Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Hi there, I've done one or two critiques of Alric before, asking people what I should change and what they thought. This time I thought I'd post this with an additional question.

What are your overall thoughts of this character? Do you like him? Hate him? Admire him? Think he's overblown?

I am genuinely interested in any and all thoughts and before I ask you yours I'll put down my own.

Alric is, in my opinion, my second most ever developed character. The only other character I've written who I would describe as more comprehensive and well developed would be Darth Moridin, Soliael is a close second, but I think Alric narrowly beats him out. Alric has been through a lot. He's in one of the longest threads In on the board, has connections with dozens of characters, has founded and grown three corporations, has met Sith Lords, Jedi Masters, and even Vong Overlords. He's "Died" and come back from the dead, has two daughters and will shortly be getting married for a second time in a story that has spanned almost an entire OOC year.

My point is, this character has a done a lot, and he's been fleshed out quite a bit. As a NFU, a Non-combat character(mostly), and not an expert in any particular sci-fi field(Scientist, slicer, etc) I'm quite proud of all I've accomplished with this character, and although I took some stumbles I quite like what Alric has become in the end.

So give me your opinion, whether good or not.

In my experience and watching the stories of Alric, I can say I’ve liked the character. I cannot say from a personal interaction perspective but the stories written with the character have been interesting. I cannot attest to any material written beyond June or July, but I remember enough. I remember when I saw Titan Industries – I associated the character with that particular brand, and literally the word. The conglomerate he was building, the corporations that were swallowed up and essentially terrified at the prospect of Titan coming around. Then of course, after the One Sith surge and Netherworld - he’s just a guy trying to make his way in the universe without the war machine behind him.

He is a well-rounded character who has seen a lot, been well developed and appears to have some time left on the writers table. Additionally - out of all the characters, I like this one the best. That is probably due to the fact I've read more of his material than your other characters.

Matreya

Love him. He is am interesting character that has had his ups, and downs. The emotional response one can find while reading his works is phenomenal; you wish for endings to occur, that may never happen. I have found several times, me wanting to scream at the screen, urging him to handle things differently. He has formed ties, broken or had them broken, won many battles, and lost some to.

Other than the positive, there is a bit of negative. Only a bit. Unlike Moridin, and Soliael, whom both I feel had that perfect set of personality quirks, I don't always feel the same from him. While, as said, there are spots that create an emotional response, there are not as often as the times I feel literally nothing. I don't know if every time you write him, you fully submerge into the mindset of him as you do with others.

Other than that, kudos. Amazing character, and awesome arc from what I have read.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

This character is my idol for a reason.

I've had exactly two threads with this account of yours, one of which is not even with Alric himself. But I have read others threads of yours as well and I have to say this is one of my favourite characters in Chaos. From what I've read, he is a simple man -- no combat, no amazing skills, no science or anything (like you wrote in your opening post). But that simplicity has, in my perspective, made him one of the few characters in this board whom I can truly relate to.

He is an amazing character. His love stories, first with Silara and then with Danger, have been fantastic to read. I don't know what you've done OOCyl with them, meaning I can't tell if they are natural or forced loves, but I do know they are one of the most authentic love stories in Chaos.

I... can't give bad feedback on this character. You're an amazing writer and that's why I am rather sure everything I don't like about Alric is purely the way he is and not caused by bad penmanship.

Like I said, he is an example of a perfect character to me. I don't know what you do behind the scenes, but to me, he looks like a character that is simple for you to write. I may be wrong, but that's how it seems to me. There are very few other characters who radiate that easiness.

I just read Darth Pikiran's post above and thought to address the emotional coldness. I. karking. love. that. Even if it's not an intentional thing, it is an amazing feature about him. If he's written like that on purpose, that's even better. I admire people who write a character who doesn't show feelings yet who can make it believable.

[member="Alric Kuhn"] - I've tried to keep up with this char. I have failed, but sporadically I stalk your threads. I like him. He is very "human"... He has internal struggles, changes, and doubts and development. Makes him pretty damn good in my book because so many characters lack that bit. I might come back to this when I am more caught up on posts, but he's a pretty good read in my book.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Thanks for the reviews guys, I really appreciate seeing what ya'lls thoughts on Alric are and I love reading it :)

[member="Julius Sedaire"] | [member="Ellya"] | [member="Darth Pikiran"] | [member="Mira Rekali"]

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Anytime!

I do enjoy the characters you develop. Shara was fun too, when I first came to Chaos - he was the first that really struck me on Coruscant when you guys took the Temple.

Anyways, just my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom