Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revan?

It got even worse when they introduced this nonsensical "oh, he didn't want to destroy the Republic and conquer the Galaxy due to being power-hungry, he just wanted to 'prepare' us against the True Sith" plotline.

Actually, not to burst your bubbles, but Revan wasnt a sith, he was basically brain washed by the emperor, as soon as he snapped out of it he was light again

No, revan was a master in the force, he was extremely powerfull, he and his apprentice, malak, figured out that the sith had survived, so they went in search of them which lead them to dromund kass. The emperor of the sith found them and bent there will's toward the dark side using the force. Revan and malak found a way to get rid of most of the emperors control over them, but the evil desires stayed with them. They knew the emperor was planning an attack on the republic, and repeat the mistakes of the great hyperspace war. Revan and malak began to try to stop the emperor, ending with the events in Kotor 1. Meetra was Refans second in command, and she was also extremely powerfull in the force, she was very close to revan. In the end she led half of revans fleet in the battle of malachore IV. eventually the Jedi counsel called her back to them and stripped her of the force because she had an ability to influence everyone around her with the force. And you tell me they were "looking for relevance"

Actually, Revan and Malak did slightly remove themselves from the Emperor's control, but that resulted in them believing their plan for galactic domination was their own, and forgot the Emperor completely. It's all explained in the book.

I have a rather cynical view of the whole KOTOR era. The notion that some supreme Sith Emperor waited for 1300 years to attack the Republic...and wasn't immediately annihilated has always puzzled me. I mean, look at what happened to Polynesians after only 400 years in the islands away from the mainland of Asia; they reverted virtually to the stone age. The notion that they might decide to invade Siam in 1800 with stone spears would be laughable.
But then Star Wars does feature many...oddities like this. I guess it often comes down to trying to make a good story and pimping the current writer's obsession. In Drew Karpyshyn's case it was his fanboyism for Revan being the best thing ever.....

But each to their own. :)

Generally if you wait 1300 years you'll find your isolated empire is several levels of tech behind the vastly superior enemy. I am reminded of the Battle of Omdurman and 1898 where the heroic Mardist warriors charged the British armed with machine guns, repeating rifles and modern artillery. Casualty ratio of 30 to 1.

See, I was discussing this with Siobhan's writer, and we thought it would have been much cleverer to make the 'Sith Emperor' a construct of his Sith Council, where he would just be a name and a shape without actually existing to give justification to their regime.
That's probably a bit too reasonable for Star Wars. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom