Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rising Tides of Ascendancy (Chiss Ascendancy, Open to All)

aRDH1rv.jpg

After the recent Rebel attack on Csilla, some in the Chiss Ascendancy called the timing unfortunate. However, Chaf’anta’natrano, or Fantana, the newly-minted Aristocra was convinced that a party at House Chaf couldn't be more timely. A high profile event made a powerful statement in defiance of those who aimed to tear down the glory of the Chiss Empire. Tonight, Fantana opened the doors of the Palace to celebrate her inauguration as the Aristocra of the Chaf family, the Fifth Ruling House of the Chiss Ascendancy, or what was left of it anyway. The former Lieutenant had been recently offered the position to lead her house after the suspicious heart attack of the former ruler. Although youthful, Fantana's diplomatic flair and military experience made her an obvious choice for a replacement, and she accepted the position with great dignity.

The guests of House Chaf would find themselves in a grand hall, mingling with the upper echelons of Chiss society, ruling family members and military leaders alike. Fantana's staff had libations and refreshments circulating among the guests. Tight security was evident, given the unstable political climate. Not only were there ubiquitous palace guards stationed in every corner and flanking every doorway, but there were also terrariums full of Ysalamir lizards, as an added precaution against any Force attacks. Although lavishly decorated in the traditional yellow colors of House Chaf, the palace itself showed some faint cracks of wear and tear. Fantana's Ruling Family had fallen upon hard times after two Sith occupations and the great disappearance.

Despite its hardships, Fantana's ultimate hope was that her inaugural event would be the start of a long glorious ascension for her family and for the Chiss people themselves. Yes, some among the guests whispered that the event was too ostentatious for the generally reserved Chiss, and perhaps it was, but it was an affirmation to Chiss pride, and this event was not for her, but for her family.

[member="Kyle Amedis"] [member="Miad'rien'navruno"] [member="Tesda'latha'osomo"] [member="Doctor Azure"] [member="Brask'ari'sabosen"] [member="Yuuthayn Di'cantos"] [member="Nathar"] [member="Davin"] [member="Tora'aro'nuruodo"] [member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Zatten Black"] [member="Rae’rwna Ves’stahl"]

OOC thread is here. This is a social thread intended to bring Chiss characters together and do some RP around the Chiss Ascendancy storylines. It's also a quasi-recruitment thread in case anyone wants to join the Ascendancy, but don't feel obligated if you just want to hop in here to RP. Its main purpose is a place for Chiss characters to gather OR for non-Chiss to meet and mingle with them. As its a public thread, I won't ban fighting. Dueling would be fine, or an assassination attempt or the like. Just don't go crazy and bomb the place is all I ask.

Kyle1.png
Kyle had been informed of Fantana’s plan to hold a gathering for Chiss and the Ascendancy. While he didn’t protest or question, he immediately began to form an idea of what could go wrong. It was his job now as her One Sith appointed protector.

There was little preparation for Kyle to do at this point, beyond be in the same area as his boss, Aristocra Chaf’anta’natrano. Standing at the head of the room, against the wall with his E11 in hand, Kyle stood in the old First Order armour that symbolled the might of the Imperial and One Sith forces that still kept a unique grip on law, justice and terror against those who tried to break it.

The deep black eyes of the visor stared outwards, and Kyle scanned the room from inside, watching and waiting for any trouble that started. He knew his limitations and what Fantana could contend with, but the minute she gave the nod, or called him, or her life was in danger, he would act with the same cold and brutal efficiency that had served Commanders and Sith Lords before his transfer to the Chiss.

The room was grand and looked fit for purpose, with each exit / entrance and stairwell noted in his mind. He would be a silent symbol of the power and protection that the Chiss, and specifically Fantana, held in their hand.

[member=Chaf’anta’natrano] | [member=Miad'rien'navruno] | [member=Tesda'latha'osomo] | [member="Doctor Azure"]

Vengeance strolled into Grand Hall of House Chaf like he owned the place. His hood of his dark robes concealing his face. Not that he actually did but as not only an Acolyte of the One Sith and more specifically a member or the forces that had conquered Csilla in the name of the One Sith he pretty much had no worries about seeming out of place.

He actually paused when he felt his connection to the force dissipate a smile crossing his lips. It was a wasted gesture as Vengeance only need his saber at his side to do any real damage. Walking directly up to [member="Chaf’anta’natrano"] he smiled.

"I take it this little gathering is your doing?"

His smile grew wider.

"Then perhaps you care to explain why there seems to be a total absence of representation of your betters." "You know the last time your people forgot your place we burned it to the ground so you no longer had a place."

Vengeance made a loud tsking noise shaking his head. He did glance over at [member="Kyle Amedis"] before turning back to the host.

Hetero-chromatic mixing of molten red and burning orange scanned the room from darkened brow, the stride carrying a sense of nonchalance as he entered the vestiges of the grand hall. Held by the presiding Chaf family, Maalik couldn't help but feel that tingling sense of nostalgia for such internal strife between ruling families - much like the domains of the Yun'Do, but far less significant. Beneath the cowl of an armorweave robe, he reached out with a mental fortitude that reflected his tedious training and alignment towards the Yuuzhan Vong of Selvaris. From fleshy Grashal to Towers of Ivory and machinations, the bile would build as he collected upon the precipice of such cultural mixing, a self-loathing ever apparent. Yet, where he intended to reach, it would be blocked from such simple prodding and gestures - blocked, something he was more than accustomed.

Approaching a refreshment table, scarred hands would pull a pastry to his mouth. With each bite, he was reminded of what it once tasted like - but now it was merely ash that provided sustenance. Disappointing. Mentally clenching down on the loss of something he once so dearly favored, he looked back towards the guards that were taking up posts. While he carried no intent for malice at this specific venture, he wondered why there was such a need for protection in a gathering as this on a planet within the Path of Houses. Could it possible that someone might hold more anger towards the Chiss than what he currently harbored, geysers and vented steam boiling beneath armored skin and tattered flesh. No...impossible.

"Beverage..."

"No...thank you." Is that appropriate, to say thank you after refusing the thing offered? The non yuuzhan vong dialect poured out of him like jagged glass, difficult and painful. He wanted the necessity to end but where his slayer ship should sit, a clawcraft now rested idle. He would bide his time with arms crossed, looking to discern what purpose could have been so important as to call a meeting of the fated Ascendancy. And with entertainment to boost his currently poor temperament - bide his time, indeed.

[member="Vengeance"] | [member="Kyle Amedis"] | [member="Chaf’anta’natrano"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Alric Kuhn had always liked the Chiss.

As a people they were cold, logical, calculated, and generally upfront. Those were qualities that Alric enjoyed like none other. When he had controlled Titan Industries Alric had supported elements of the Chiss Ascendancy through both Industry, and direct financing. He had hired thousands of Chiss to work at the Copero Driveyards, and supported the eight families, and had held ties to several Aristocra, and of course, a majority of the Sons of Titan had in fact been Chiss.

Those close ties had given him several advantages when he had been CEO of Titan. It had gained him the facility in the Redoubt, had given him long lasting friendships, and most importantly had made him more money than he could ever count. The Chiss were an intelligent people, always looking out for things that could drive the Ascendancy forward.

Alric liked that, he liked the little blue devils, and it was that like that had driven him here today.

Stirrings within the Ascendancy, expansion, and perhaps an esoteric drive to be independent. Alric didn't much care about the latter, but the former interested him a great amount. If the families sought a return of strength, even if it was under the yolk of the One Sith, then he wanted to be there to support them.

If only to make some profit.

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan bore a brown cloak as he entered the Grand Hall. He removed the gargantuan hood that covered his head, revealing himself to be a chiss.

He had heard of the Chiss Ascendancy before. He had particularly no reason to want to join them, but might as well see if he can make himself known as an ally to them. After all, they are his people. Captain Vycho Kenner had never told his son much about the Ascendancy. Heck, factions in general beyond the One Sith and the Republic were no topic at their dinner table.

Evan glanced around the room, feeling a few presences that felt like powerful force-users. Still somewhat an apprentice himself, Evan's presence could be felt through the Force. I wonder how many force-sensitice chiss there even are these days..

Evan approached the nearest chisa he could find, happening to be @Chaf’anta’natrano. A female chiss. Besides the visions of my mother...i've never seen one...

He waited his turn, as she seemed to be speaking to a robed man. From his lack of manner and arrogant attitude, Evan could only guess he was a Sith.

[member="Vengeance"]

Nathar found himself after many years returning to the Ascendancy once more, having left the first time due to the invasions in the first place. He wasn't an enemy of the Sith but he needed to ensure that things did not get worse before he could ensure he had a contact or two on the outside. With that done he was more than happy to return and found the little get together waiting. Donning his old uniform from the former days in the ascendancy he found himself looking over those here for a few moments before drinking from a glass he had picked off one of the servers. He wondered if any of the old ascendancy like [member="Davin"] would appear, the former leaders of the current time. "Perhaps..." He said to himself as he stood there, perhaps someone would show.​

Yuuthayn Di'cantos

The Perfect Hiding Place is in Plain Sight
87d21338bb1160baac66446e9968debd-d5wzp3z.jpg
This was not my kind of party. Not even close to it. Being surrounded by stuffed-up aristocracy talking about politics and drinking high-priced but still disgusting champagne was something I would've passed up in a heartbeat. But when that rose-scented invitation found its fancy stationary being held by my hands, I couldn't refuse. After all, they'd asked for Yuudi'canto'sintilora- My poorly crafted but still usable alias for when I shift into a pure Chiss form. No one had directly asked for me like that before. So how in the world could I not go?​
I double-checked myself in a small hand mirror to make sure I looked right before stepping outside of the hover-car and walking inside the palace. Yep. Just as classy and stuffy as I thought. Nevertheless, I could handle it. I just needed to avoid getting roped into to a political discussion. I knew absolutely nothing about Chiss society, but apparently politics is a very important subject to the majority of the population. I caught sight of one of the padded benches near the side of the room. Good. No one seems to be anywhere near there. I took a glass of wine from one of the passing servers and discreetly made my way over to it.​
[member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Alric Kuhn"] [member="Atham'aali'kema"] [member="Vengeance"] [member="Nathar"] [member="Davin"] [member="Chaf’anta’natrano"] [member="Zatten Black"]​

Fanatana strode across the room in a yellow gown which represented the traditional House Chaf color, an off-the-shoulder shimmersilk number with a geometric sash. She would never say it outloud, but sometimes the color made Fantana feel like a blue-skinned canary. A caged one. The Chiss Aristocra had not left Sarvchi since the recent insurgent attacks. The Imperial Governor's insistence that the tubes were safe and that the Csilla people should "go about their business" seemed hollow, and the idea of riding through subterranean tunnels during a possible follow-up attack filled her with dread.

However those were more thoughts that Fantana would not share, not even with her closest advisers. Given the instability, trust was not at an all-time high at House Chaf. Her personal bodyguard, [member="Kyle Amedis"], a human male, supplied by the Sith, stood waiting in the wings to protect her at a moment's notice. She gave Kyle the faintest of smiles as she crossed the room to greet guests. He knew that she would visit him shortly for a full briefing on any possible security issues. Fantana required constant security updates, sometimes hourly, and tonight would be no different.

Mental notes of the attendees were filed away in her analytical brain. There was the infamous former CEO of Titan [member="Alric Kuhn"] sharing a drink with guests, as well as dark robed Chiss near the pastries. The ribbons of scarring on his face were odd, and struck her as something she should have a staff member look into, or maybe even Kyle. Blue manicured fingertips tapped on her commlink, which was hidden in her earring. A low, throaty whisper came.

"Kyle, keep an eye on the one with the unique facial decorations," she told her head of security. "He is Chiss, but I feel there is something different about him."

As she turned back to the party, a man ([member="Vengeance"]) sauntered directly towards her with a self-satisfied grin. His dark robes, and that sinister smile told her he was unmistakably Sith. Her assumptions were confirmed with the man opened his mouth and disrespectful drivel tumbled out. Not missing a beat, Fantana folded her arms behind her back and gave her retort.

"Our betters?" said the Aristocra, her gleaming red eyes unblinking and tinged with scorn. "Well, you wiped out a good portion of our Ruling Families during the first two occupation...Oh wait. You mean the Sith, don't you? Don't you worry, our fearless Governor Cryax Bane will be here tonight so consider yourself represented. He was just on the Holonews today, standing in front of the House Palace on Csaplar, telling us how successful the rebuilding efforts have been."

One blue-black brow arched, a micro-expression of disdain.

"Funny. I didn't see anything burning."

Fantana was calm and collected, but behind her back, her fingers trembled.

[member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Atham'aali'kema"] [member="Vengeance"]

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
The event was fully politicized. Everything about it was what one would expect of the Chiss. Even Aro was dressed in his full naval uniform. Naturally he would present his best as the son of the High Admiral of the CEDF Navy Corps. House Nuruodo was the second ruling house, and his parents had reminded him he was more valuable than the highest ranking officials of the fifth house. Yet, Aro would present himself as a polite officer, and a proud Chiss to participate in such a gala.

Arriving with him in his father's command glider, was his betrothed, [member="Brask'ari'sabosen"]. The engagement had not been announced, but as was the custom with their people the marriage was arranged, and the duo would fulfill their duty. The fact they had been friends as children helped the announcement, but they were still strangers.

The shuttle touched down, and Aro looked to Ari. She was beautiful, he thought, and found himself fortunate he was betrothed to her. Whether she felt the same way or not was another matter. It wasn't something they talked about. Duty was a funny thing, and while they both were heading into this, feelings were not considered. It was the wish of their families, and so they move forward. Would they find love? If they were among the lucky ones like his parents, then they would.

[member="Chaf’anta’natrano"] was the person they had come to congratulate. The hall was decorated as it should, and the Chiss couple came through the entrance. He looked to Ari once more.

"Perhaps we can be through this as soon as possible. It is odd we are here for a celebration such as this. However, if it allows us the chance to meet with those resisting the occupation, I am thankful to be here. Certainly being seen together in public without our parents will call attention to our betrothal. It may not remain a secret for long."

Aro paused.

"You look resplendent, Ari."

More bodies entered, and it soon started to fill up. His eyes moved behind the visor and Fantana's voice came through, but he didn't respond. He didn't need to say anything - the instruction was understood without question and he would keep an eye on the Chiss who certainly stood out more than others.

Kyle clocked the man in the robes at once, making clear head way to Fantana. Though there was no need to move or react. The Ysalamiri would help deal with the Force, he just watched for the physical actions that would pose a threat. Not even weapons, but aggressive body language and those wanting to take a swipe, or worse. When he looked towards Kyle, it felt the Sith were present as well as just Chiss .

It was time to move and remind them that security was present. Kyle turned in his amour and began a slow walk around the perimeter of the room, not getting in anyone's way and not making a sound. He simply moved with purpose and a slow precision, watching his step and those around him, all with the yellow dress belonging to Fantana in his sight.

He wasn't here to make friends or make a political point. Only do his job.

[member=Chaf’anta’natrano] | [member="Yuuthayn Di'cantos"] | [member=Nathar] | [member="Evan Kenner"] | [member=Nathar] | [member="Alric Kuhn"] | [member=Vengeance] | [member=Atham'aali'kema] | [member=Miad'rien'navruno] | [member=Tesda'latha'osomo] | [member="Brask'ari'sabosen"] | [member="Tora'aro'nuruodo"]

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Alric watched the room, careful blue eyes panning over everyone and everything.

Oddly enough, he only recognized one or two people. He supposed that was the way of things, the former Titan had been gone for some time and power changes hands rather quickly. Still, some of the new faces in the room seemed rather ambitious, he could tell that from the way they stood. The Chiss had an odd choreography about the way they moved. Each time it was with a set purpose, each time it was with a definition. When one spent time around them, it was easy to determine exactly what they wanted just from their posture.

The gift was not a unique one, and he was sure that other people could do it as well, at least if they had experience with Chiss. There was a language to their expressionless faces, a language all their own. Alric scanned the room to read that language, to try and see exactly what the Chiss that had gathered here wanted.

Independence?

Power?

The Chiss were not known for serving well, they were known for their xenophobia and disregard for any authority but their own. Of course they were also intelligent, they knew when something best served them and their people. He had no doubt that most Chiss here were loyal to the One Sith, or as loyal as they could be. Yet he also knew that more than one Aristocra would be trying to vie for power and control, both here in the Ascendancy and in the greater galaxy.

It was the way of things.

Setzi Lunelle

Searching for Eleos's Altar
The Rebel skirmish on Csilla was of particular interest to Setzi Lunelle as she had always associated the Rebels with fighting for the oppressed of the galaxy and sentient rights. The fact that a Rebel terrorist group had attacked remote Sith military installations, and thus Chiss population by proxy, was quite disturbing. Always framing every new piece of news up against her own situation... well, perhaps the side of the Sith wasn't necessarily the wrong side to be on if this is how the Rebel Alliance behaved.

Setzi came as an emissary of Glee Anselm, which is where she was currently making her home with Sith Knight, [member="Darth Pyrrhus"]. Wearing a long-sleeved, black dress with a splash of red in the inside of the bell of the skirt, the Dark Padawan felt a little out of place among the beautiful yellow gowns and robes of House Chaf.

ElJ5T6Nl.jpg

Perhaps she should have worn more jewelry or a revealing garment, but given her quick surrender on Ziost, there had been no time for a painstaking shopping excursion to figure out what to wear to the event. She decided to wear the black and red of the Sith with pride, since they were technically the rulers of Csilla, the various Houses of the Chiss only marionettes in this depressing pantomime. Still the host of the event, Lady Fantana looked stunning, the yellow of her unique dress contrasting nicely with her pristine blue skin.

Luckily, her new friend [member="Sena Lassiter"] and one of Sena's acquaintances, [member="Ameli Trahir"] would show up at some point during the night. Setzi made her way around the main room, slowly sipping the champagne - since she wasn't used to drinking much alcohol -and admiring the lizard-like creatures stationed around the room. She thought that they were just for decoration, but Setzi quickly realized that their presence created some kind of Force barrier and that her powers would not work here.

[member="Chaf’anta’natrano"] [member="Yuuthayn Di'cantos"] [member="Nathar"] [member="Evan Kenner"] [member="Alric Kuhn"] [member="Vengeance"] [member="Atham'aali'kema"] [member="Miad'rien'navruno"] [member="Brask'ari'sabosen"] [member="Tora'aro'nuruodo"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
It had been some weeks since the families of Brask'ari'sabosen and [member="Tora'aro'nuruodo"] had come together on Sposia after the One Sith began their occupation of Csilla. The fathers, Mith'oru'sabosen - Chief Justice of the High Court, and Pard'amo'nuruodo - High Admiral of the CEDF, had taken that moment to make the final contract for the arranged marriage between their only children bringing House Sabosen and House Nuruodo another step closer to consolidating power within the Chiss Ascendancy. The betrothal had been kept secret for now, though arriving together might lead to suspicion of their courtship as per societal protocol.

The Chiss doctor was dressed in formal robes bearing the colors of the Sabosen family that of brown for the bear and gold for the scales of justice; their symbols. The comment and the latter compliment were both taken under consideration.

"Yes, that may be the case, though we must do our best to act accordingly and with proper etiquette as we are representing our respective houses."

Ari paused a moment before continuing.

"And you appear ever the dutiful officer, Aro," she remarked smoothly in their native language of Cheunh just before the Lieutenant Commander and the Senior Xenobiologist entered the Grand Hall of the Chaf family; Brask'ari'sabosen moving with stoic grace and keeping a respectful arms length away from Tora'aro'nuruodo as they were not married yet.

After the recent Debacle at the Outpost Perpetrated by Rebel Scum Animus Was Furious.
He heard of the Gathering, he heard of the Commotion, but the reason he was here was none of this nonsense. Two of his Sith Brethren were almost Killed today and someone here knew about all this insanity, how else would they know where to look in the Hangar? They knew of the Locations of the Air Ducts too. Someone owed him an Explanation. Still... Animus was never without his Manners.

Nabooian Robes Bathing in the wind as he entered the main hall, His stance was Regal and Dignified, Royalty just by looks, Golden Brown sholder length hair flew in the Air in unison with his robes.

Upon seeing Fantana [member="Chaf’anta’natrano"] the Host and Person responsible for this social gathering, her Yellow Royal cloak and red eyes truly a sight to behold, beautiful unlike any Human. He took three steps to her in Nabooian Tradition and Bowed low dipping his hand in front of him upwards.

"Mistress of house Chaf, it is an Honor to meet you." He raised from his bow and locked eyes with her "I regret the unfortunate Circumstances that led to our meeting but i assure you one of the Terrorists leaders is captured is now in a One Sith detainment facility My lady"

Vengeance laughed at [member="Chaf’anta’natrano"] for a good minute before responding.

"You have guts...................feth for brains but you have guts." "I like that."

He smiled at her.

"So the next time you decided to have a gathering do make sure you include at least one Sith banner." "Otherwise I promise you the fire you see will be your precious Palace."

He chuckled at the mention of the Chiss Governor being in attendance.

"Perhaps I shall discuss my displeasure with him then." "No matter."

His thoughts were interrupted when [member="Animus Malgus"] came up making introductions. If the presence of the fore could still be felt then the entire room wold have felt like an inferno when the man bowed to the Chiss woman. Vengeance was livid.

He turned putting his back to the host as he spoke to Animus semi-discretely.

"Did I just see you...................who would be Sith...............bow to another person?" "A move like that tends to get people killed." "Even if you could by some off chance best me your actions make you a target for all Sith." "And you can't kill us all." "These people offend us, refuse to acknowledge a single notion of their fealty to the Sith and you defer to them like they are better?"

Vengeance put a hand on the man's shoulder looking hi in the eyes.

"Wise up before somebody who doesn't care about making a public spectacle sees you do something else stupid."

Vengeance patted the Acolyte's shoulder before walking off. His journey took him past a server where he grabbed a drink from before he noticed a Chiss sitting on a padded bench. Walking up to [member="Yuuthayn Di'cantos"] he tilted his head off to the side.

"Well don't you look uncomfortably out of place here."

Animus Grimaced as [member="Vengeance"] walked off. Animus had no reply, just eyed the man. He considered his words, but as a man he met recently said. *Violent and Rage in Political situations was assured destructions*.
"My Apologies, some of my fellow Brethren of the Sith are " He glanced back in the Direction of the man " undignified"

Animus turned back before the Mistress of the House. "I am Animus at your service" Animus said with a low bow of his head. and rose it again quickly. "It was Chiss Men and Women who defended the Station from Rebel attack along side Sith Warriors." Animus said loud enough for the Man to hear before continuing.

"However, it displeases me to say that, Social connection and a potential alliance is not what brought me here..." Animus lowered his voice and stepped half a step closer to [member="Chaf’anta’natrano"] "I am in need of someone who knows the people, i am in need of information that concerns not only the sith but the Protection of the Chiss People. " Animus said with Finality erecting his stance and flowing his robes.

"That is our Job here Mistress, To protect and serve our Allies of the Chiss" Animus said in a Serious tone, Making no attempt to hide his Dark Side demeanor, He did not like being Trifled with, and he demanded the same respect he showed to anyone.

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
From behind the small crowd forming around [member="Chaf’anta’natrano"], Evan stepped forward a few steps more, growing more interested in the conversation. He felt the dark side's temptation begin to tug at his heart once more as he watched [member="Vengeance"] walk away.

The nerve of that man...karking typical Sith. So full of themselves. This other guy ([member="Animus Malgus"]) though...how...unexpected...

Evan listened, but said nothing. He halfway wanted one of them, or anyone for that matter, to take notice to his presence, as he felt he had no place to initate a conversation with any of these...seemingly important people. I came here to learn more about the culture of my race...this faction revolving around my own blue-skinned bretheren. Yet...here I stand...feeling as though I do not belong...

Evan resisted his urge to follow the typical Sith, and close to the gorgeous chiss woman and the...polite Sith man, continuing to think of a reason to jump in and get involved.

A little party never killed nobody...

Unless it was one where more than two Chiss congregated together. It was the ongoing half joke that was founded on a bit of truth. While the Chiss were certainly an intelligent, logical, and calculating species, they also shared traits of cutthroat ambition, cool efficiency, and by no means would balk at the necessity of culling those who would be against their Houses, schemes, or general path to power line up.

A tit for a tat favors were also rampant; as were political assassinations. Some might say Chiss were just blue skinned Hapans without the sexism. To Danger, well... she just figured that there were certain traits the Chiss had that would see eye to eye towards mutually beneficial profit in trade.

So it was to this effect that the Queen of Trade would find herself sticking out like a sore thumb amidst a sea of blue. Having arrived just a few minutes before, she would walk into the room with a critical look in her eyes, and the ever famous Rave Merrill corset under her bright red dress.

After all, if one was going to already be the minority species in this little shingdig, she mused, stepping into the light and the music of the party, then she might as well do it in style!

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Danger Arceneau"]

As he scanned the crowd, Alric spotted a color that stood out among the sea of Blue and Black, red.

He frowned for a moment. There were few redheads that were associated with the Chiss, at least back in his day. His mind first went to the way of the Sith. Perhaps one of the Lords or Knights had come calling on the Ascendancy, or had come to watch the Chiss plot. That seemed the most likely, but as the crowd parted and the Chiss slowly began to wander away from one another, Alric could see just how wrong he was.

A small smile tugged at his lips as the sea of blue began to part.

It was funny how these things worked out, how things fell into place and moved about to fit exactly where they did. Slowly Alric made his way over towards Danger, his steps careful and not too loud. A few times one of the Chiss from the lesser houses tried to get his attention, and more than once he had to bat them away with a few kind words. After a short jaunt, Alric stepped up behind Danger, sneakily as he possibly could.

"What's the matter Miss Arceneau?" His voice would resound. "Feeling a little blue."

It was probably the worst joke of the night, but it made him chuckle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom