Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Returning to the Nest

Evelyn Shaw Evelyn Shaw

To see Evelyn tear up at the sight of her friend booting up brought a smile to Amea’s lips. It was a moment for her to have, some measure of reassurance that the past was still there and that her old friend would always be around to help her when the times got rough. Sometimes in life, that was all you needed and Amea was happy to step up and try and take that spot for now.

Evelyn’s arms wrapped around her and Amea placed her cheek against the top of her silken white hair. Her hand patted against her girlfriend’s back before her thumb began to gently stroke back and forth for comfort.

“You know, you’re really selling that whole ‘pretend you don’t know what it is’ bid really well.” Amea chuckled and separated to give Evelyn a kiss on her forehead. That smile from before lingered as she let in a deep breath.

“Anything for you.” She whispered. “I had the means— I… I couldn’t let him gather dust when I saw how much he meant to you.”

The Echani chuckled with Amea, feeling a dash bit silly for getting emotional all of a sudden. She had indeed known what she was going to say, but it was entirely different seeing for real, Bob standing there before her like nothing had happened.

I guess they’re right in that saying, knowing and seeing are two very different things.

Evelyn smiled as she brought her hands up, rubbing away the tears that had been shed. She turned to look at Bob, who was just standing there watching them. It had been years since Evelyn had last seen him, and he looked no different compared to her.

Sure, she had maybe grown a little, but she had left not long after graduating. Not that much had changed, and yet Evelyn felt like a whole lot had since that time. She had gone to see Bob one last time, before she had left home shortly after graduating. Evelyn just couldn’t face her grandparents then, knowing full well they’d be able to convince her out of it.

And a selfish part of the Echani knew that Bob wasn’t capable of stopping her, but she had needed to say goodbye to someone.

Evelyn brushed the memory aside, a different one surfacing as she took a hold of Amea’s hand. “Bob,” she began getting the droid’s attention. “As tradition holds…” It was something she did as a kid, whenever she made a new friend. It became paramount that she introduce them to Bob, first and foremost. Although, Evelyn did wonder if he recognized Amea in any fashion, maybe as the one who fixed him? She wasn’t quite sure how that worked for a droid.

I would like to formally introduce you to Amea Virou, my girlfriend.

That seemed to catch the large droid’s interest, as he perked up. He moved forwards with arms opening up. Evelyn realized her small error in that moment, letting out an ‘oh no’ a second before Bob hoisted them up off their feet, and into one giant hug.

Evelyn Shaw Evelyn Shaw

“Nice to meet you, B- woah!” Amea began to laugh as the droid picked her up in a tight hug. A happy glance set on Evelyn for the duration of it, and as the droid set them down she quickly stepped into another embrace to keep the feeling going. “I’ve tried my best to keep her out of trouble, but Evelyn finds a way…”

The droid looked at Evelyn and then Amea. His thumb raised with an approving whirr before he stepped back to leave them alone. It seemed that despite her having fixed the droid, it had no recollection of this. Amea let the moment linger for a moment, her fingers lacing back together with Evelyn’s as she slowly began to step away from the workbench.

“... Me, though…”
She grinned. “I am going to need something else to wear.”

She motioned with the other hand to the clothes that still sat a little too snug.

“Soo, as the formally declared girlfriend I am thinking…”
She leaned in. “Clothes, and a movie before we go?” Amea stopped, waved her head around from side to side. “I mean, we can stay for a while longer, but I would love to take you to see something, or just a take a break- or… You know...”

She cleared her throat, she mumbled. “... A date.”

Evelyn blushed in embarrassment, knowing full well that if Bob had a voice he’d agree with Amea’s words wholeheartedly. When the Echani was younger she was...a lot to handle. Often getting into scrapes and fights when someone thought they could bully her. After a certain point, Bob had seemingly formulated responses to specific scenarios that Evelyn had found herself in.

Often sweeping in, picking her up and running away.

Bob was always the ‘grey middle’ of sorts. He was never there to pick a side, not even Evelyn’s. His job was to simply protect her, even if it was from herself.

The Echani smiled as she held Amea close, letting her girlfriend slowly walk them away from the workbench and towards the door. A mention of clothing had Evelyn looking Amea up and down, and chuckling lightly.

You certainly do, we’re long overdue for a shopping trip.

Evelyn glanced over at Amea as she began to speak, obviously leading to something. It quickly became clear, even before she finished. And the Echani couldn’t hide the grin that was forming.

Amea Virou, are you asking me out on a date?” It was maybe a silly question, given they were already dating. But this would be the first time they’d actually be going on a date. And it was Amea who was suggesting it, an adorable sight in the Echani's opinion.

I for one think that sounds lovely, and we just so happen to have the perfect chauffeur…” She said, eyes shifting over to look at Bob.

"I am." Amea chuckled at herself. "I was thinking movie, dinner, and then... Maybe a quick stop by the ship to pick up, uhh..."

Her eyes set on Bob for a moment and then Evelyn before her cheeks reddened. "Some things that I will... Definitely realize that I forgot."

"Or just, a night out. No guns or chases. No mobsters and paranoia, or pirates and shipwrecks. Just you and me getting to know each other some more."
Amea's cheeks weren't any less red by now. "N- not that we don't know each other, but... I mean, well, it's been a ride, and I want to know so much more about you if you are okay with it, and then I mean- I totally get if you--"

Amea stopped herself, took a deep breath, and tried again.

"Can I please just take you somewhere nice and then we see where it goes from there?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom