it had been he who supplied Alric with the location of the station within the Redoubt. It would be interesting to speak to him again, more interesting to see what could be gained from doing so.

With a passing signalling touch to her hip, Alric signaled his brief departure from Danger.

When the Sith raised her hand to his lips and kissed her blue skin, the Aristocra gave him a smile so warm that it could almost be described as uncharacteristic of her species. Out of the corner of her eye, Fantana noticed a few pairs of red eyes looking their way through the glass doors. It was dangerous to stay out here for too much longer. She needed to get back inside soon, lest her schemes be detected. Plus, her bodyguard was probably getting more nervous with each minute that she was out of his sight.

"You are incredibly gracious, Animus," she stated plainly, her eyes gleaming like rubies. The slow and deliberate way that he pronounced her name elicited another smile from the Chiss. "Your pledge of support means a great deal to me."

The datachip was plucked from his hand, and palmed. "I would be honored to visit your shipyards."

Hooking her arm through his, Fantana lead the Sith back inside the party. She had many more rounds to make, and countless other people to schmooze with, and too many prying eyes to stay with one guest for too long.

"We'll continue our conversation in the privacy of your shipyards," she told him. She clasped both of Animus' hands before she strode back into the crowd. "Thank you again."

She noticed her bodyguard, Kyle, skirting around the perimeter of the room. Fantana approached him with expectant red eyes.

"No signs of trouble I take it?"

[member="Animus Malgus"] [member="Kyle Amedis"]

"Of course my Lady, do carry on i will be in touch" Animus walked away from [member="Chaf’anta’natrano"] with an extra swing in his step, he wanted to stay but indeed he needed to attain present business, firstly he would head to Coruscant to see if he could personally bring the Rebel Terrorist to Chiss Justice and perhaps claim some notoriety from the Chiss, Then he was to head to his Shipyard and begin construction on his Warbringers...

The times he thought of her from this day would be innumerable. Animus smirked as he left the open walls and directed to his Fighter in the Outside, his small smile permanent for a time to come and his walk riddled with schemes on which to somehow garner the affection of a Woman from a Species, known for their emotionlessness, seems like an Impossible task to those who would hear, but then again, so would many of the things Animus had accomplished recently.

Kyle didn’t take his eyes from the rendezvous outside; Fantana and her Sith admirer. From having one threaten her, to now having one that looked like to be draping on her arm, it proved to Kyle nobody claiming to be loyal to any idea could be trusted.

His white helmet turned slightly as the came in, he himself moving around to where they had come from as attention was high around her, various beings vying for a position to take the Chiss to one side and stake their claim of what they could offer her and the House. It wasn’t his place to judge, or to question her – he had been sent as a tool to do a job, and that’s what he was to her.

The Chiss soon parted, and as she made a line for him, Kyle kept his stature, safe behind his black visor helmet where she couldn’t see his eyes or the unimpressed expression on his face – only his synthetic voice could be heard behind the mouthpiece.

”No signs here, ma’am.” He reverted back to a more formal address, one that was in his blood to know his place in the pecking order.

”Plenty of eyes on you and all accounted for, but I have to say you’re getting lots of interest. Continue to carry out your business; no harm is likely to come to you or arise tonight.”

He lowered his head a little, the ghostly face of the First Order trooper submitting to her command as was instructed.

[member="Chaf’anta’natrano"] | [member="Animus Malgus"]

@Tora’aro’nuruodo @Brask’ari’sabosen [member="Darth Vornskr"] [member="Alric Kuhn"]

Well, so much for getting a snack…

With the approach of three individuals, Danger and Alric found themselves surrounded. Quick to pick up on the role of cordial pleasantries, the Queen of Trade would first shine a smile to the son of the Grand Admiral Pard’amo’nuruodo. Her eyes would widen slightly in hidden amusement.

Chiss and their titles.

Striking, ” Danger had a smoky Southern Systems whisper that a man didn’t much hear as inhale. Her voice hung at the belt buckle, causing a man to lean forward, holding his breath for fear of missing a word or an opportunity. “I would say Lieutenant Commander…” she turned to the woman, and another incline of her head in greeting, “Doctor Brask’ari’sabosen.”

One always would use as much of a Chiss’s title as they could, out of respect and because they had this thing about using titles as measuring contests. Often times it was more about the quantity than quality of rank and titles, which only grew the internal amusement.

Her hand would extend first to the male, and then to the female. Her smile was seemingly genuine, open and above reproach.

“Danger Arceneau, of Arceneau Trade Company… BlastTech Industries, Browncoat Arms & Industrial, Haven Shipyards, Mara Tibx & Fuels, PharmaTech and the Oiran Guildhouse. Techno Union Executive Council and Overseer of the Southern Systems Business Bazaar and Expo.” Trade a few titles for another stream of titles. Chiss were taught to respect the position itself rather than the person holding that title. As such, Chiss often responded when an individual called out the rank rather than their name.

“And yes,” she would confirm with with that honeyed rasp on how humans typically would greet each other ,” A pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

It was then that the broad and imposing presence of the King of Panatha would make himself known. He was broad of chest, certainly a figure that demanded attention. However, the most striking appearance was the map of scars that would mar the sphere of his head and the valleys of his face. Rippling puckered flesh that told a tale of agony and pain under the forge of fire.

Danger wouldn’t even flinch.

“Lord Vornskr,” floating over to him with a voice thick like molasses and just as sweet, Danger would seemingly bask under the presence of the Sith Lord. Alric would know better, and at the corner of her eye she saw him pay his respects and move on. They all had their role to play, this would be no different.

“You make a girl blush for such a magnanimous compliment,” her smile was wide, her eyes bright, and her face seemingly aglow.

“Would anyone care for drinks?” she would offer, always under the sort of hostess like demeanor that made her famous for her hospitality.

Cryax had dealt with enough crime lords in his time to recognize a veiled threat when it tumbled from someone's lips. With narrowed red eyes, Bane opened his mouth to respond to Vengeance's "concerns," but clapped it shut when a very striking Chiss inserted himself in the conversation.

The bearded Chiss was tall with high-angled cheekbones and fiery red eyes. Bane could not help but stare blatantly as the beautiful Chiss gave the Sith such a verbal tongue-lashing, that he was thankful for the wall-eyed Ysalamiri, blissfully soaking up nutrients, ignorant of how necessary they were to the proceedings. Frankly, half of the Chiss' speech Cryax did not catch because he was much too mesmerized by the handsome creature, but the parts that he paid attention to filled him with a strange mixture of anxiety and satisfaction.

His gleaming red eyes flashed from the bearded Chiss to the arrogant Sith. Then, Bane cleared his throat and spoke up, spreading his hands in an attempt to diffuse the situation.

"Gentleman," he assuaged. "Please. Let us leave the petty bickering to the folks in the Galactic Republic. We are two strong allies, Sith and Chiss. This is an arrangement of mutual support for both of our groups. Vengeance, the Aristocra of House Chaf invited the Sith into her palace as a show of allegiance. Would you rather have yellow banners hanging over true loyalty or red banners hanging over false pretenses?"

[member="Inrokini'kol'airik"] [member="Vengeance"]

Vengeance glanced at [member="Inrokini'kol'airik"] with a smirk.

"So you know every Sith that exists in all of the galaxy." "Every Lord and Lady, every Knight." "Congratulations that is quite a feat to be sure." "Tell me some thing then expert on all things Sith." "So you managed to find a way to remove one weapon common to all Sith." "What about the other weapons?" "Hmm are you sure the force is the only weapon at the disposal of a Sith."

Vengeance turned to [member="Cryax Bane"] shaking his head.

"Fear not Governor nothing more than a healthy debate." "Tell me something though since your suicidal friend hear made such an interesting point about those in power." "Did you happen to notice the young Sith who has been riding the coat tails of our gracious host since the moment he walked in."

He looked at the governor.

"Sith are power hungry schemers every last one." "We all have a singular goal in mind that focuses the purpose of the power we work towards." "So tell me good governor how a Sith of no true reputation of strength garners the undivided and extended attention of a Chiss noblewoman he has never met before tonight?"

He paused scanning the room seeing the subject of his point reappearing and separating before turning back to Cryax.

"Since when do nobles take such personal interest in an inconsequential individual when somebody of power and influence such as yourself barely warranted an announcement as you entered." "Does that not concern you."

He looked at both men before speaking to them both.

"Tell me gentleman what happens when a civil war ends." "What happens when a position of power becomes open?" "Do those who remain standing not seek by any means necessary to fill such a vacuum?"

He paused.

"I served on Csilla gentleman." "Not only as an Adviser to one of your Commanders but lead a platoon myself on the front lines during one of the many battles that claimed the lives of so many good and honorable Chiss." "I would not see their sacrificed smeared by your people descending into another civil war."

Vengeance looked at Inrokini'kol'airik with a serious look.

"You may not know me and that is fine." "But know this I was raised on a Sith world." "My father thought we were safe on a world among allies and friends." "Until men broke into our house in the middle of the night and murdered him." "They tried to kill me too." "I do not care for titles." "They are merely words on paper." "Since that night I have gone by Vengeance the singular purpose in my existence to repay that deed that stole my childhood."

"They do not call people like me when they want to prattle and posture." "They call people like me when the only course of action is the whole sale slaughter on not individuals but entire cities, or entire worlds." "People like me have a game we like to play." "Called who's the better killer and will even go as far as to drown each other in millions of gallons of water just to win."

Vengeance turned to them both.

"Gentleman I was not invited by our host." "I found out about this little gathering from one of those same noble Chiss soldiers that I stood shoulder to shoulder with on Csilla." "One who like I is concerned about the power vacuum currently plaguing your people."

Setzi Lunelle

Searching for Eleos's Altar
Setzi led Kaia to the wrought iron pavillion in the center of the atrium. Arranging her dress so it fanned around her, she sat down and patted the bench for Kaia to sit as well. Or perhaps she would choose to stand.

"Do you feel stronger as a Knight, Kaia?" Setzi asked. It was a bit of a rhetorical question, because also due to nerves, the former padawan began to ramble a little, her voice rising with her enthusiasm: "I feel much stronger as part of the Sith. The power is intoxicating. There are no boundaries. What you do in your training... the choices you make. It's limitless."

She then lowered her voice to a near-whisper. "It's seductive."

With telepathy now, Setzi probed directly into the Jedi Knight's head. "We could use someone with your skills, Kaia." While she was not a mind control expert nor an illusionist like her Master, Setzi tried to show the girl a vision of the future where Starchaser was a Sith. If she was successful, Kaia would see a red and purple canyon below her as she stood atop a mesa. Armies amassed at her feet, clamouring for orders. Whipped slaves lifted stones, groaning in pain and toil as a monument was erected. In the vision, Kaia would feel another presence there. Setzi would be behind her, standing in solidarity at all that lay before them. "This could be yours," she finished, still inside the Knight's mind, her voice hollow and precise.

[member="Kaia Starchaser"]

Kaia really did like Setzi. It was a shame she tasted like she was burnt. Sure, Kaia tasted people in the Force, tell me its not a thing, and I’ll link you to something called clairgustance. Not that Kaia was a vampire, so it was probably more like… she smelt burnt, in the Force. And that is called ‘clairalience.’

Corey knows useless facts.

“Feel stronger…” She let the words leave her lips and bit at her lower lip, staring out at the garden. She was standing but soon she found herself seated next to her friend the traitor, even if Kaia didn’t care how people worked, so long as they weren’t complete brats about it. “Stronger? No. I feel the same, just I know what I’m doing?” Kaia knew she was basically a gimp in the Force, and she wasn’t going to fight it. Who had a power that let you change temperature? Seriously.

Swallowing hard, the girl was starting to feel the images that Setzi was pressing into her head. What was that? The Warden of the Sky training in her was shuddering, sow as Kaia’s just… mental state. She lived aboard a starship, trapped, for years. Well, maybe not trapped, but she wasn’t in control of her destiny. No one under 18 ever really was. You were determined by your parents.

But why would she rob that from anyone else. There was a bit of a spark in the dark haired pilot, turned, maybe in the vision, maybe in the real world, and looked at Setzi. Her eyes flashed, flashed a blue and the room started to get cold. That was Kaia’s control response coming out. When she lost it? Yeah, people would boil.

“Why would I want this?” In a vision, the girl would wave out over the disaster before her.

[member="Setzi Lunelle"]

Setzi Lunelle

Even though Kaia thought Setzi smelled like a piece of burnt toast, this would not dissuade her from her bid to convert the Jedi Knight. Like a religious zealot, she was overly passionate about the Sith. And passionate about her Master, but perhaps this is where the two thoughts became entangled. If it was not for Darth Pyrrhus, she would most certainly be... well, hanging out with [member="Kaia Starchaser"] on another spacewalk or diving in the deep blue sea of Arda. Like #besties.

In the shared vision, Setzi pointed to the slaves. "See that monument? That is your tomb," she said. "You will be immortalized forever on Korriban as a great Sith Lord. After you conquer planets and kill infidels."

"See that army which clamors for your attention? Which is faithful only to you? Who would die at your hand or from your command?"

Yep, Setzi had drank the Sith Kool-aid, which was probably made from the blood of innocent youths (like [member="Kinsey Starchaser"]). Really, look it up on Pinterest. The recipe is there.

And now, she wanted Kaia to drink from it too.

Not so much burnt toast as just burnt… sulfur? Brimstone? Was Setzi growing hooves? Did she clomp when she walked now? Kaia wasn’t pretty sure she wasn’t. The girl also wasn’t so much a zealot as just not liking bullies, no matter where they were from. Next you’ll see her with a vibranium shield in a spangle-y outfit. And if you don’t get that reference, you need to take a few levels in nerd. If Kaia was passionate about anything, it was keeping ships in space and helping people.

And sure, being passionate about your master when he was something that thought he was people was probably pretty… disgusting. Did they even have the right parts? Couldn’t it like… have a barb or a mouth on it? That’d just be… painful. And made Kaia visibly shudder.

But she wasn’t the one sleeping with an alien.

She wasn’t sleeping with anything.

“I’ve been ‘round Korriban, not exactly the place I’d pick for my monument to myself. But then again, none of the worlds seem good…” She looked at Setzi, still in some ridiculously un-utilitarian get-up. Infidels though? Really? That was sounding all sorts of… Jihadi.

And she was not going to call Setzi ‘Al Jazeera’… maybe.

“Alright Al, but who, and why am I put in charge of that, Y’all Sith be rolling in Lords.” She looked around, this was a sad image.

[member="Setzi Lunelle"]

Setzi Lunelle

And just like that, Setzi waved the image away, rather abruptly in fact. Kaia would not be able to tell if the Sith Acolyte was affronted or merely resigned, until she said, “I suppose I will save this vision for someone who is more willing. Who has an open-mind and is not brainwashed by the Jedi Order and its monastic beliefs.”

She knew at this place, and at this moment, she wasn’t going to be able to convince Starchaser of anything but possibly getting another drink at the bar. She looked at her old friend almost wistfully now.

“I’m sorry,” Setzi said, and for a moment, she seemed like her old self – enthusiastic, mischievous, slightly hesitant. “That was rude of me to say. This is a party,and I forgot my manners.”

She rose again and reached out her hand for Kaia’s. “Come. Let's go back to the party and try to have fun. No more of this division between us.”

It was an olive branch, and Setzi was sincere about her intentions. There would be a time and a location to meet Kaia again on this matter. She just hoped it wouldn’t be on the battlefield.

[member="Kaia Starchaser"]

She supposed? “Setzi, can’t you see what is going on? You’re off the path. You’re off any map.” Drowning in the undertow. That was what she was doing. The ship, the Dawn Treader spoke of groups who used the Force appropriately. To its full extent, but that? That was all Alter skills, all the time. No way to help people. You went down that path? You were a soldier. You worked as a soldier. Used the Force for defense and attack. That was what she was doing, wasn’t it?

She was reaching the Force, and using it to protect herself, and predict those that were hurting others. She wasn’t a student, she wasn’t trying to learn how to use the Force to learn anything. She was using it to keep flying, help people who were stuck behind Sith lines, behind pirate lines.

Find the light in the Force.

“At this point, you don’t even know what you’re talking about!” That was a bit more heated than she preferred. But this was Setzi! She helped her with that shipwreck, she helped her, and now she was out doing bidding of… the Sith?

She waved her hand. “If you think that’ll work for you…”

[member="Setzi Lunelle"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom