Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rising From the Ashes

new_empire_by_adamburn-d6sqh87.jpg
Time: 1128
Data Link: Legion of Ashes Silent Coup ***** Uplink Established

A tall man in a dark red uniform and an eye patch walked out to the balcony of the capital building of the largest settlement of Gyndine, Yractos. Next to him on his rights was a bald man in a black trench coat and heavy bags under his eyes. To the left was a human female in a Republic Uniform and a Naval Cap standing at attention. The quick maneuvering of Jaggers men and women was executed without any major problems. The old government was still holding up a fight threatening a civil war but with Jagger troopers holding all the military and police stations they had no weapons or forces to do so. The Vice Administrator standing next to him made sure that planet was at its weakest for Jagger and his soldiers to storm the planet without firing a blaster, as a reward he was now the Governor of the Planet. The republic Commander also put up no struggle as she was approached by Jagger weeks ago and made an agreement so the old Republic forced would stand down.

Now Jagger was standing before both the Republic soldiers and the Gyndine Defense Force, along with a camera droid crew to broadcast his speech. He planned to speech to these soldiers to turn their already shattered loyalties. Jagger walked up to the podium and looked onto the large group of men and women before him. These soldiers use to be the most feared and brave people in the Galaxy, now they were nothing more then a weak police force. He began to speak.

"Men and Women of the fallen empires…" He paused to let that sink in, "Brothers and Sisters of the galaxies armed forces. I Don’t want to rule or conquer anyone, I shall want to help and guide everyone, Imperial and Republican. We all want to help in some form, that is the nature of Sentient Beings. For these last few years we have been a broken and fallen people. Shunned, oppressed, and conquered by those no better than we served in years past." He raised his left fist to the sky next to his head and continued the speech, "Some years ago, I had asked those who followed me to give me time, and now that time has grown to fruition..." He dropped his fist back to the podium making a low 'Thump' that echoed through the microphone. "Many of you listening now have ancient ancestors who survived and were made stronger by the trials that caused them pain. They endured the deepest and darkest times, to make a brighter future for their children. Instead we have politicians and civilians dictating the rules, grabbing for power while we served corrupt leaders and dies for false freedom and power made of sand that slip through our figures. Those voiced on Gyndime have been reeducated and given true insight to our cause."

He waved his left flat hand across horizontal through the air before him like he was cutting the very wind. As he did so a small gust of wind could be felt. "War is no stranger to us, after all we have been fighting for as long as we can remember." He put his hand back on the podium, "War is all we know..." He paused as he looked across the group before him giving the allusion that he looked at each of the soldier instead of the droids televising the speech. "In the past we fought for nations, our loved ones, for power, but all that changed after the fall of two great institutions that we all called home. They have failed us, and now we struggle to survive between nations that wish to conquer us. We had hoped that our Leaders and Politician could protect us from the likes of the Alliance or the hordes of Mandalorians that rain down on these crushing times. Gyndime will now be That beacon of hope, a lighthouse in these dark times to protect those who wish to fight the oppressors and warmongers. Soldiers and Commanders of the Fallen Empires and Crushed Republics, what I ask of you now is not an easy thing, but it is necessary." As he said this a Stormtrooper of the One Sith and a Republic Shock Trooper walked up behind the Admiral and turned to face one another. Jagger walked away from the podium and stood between the enemies for the past. Jagger did nothing, and the troopers reached out and shook one another hands. The Admiral placed his hand on top of theirs and spoke from behind the podium, but his voice still echoed the gathering place. "If we are to survive and secure a better future for that of our children and generations after, we must unite the remnants of the fallen. This is the day we secure our freedom from all invading nations and secure our survival for all our people. We are not liberators, nor saints bent of doing justice, we only offer salvation to those who accept it. To those who stand in our way, I give you one warning, Move." The troopers looked to Jagger and he only nodded to the two soldiers as they let go and walked back to the capital room.

Jagger walked back to the podium and looked out to the soldiers who where more invested by the speech. "On this day, those driven to divide us... those that wish to conquer us, will hear our voice. This is a call to all brothers and sister who are sick of taking orders from lost causes and failed promises. The call will ring out across the galaxy to every corner, to all who will listen. This may mean war, but it is a war with cause. Join the Legion of Ashes. Defenders of the dreams, now is your time!!!" He slammed his fist against the podium to wake the soldiers out of the trance he just put them in.

The gathering grounds were silent as the Admiral stood up taller at the podium. They were now waiting for him to speak more words to pick them up. Instead he walked away from the podium and turned his back to them. The crowed of soldiers and defenders then erupted to yells and cheering as they started to get riled up with the massive speech given to them. In the distance the soldiers began to chant, "Rise! Rise! Rise!"

Jagger walked to the interior of the capital building and meet up with a tall lengthy women who was holding a Data Pad. Jagger just nodded to the women as she turned to follow him. "Great Speech Admiral, though it wasn't the one we agreed on, but still good."

Jagger just continued to walk to the ground floor. He needed to look like a man of the soldiers, a man that could lead these veteran forced into battle.

OOC:
post if your interested in joining the Legion of Ashes, otherwise you can just observe.

[member="Suravi Teigra"] [member="Lucien Galtier"] [member="Lily Kuhn"]

Lucien Galtier stood patiently among the crowd. Lately the "Legion of Ashes" had begun to become more prominent. Posters, parades, and the like. Lucien and his buddies would speak of them in bars. At first it appeared they were merely a rag tag group of fools hell bent on causing even more chaos. Then he and his pals went to a party meeting. The way they spoke of the politicians and lord's of old... It made so much sense! They were the only ones at fault. They betrayed their once great nations! It wasn't the common ground pounder or factory worker. No we fought and worked like hell only to be stabbed in the back. When the tough got going they left. Criminals moved in. Mandalorians pillaged and burned worlds. People all over the galaxy were subject to brutal invasions and occupations as foreign carrion feeders picked apart the corpses. War is not without casualty. Countless thousands died and there was no one to answer the call. The treacherous politicians had sold out their own people.

So here Lucien sat with a few of his former special ops buddies. Trained Commandos versed in over a hundred ways to kill someone. And their were hundreds like them here. Clamoring for a cause. Clamoring for an answer. The Admiral finished his speech and cheers erupted from the crowds. Lucien joined in "RISE! RISE! RISE!"

[member="Jagger Fuga"]

Maizono sometimes stopped to wonder where her life would lead next. Her two years of naval service in the First Order were over. The one job she had been training her whole life for was over now. After her rather unruly court martial and quick dismissal, she had literally nowhere to go, nothing to do. She had no family to care for and no friends to speak of, she basically had no purpose anymore, nothing to be a part of. Not until she was approached by someone seeking her abilities. A coup had been successful and a new power had just risen.

Apparently the Legion of Ashes was the next phase of her life. Maizono didn't refuse the offer to join, she had nothing better to do anyways, and now she found herself on the world where it was all going down. She stood amongst the massive crowd gathered for the speech. She simply folded her arms and listened while everyone went into mass hysteria.

[member="Lucien Galtier"] [member="Maizono"]

Jagger began to walk towards the main entrance to only look at the doors. His presence was well noted as he stood out like a sore thumb. Standing 6 feet 3 inches, he was always a tall fellow. He never looked to stand out or be the person others relied on, he was a strategist for the Republic Military. He was in charge of looking at the larger picture, seeing the future, or at least guessing it. Now after 5 years of being stuck in deep space, his home was under threat, his colleagues turned to another government for safety and security, and he was alone yet again. He never believed in the war with the Sith, killing and sending men to die for purely ideological differences. In truth what was the war about. A war in the Dark Side of some mystical gibbous, a war on good and bad? Who was its job to dictate who was good and who was bad. Soldiers who volunteered to protect their families and some who wished to feel respected, or serve something bigger then themselves. These were the boys and girls who rushed their lives and died for these Politicians, for these Force Users who's real battle didn't involve them.

He wished to build a place for these soldiers, these sailors, these airman. The Legion would be that new home for them. Military was the highest calling a person could answer, not just to serve, but to be respected. He looked to his attendant, "How goes the coup, Miss. Anderson?"

"Well your plans were executed with a 1.32 percent deviation as the previous minister was placed under arrest, his family is currently under house arrest and the Cabinet members are sent home under guard, they should be given your offer to stand down at this very moment"

Jagger nodded, then continued to the door, from there two republic Soldier opened the door and he stepped out. The crowed of soldiers, sailors and airman were still yelling and shouting. The commotion was still on the rise as the Admiral walked out to the crowded streets. He only lifted his hands and waved to the oncoming soldiers who saluted and wished to shake his hand. They moved aside as the man walked forward and shook as many people's hands.

Jagger was finished with meeting the soldiers that would now follow his lead. It was only a week since the Coup of the Government was over and the ministers and government could no longer react a lasting Civil War. Jagger had finally won with this last rally and speech. It hadn't won all the support he hoped for, but with 86% of the planets forces now under his command and leadership, he could finally expand. He finished shaking hands with the soldiers before entering the capital building. He had a meeting with two ex-First Order Soldiers, a Lieutenant [member="Maizono"] and a Sargent [member="Lucien Galtier"]. One seemed eager to join the Legion, the other was a bit less sold.

Jagger was a follower of Grand Admiral Thrawn, studies every book that he could get his hands on. As such he studied as much as he could before meeting anyone. The Lieutenant was Court Marshaled for the use of unauthorized naval equipment. Talented in the design of starships and with a little training has the makings of a fine Naval Officer. Her interest however was more along the lines of serving, and had a tendency to overstep her authority in the atempt to do good. She was something the Legion needed in the sense of a loyal captain for the newly formed Legionary Navy.

Then there was Sargent Galtier. Well trained soldier, and it was without a doubt that this man fought every second of his life. From a young age he fought in the battlefield, then served as a Republic Soldier before being transferred to the Special Operations Branch. Jagger and the man may have crossed paths and never knew it, yet after the fall of the Republic he joined the ranks of the First Order. The man needed stability, a constant train of though that would keep him going. Another well motivated soldier that the Legion needed.

He sat in his office till either of them entered his office, if both then that would cut his day in half.

2-1B 35

35 nervously entered Jagger's office.
"Is there anything I can do to help, Sir?"

35 was a medical droid who had served in countless battles in his 'day.' He defended a ship by himself and he managed to relay messages back to the fleet commanders in hope of helping them. His goal was to be more then an ordinary 2-1B unit, he wanted to be on the frontline (even if he moved as slow as a snail). He stood patiently waiting for the answer.

[member="2-1B 35"]

Jagger was shuffling through some papers before the droid interrupted his train of though. Most people were dismissive to droids, but Jagger was not most people. He shot the droid a smile as he entered and spoke to the man as if they were both human. The War Admiral like a droid with character, not sentient, but was able to carry a conversation. A protocol droid was Jagger's best friend as they played Grav-Chest, strategic war games, and would sometimes just chat. No one had the brain capacity of a droid or the ability to be so proficient, 35 was no different.

"Ah, 35, I didn't know we had a meeting today, I still haven't been able to place you perfectly yet so as you'll be placed in my personal protection to monitor my health and keep my person safe, how's that sound till I get you a more permanent posistion within the Legion?"

His attendance looked at the admiral, "Admiral, you do know he's a droid right, you don't need to give him an option?"

His aid was a very intelligent young women, but she lacked imagination. She was the opposite of Jagger in that she stood within the bounds of the rules. Where Jagger tried to bend them. "Is that true 35, are you just a normal Droid?"

Lucien made his way up the steps and past the grand pillars that led into the parliament building. His buddies had already made their way to the pub for a round of drinks, but Lucien had more important issues at hand. He hadn't really expected to be contacted by the Admiral himself, but sure enough, he had been approached by a messenger after the speech. He was to meet with the man in person. Exciting news to say the least. It wasn't everyday an official of such import opted to speak to a ground slogger like Lucien. Then again the Admiral was something totally different from the everyday.

Lucien made his way through the grand halls and every now and then would stop to admire an ancient mural or mosaic. How many priceless works such as these were lost in the ashes? But that was why he was here, so that future generations wouldn't have to ask this question. He finally found the office in which the Admiral resided and was emitted immediately. He entered the modest room and stood at attention while Jagger spoke with a medical unit. The man looked older up close. As if the years of his responsibilities wayed heavily on his shoulders. Lucien expected much from this fellow.

[member="Jagger Fuga"]
[member="Maizono"]
[member="2-1B 35"]

2-1B 35

He stood in shock.

"No sir, I've been sentient since I was made. I'm quite capable of understanding things both big and small. I appreciate your kindness but it appears as if your assistant is the droid here."

He laughs to himself after his remark.

Jagger looked to [member="2-1B 35"], a sentient Droid huh? He must have missed hat in hi briefing and searches, to have missed such a detail made him realize he was nothing like the man he admired. He still has a long path to travel before he could ever reach those heights.

The man looked over the droid, his decision would still stand, "Interesting 35, very well but my decision still stands, you will enter my personal guard either until you die or I find some one better, understood 35?" These last few words were of authority, like giving an order and he had no room to say no. Jaster then spoke again before the droid could answer, "Now it seems my other appointment has joined us today, so your first orders will be to stand guard to the left of me, keep an eye out, Sargent Galtier is special ops."

Jagger waved [member="Lucien Galtier"] out from the back grounds. Waiting for the man to stand at attention before him, Jaster stood to give the man the Military Repect a soldier deserved. Jagger stood at attention waiting for a salute, once given he would salute back, then they would take their seats. "How are you Sargent? Enjoy the plunders of the Legions as of late, I hear, your comrades currently at the bar I hear? Good for them, they deceive a victory after the hardships they've been through."

2-1B 35

35 was pleased.

"Glad to see you recognize me more as a person. I'll stay here in case you suddenly become ill or something bad happens."

He proceeds to wait as [member="Lucien Galtier"] walks in.

[member="Jagger Fuga"]

Maizono began to wander aimlessly after the speech was over and was hoping to get a better idea of the city was like, considering she had only arrived on planet a little under two days ago. The most she had seen was a small apartment she temporarily rented out with the credits she had accumulated from working under the First Order. Whilst walking about, she received a message on her datapad. The Admiral was looking to speak with her once again.

A taxi ride later she ended up outside the massive building that held the Legion's officials and whatnot. It was certainly very busy. Assistants were running around while generals conversed with one another and citizens looking to join the Legion wondered about. Maizono had been here before, so she knew the way to the Admiral's office. He already had other guests, so she decided to wait outside the door until they finished.

Lucien marched forward and gave the Admiral a crisp salute. Jagger sat and Lucien followed suit. The seat was plush and comfortable. It made him feel out of place from the battlefield.

"I've been better, the collapse of the Republic has been hard on all of us," Lucien said quietly, a solemn expression on his face.

"But yes we've been very successful in our campaign on this planet. My squad has taken up quiet well with the locals of the old One Sith empire and now all our people celebrate as equals. It is a marvelous thing you aim to achieve sir and I am glad to be apart of it," Lucien finished excitedly.

"So sir, if you don't mind me asking. Why am I here?" He had never been noticed by a person of true import. The idea baffled him that a man such as the Admiral would simply ask him to sit and talk. He was already thinking of what mission the man would thrust on his squad next. Assassinations, sabotage, another coupe? Lucien was happy to serve the greater good, but he began to wonder if this world leader was just like the rest. No, he seemed genuinely interested in the well being of his men... Then why am I here? Lucien wondered again.

[member="Jagger Fuga"]
[member="Maizono"]
[member="2-1B 35"]

[member="Maizono"] [member="2-1B 35"]

Jagger nodded to the soldier, he built this place in favor of these soldiers that lost their way. Now to hear that they were having their fill made the man feel closer to his goal.

He nodded as the soldier made the comment about the true reason the soldier was here. He wished it was just to speak about the common soldier about the possible improvements to the Legion, however that was not the reason. He needed to speak to the soldier about a possible new position within the Legion. "Well to tell you the truth trooper is that the Legion needs a man of your experience, many of the soldiers here dont have the capacity to lead and officers are of short supply, as such I have decided to give a commission as a Lieutenant," Jagger slapped a data pad on the table in front of [member="Lucien Galtier"], "You will be in charge of the 2nd Storm Infantry of the 1st Space Corps, your commission will be a well deserved one, these soldiers are very green as they are new recruits so you will need to train them to a specific unit."

The attended nodded her head to notify Jagger that the Naval Lieutenant was waiting outside. He just held up his finger to notify her that it would only take a second more. "So Lieutenant, what do you say?"

[member="2-1B 35"]

Jagger was amazed to hear nothing from, [member="Lucien Galtier"], he assumed the soldier would be more then willing to take on the position. The soldier must have needed some time to think about it. Jagger moved in his seat and looked at the soldier. "I will leave you some time to think about this proposal, meet with my assistant when you have made your decision." Jagger stood and shock the mans hand. "It was a pleasure to meet you trooper, enjoy the rest of your day."

The soldier would walk out and move towards the door. This would make the soldier pass the Lieutenant at the door, as such he wouldn't notice her and continue on his way to meet with his troopers. [member="Maizono"] would then be escorted the to room with 35 and Jagger. He would be standing and waiting for the Sailor to enter the room. As she entered he would point to the chair before him and say, "Pleasure to meet you Lieutenant, please have a seat so we can have a word."

2-1B 35

35 wanted to be respectful.

"Uh sir ([member="Jagger Fuga"] ), do you wish for me to leave you two in private for now? I can wait outside if you require it."

The droid was usually uncomfortable around people of high status. He felt insignificant to them and normally kept his distance. 35 didn't want to slip up in front of an officer.

Maizono walked over towards the desk and took a seat in the chair, as indicated. She moved some strands of hair away from her face while the Admiral greeted her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, admiral. What is it you would like to discuss?"

The young commander seemed to be fiddling with her datapad, only to put it away in a shoulder bag a few moments later. It seemed as if she had a lot on her mind. Getting used to living on a new planet and undertaking a new job certainly put a toll on her.

Jagger looked to the droid, [member="2-1B 35"], it was true, the work he was about to discuss with the Lieutenant was of importance. He did like how the droid excused itself from a conversation. Rather polite of a droid, but he had to keep in mind the thing was sentient now. "Yes, of course 35, I shall speak to you later then," Jagger nodded to the droid before [member="Maizono"] walked in.

He showed her a seat and they sat down, he of course exchanged a greeting to the Lieutenant. He then answered her question. "Yes, well besides myself and the Commander of the Republic Forces here, you are the most veterans Naval Officer on the planet. I have also seen the blueprints you've created for some Starships, you are well trained," Jagger pushed a button on the terminal beofre him, a Komaru Class Assult Cruiser appeared in a holograms projection. "As such in interested in extending two things to you, first I'd like to make you my Executive Officer or second in command for my Force as well as the rank of Captain, second I would like you to also take on the daunting task of becoming the Legions designer of our Starships and Fighters, will you accept this difficult task?"

Maizono looked genuinely surprised at what was said too her. She would never have expected to be offered so a high up job, more-so the second in command or executive officer of the Navy/Army.

"Wow..."

She coughed.

"Of Course. Thank you... I'd be more than willing to undertake this task. I appreciate it actually. You can count on me"

Jagger was more then happy to hear that [member="Maizono"] was to take the job. The Legion needed people who were dedicated and to insight those loyal people needed to be rewarded and given a purpose. This newly promoted Captain had the potential to become something great, jagger just had a gut feeling. The rag-tag force of the Legion may feel uneasy about such a YOUNG person leading them, but Jagger's decision had yet to lead them astray, so they would accept her. She would have to prove herself of being a capable leader before they would truely become loyal to her.

Jagger nodded approvingly to the Captain, "Good, well you will have a full list ahead of you, we need to establish our Naval presence in the system as well as get companies to contract with us to create new and improved ships, I have been in contact with a Chiss who may be able to get us advanced Plasma based weaponry for these new ships, would you be willing to meet with him?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom