Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of the Jedi | Mission to Eriadu

Objective: 3 heal the people
Tags: [member="Nida Perl"] | [member="Oros"]

The world of Eriadu was a sickening sight to one that had grown up on Midvinter. Sigyn didn't think a world could be as destroyed as this one looked, but it was true. Having been sent there to help the poeple, she had been confused as to what kind of job that was. Now she knew. It almost made her sick as she looked out of the window of the shuttle she had arrived in.

Touching down on the surface, she looked around her, again fighting to hold back something in her stomach that wanted to get out. She had been told there was some sort of clinic not too far from where she had landed, and that would be a good place to start With helping the People.

She was becoming more and more confused as she walked Down the streets to find the clinic. Why would someone destroy their planet like this? Nothing good could come out if it. Was it the few People in charge that had done it, or was it everyone on the planet that had wanted for this to happen? Questions like that swirled around in her head as she looked around.

When she thought she was nearing the clinic, Sigyn spotted a man laying nearby, writhing in pain while he held his leg. She quickly ran over to him. "What is wrong here. I'm from the jedi and am here to help." The man looked at her a bit weird, but his face retorted to showing only pain fast. Sigyn laid a hand on his leg, and felt that it was broken. On Kashyyk, she had recieved a little training in healing, and knew how to ease pain for a short time. She held her hand over the leg, letting the force ease the pain, then put tha mans right arm around her shoulder and lifted him up. It wasn't easy to lift im With the broken leg, sbut she managed.

Luckily, the clinic wasn't far, and she quickly found the building. She walked in, and called to a nurse to get the man some help. "Who is in charge here?" she asked friendly. "I'm from the jedi, and want to know how I can help."

Objective: 2

Allya managed to get some cargo hauler speeders, and arrange the meetings. It had been a pain. The cargo haulers went back to the lowered loading dock of the Unyielding Faith. Once more, Allya's eyes took in her ship, her home. There was a sense of pride. This was the home to a large number of people, something she had help to build, and designed. Something she paid for, through her inventions, and by hauling cargo across the galaxy as she traveled and spent time at home.

However, as her eyes touched on Jerek working hard to load the cargo, the pride in her almost overflowed. He was hers, and she was helping him be the Jedi he wanted to be. Means far beyond what he normally could do, and in return he gave her strength she didn't have. It was a good balance, she felt.

Honestly, it was difficult for her mind to go straight to worrying about the people of the planet. It's environment, their futures. She struggled with it. At her core was a selfish individual, who wanted what she wanted. However, she had to admit to herself, she wanted to protect. She wanted to help, to ease the burdens of people. She simply had never had anyone ever tell her how she could. Or that it was even okay to do so. Instead, her examples were people like Darth Tacitus, who could slaughter a planet, raise the dead and create massive monsters from the dead to force enemy submission, so his own people were spared death. Adron who manipulated, and used, and controlled to get his way, and to protect what was important to him. Or her father, who used pure strength and anger to instill fear into the hearts of everyone who crossed him and his people. Each protected what was important to them, each lifted up the people of the CIS.......

But each ignored the lives of those who were outside of it. Or outside of their notice.
Allya did not want to be that. It broke her heart each time. It wasn't who she was. She was passion, not fear, she was joy, not anger, she was excitement and loved life, and hated manipulation and lies. Jerek, Asaraa, Josh, Coren, John, they gave her someone to look to, to emulate that wasn't of the cloth of her other heroes. Someone who could show her what it meant to PROTECT, to HEAL, to GUIDE. She was lucky, Voph had become her master. As old and crotchety as he was, his heart was in the right place, and his desire to protect, his ideas that power came with responsibility, it was close to hers. Together this had caused a massive change inside of her.

Finally, she stepped out of the speeder and hopped up over to Jerek. The girl slid up to the boy and gave his cheek a kiss. “Hey Cyar'ika! You guys did good! I got permission, to help overhaul one of the larger apartment complexes, as well as to talk with the owner of a factory in town. It's not a ton we can do yet, but it's a start.”

She can't help herself, her arms wrap around his neck and she rests her head on Jerek's chest, to listen to his heart beat. “Sorry. I'll be done in a second. I know we have to work. I just...haha, maybe it's silly, I'm just reminding myself why I'm doing it all. I just have to keep reminding myself.” Fingers brushed his hair out of his face, as she looked up at it. Finally, she removed her head from his chest. “Oh um are we ready to move everything?” The woman looked at her crew members and smiled. “Everything good guys?”

[member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

VOLUNTEER CLINIC
ERIADU CITY SLUMS
OBJECTIVE THREE
[member="Nida Perl"] | [member="Sigyn Vanir"]

I am the senior physician on call. How may I help you?

Oros' thoughts filled the room for all to hear, and a few moments later the floating tank of liquid in which his physical invertebrate form was suspended hovered into view. First contact with humanoids who had never come across one of his kind before was unpredictable, he had personally witnessed a wide variety of reactions. Terror was common, wide eyed curiosity slightly less so. On one occasion there had even been an instance of stark attraction, but the less he pondered that Merrill woman the better. At least with the Jedi he had found there wasn't the additional hurdle of adjusting to his species' innate telepathic communication.

Small repulsorjets maneuvered between beds of sick and wounded, until he was standing only a few meters away from this so called representative. She was human, or near-human at least, it was difficult sometimes to distinguish. He had sensed her presence in the Force minutes ago, disturbing his reverie and drawing him back out into the main clinic. She seemed young, even by human standards. There was a spark of confidence in her aura but her power seemed raw and unfocused, evident of one who has only recently begun their training. Focusing his thoughts so now only she could hear him, he added.

Lower your voice, do you want an Imperial informant to overhear? The First Order doesn't take kindly to Jedi around here.

It was not only the newcomer's safety he was concerned for, nor even his own. Though she was a relatively new arrival and they had never openly discussed it before, Oros knew that the zeltron female was gifted. She was careful about hiding it, almost as careful as he was, but one would have to take extreme precautions to deceive an innately psychic being such as himself. Despite the rumors, he had no notion of the true extent to which an Imperial presence had been weakened in this part of the galaxy. In this part of the city, Ssi-ruuvi were just a myth and there were more important things to worry about than which Moff was supposedly in charge.

"...but force of commerce and law."

Lawfare?

The tow-headed Anzat turned his head, curious, as he regarded the Zeltron and reflected on the young man's words. It was a very reasoned perspective on the situation. Were they anywhere else in the galaxy, Sor-Jan would have agreed with the approach.

Except this was the Outer Rim.

Relying on the law to work out in the Outer Rim went against the very stereotype and notion that had led it to being commonly referred to as the Outer Rim. "The Coalition doesn't exist here," the boy countered after a moment. "At least, not yet. Hopefully sooner rather than later, but even then the Judges cannot be all things for all people of all worlds at all times."

Even then, slavery had been outlawed by the Republic and still Eriadu had continued the practice even while claiming to be a supporter of the Coruscant government. Because Eriadu had been far enough away from the Republic Senate that little, if any, of what passed for the rule of law in the Core or Mid-Rim had held much sway in this part of the Outer Rim.

In the same respects, Demonsgate and Kesh were closer, but not exactly close. Doubtless, the Eriadu likely felt as though the Coalition would similarly be blind to a lot of what went on in this part of space. Because such had been the history of the planet for countless generations.

"If we wanted to make a change in the moment, we could simply wave a hand and supply a suggestion," Sor-Jan noted after another moment. "But that wouldn't last beyond the moment. No, only Eriadu can change Eriadu."

An outside influence would be no more effective than a mind trick in that regard. Rote obedience was not the same as actual compliance.

The people of this world had to want change for themselves. "The law provides little incentive. Commerce, on the other hand, may well be how to incentivize it for them."

[member="Maokai Bantam"]

The voice that came in her head startled Sigyn. She wasn't used to communication through the force, so she got confused at first. But it became Clear where it came from when the tank With a brain-looking creature in a tank. This was the first time she had seen something like that, but it was far from the most scary thing she had seen. But it still gave har a shock, flinching when it came into sight.

But when he came closer, she got uneasy. He was bigger than she thought when it had entered the room, but she stood her ground. "Sorry, I didn't know the jedi were so little liked here. I will be more discreet." From what she had heard, the jedi were peacekeepers who were supposed to be liked anywhere. Well, except for in sith Territory, but she didn't know much about them.

"I was wondering if there was any way I could help here? Look around, and bring People needing help here, maybe? I've just started my training, so I won't be of much help in healing them, though." She hoped the brain-like creature would understand, and give her a task she actually could do. "I'm Sigyn, by the way. Sigyn Vanir." She extended a hand out of habit, but quickly pulled it back, hoping he wouldn't get offended.

[member="Oros"] | [member="Nida Perl"]

Objective III: Heal the People
Volunteer Clinic
Tags: [member="Oros"] | [member="Sigyn Vanir"]

Nida had exited the makeshift room, drawing the curtains closed before she turned to find the Celegian on duty. In truth, he downright unnerved her with his unusual appearance, but that was in the back of her mind once she began her work.

“Dr. Oros,” She approached him, gently pulling back the blankets of the bundle cushioned in her arms. She didn’t need to say much, as the child’s limb deformities were obvious. “This is the third child we’ve delivered with such…anomalies this week.” Her tone lowered for the sake of the patients nearby. There weren’t a lot of places for private conversations in the makeshift clinic. “I know it’s a lot to ask, but if we could get some bio-scanning equipment in here, we could identify the pregnancies at risk and attempt to transfer them to…”

She drifted off, suddenly realizing that she was likely interrupting a conversation. “O-oh, I’m sorry…” Her confidence faded and she felt embarrassed, easily putting her out of place. The child gurgled and she pulled the blankets back over him, shifting the baby in her arms. “I didn’t mean to interrupt.” Nida gave the newcomer a soft, awkward smile. The young Zeltron was able to focus in times of crisis, but she quickly and keenly reverted to her shy, anxious nature.

bhWyJZe.gif
(Objective 2ish)
"If they feed on commerce they must be starving, with the FO gone they have no real other contracts. The First Order demands total loyalty, and I'm sure most of their production was to supply the war machine. I mean you see all those Tie fighters just collecting dust, probably an old order that was never picked up after the lizards forced them out. So all they know is commerce, how to sacrifice everything to make the credit. How do we change that Sor-gan? I mean that is generations of generations of mindset and culture that needs to be changed."

"Stuff like that doesn't happen over night..."

Mako looked back to the lines of FO ships, so much production, it is all they knew.

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

VOLUNTEER CLINIC
ERIADU CITY SLUMS
OBJECTIVE THREE
[member="Nida Perl"] | [member="Sigyn Vanir"]

Yes, well...no harm done, the Jedi Master's voice flowed through her mind like otherworldly music, It is a pleasure to meet you, Sigyn. You may call me Oros.

She had seen taken aback by his warning, a curious reaction. Had she not encountered Imperial patrols on the way here? Perhaps there was something to this rumor of First Order withdrawal after all. Still, it was better safe than sorry and so for now he hoped she would take his words to heart. For too long the galaxy had been consumed by religious war, and though he held little love for the darkside he would have never forgiven himself if his past associations brought these people to harm. The sick and wounded all around them had enough to worry about just getting by day to day.

He took Nida's interruption in stride, floating through cyanogen liquid to press himself against the glass of his life support tank so he might get a better sense of the humanoid infant she held in her arms. Its deformities were indeed obvious, and sadly all too common on a toxic world like Eriadu.

Not at all, Oros lifted one of his tentacles in an imitation of a dismissive wave, Your arrival is in fact most timely. Nida Perl, allow me to introduce Sigyn Vanir our newest volunteer. Her medicine training is in its early stages, but I'm satisfied with her credentials. Perhaps you could help her find her place here?

He paused, once again examining the unfortunate child still cradled in Nida's arms.

I will see what I can do about requisitioning more equipment, but you know its a long shot. We can barely maintain our supply of bacta and kolto...

Location: The Ja Highlandshttps://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ja_highlands?redlink=1
Nearby: Himself
Objective I: Environmental Clean-Up

The descent to the landing site was marred in silence and disbelief, on the part of the Valkyri padawan.

He had been brought up through his early stages of life on a planet full of life, albeit a much harsher and ill tempered climate than most planets, it still boasted vast and beautiful vestiges of wild places, yet untouched by the hands of the men and women of the home-world. He was proud to call Midvinter his home and he believed his own world to be the most beautiful and untamed of all, despite his ignorance to the vast majority of the celestial bodies that were the innumerable planets in the galaxy. Perhaps he was biased in that way.

Either way, it was hard to imagine a world could fall into such degradation and filth as the world before him had. Why had the people not done something to change it before it had gotten so far beyond repair? He knew the answer without even having to ask; Greed, Wealth, and above all else, Power. It was a disgusting display of what only three carnal desires could do to a person. So profoundly strong and will-siphoning that it bred ignorance to what was going on beyond their own wants and desires. It almost caused him to question whether or not the people deserved the help that the Sacred Lotus was offering to them, but then he had to remind himself that the many could not be judged on the actions of the few, a naive way to look at the situation, but he held tight to this belief nonetheless.

As he stood and stretched muscles that felt as though they hadn’t fully moved in hours, he towered over many of those assembled around him - including a large portion of the accompanying Jedi and Sacred Lotus healers. He got a few stares and even perhaps a few looks of intimidation, but his demeanor quickly shut down those looks. His very presence was one of peacefulness and calm, at least outwardly. He felt a great deal more that he kept buried within, able to hide it from even the most prying of minds with a heavy effort to shield his mind. He was a prideful creature and did not care for others to know the depths of his failings, or faults.

Even so, as the ship landed and everyone scurried about attempting to gather the necessary materials to achieve their own respective objectives, Mani approached his own team with an air of false confidence and authority.

“Our goal is to clear and create a new sanctuary to begin the reintroduction of wildlife to Eriadu.” he paused to ensure that those who had chosen this same objective were near enough to hear him before continuing, “Make no mistake that despite whatever success we may achieve today, it will take many years, perhaps even longer than our own lifespans, to see our efforts bear fruit. We should find consolation in the fact that we are here and are willing to make the changes necessary to create a better future both for ourselves and the future generations that will exist long beyond ourselves.”

His eyes found their way to the senior officer he had spoken to once before on the bridge and noticed that he was joining in his own objective and that brought a smile to valkyri’s face, as well as spawning a rise of nausea within his own stomach. He was expected to lead the efforts for this mission, he who had been gone from the galaxy, trapped beneath snow and ice for two years or more. Hopefully he could do the group justice and accomplish what he came to do.

As the ship landed a bit roughly, and the doors opened to reveal the heap of filth beyond, the padawan found himself repulsed instantly. The thick and pungent odor of trash and waste hit him as though it carried the weight of a fully grown Midvinter-Mammoth, he found himself gagging audibly, his virgin senses new to such vile aromas. He had not traveled to many worlds beyond Voss, Kashyyyk, and Midvinter, and so his senses were nearly overwhelmed -- even those of veteran travelers of the stars that had joined his voyage found themselves nearly spewing forth the contents of their own stomachs.

No one made comments on those who did lose their stomachs. The site beyond the loading ramp was truly indescribable, with towering mountains of waste that had laid for centuries untouched and the squeaks and harsh calls of a horde of rats, angry that their slumber had been disturbed. Many aboard the ship dreaded to step off, but the young padawan was determined to change this place. And with this in mind, he took his first step off the platform and into the filth of the planet’s surface; his foot sinking into nearly two feet of what appeared to be a concoction of unnameable origins. He dreaded to think what it was, and so turned his focus to those that had exited behind him, grateful to see that he was not alone in his revulsion of what had been done to this planet.

"Oh, shut up," she gave her brother a sideways glance. "You have any idea how many would-be 'suitors' I have had to deal with on my travels? Arnie even pulled a man's arm out of its socket once..." She tried to stop him, of course. A little. Didn't work out for the guy. "I'm no longer that timid little girl, Théo," she gently added. "At least, I try not to be. It shouldn't all be left up to you and Papa to be strong for the sake of others."

The two had made their introduction to the locals, and so now walked the shoreline free of being halted by more ignorant bystanders. The word spread quickly and soon enough people would gather to watched the two Jedi from a distance, curious to see what they would do. "Well, at first glance it's either evacuating this whole town, or we go shut down the factories that caused this. Permanently." She rubbed her chin in a pondering manner before turning to Théo. "Let me try something."

Nina kneeled down by the riverside close to one of the larger bubbles about to burst, tapping into the Force. The stench was even worse up close, and if wrong she would very soon be in a lot of pain. Reaching out towards it she projected a stasis field localised around that one bubble, and sure enough it got trapped in time and never did burst. "Alright, good. This will buy us some time, whatever course of action we decide to take." But the river went on for miles and even between the two of them they could not hope to put it all in stasis, least of all long enough for everyone to get evacuated. "We could evacuate one part of town at a time, lock down that specific part of the river and then rinse and repeat."

An even larger bubble burst just next to the one currently in stasis, causing Nina to recoil and scramble to her feet, which in turn disrupted her stasis field. "We will have to move fast, it's just a matter of time before it grows out of control." By now the crowd of onlookers had grown exponentially, with noticable arguing going on. Clearly they'd overheard their intent and some were not happy.

"Do you want to tell them, or should I?"

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

Objective I.5: Environmental Issues
[member="Nina Heavenshield"]

Xrr4bJI.png

“Nina, just be care ..”, the words had not time to reach her ear before she was doing something to the sludge. And for the moment the bubble stopped, held in a field of stasis but they would not be able to cover the entire river in it, Théo lacked the knowledge to create one for a start and they simply did not have the time.

Once the second bubble erupted and all but knocked everyone out with the stench and acid fumes, it was apparent that evacuation was the only option, immediate option and the second plan of cleansing the river would come later. Besides they did not have the resources to begin such an operation that would have any immediate effect enough to stop the impeding doom.

“Quiet!”, he yelled over the voices arguing among themselves. For the most part they seemed to be just as concerned about the river as Nina and he was, they had never seen it this volatile before and that had been growing for the past few weeks. They had sent representatives to the city but all their concerns had fallen on deaf ears, corrupt deaf ears. Others in the group were still not convinced that there was anything to worry about, most likely they did not wish to leave the only home that they had known and by the looks of them, most had been born here and knew nothing else.

How do you explain to someone in this position, which they had to abandon their life, leave everything behind, all they possess in this world of any value to them?

The voices fell quiet and faces looked to him and Nina standing on the side of the river bank. Théo took a step closer to Nina, something was about to happen and it was not good, the force warning him that the situation had just turned against them, volatile toward the two strangers. One last ditched effort, “If you don’t go now, get as far away from this place as possible you will all die”, he yelled for them all to hear. But there was no reasoning in their eyes, not one of them, but there was fear as well for what if what this stranger says is true? There was hesitation, just for the briefest of moments before ..

“Kill them! Kill them now!”. And the baying crowd of rivers dwellers lurched forward. Théo’s mind raced in all directions, if he employed a shock wave to push back these people it would probably be effective in killing them all, as the river would explode for sure. One spark from his saber would have the same effect, and as his mind raced his arms raised and expelled a powerful force push, a wall of force that knocked them to the ground like dominoes.

“I have a plan”, he suddenly told Nina as he took her by the hand and ran toward the junkyard village.

The crowd soon went out of control even as her brother attempted to get through to them. She could sense their trepidation growing, further nourished by the corrupt henchmen of whoever was behind the pollution of the river and it would soon lead to aggression. It would seem they had had enough of Jedi trespassers, and Nina looked to her brother for what to do. It would do no-one any good were they to give their lives over to the locals, and fighting and potentially killing the townsfolk was out of the question. Théo's decision to run for it was the only decision, and so as he grabbed her hand she was quick to follow his lead.

Immediately the locals began chasing them down along the riverside towards the junkyard, and upon passing a large piece of scrap metal she stopped and turned to raise her hands, sending the slab of metal flying towards their pursuers, knocking down several rows of them. She then spun around and followed her brother. "Whatever you're thinking of doing, you better do it now," she called to him as they hid within the vast junkyard.

"Tell me what you need me to do."

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

Objective I.5: Environmental Issues
[member="Nina Heavenshield"]

Xrr4bJI.png

He looked at her, but kept running until they were in the junkyard village. There was no semblance of any order about the place which was not surprising as they seemed to build up a home around rubbish so it was easy for Théo to find a hiding place for the moment, just to catch their breath and so he could speak to her before setting the plan in motion. "This place is about to go up in flames, I can sense it and we have to get them out of here now", he turned to her holding her by both arms to set the urgency of their situation as well of that of the villagers.

"They are not going to listen to reason, so we have to give them a reason", he paused for a moment looking around the junkscape and it appeared that the center of the village was away from the toxic waters of the river that might be the best place to do it. "We need to blow the place up but first check the 'homes' for others, so we might need to split up". If she could come up with something better he would welcome the suggestion, he did not really like the thought of them separating but time was not on their side.

"I will start a small fire, somewhere safe and that will provide proof that this place is in danger. You search all the homes telling them to get as far away from the village as possible", he could heard the angry voices approaching, searching for them. "And then run, run as fast as you can .. ", he looked at her sternly brooking no argument against his staying behind besides he did not want to give up his life, not today.

"When I set off the fire properly..", he nodded toward the approaching mad crowd, ".. it will give them reason to follow me, bait". He could not see any other way around this and all he hoped for was that they all got out safely. If they stayed here they would all die and if they were lucky it might just work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom